Ranger SB Nerf: Not 40 milliseconds

in Ranger

Posted by: NinjaKnight.1340

NinjaKnight.1340

…….since the useless LB only does any decent dmg at long range.

How can it be useless, if it does decent damage at long range ;>

Do you even play a Ranger? The LB damage decreases the closer the mob gets and the firing rate is slow as hell. So you have to use the SB for short range firing damage.

In PvP the long range shot can be dodged by any good player.

If I wanted to use a slow ranged weapon, I would choose a different class, ie: Warrior?
(Funny how JonPeters main happens to be a Warrior.)

in Ranger

Posted by: Dracones.9105

Dracones.9105

I think the issues sort of boil down to:

1> If you nerf, just co-ordinate the communication better with the teams so in the patch notes the nerf comes out as a nerf.
2> Rangers really need work done on the other weapons. This would be less of an issue if every ranger wasn’t using the kitten short bow.

in Ranger

Posted by: rickets.1386

rickets.1386

I think the issues sort of boil down to:

1> If you nerf, just co-ordinate the communication better with the teams so in the patch notes the nerf comes out as a nerf.
2> Rangers really need work done on the other weapons. This would be less of an issue if every ranger wasn’t using the kitten short bow.

Agreed.

@ Jon Peters.
Thanks for the reply, even though it was not what the ranger community(myself included) wanted to hear, its always better to hear something rather then nothing. I look forward to more tweaks regarding class balance in the future.

rickets 80 elementalist
crickits 80 ranger
crickets 80 warrior – current main

in Ranger

Posted by: NinjaKnight.1340

NinjaKnight.1340

I mean seriously the only use i see for my ranger now is to go around and farm ori nodes, not much to do. What weapon do we use now? what choice do we have? The game is already dying for me, sad thing is they wont solve anything and everything will stay as it is or worse more nerfs coming to rangers and no fixes, like every other company out there, same story.

Agreed. All I tend to see is Nerf, nerf, nerf. Everytime players find a good way to use something the Nerf bat hits.

This is supposed to be fun not something we bought to be punished for.

What is even worse is that this nerf wasn’t intended, but JonPeters decided that he must force players to change the way they play because he can’t figure out an easy way to fix the messup due to an animation fix which most players didn’t even notice.

How about simply roll back the animation fix now and do it properly without nerfing the SB.

in Ranger

Posted by: Lanceor.2763

Lanceor.2763

Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t 1(Default settings) The AUTO ATTACK/NORMAL ATTACK of this game? AUTO ATTACK/NORMAL ATTACK is always spammable in every MMO out there. This reduction of 40ms is uncalled for, I’ve lost interest in GW2 I’ve invested so much time on my ranger.

Have you tried Ranger vs Warrior with GS? we’d last about 5s with the warrior’s 2nd skill.

The reason I chose the Ranger is that HIS ability to do NORMAL attacks

Warriors do burst damage thats what makes them warriors
Thief does incredible damage on 1on1 thats what makes them thief
Elementalist do massive damage per hit thats what makes them elementalist
Mesmers/Necros are down right annoying thats what makes them Mesmers/Necros
Guardians are TOUGH and they do considerable amount of damage thats what makes them guardians

What about ranger? I would love to say
“Rangers do normal attack and maneuverability, thats what makes them rangers”

now I can’t, the attack speed sucks so bad.

What makes a ranger, A Ranger?

The day the patch came I just completed my entire Exotic armor/weapon,

I was really looking forward for WvW especially fighting in the top 3 server tier.

Disappointing indeed.

Jade Quarry

in Ranger

Posted by: Vorkk.4927

Vorkk.4927

If you want me to have ’’fun’’, fix the other weapons so I can have a use for them. Axe and warhorn and Shortbow are the only 2 viable options really and even then it’s either not great or you nerf it.

in Ranger

Vorkk.4927

Also, thanks for making me spend time working on the shortbow legendary when I am most likely better off with Axe/warhorn now. Time to restart. Yay!

in Ranger

Posted by: Corew.8932

Corew.8932

I’m getting sick and tired of the whole nerf and buff cycle I’m going through in every mmo I play, I won’t hold my breath waiting to get some balancing of the other weapons done. What makes me annoyed with this particular nerf though is that they tried to pass it off as a animation “fix” while taking care not to mention the damage nerf ;(

in Ranger

Posted by: Aethersong.5189

Aethersong.5189

The shortbow definitely could use improvements if this nerf is staying. The decrease to the number of attacks means it is impossible to keep up as many bleeding stacks. This really hurts Ranger’s condition damage capability. Nerfing this ability and stating that it was because Rangers were using their auto-attack too much does not make much sense to me. Isn’t that what one is supposed to do?

