Ranger SB Nerf: Not 40 milliseconds

in Ranger

Posted by: Sticktallic.7835

Sticktallic.7835

This whole latest update and this ordeal gives me a feeling of unacceptable unprofessionality.. any of us here on this forum could have handled this issue a lot better than what’s being done/not done.

I don’t think they “hate” the ranger class or anything, I just get this feeling that they really don’t care about the further development of this game. The graphics of this game are so beautiful, and the gameplay concept is quite good.. but now it’s as if they just gave up on sustaining the game.

I don’t know, maybe they wanted to get a certain amount of money from the initial sales, and once they got that due to the insane hype, they just put the game on minimum staff, minimum priority, and move on to something else. What shows this might be true as well, is the complete lack of forum feedback.. they just don’t communicate with the community at all, even though a simple post now and then would completely take away people’s worries. Unpaid volunteer moderators on social forums do better than this.

I hope this is not true i had really high expectations about this game and the way it seems ArenaNet really care for their community but doing this to the ranger class… I mean it doesn’t take a genius to know ranger needed improvements not nerfs and yet this happens…

in Ranger

Posted by: arcaneclarity.5283

arcaneclarity.5283

The 30-35% damage nerf on our one skill was basically a 30-35% damage nerf across the entire weapon.

in Ranger

Posted by: kiranslee.4829

kiranslee.4829

did they post ANYTHING regarding this ? I decided that if this does not get worked on and fixed to leave this game for good. This is last drop in my cup.

in Ranger

Posted by: Alynda Noqurden.7428

Alynda Noqurden.7428

Short bow still shoots to fast imo…

(now that i have your attention lulz but honestly…..).its range is the same as the long bow…. but its speed is pretty absurd…. personally the speed would be fine if its range was toned down imo, I personally avoid the Short bow just cause of how OP it feels… kinda makes me feel blah about the whole class just cause you can pretty much auto attack things to death with occasional moves being used if it gets a little tooooo boring…

But that being said i see people foaming at the mouth over all sorts of nerfs, for example… Mesmers… they had some (Yes some not all but some) phant summon times increased by, idk 3-6 seconds? and people just start screaming their heads off…

So you dont shoot as fast as you expect to… ask any other class that fights rangers… they will most likely state that we are annoying and possibly OP… everyone has their own views on the matter and if they feel they are wronged then they jump off the deep end.

With that being said, think about how other people that play agianst the ranger class feel when they see the crazy speed of the SB? I am not 100% sure on this but I do not believe I have seen anything shoot anywhere near as fast as our SB does (unless its under swiftness)…. It is a minor change, if it is truely that big of a deal have faith that they will fix it… its not like they are removing your abilities or making extreme changes to the class.

Finally those still foaming… at least the nerf will make some of the band wagon people who jumped to ranger cause they felt it was OP, go somewhere else making you more unique for being a ranger.

in Ranger

Posted by: jonG.8369

jonG.8369

Alyndra -

Here’s the thing, this WASN’T supposed to be a damage-nerf. According to the patch notes, "Crossfire: Increased casting time by 40 milliseconds. This was done to fix some glitches in the animation that caused problems with this skill. "

You will see that this was a fix to some “mysterious animation glitch” that not one fellow Ranger I know, has ever encountered.

If it was not ANET’s intention to nerf our damage by 30% with this animation/glitch-fix they need to seriously get this resolved, and fast.

I find it amusing that we have a sticky thread FULL of bugs and not once has this supposed glitch ever been mentioned by the community….

in Ranger

Posted by: NinjaKnight.1340

NinjaKnight.1340

@Alynda

Don’t post if you have no clue what you are talking about. Sure the SB shoots fast, but the damage per shot is very low. That is why the nerf is so bad.

It is like saying OMG that peashooter is so OP because it shoots so fast while that Bazooka is UP because it is so slow.

in Ranger

Posted by: Janhyua.8130

Janhyua.8130

The cookie is a lie

At least Axe is more useful then SB now…..

I know lets be Xager instead of ranger….

