Ranger SB Nerf: Not 40 milliseconds

in Ranger

Posted by: Qaletaqa Hania.2598

Qaletaqa Hania.2598

So Quickness doubles speed right? We know QZ gives us Quickness and we know pre-patch it was 16 arrows in 4 seconds and post-patch 12 arrows in 4 seconds.

So that means if QZ doubles speed we should shoot 8 arrows in 4 seconds pre-patch and 6 arrows in 4 seconds post-patch using “Crossfire”.

How many seconds are there in a minute? 60.

60/4=15.
8*15 =120. (pre-patch)
6*15=90. (post-patch)

120 – 90 = 30. ( outcome is the difference between pre and post)
30 is 25% of 120.

Maybe Quickness is bugged, QZ and Zephyr’s Speed are bugged and aren’t cutting the casting time in half for Crossfire, or they incorrectly increased the casting time of Crossfire by a time greater then 40 milliseconds.

(edited by Qaletaqa Hania.2598)

in Ranger

Posted by: faytte.1057

faytte.1057

Um its been one day.

On the other hand this issue underlines major Ranger issues that have gone unresponded to. Basically the rangers only saving grace was at this point SB, and now that its gone, the entire pathetic class is bubbling up to players eyes.

in Ranger

Posted by: nish.2360

nish.2360

God I put 200 hours into my ranger, I have tried other weapons, but nothing just seems as good as SB used to be (Axe+Torch seems to be the next contender). I just don’t have the motivation to start over with another character. What are the odds that this will be addressed?

in Ranger

faytte.1057

No idea. We were told last night they would look at it, and then its been crickets.

in Ranger

Posted by: Max.8503

Max.8503

Stop Nerfing the Ranger Anet, this is getting ridiculous

in Ranger

Posted by: iCeReal.2719

iCeReal.2719

….

I guess you missed my earlier post, you cannot use 4 seconds and an accurate measuring time to calculate up to 60 seconds. This is the biggest fault i keep seeing from people saying theres no major damage decrease.
You are essentially saying that any decimal is useless from .1 to .9 but you fail to realize that 16,9 arrows in 4 seconds is 253,5. And no im not saying that was what it used to be but im tired of seeing that stupid kitten argument

in Ranger

Posted by: Skolvikings.5132

Skolvikings.5132

No idea. We were told last night they would look at it, and then its been crickets.

In all fairness, today is a holiday in the USA. So I’m personally going to cut them some slack for today. That said, whatever response we get (or don’t get) from the devs after today will be telling. This is a major concern for rangers. If nothing else, we just want honesty. At least I do. Whether I agree with their eventual response or don’t agree, if I get the truth, then I can go forward and make decisions based on the facts rather than conjuncture. If they say nothing, on the other hand, then I spent my entertainment dollars in the wrong place. I can’t see them ignoring this, though. We’ll just have to wait and see if we get an official response tomorrow.

in Ranger

Posted by: nish.2360

nish.2360

Sustained damage isn’t really the issue here. In PvP, you need to focus on burst, and as a Ranger, SB was our only option for that (besides axe+torch). A slower attack speed makes a huge difference when a thief is on your kitten bursting the crap out of your face. Personally, I couldn’t care less about the nerf when it comes to dungeons, spending an extra 5 seconds on a mob isn’t a big deal. Spending an extra 2 seconds in PvP means the difference between life and death, and an extra few shots really help.

in Ranger

Skolvikings.5132

Everyone says the SB fired 2 arrows every second before the patch. That’s 120 arrows per minute, or 500 milliseconds per arrow.

The patch notes claimed they added 40 milliseconds to the animation. That means the SB went from 500 milliseconds per arrow to now being 540 milliseconds per arrow. If you divide 60 seconds by 540 milliseconds, it’s 111.11111 arrows per minute. That’s a decrease of 8.88889 arrows each minute.

According to the wiki, the SB crossfire skill has a base damage of 134. That means, after the patch, the SB does 1,191 less base damage per minute from crossfire.