Although, I do agree that the shortbow (along with the greatsword, sword, and longbow) definitely should be looked at for improving. The way it was before, the shortbow was the only ranged weapon of the Ranger I ended up using because it was the only one that seemed to deal decent damage. It is a little disheartening that the Ranger, my favorite class from the first Guild Wars, seems quite underwhelming in this game.

For the shortbow, the auto-attack was the only skill that dealt decent damage. The other skills were about positioning and disruption. I did, and I am sure nearly all other Rangers as well, made use of the other shortbow skills, but these were simply for those stated purposes. As for the poison volley, it’s damage is lacking and only useful if it hits a target with all shots (means one must be point blank). The quick shot is good for retreating. Crippling shot can be nice although the condition durations are a little short. Useful when combined with quick shot. The concussion shot is good.

In conclusion, if you look at the short bow kit, it seems like crossfire was the only skill added with damage in mind. If you decide to nerf the only damage skill on this weapon, please buff it in other areas to compensate.

[Also, on a side note, can Rangers other weapons be looked at. Great sword damage is subpar. Sword has issues with its auto attack. And the long bow damage is horrible once anything moves out of max range. I am just sad to see the ranger neglected like this Compare most ranger weapons to nearly any other class and they seem simply out classed.]

(edited by Aethersong.5189)

in Ranger

Posted by: Deep Star.6541

Deep Star.6541

Lol i’m usually quite understanding of the devs… after all i sticked with warhammer till GW2 release.. so you get the point.

But this was… a very.. bad answer Jon…
You just simple proved to us all that Anet lied on the patch notes and nerfed rangers ?
Oh, i’m sorry! It was only a 7% dps nerf anyway. Seeing that SB is basically our main viable weapon? Seeing that you did not address the QZ issue that nerfs the dps by ~25%?

I honestly start questioning how game companies hire people… And this is generally speaking among most companies. Its unreal to the least.

Riviére, Select Start, Cmnd Ctrl, Uninteresting Event @ Three Steps Ahead [Oz]

in Ranger

Posted by: rickets.1386

rickets.1386

GOOD NEWS!
I played an ele in beta and at release to 80 got full exotics, realized the nerf in Beta 3 was staying so i rolled ranger and found them to be more fun, got him to 80 with full exotics and they got nerfed, which made them less fun with the way i like to play them.

So whats the good news you say? I’m rerolling a warrior so in about 2 weeks when hes full exotics they will get nerfed too….good times, I’ll start a thief after that so they get brought in line as well…you’re WELCOME!

rickets 80 elementalist
crickits 80 ranger
crickets 80 warrior – current main

in Ranger

Posted by: Bohun Martell.8963

Bohun Martell.8963

Do you even play a Ranger? The LB damage decreases the closer the mob gets and the firing rate is slow as hell. So you have to use the SB for short range firing damage.
[/quote]
LB for long range, SB for short, what’s wrong with that? I have swich weapon option for a reason..

In PvP the long range shot can be dodged by any good player.

Warrior long range attacks cannot be dodged??

If I wanted to use a slow ranged weapon, I would choose a different class, ie: Warrior?

This is one of most funny posts in this thread ;D
So, a ranger HAVE TO be fast firing ranged character? This is Your defining quality of this class?
Personally, I love my ranger LB becouse of slow rof.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t like this nerf. I’m not advocating it and I would prefer Anet to buff other weapons instead. But Your could choose Your arguments better. ;>

in Ranger

Posted by: Jgr.8765

Jgr.8765

Almost 54k views, and this thread goes up to eleven. They really messed up! Another disappointed ranger here.

in Ranger

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

GOOD NEWS!

So whats the good news you say? I’m rerolling a warrior so in about 2 weeks when hes full exotics they will get nerfed too….

They won’t, Jon plays a warrior and i’m pretty sure he doesn’t use 1 on his warrior so warriors don’t need the 7-15 % nerf to the damage output.