Or even better… make our pets dies and need to resummon again and cool down is 300 sec yea good idea i bet some of them in that Anet company is thinking about it…

Good luck to all the ranger out there!!!

in Ranger

Posted by: DesertRose.2031

DesertRose.2031

Apparently not 40ms but 80ms were added and this 80ms are not reduced by Quickness.

in Ranger

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

Black powder rifles in RL take ages to reload.

[…]

So why does a bow shoot faster than a rifle?
Because a bow is faster to reload.

Since you’re applying logic and realism and all, where do your arrows come from?

Since you want to be illogical, where do your bullets come from?

And my arrows come from my invisible quiver on my back, if you ever noticed a ranger shooting their bow they reach behind their heads for their arrows.

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

So still no reversal on this horrendous patch?

Pathetic Anet, can’t wait to watch this game crash and burn due to your utter disregard for the fanbase.

in Ranger

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

Pathetic Anet, can’t wait to watch this game crash and burn due to your utter disregard for the fanbase.

Hey, i understand the pain but come on. This game still kicks kitten in so many ways its not funny, especially pvp wise. I just have to polish up on my thief skillz again, its always a bit embarrasing the first couple of days but you know what they say, “a change is as good as a holiday”.

Awesome that I can just take up another class from max level, with no grinding necessary except to build skill, when the devs decide to nerf one class into oblivion.

in Ranger

arcaneclarity.5283

Awesome that I can just take up another class from max level, with no grinding necessary except to build skill, when the devs decide to nerf one class into oblivion.

Good for you, I have to level one up and gear it out to have a new viable character.

in Ranger

Levetty.1279

Hey, i understand the pain but come on. This game still kicks kitten in so many ways its not funny, especially pvp wise. I just have to polish up on my thief skillz again, its always a bit embarrasing the first couple of days but you know what they say, “a change is as good as a holiday”.

I don’t care about PvP scrubbing. If I wanted to play PvP I would play a PvP game that requires skill and not just whining in forums until all the other classes are nerfed.

I’m also going to put this back up that got buried somewhere because people really need to read it and think about how this patch was actually made.

First (and quickly because it is off topic) this patch nerfed Mesmers dungeon ability (and made their general PvE worse) when they were already the second worst dungeon class in some vain attempt to nerf Mesmer phantasm builds in PvP. It not only failed to nerf those builds in PvP but those builds weren’t even the strongest mesmer PvP builds so God knows whats going to happen next monday. They will probably just delete Mesmers ability to go into PvE and save us all some time.

Second and a much bigger screw up is this Ranger SB change.
3 Things happened here, the first is that they made it quite obvious they don’t test patches out before putting them up because not only is the increase much more then 40ms but QZ and SB is completely bugged, these were the first things Ranger tested when it went live but apparently testing is too much trouble for Anet.
The second is that Anet outright lied in their patch notes. There was no graphical glitch, I have never seen anybody here or over on guru mention it and I certainly have not seen it myself but apparently this made up glitch was so important they needed to nerf Ranger.
Which leads into the third thing that happened, to fix a graphical glitch they nerfed the only good (note not great) weapon of the overall weakest class in the game. Nerfs were the furthest thing from what Ranger needed and yet thats what they got. They shouldn’t be changing the function of any skill to fix a graphical problem but if they were going the lazy way about it then they should have upped the power/bleed damage to compensate the lower attack speed.
Seriously what part of this screams out effort to you? What part even screams out that they even had a thought while doing it.
Is this really the type of decisions you want from people running a MMO?

in Ranger

Posted by: Vince.7291

Vince.7291

Why does it take this long for an official answer, besides “we’re looking into it”?

I mean it’s quite obvious that this was a huge mistake from their part….

in Ranger

Posted by: MikeE.8267

MikeE.8267

With all this math going on I’d like to know if 0.99999999 = 1

I too never noticed any animation bug but whatever they have done it has it has altered the timing for other skills too. I hope they will sort it out but I won’t get my hopes up for this ninja nerf… I’ll go back to my 80 Engineer or Guardian for a while.

in Ranger

Posted by: Alur.7510

Alur.7510

And still no answer on this, I really don’t wanna wait till “NEXT BUILD” to fix an auto attack of one of our most important Weapons, which in this case is even more important.