Before the patch: 16,080 damage per minute
Post patch: 14,889 damage per minute

So just base damage alone, that’s a 7.4% decrease in base damage per minute. Remember this is only base damage. If you’re able to stack bleeds, that damage has also been reduced because you’ll get less stacks per minute. If you have a signet on your SB with a chance to deal extra damage, the game only “rolls” your chance of extra damage on every arrow. So now there’s less chances to roll for that extra damage. If you have piercing arrows and line up your shots to get multiple enemies, now those secondary targets take less damage too. Etc., etc.

The consequences of slowing down the firing rate of crossfire can be pretty big, depending on your build.

(edited by Skolvikings.5132)

in Ranger

Posted by: NinjaKnight.1340

NinjaKnight.1340

In all fairness, today is a holiday in the USA. So I’m personally going to cut them some slack for today. That said, whatever response we get (or don’t get) from the devs after today will be telling. This is a major concern for rangers. If nothing else, we just want honesty. At least I do. Whether I agree with their eventual response or don’t agree, if I get the truth, then I can go forward and make decisions based on the facts rather than conjuncture. If they say nothing, on the other hand, then I spent my entertainment dollars in the wrong place. I can’t see them ignoring this, though. We’ll just have to wait and see if we get an official response tomorrow.

FYI, it is Columbus day in the US which is pretty much a holiday only for the laziest Gov institutions. Schools are open as are practically every other business.

With such an uproar about this they could have at least made a post that recognized it is indeed an error and WILL be fixed. Instead all we have so far from Peters is “I will look into it”.

in Ranger

Qaletaqa Hania.2598

….

I guess you missed my earlier post, you cannot use 4 seconds and an accurate measuring time to calculate up to 60 seconds. This is the biggest fault i keep seeing from people saying theres no major damage decrease.
You are essentially saying that any decimal is useless from .1 to .9 but you fail to realize that 16,9 arrows in 4 seconds is 253,5. And no im not saying that was what it used to be but im tired of seeing that stupid kitten argument

I’m not saying that there is no major damage decrease. I’m saying the math is telling me that damage output has been decreased by 25%.

And people can’t do an as accurate as you want calculation because we don’t have those numbers.

Next time read the entire post.

(edited by Qaletaqa Hania.2598)

in Ranger

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

i feel ranger is the weakest class of all… why nerf it ? rework on spirits…..

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in Ranger

Skolvikings.5132

My daughter’s elementary school had today off. So did the local university. If enough of the ANet team had today off (they deserve vacation time too), those who are working today might not be able to say its an error that will be fixed, because they may not know yet. Why assume the worse? I say give them one more day. If we haven’t had an ANet employee respond by this time tomorrow, then I’ll be miffed too, but I’m cutting them some slack today.

At the end of the day, this is a game. It’s meant to be fun, right? Stress is known to cause health issues. It’s not worth it over a game.

in Ranger

Posted by: Criminal.5627

Criminal.5627

all i can say is bleeds are not stacking like they were in pvp and i had to use entangle in a 1v1 fight cause i couldnt get past 10 stacks before they started dropping fighting a theif pre patch was 12-15 stacks with basic attacks and no utility vs them buggers (granted that is with the trait for bleeds on crit) point is that bleeds are not stacking as fast from the basic attacks and it is a hinderance expecialy vs the more slippery classes that such as mezmer and theif where bleeds had seemed to be the only viable way to reliably deal with threats from a highly moble target for the ranger profession, the burst dmg from all other weapons is far to slow LB isnt even comparable to the dmg SB does in pvp because of the cast time on long range shot, axe is only sustained dmg with no burst so rangers are SOL on ranged burst/highdmg capability ATM till something gets fixed

Giant spiders of the world are just misunderstood creatures, they love to snuggle too.

in Ranger

Posted by: iCeReal.2719

iCeReal.2719

….

I’m not saying that there is no major damage decrease. I’m saying the math is telling me that damage output has been decreased by 25%.