All is vain.

in Ranger

Posted by: Himei.5379

Himei.5379

I will admit when i noticed the SB nerf I was mad it’s downright unfair and unnecessary, I cried a river, but I built a bridge and got over it.

what’s done is done

That’s not the point for most. I could care less for the “nerf” because IT happens in all games. I’ve rebuild my build a bit to try and offset it. The problem is the way it was handled as a whole.

1. “Crossfire: Increased casting time by 40 milliseconds. This was done to fix some glitches in the animation that caused problems with this skill.”

See anywhere in that sentence that states or mentions “Nerf”? I bet you didnt. This is my issue. For a company that prides itself on listening and communicating with the community, they pretty much lied.

2. The time it took to respond is unprofessional, since almost a full 4 days of testing when it took players less than 1 hour to figure out the math.

3. The response. This sounds like an APPLE approach of “You’re holding it wrong”. SO apparently I’m playing the game wrong. They should not tell me how I should play or enjoy the game. I’m playing how what’s best for my class and using the skills they made for the shortbow. They acknowledge the nerf of 7% damage and the buggy nature of QZ associated with the animation fix yet won’t look into changing that bug. WTF!? IF you wont change that quickening bug, then change the Skill’s description (tool tip) to be what it actually is because it’s downright lying about the skill.

Someone at Anet needs to acknowledge their lying and have dedicated players playing all classes to better balance the classes than read all the whining (both for nerf and buffing) then simply doing so because that’s how I see it.

in Ranger

Vorkk.4927

I also want to mention this: I have never played a ranger in any other game. I tried many professions here and leveled them to 10-15. The ranger, to my extreme surprise, was the class I really liked. Anet had managed to do something that no other MMORPG had done for me before. This is the first game that I play from Anet as well. I was quite pleased and even with the bugs and everything else that was negative, I saw good things for the future.

Then, you LIED to us. Spin it however you want it, we were lied to. You took me from my very positive first impressions to Anet cannot be trusted. You will need to do a lot of good for me to trust you again. Am I quitting? Nope. I like the game. I will however be very wary of you until you prove yourself honest again. I will not be able to recommend your products nor do I feel right spending in the gem store anymore.

If you’re going to nerf a class, you will get backlash. Especially with a nerf so poorly thought out. However, if you lie to your players, they will realize it and be even more angry. I’m sure that you remember your parents telling you ‘’You will still be grounded but I won’t be as mad if you tell me the truth’’ or some similar expression. I waited a few days to see if we would get an apology for this but we didn’t. My good first impression of Anet has now been killed.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

Well, I’m frapping some videos tonight to show how pets are broken. I found wonderful examples in the Norn starting area, both from the pet’s perspective and from the target’s perspective.

Spirits are quite obviously broken, so no need to document that.

I just wish they had dueling – then we could benchmark things to a T. Or that logs had better than 1 second accuracy.

Either way, I got my Mesmer up to 12 last night and it was fun. I’ll do that for a bit.

I do have to agree with the comments others have made – honesty in patch notes is vital. If this were a different demographic, that might fly. But we’re number-crunching, cause/effect finding reductionists. We’re going to find out what the outcome of a change is WAY faster than you can respin it. If you feel the DPS of the short bow was out of line, say so, and we can give you parses of its DPS compared to other weapons/classes, but when you try to pull the wool over our eyes with misdirection, it adds frustration and breeds discontent and distrust.

in Ranger

Posted by: Lobo.1296

Lobo.1296

I don’t want to shamelessly self promote, but, I put a post in the suggestions forum on how to make the SB better. I’d appreciate any constructive feedback. I hope Anet is listening to us and I think one post to offer suggestions will go a long way in helping here.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Short-Bow-changes-making-it-better

in Ranger

Posted by: Strongfort.2451

Strongfort.2451

Well, I’m frapping some videos tonight to show how pets are broken.

Kincaidia.3192, will you also fraps some Longbow action in sPvP showing how moving targets cause [obstructed] constantly? That needs more attention as it makes the LB useless for damage purposes in sPvP.

in Ranger

Posted by: Puffer.4138

Puffer.4138

Mr. JonPeters. From your reply i can tel that you try to justify what happent either intented or by mistake, and you do not give us an answer. What class is not spamming auto atk? Have you ever play an mmo and say this?

I spend 300 hours to make my ranger who is and the day i finished all my exotic sets and weapons and was ready for all day fun you put this huge “small fix”. I do not care if bots where rangers using SB or the pets was too heavy for the game engine to handle.