Really please, not even a DEV update.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

its kinda strange..I had every bugg that is on the bug thread but never had any animation glitch.and from what i read noone else had.This is making bad things to the community.I was in work when i started reading the new patch notes and the responces from rangers fellows.I was terrified.You love your profession,you dont want the company to be bad about em.Sometimes is easy to blame the others when a thief is winning me in some pvp encounter.We blame the game and the balance.So lets take a break and think all things over.The fact though is that when i logged in after work something seemed different with my ranger and it wasnt the nerf.It was the feeling that someone is fighting you,that your efforts arent worth so much.I dont think that the Anet has something personal with Rangers,i really want to believe that they are working to fix the bugs.Guys take a look in other professions threads.Its kinda the same.“im quiting cause i cant kill everyone instantly with one skill”,“you nerf i quit”.What the comunity needs right now is a dev to state that noone is hating rangers.we are working to make em better,plz wait a little bit

in Ranger

Posted by: kiranslee.4829

kiranslee.4829

I dont think there is any type of “hate” per say. And honestly i play my war and guardian more then ranger. But i feel that rangers are underpowered. In WVW most easy targets (overall) are rangers and elementalist. Hardest targets are guardians and war. Thiefs are out of scope mainly coz there is huge diff between good thief and bad one.
So as fact fun fights that i win or lose are with guardian and war , and when i attack rangers and elementalists its ALWAYS coz i know it is easy fight. So honestly i give my respect to players trying hard to be good on ranger and elementalist coz they really have hard job to do so.
Im really hoping that balance will go fw for all classes coz i wish to play with everyone and that everyone are happy with the class they chose. kitten its mmo and its fun only coz of its ppl, if ppl are sad and upset its no more fun for me to.

in Ranger

Vince.7291

OHHHH GOD I CANT PROFIT OF AUTO ATTACKING ALONE ANYMOREEEE. Quit crying, all shortbow users did was auto attack and shortbow became the best dps wep rangers had. Jokes on you, its not meant to be a dps weapon.

All i hear you say is “blabla bla i’m happy because you got nerfed bla bla, now you won’t be able to kill me anymore in wvwvw blabla bla, i play any other profession that ranger bla bla…”

Edit: Lol he deleted his comment

in Ranger

Levetty.1279

OHHHH GOD I CANT PROFIT OF AUTO ATTACKING ALONE ANYMOREEEE. Quit crying, all shortbow users did was auto attack and shortbow became the best dps wep rangers had. Jokes on you, its not meant to be a dps weapon.

Then which one is? Because none of them are dps weapons and the pets aren’t taking up the slack in dungeons, pvp or WvWvW.

in Ranger

Posted by: Speno.1874

Speno.1874

While although I can still kill people in WvWvW with my shortbow. It is still pretty disappointing, Bleed stacks are deff a couple off. This makes my entire build, Armor/Rune set pretty useless. I will still play my ranger and give Anet the time they need to hopefully fix this. Still by far the best 1 month/ support of any MMO release in the past 10 years.

“Red sun rises. Blood has been spilled this night.”
Leader of Steadfast
Current Boris Pass , Formerly pre launch HOD

in Ranger

Posted by: green plum.7514

green plum.7514

I never said anything about an anti Ranger conspiracy.

Please read a post before you respond to it instead of just trolling and adding nothing to the conversation.

Apparently you don’t read what you post yourself. Quote:

“The second is that Anet outright lied in their patch notes. There was no graphical glitch, I have never seen anybody here or over on guru mention it and I certainly have not seen it myself but apparently this made up glitch was so important they needed to nerf Ranger.”

Which is followed by further claims how much ANet hates Rangers.

The interesting thing is, ANet does not buff or nerf classes based on whine on the forums, actually they change classes despite the whine. They are not afraid to make unpopular but correct decisions (such as the recent Guardian changes), and this is why I personally trust them.