And people can’t do an as accurate as you want calculation because we don’t have those numbers.

Yea sorry about jumping the gun there but too many people have posted crap all day regarding the math.
Heres a link to someone that actually went and tested prepatch. http://tinyurl.com/9uzzgqw

in Ranger

Skolvikings.5132

….

QZ doubles the speed.

Before the patch, one arrow took 500 milliseconds. With QZ, each arrow took 250 milliseconds over a 4000 millisecond (4 second) time span. The base damage of crossfire is 134 per 1000 milliseconds (1 second).

Before Patch: (4000 / 250) * 134 = 2,144 base damage from QZ.

After the patch, one arrow takes 540 milliseconds. With QZ, each arrow takes 270 milliseconds over a 4000 millisecond (4 second) time span. The base damage of crossfire is still 134 per 1000 milliseconds (1 second).

Post Patch: (4000 / 270) * 134 = 1,985 base damage from QZ.

After the patch, SB crossfire combined with QZ does 10.1% less damage than it did before the patch.

(2,144 – 1,985) / 2,144 = 7%

EDIT: I punched the wrong numbers into my calculator the first time. Fixed.

in Ranger

Qaletaqa Hania.2598

….

QZ doubles the speed.

Before the patch, one arrow took 500 milliseconds. With QZ, each arrow took 250 milliseconds over a 4000 millisecond (4 second) time span. The base damage of crossfire is 134 per 1000 milliseconds (1 second).

Before Patch: (4000 / 250) * 134 = 2,208 base damage from QZ.

After the patch, one arrow takes 540 milliseconds. With QZ, each arrow takes 270 milliseconds over a 4000 millisecond (4 second) time span. The base damage of crossfire is still 134 per 1000 milliseconds (1 second).

After the patch, SB crossfire combined with QZ does 10.1% less damage than it did before the patch.

(2,208 – 1,985) / 2,208 = 10.1%

Now that is if it all was correctly implemented, but QZ doesn’t fire 14 arrows in those 4000 milliseconds post patch, it only fires 12 arrows in 4000 milliseconds.

in Ranger

Skolvikings.5132

Heres a link to someone that actually went and tested prepatch. http://tinyurl.com/9uzzgqw

If that post is correct and crossfire took 400 milliseconds before the patch, the math changes as follows:

BEFORE PATCH:
(4000 / 200) * 134 = 2,620 base dmg with QZ

POST PATCH:
(4000 / 220) * 134 = 2,436 base dmg with QZ

TOTAL REDUCTION:
(2620 – 2436) / 2620 = 7%

Remember, this is just BASE damage for the shortbow over the 4 seconds that Quickening Zephyr is active. I doesn’t include bleed stacks or any other damage bonuses from gear.

in Ranger

Posted by: Rachel Spahr.8307

Rachel Spahr.8307

….

QZ doubles the speed.

Before Patch: (4000 / 250) * 134 = 2,208 base damage from QZ.

(2,208 – 1,985) / 2,208 = 10.1%

The problem with the math is that 4000/270 = 14.8 Post patch no one is seeing more than 12 arrows fired during QZ, therefore it must be higher than 40ms. Based on all the calculations I have been running, the increase in speed is a lot closer to 100ms, or a 25% increase in speed. That explains the observed reduction in QZ, and in bleed stacks.

4000/350 = 11.4 which would be the observed 12 since QZ would end in the middle of the 12th shot. Actually, if QZ is working correctly that means it is a 200ms increase without QZ, but I do not believe it is that bad. Instead what I see happening is QZ is not halving the 100ms increase.

(edited by Rachel Spahr.8307)

in Ranger

Posted by: Endymion.2369

Endymion.2369

Has no one else even noticed that 3 of our other 5 skills now have a cast time in ADDITION to the crossfire nerf. WTF ANet? Do you seriously want every person to play a thief?

Brirelle – Lvl 80 Human Ranger
How much time does it take to kill a shortbow ranger? 40 milliseconds.

in Ranger

Skolvikings.5132

Now that is if it all was correctly implemented, but QZ doesn’t fire 14 arrows in those 4000 milliseconds post patch, it only fires 12 arrows in 4000 milliseconds.