What i know is that this class has no other great viable weapon. And instead of fixing or tuning a little bit the rest problematic weapons-set ups you destroy the only we had?

I rerrol already and i use my character as ori and wood gatherer until i level up my new main Mesmer. I mention my time spend, my energy spend, my real money to expand slots and take armour skins. Where is the respect for your clients? I have more than 10 years in MMO always on hi-end content mainly pvp. Never see something like this that happent here.

Hope to be fixed soon. Not receive an other ignorate answers trying to excuse the mistake that we all see, instead of correnting thing, destroying the only good choice of a class i love.

And if you think that i am mistaken and unfair. Just log your character (if you got one) and check WvW how many rangers exist anymore. Dying species from all point of view.

Ty

in Ranger

Posted by: Rivebise.2087

Rivebise.2087

The problem we have here is :

1) They fix an animation glitch (wich i’ve never seen) by changing the profession’s stats (attack speed). That’s not the way to go…. i suppose it’s better and faster than making the animation all over for you huh?

2) The change they applied isn’t even correctly applied…. Look at our attack speed under QZ or the mesmer’s buff area which gives the same buff of double speed, it’s far from the attack speed we’re supposed to get. That should be 1 arrow every 270ms (540 divided by two if i’m not wrong with the speed we’re supposed to have IG) with the 40ms you added to the basic attack speed and we’re far from that. We’re near somthing like 1 arrow per 333ms.

So QZ isn’t bugged but we rangers don’t benefit from the double attack speed buff the way we’re supposed to anymore.

Avoid saying things like “we did it so you use your auto-attack less”. Thats’ not true. You messed things up, end of the line.

Now here’s the answer to the problem ==> roll back to the previous situation unless you really think rangers should be nerfed, which is not the case if we ask the players, i’m pretty sure of this.

Anyway even if you want to keep the 40ms nerf, and that would be a bad choice…. at least fix our attack speed under the buff which is supposed to make us attack 2 times faster.

Sorry for my english, i still have progress to do

in Ranger

Posted by: Himei.5379

Himei.5379

Now here’s the answer to the problem ==> roll back to the previous situation unless you really think rangers should be nerfed, which is not the case if we ask the players, i’m pretty sure of this.

Anyway even if you want to keep the 40ms nerf, and that would be a bad choice…. at least fix our attack speed under the buff which is supposed to make us attack 2 times faster.

Sorry but 90% of all players that play a class will not admit to need a nerf.

Nerfs happen BUT tell us it’s a Nerf, not sugarcoat it then lie again about it. Most important, fix the buff so it works right, not see how it goes in the long run.

in Ranger

Posted by: Strongfort.2451

Strongfort.2451

(snip)

Your entire post is quite valid and true (I snipped most of it for length). I agree with your assessment completely.

I think the worst part of this whole ordeal is the fact that they used the facade of it being done to “fix an animation glitch”. It’s just downright rude and disrespectful of their customers.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kysin.6349

Kysin.6349

You can tell by John’s post that they really have not put any effort to investigating this so far, a 7% damage reduction? Okay yeah that is raw damage, condition damage is where the SB really delivers in addition to that 7%. We have been testing, it is a 20-30% damage overall nerf, if you can’t understand your own game mechanics how are we suppose to believe that this game will ever be even close to balanced? I am not going to compare Ranger to other classes because, well it is incredibly obvious that others excel in every way. You don’t need “data” to see that! The only way I will be fine with this CF nerf is if they address our whole class (all weapons/mechanics/AI/triats), because they are all buried in bugs and nerfs.

I loved ranger in BWE1 all the way up until first huge GS nerf, followed by massive LB nerf, then utility nerf (spirits/sharpenstone), Axes nerfed, a whole wasted trait chain (spirits), nerfed traits (evasive purity), 1 handed sword has always been glitchy, pet AI is laughable, original SB crossfire bleed nerf (the only one I understood), and now finally the SB atk speed nerf. The truly sad thing is, I could go on.

Just look at the response from this one thread, not including all the other threads. We are not happy at the state of our picked and favorite class. We realize it can take some time to address problems, but you have to communicate and take input. Responding with a half researched answer like “its a 7% reduction” is honestly just depressing.

Please address these issues, or at least tell us that you are actively looking into the Ranger class, or that the Ranger is not where you want it to be yet and the team is working on it, etc. etc. I have supported Anet for what like 7 years now? And I am in no way threatening to leave the game or anything, but please don’t let us down!