Don’t get me wrong: I too believe that the SB changes are bugged or unfinished. And ANet should respond to this. But why won’t give them the chance to actually do it before you start accusing them of all possible sins. If they don’t respond within a reasonable time frame, then I too will make a big fuss about it. But since the patch, hardly 24 hours have passed. You are clearly delusional if you think that ANet will throw all their available resources on this issue – it will be tested and discussed in a meeting in due time until the responsible persons reach a verdict about the issue and then an official response will be formulated and posted. I have no idea what you do for living, but its clear that you have no experience with management of big projects. You just can’t force response on issues like that, or you will inevitably end up with chaos.

in Ranger

Posted by: Drakken.3427

Drakken.3427

Shame on you Jon peters, almost 27k views of angry/useless rangers are awaiting a reply from you about your post from 2 days ago. At least have some decency to let us know you checked it and if you are reworking it or leaving it the broken way it is.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dante Dragonhand.2538

Dante Dragonhand.2538

Uh longbow/GS were supposed to be our damage weapons. I said shortbow wasnt meant as a damage weapon, the way they made it turned it into the only viable option. If things go most peoples way they will buff longbow and GS, then viola, more viable builds.

(edited by Moderator)

in Ranger

Posted by: Dante Dragonhand.2538

Dante Dragonhand.2538

Ranger never beats me, I never complained about rangers because quite frankittenhe class sucks, I called for buffs. Shortbow rangers didnt beat me either, Im just stating that you are crying because you cant just spam auto attack anymore and profit so easily. I play a ranger, I want other weapons to be viable, I dont want to be pidgeon holed into shortbow, until longbow gets buffed Im gonna be on thief.

(edited by Moderator)

in Ranger

Vince.7291

Ranger never beats me, I never complained about rangers because quite frankittenhe class sucks, I called for buffs. Shortbow rangers didnt beat me either, Im just stating that you are crying because you cant just spam auto attack anymore and profit so easily. I play a ranger, I want other weapons to be viable, I dont want to be pidgeon holed into shortbow, until longbow gets buffed Im gonna be on thief.

Now we’re talking!

You think that i would be so angry, if i had any other viable weapon? I would have chosen something else immediately, but atm all the weapons for rangers suck big time!

(edited by Moderator)

in Ranger

arcaneclarity.5283

The answer of the ranger having a bunch of crappy weapons isn’t to nerf the last good ranger weapon to make it crappy as well.

in Ranger

Levetty.1279

Please read a post before you respond to it instead of just trolling and adding nothing to the conversation.

“The second is that Anet outright lied in their patch notes. There was no graphical glitch, I have never seen anybody here or over on guru mention it and I certainly have not seen it myself but apparently this made up glitch was so important they needed to nerf Ranger.”

The interesting thing is, ANet does not buff or nerf classes based on whine on the forums, actually they change classes despite the whine. They are not afraid to make unpopular but correct decisions (such as the recent Guardian changes), and this is why I personally trust them.

Don’t get me wrong: I too believe that the SB changes are bugged or unfinished. And ANet should respond to this. But why won’t give them the chance to actually do it before you start accusing them of all possible sins. If they don’t respond within a reasonable time frame, then I too will make a big fuss about it. But since the patch, hardly 24 hours have passed. You are clearly delusional if you think that ANet will throw all their available resources on this issue – it will be tested and discussed in a meeting in due time until the responsible persons reach a verdict about the issue and then an official response will be formulated and posted. I have no idea what you do for living, but its clear that you have no experience with management of big projects. You just can’t force response on issues like that, or you will inevitably end up with chaos.

They did outright lie. Not a single person over every forum I have checked or in my time playing as the ranger has this graphical glitch been seen.

Not even the Anet apologists have tried claiming they have seen this glitch.

in Ranger

Speno.1874

They did outright lie. Not a single person over every forum I have checked or in my time playing as the ranger has this graphical glitch been seen.

Not even the Anet apologists have tried claiming they have seen this glitch.