Then if that’s true…

BEFORE PATCH:
16 * 134 = 2144 base dmg with QZ

POST PATCH:
12 * 134 = 1608 base dmg with QZ

PERCENTAGE REDUCTION:
(2144 – 1608) / 2144 = 25% less base damage

Again, that doesn’t take into account any bleeds or other gear that may increase the SB damage.

However, in PvE assuming you have a pet that’s alive and dealing damage too, the OVERALL damage reduction is smaller because they didn’t nerf the pets damage, and our SB crossfire damage is just part of that total.

That said, in PvP where pet damage is reduced or eliminated, the nerf is much more profound.

in Ranger

Qaletaqa Hania.2598

Then if that’s true…

BEFORE PATCH:
16 * 134 = 2144 base dmg with QZ

POST PATCH:
12 * 134 = 1608 base dmg with QZ

PERCENTAGE REDUCTION:
(2144 – 1608) / 2144 = 25% less base damage

That’s what my calculations give me, I just simplified it and took a different path.

in Ranger

Posted by: Criminal.5627

Criminal.5627

If that post is correct and crossfire took 400 milliseconds before the patch, the math changes as follows:

BEFORE PATCH:
(4000 / 200) * 134 = 2,620 base dmg with QZ

POST PATCH:
(4000 / 220) * 134 = 2,436 base dmg with QZ

TOTAL REDUCTION:
(2620 – 2436) / 2620 = 7%

Remember, this is just BASE damage for the shortbow over the 4 seconds that Quickening Zephyr is active. I doesn’t include bleed stacks or any other damage bonuses from gear.

the whole point of the short bow really is bleed stacks though, without the bleeding it is just a faster shooting longbow with lower base dmg on the first attack so the loss of bleed stacks is pretty significant when used, what we need is if someone wrote their base bleed stacks without any procs on crossfire pre patch compaired to post patch some people have mentioned some before but was that taking traits into account or is that just base weapon only?

Giant spiders of the world are just misunderstood creatures, they love to snuggle too.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kubi.2316

Kubi.2316

I’ll take a look on live right now!

So? what is the verdict?

in Ranger

faytte.1057

Verdict is, needs more looking…How hard would it be just to undo the changes until they can investigate the full impact of the animation tweak?

in Ranger

Posted by: Strongfort.2451

Strongfort.2451

To hell with the animation bug – just put it back the way it was. Fix the animation later!

This is the last usable weapon in sPvP for the ranger and you’re killing. Put it back the way it was, then buff the long-bow and fix the fact that people can “dodge” it’s attacks by moving.

in Ranger

Posted by: Governor Toothpaste.1582

Governor Toothpaste.1582

The reason I am upset is because it says they implemented this “patch” because of an animation glitch which, as I’ve said before, seems like a lazy way to fix the glitch. I mean, how could they not compensate even if it wasn’t bugged with the reasoning they gave us. This animation glitch gives me hope and makes me think that they screwed up and they will fix it… obviously not soon. I would feel as if I had “closure” with the ranger profession if they said that they nerfed it. As much as I would hate it, I wouldn’t be on the forums posting these posts and checking to see if they had any news on their recent screw up. That’s what makes me disgruntled.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zsymon.8457

Zsymon.8457

This whole latest update and this ordeal gives me a feeling of unacceptable unprofessionality.. any of us here on this forum could have handled this issue a lot better than what’s being done/not done.

I don’t think they “hate” the ranger class or anything, I just get this feeling that they really don’t care about the further development of this game. The graphics of this game are so beautiful, and the gameplay concept is quite good.. but now it’s as if they just gave up on sustaining the game.

I don’t know, maybe they wanted to get a certain amount of money from the initial sales, and once they got that due to the insane hype, they just put the game on minimum staff, minimum priority, and move on to something else. What shows this might be true as well, is the complete lack of forum feedback.. they just don’t communicate with the community at all, even though a simple post now and then would completely take away people’s worries. Unpaid volunteer moderators on social forums do better than this.