Co-leader of Knights of Eminence[Sir] – PvX
Reap The Weak[Reap] – WvW 5-man havok
-Blackgate

in Ranger

Posted by: Garenthal.1480

Garenthal.1480

I’m very confused. If spamming one ability is considered bad, why are warriors still unscathed, considering many invest a lot of their time relying on the same ability over and over and over again?

in Ranger

Posted by: Sticktallic.7835

Sticktallic.7835

Just revert back all the changes made to the SB is that simple, so the class can be playable again. The ranger wasn’t OP before all that animation glitch anet was talking about, in fact it had a lot of issues, but at least it was playable and fun, revert back the changes so people can enjoy playing again.

in Ranger

Posted by: Deep Star.6541

Deep Star.6541

Anet we desire a proper answer NOW. If it is to hard/takes alot of time to investigate it further then simple revert the changes you did to SB before the 07/Oct patch since literally NO motherkittening ONE saw this glitch you were speaking about.

Saying “yeah its about 7% damage nerf that we did not mention on the patch notes” is just not a proper answer. Anyone here would probably make a better post about the issue.

Riviére, Select Start, Cmnd Ctrl, Uninteresting Event @ Three Steps Ahead [Oz]

in Ranger

Posted by: Corew.8932

Corew.8932

You can tell by John’s post that they really have not put any effort to investigating this so far, a 7% damage reduction? Okay yeah that is raw damage, condition damage is where the SB really delivers in addition to that 7%. We have been testing, it is a 20-30% damage overall nerf, if you can’t understand your own game mechanics how are we suppose to believe that this game will ever be even close to balanced? I am not going to compare Ranger to other classes because, well it is incredibly obvious that others excel in every way. You don’t need “data” to see that! The only way I will be fine with this CF nerf is if they address our whole class (all weapons/mechanics/AI/triats), because they are all buried in bugs and nerfs.

I loved ranger in BWE1 all the way up until first huge GS nerf, followed by massive LB nerf, then utility nerf (spirits/sharpenstone), Axes nerfed, a whole wasted trait chain (spirits), nerfed traits (evasive purity), 1 handed sword has always been glitchy, pet AI is laughable, original SB crossfire bleed nerf (the only one I understood), and now finally the SB atk speed nerf. The truly sad thing is, I could go on.

Just look at the response from this one thread, not including all the other threads. We are not happy at the state of our picked and favorite class. We realize it can take some time to address problems, but you have to communicate and take input. Responding with a half researched answer like “its a 7% reduction” is honestly just depressing.

Please address these issues, or at least tell us that you are actively looking into the Ranger class, or that the Ranger is not where you want it to be yet and the team is working on it, etc. etc. I have supported Anet for what like 7 years now? And I am in no way threatening to leave the game or anything, but please don’t let us down!

Well put, I very much doubt Mr. Peters will deign to comment though..

in Ranger

Posted by: Garenthal.1480

Garenthal.1480

You know, I just went back to watch some of the marketing videos for this game and it’s a little troubling that the developers were kicking up such a huge fuss about players being able to build and play their character based on their preferred style.

I don’t particularly find relying on one or two abilities particularly fun myself, but if people want to play that way, then why shouldn’t they be able to? A competent player will easily counter them by making full use of the tools they have at their disposal, after all.

I guess I’ll shelve my ranger for now and go play a different game until the next patch arrives. I’m not willing to invest in any profession at the moment due to the lack of communication surrounding ‘balancing’ and ‘bug fixes’ that cause far more harm than good.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zsymon.8457

Zsymon.8457

I tried every ranged profession now, but to be honest none of them are as good as ranger with a shortbow was pre-nerf. It was just quite a powerful weapon together with the pet for pve a lot better than I first realized, and quite strong for pvp with quickening as well. In my opinion though, it was not overpowered.. and now it is too weak.

Maybe they will make #2 shortbow more powerful, but that will only benefit condition builds, which I guess is the shortbows original purpose. Problem is that the power build, with the longbow, is so weak that it’s not viable. Now you’re forced to be a condition ranger if you use the shortbow.. which will cause you to lose against anyone who has low enough lag to remain faced to you.

My opinion on a solution:
- Greatly buff shortbow skill #2.
- Remove positioning on shortbow #1.

This would make condition builds viable again.