I was not having a graphical glitch until after this patch, when I pop QZ it starts like the pre-patch version (fires quick like 3 arrows), then has a graphical glitch and starts shooting extremely slow. This was happening in WvWvW which is bug world, so I don’t know if it was just me.

Leader of Steadfast

in Ranger

Posted by: Strongfort.2451

Strongfort.2451

Comon Arenanet! You don’t “fix” an animation bug by nerfing a class! Fix the animation!!! This has gone on long enough, it’s time to revert it back the way it was until you get the animation fix!

in Ranger

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

confirmed that my SB feels extremely impotent. cant really stack bleeds properly, feels weird and ineffective.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

in Ranger

Posted by: neverborne.4736

neverborne.4736

I have to agree with everyone here. I’ve been a pretty huge fanboi up until this point, and I’m willing to give it a couple more days. But this is really making me not want to log in.

There never was graphical glitch until AFTER the patch. The damage reduction with QZ is severe enough to make the weapon feel worthless to me. And although I really wish I could just switch to great sword or longbow, those two weapons have been so badly neglected in damage output that I just can’t do it. Axe/horn is viable I guess, but I have no desire to use those weapons.

I’ve 1v1’d many classes and I can tell you Ranger’s shortbow was not OP in any way. The other weapons needed a boost so that we could have options, but to go this direction instead, is insane.

We need a Dev response ASAP. Was this intended or will it be reversed? And if so, how long is it gonna take?

in Ranger

Posted by: fishergrip.4082

fishergrip.4082

I timed shooting the short-bow a bunch before the patch and compared with some tests after the patch. Before each shot came out in approximately 0.45 seconds. Now its around 0.52. It definitely feels slower and the dps drop is significant. When you use QZ your fire rate barely increases now. Its basically lets you fire at a rate slightly faster than what was the normal attack speed before. Auto attack used to do about 8-9 arrows in 4 seconds. Now with QZ on we are getting about 12.

Maid Of The Coast

in Ranger

Posted by: Zsymon.8457

Zsymon.8457

Please just completely reverse whatever was done to the Ranger profession, there was no animation glitch. Even if there was some tiny glitch that no one ever noticed, then it will stil be better to completely reverse the change.

Even if you manage to fix what went wrong and get it to 40ms, that is still a +7% drop in dps.. a +7% dps drop just to fix an animation glitch not a single player noticed, is not acceptable.

(edited by Zsymon.8457)

in Ranger

Posted by: ankohra.6384

ankohra.6384

This is starting to get pretty annoying. Can you guys at Anet atleast post something? If a change is coming i can continue my ranger and if not i can quit the game today instead of delaying it by several days or weeks. A hint about what you guys are doing is the least you can do.

in Ranger

Posted by: LobosRamirez.6512

LobosRamirez.6512

guys calm I think ArenaNet is not so stupid to see fans complain so much about a errorre comesso with a skill …… sooner or copy will remedy the damage created … I just want to say that now making short arc slower does a lot less damage and you can not remove the strength of a weapon and ax as if to remove the bleeding does not make sense

in Ranger

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

The answer of the ranger having a bunch of crappy weapons isn’t to nerf the last good ranger weapon to make it crappy as well.

While I agree with the sentiment, the nerf to shortbow does still leave us with one OP weapon- the warhorn.

Warhorn + sword and axe+torch could be the new FOTM ranger builds in spvp, if anyone will still play them.

in Ranger

Posted by: deepwinter.9015

deepwinter.9015

FOTM implies that the majority of the profession is good and that everyone is racing to make one. That is not the case for Rangers now with the long list of bugs and crippling mechanics.

As much fun as sword+anything is, the auto-attack rooting bug alone is enough to deter from FOTM status.

How many more posts do we need to make before ArenaNet fixes these and many other issues?

Azhandris – Sylvari Thief
Tarnished Coast

in Ranger

Posted by: Skolvikings.5132

Skolvikings.5132

We need someone from ANet to give us an update. The sooner the better. Are you still looking into it? Tell us that. Is it bugged or did the change introduce unintended consequences? Tell us that. Is this as intended, case closed? Tell us that. Is there a bug but you’re still investigating where because its only 9:50 AM local time and the devs haven’t gotten to it yet? Tell us that. Think we’re just a bunch of babies making this change out to be worse than you feel it really is? Tell us that (in a nice way).