(edited by Zsymon.8457)

in Ranger

Zsymon.8457

The change to the guardian greatsword for example, shows how there is absolutely no communication between designers and players. Every single player in the game would have said: “NO don’t change the order of the skills, and NO don’t double the recharge of symbol of wrath, as it cripples dps and combo field availability, just replace the retaliation with another boon, since the change was done because of retaliation.”

Now tons of players are deleting/quitting their guardian because the change made it unplayable to them and effectively applied a massive, unintended nerf to offensive guardians. It won’t get fixed, because none of the previous overnerfs got fixed either (example: ranger longbow & elementalist dmg). These kinds of extremely low quality, shot-in-the-dark gameplay changes really worry me, especially since they’ve been happening since beta.

(edited by Zsymon.8457)

in Ranger

Posted by: Pandemoniac.4739

Pandemoniac.4739

How many days without a response and now this thread is moved to the Ranger forums?

The last dev response to the thread was about 24 hours ago as of me posting this… it takes time to investigate issues.

Why shouldn’t this be in the ranger forum?

Don’t ever think you know what’s right for the other person.
He might start thinking he knows what’s right for you.
—Paul Williams

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

The change to the guardian greatsword for example, shows how there is absolutely no communication between designers and players. Every single player in the game would have said: “NO don’t change the order of the skills, and NO don’t double the recharge of symbol of wrath, as it cripples dps and combo field availability, just replace the retaliation with another boon, since the change was done because of retaliation.”

Now tons of players are deleting/quitting their guardian because the change made it unplayable to them and effectively applied a massive, unintended nerf to offensive guardians. It won’t get fixed, because none of the previous overnerfs got fixed either (example: ranger longbow & elementalist dmg). These kinds of extremely low quality, shot-in-the-dark gameplay changes really worry me.

The sad thing is that I thought I had left the behind when I stopped playing World of Tanks but Anet make Wargaming look like they know what they are doing and care about the customers.

I was so looking forward to this game too.

in Ranger

Zsymon.8457

The game was far better before any of the beta changes ever got applied, so it seems as if one team created the initial game, and then another team started systematically destroying it during and after beta, wildly downgrading and ruining entire professions and builds and weapons left and right. This game could have been the one that toppled WoW, easily even.. all the tools were there.. but it is being destroyed now, it gets destroyed into the ground further with every weekly update as more professions and builds become invalid even for solo pve, and I don’t think it will survive until its first expansion.. one more update/patch like this and a lot of people will quit.

(edited by Zsymon.8457)

in Ranger

Posted by: Yazmat.2785

Yazmat.2785

Seeing someone from Anet post here gives me some hope….

in Ranger

Posted by: Kildari.2480

Kildari.2480

iCeReal actually the measurment of how many arrows are shot during a QZ is a very effective method of determining how many arrows are shot in total. See in theory if the number of arrows shot were greater then 120 per minute then in at least one video out of the dozens I’ve seen would show 17 arrows shot. I have seen ZERO that showed more then 16 arrows. That means the number is static.

If you can show me a video of 17 arrows shot then I can say it is entirely possible that the number of total arrows in 60 seconds is greater then 120. So far there is absolutely no proof and what I have seen on these forums is just made up numbers.

I mean heck I can throw out random numbers too but it wouldn’t actually do any good. Every post I’ve seen that says they have hard proof has yet to prove it. I can. I can show videos of what we shot before the nerf. That is easy.

I have not yet seen one video where 17 arrows were shot. That would solidify everyone’s anger and I could accept it. Right now what it looks to me is like everyone is throwing a hissy fit and that WONT get us anywhere.

We need proof. We need to show them what really changed. Not a HEY THIS IS WRONG BECAUSE EVERYONE ELSE SAYS IT IS.

in Ranger

Posted by: Alur.7510

Alur.7510

Why you put something live without testing? Even if it’s some numbers!

in Ranger

Posted by: ChillyChinaman.6057

ChillyChinaman.6057

Time to throw in my 2 cents.
But first my credentials:
Level 80 Ranger currently in Malchor’s Leap
No Dungeon experience
Rank 6 PvP
~160 Hours logged as Ranger.

I just got back from 3 games of sPvP W/L is 2/1
Placed in the bottom third in the first win and about 4th in the second.

I didn’t notice any MAJOR performance change. The shorbow is doing as good/bad as it was doing before despite shooting slower. QZ is definitely slower. No numbers to back this, only anecdotal experience.

I’m just an average schmuck who happens to like rangers. I don’t have any technical or experienced background in the game, and I’m as dumb as a rock. However, I, as a casual player, still feel that the class is still playable. If some skill-less noob like me manages to pull off 5 kills in PvP against some of the “unlosable” professions like Warrior or Mesmer, I think it shows that people are blowing this out of proportion. Either that or I faced off against 3 trash teams in a row. But then why wasn’t everyone else scoring 200+ points vs my ~85?

In conclusion:
On the bright side we still have our defense and utility. I’d like to see a warrior dodge with this rifle, or interrupt someone stomping a teammate. And Hide in Plain Sight/Shared Anguish has helped me escape near deaths to recoup and exact revenge numerous times.

Also 1v1s are fine for the most part. We’re not killing anyone, at least in a timely fashion, but we’re not getting rolled either. Thank goodness Anet hasn’t touched oursuperb kiting ability, yet.

in Ranger

Posted by: krojack.4920

krojack.4920

I’m guessing the employee that said they would look into it got a scolding about getting our hopes up….

80 Sylvari Ranger – Jade Quarry
» My current Guild Wars 2 game annoyances

in Ranger

Posted by: Kildari.2480

Kildari.2480

Actually I’d like to thank whoever posted the link of the tested numbers above. I’ll link it again just so everyone sees. Tested before this patch sortbow shot what looks like 122.4 arrows in 60 seconds. Now this is actual numbesr I can see and believe. So we lost a total of 4.4 arrows in 60 seconds which is a slowdown of 7.33 ms per arrow.

This is definitely more then they said and i’m now on this bandwagon!

A-net this needs to be fixed. Math has been shown and you are very wrong in your patch notes.

http://mmo-mechanics.com/forums/topic/1002-shortbow-vs-longbow/#entry21897

in Ranger

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

posting for rights

in Ranger

Rizzy.8293

Why does a shortbow shoot faster than a rifle anyway? From the video I’ve seen it still shoots fast just not spammable fast.

Rifles =/= sub machine guns.

Judging from the looks of those rifles in Gw2 they’re black powder rifles.
Black powder rifles in RL take ages to reload.

Using a bow, does not require feeding black powder down a tube, sticking a ball barring down said tube and stuffing it down tight with a rod.

So why does a bow shoot faster than a rifle?
Because a bow is faster to reload.

in Ranger

Rizzy.8293

I’m guessing the employee that said they would look into it got a scolding about getting our hopes up….

That Employee happens to be JonPeters aka Game Designer

in Ranger

Posted by: NinjaKnight.1340

NinjaKnight.1340

Time to throw in my 2 cents.
But first my credentials:
Level 80 Ranger currently in Malchor’s Leap
No Dungeon experience
Rank 6 PvP
~160 Hours logged as Ranger.

I just got back from 3 games of sPvP W/L is 2/1
Placed in the bottom third in the first win and about 4th in the second.

I didn’t notice any MAJOR performance change. The shorbow is doing as good/bad as it was doing before despite shooting slower. QZ is definitely slower. No numbers to back this, only anecdotal experience.

I’m just an average schmuck who happens to like rangers. I don’t have any technical or experienced background in the game, and I’m as dumb as a rock. However, I, as a casual player, still feel that the class is still playable. If some skill-less noob like me manages to pull off 5 kills in PvP against some of the “unlosable” professions like Warrior or Mesmer, I think it shows that people are blowing this out of proportion. Either that or I faced off against 3 trash teams in a row. But then why wasn’t everyone else scoring 200+ points vs my ~85?