Just whatever the status or the verdict is, good or bad, whether we’ll like it or not… Just give us an honest update. Please…

in Ranger

Posted by: Psisah.9140

Psisah.9140

They probably have all their resources on the invisible WvW issue. It involves a lot more players then just Rangers.

That being said, I do not understand why they couldn’t take three minutes to just reply to the topic.

in Ranger

Posted by: ChillyChinaman.6057

ChillyChinaman.6057

Honestly I don’t respect a change until at least a month later. I play BF3 on the side and I’m sure the other players out there remember the infamous MASS HBar glitch that took forever to get fixed.

Oh well, we ranger players have 3 options:
Wait it out.
Roll another character
Stop playing the game

Personally, this gives me a reason to test out the other professions more extensively.

in Ranger

Psisah.9140

I really only like Ranger. So, I’ve been playing Smite. I’m just going to wait to see if I need to burn all my gold to re-gear or not. Don’t want to jump the gun, purchase all new gear, and it gets fixed next patch.

in Ranger

Posted by: Skolvikings.5132

Skolvikings.5132

At this point, I don’t care as much how long it will take to fix, because we haven’t even been told yet that it needs fixing! Right now, I just want an official update. I cut them a lot of slack yesterday, but if there’s no update by this evening… well I’ll just say that would be rude and inconsiderate on their part.

They should love the fact that we care enough about our GW2 rangers to be here talking about this. Reward us with an update. Even if the update is “we’re still checking and probably won’t have any answers until later in the week,” then at least we know they haven’t completely forgotten about us.

in Ranger

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

gonna lose myself in xcom for a while until this mess is sorted. been playing so much, i think right now is a good time to take a breather =)

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

in Ranger

Psisah.9140

I’ve been debating getting Dishonored.

in Ranger

Speno.1874

229 hours played on my ranger, not alot but hours I wont get back if it isnt fixed. I wont reroll as it is not super game breaking, you can still efficiently kill in wvw as long as you play smart. But still would like to see an update or fix, just watching youtube side by side of pre and post patch shows it very clearly.

Leader of Steadfast

in Ranger

Posted by: krojack.4920

krojack.4920

No idea. We were told last night they would look at it, and then its been crickets.

I’m guessing the employee that said they would look into it got a scolding about getting our hopes up….

That Employee happens to be JonPeters aka Game Designer

Doesn’t mean anything. I’m sure there is a Lead Game Designer that’s above him in the corporate chain. I’m head network engineer/programmer at my company and I still have people above me that have overruled my calls in the past.

80 Sylvari Ranger – Jade Quarry
» My current Guild Wars 2 game annoyances

in Ranger

Posted by: mouse.1689

mouse.1689

Pretty sure Jon Peters and Jonathan Sharp are the heads of the Systems/PvP team for GW2. If Jon Peters said he’s going to look into it, he’ll look into it. If they determine a mistake was made, they’ll fix it. It’s that simple.

It’s a crappy bug, but it doesn’t make the class unplayable. Deal with it for a little while or take a break from the class. Just relax and let them do their jobs.

in Ranger

Posted by: faytte.1057

faytte.1057

Nothing indicates he did not look into it, make a determination and then simply chose to not post about it.

This is a new game, and they do not yet a reputation with their player base. if Ghostcrawler (whom I dislike by the by) posted he would get back to players about something, I would expect he would because he has a tradition of doing so. Jon Peters does not.

in Ranger

Posted by: Circaetus.7801

Circaetus.7801

So way back in the posts, Jon said he’d have a look at the live servers.

Whether he did or not he’s said nothing. Bad communication. I don’t care if he’s re-wiring the servers with laser beams from his eyes and his boss is out of work with explosive diarrhea… pretty rude to forget about the forums readers this long.

I’ll give you an example of what he could have done…

“Hey guys, not able verify this yet but we’re working on it.”