In conclusion:
On the bright side we still have our defense and utility. I’d like to see a warrior dodge with this rifle, or interrupt someone stomping a teammate. And Hide in Plain Sight/Shared Anguish has helped me escape near deaths to recoup and exact revenge numerous times.

Also 1v1s are fine for the most part. We’re not killing anyone, at least in a timely fashion, but we’re not getting rolled either. Thank goodness Anet hasn’t touched oursuperb kiting ability, yet.

If there is one thing they got right, this game does depend heavily on skill. Movement and twich reflexes. So the nerf probably got buried in your experience because you were just a little bit better than the other team. Also, team cooperation makes a huge difference vs. solo play when you are weak like the Ranger.

As you said 1v1 you aren’t killing anyone in a timely fashion. There are other classes which can kill VERY fast 1v1 if played right.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sticktallic.7835

Sticktallic.7835

This is starting to look like the last mmo i played where rangers were at the bottom tier of pvp nearly useless, there are many things with rangers that need fix and instead of improving them anet nerf them even more. I hope they fix this ,so far no response yet…

in Ranger

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I had no problem with the animation before. Using a shortbow and quickness felt amazing. Now it feels sad.

in Ranger

Posted by: Apophis.8561

Apophis.8561

sorry to burst everyones bubble but i feel stronglyt that anet won’t change a thing.

in Ranger

Posted by: Rachel Spahr.8307

Rachel Spahr.8307

Bottom line, and it seems to be confirmed by others…

Crossfire has actually gone up 80ms, not 40 (from 480 to 560ms)
Furthermore, this increase is NOT being halved by QZ or ZS
QZ is taking 240 (half of 480) + 80 = 320 = 12 shots

Anet needs to reverse this ASAP and put it back on the drawing board.

in Ranger

Posted by: Governor Toothpaste.1582

Governor Toothpaste.1582

I’m betting they will just put it behind all the other bugs that were “first”. Don’t expect a fix for a long, long time. It doesn’t seem like they are even prioritizing the important ones. How was an animation bug topping the list?

I honestly can’t believe they are using staff to do a Halloween event. Shouldn’t they be capitalizing on their game first? Fixing all the issues?

On that bitter note, time to re-roll. I’ll see all you rangers on the other side… the other class side.

in Ranger

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

If you’re able to stack bleeds, that damage has also been reduced because you’ll get less stacks per minute.

Only relevant if you assume bleeds stack infinitely or that their duration was altered, neither of which is true. The bleeds last 3 seconds. At most, the change to crossfire is going to cost you one bleed for 1.3% of the time. Which is practically irrelevant (completely irrelevant in a group with 2 or more bleeders, because you’ll probably hit the bleed cap, same as before).

- Al Zheimer

in Ranger

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

Black powder rifles in RL take ages to reload.

[…]

So why does a bow shoot faster than a rifle?
Because a bow is faster to reload.

Since you’re applying logic and realism and all, where do your arrows come from?

- Al Zheimer

in Ranger

Posted by: Leogolas.6941

Leogolas.6941

SB only attacking skill is crossfire, the rest is just support skills , every class has different play style and comparing 1 class to the other is meaningless. I do not give a squat if a warrior can “out bow” me , this whole issue is about nerfing short bow damage output when they stated they were just fixing the animation ( which I still can’t remember having that issue)
So , if they do not reverse the nerf on SB , they should just increase the damage of all the skill on SB .
Those who say that it’s only 1 arrow less , there’s not much diff anyway! Pls Shut the kitten up ! The freaking patch was not suppose to do anything else except fix a animation glitch that I have not seen any1 mention or notice.

The SB never did needed a nerf in the 1st place.
Why the hell does SB need a nerf? Give me a reason why it is op?

[TSA] The Stuffed Animals
~We Are Deadly When Required~