But now you have no power build, all rangers will have to go for condition then. So it
is necessary to greatly (and I mean greatly) upgrade the longbow. Seriously reduce the range penalty, increase #1 damage to double current damage and bring rapid fire up to warrior rifle volley level, same duration and same damage. (which means more damage with less arrows on RF)

in Ranger

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

Right now this thread got 534 replies.Can someone find a thread in the other Profession forums with more?I mean i search a little and i didnt find one.If its really the most replied thread in the professions forum its kinda big.If this cant ring a bell to the devs i dont know what can.534 rangers-ppl-customers said this was wrong.How can we all be paranoid?Do we all want to ruin the balance in this game?Do we all dont know how to play with the other weapons?Do we all dont like spirits and dont know how to use em?If i was a dev right now i would be so much frustrated.534 customers are at my door and yelling at me…

in Ranger

Posted by: Wyrmrider.1692

Wyrmrider.1692

Dear Jon,

I know you’re flooded by QQ, so I will try to present my concerns as dispassionately as possible.

First, I want to re-state that the Shortbow #1 + Quickness interaction is currently bugged.

You can verify this in two minutes by passing the keyboard to someone with a good sense of rhythm. Quickness is supposed to make the auto-attack twice as fast. It doesn’t. That’s a bug.

Second, the Rangers in this thread are not lazy, narrow-minded players who expect to auto-attack our way to victory. We are simply responding to the game systems you’ve given us.

We care about the auto-attack (#1) because that’s the shortbow’s primary source of damage. #2 is situational, and #3-5 are utility skills. So when the goal is raw damage, the “rotation” tends to be 1,1,1,1,1,1,1 — perhaps with a little finesse in positioning and movement (flanking, lining up Piercing Shots, etc.). That’s not our laziness. That’s your design.

Personally, I hate how simple our bow combat is in general. If I wasn’t a total Ranger at heart (complete with real-life pets, real-life wanderlust, and a real-life longbow target in the backyard) I would have re-rolled another main long ago.

So, I’m with you 100% on de-emphasizing the auto-attack. But this is a horrible way to go about it.

in Ranger

Posted by: arji.7192

arji.7192

Kysin.6349
or at least tell us that you are actively looking into the Ranger class, or that the Ranger is not where you want it to be yet

No. After almost 2 months i am not happy if they tell anything i want to see.
And no i dont care about a weapon that they forced us to get anymore.
That was only the straw that broke the camel’s back.
I want the game and especially my main to work as intented and be able to stand equal with other professions.
Atm none of our weapons working and mean NONE.
Our base mechanic is broken.
Our abilities are broken, even our traits.
And we talking about this ONE weapon(shortbow) with this ONE utility(QZ).

So is that really the thing GW2 advertise ? All professions can play all the roles. There are gonna be multiple viable builds from the traits. Really? You meant the built with the shortbow and QZ? Only to be “somewhere near” the other classes ?
Maybe with just lacking only at dps, maybe we are effective as “control” or “support” always compared with the other professions. I guess we can survive as long as a guardian or we can offer the same panic that a warrior offers with his knockbacks and knockdows or the same aoe tha ele offers. Oh sorry forgot, we have no hard CC, sorry forgot we have no reliable source of buffs or support or skills, also we have to reach the end of our trait skills to use them with a chance (no chance just saying) or even AoE we are just happy that we have this track of AoE with axes or the 5th longbow ability.

I am really so mad atm and this just becouse i supported this game before its release, i had faith and was patient for so long time.
So many things are broken and not only the ranger, this is not qqing. You qq only for something that is not broken.
The situation becomes a lot more harder when lies and ignoring comes into play.
I really understand that are employees behind this and they have a hard job to write code but this company made millions from their game, they rewarded. Did we for our time and money?
I am sorry but when i buy tv control i expect to work. Not pay for it and tell me that only 1 button works, then nerf this1 button to work “sometimes” and after 2 months of silence repair the second from the 15 buttons.
Sign – Dissapointed.

in Ranger

Posted by: Majik.8521

Majik.8521

I think everyone is looking at this wrong. this wasn’t a nerf to dps. this was a buff to survivability. now when someone use a reflect we will only hit ourselves with one arrow.:)

Wisdom is the reward for surviving our own stupidity.

in Ranger

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

i didnt know JP mained a warrior lol. this explains a lot. it’s like Ghostcrawler all over again =(

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

(edited by nerva.7940)

in Ranger

Posted by: Pixaul.2134

Pixaul.2134

This whole class needs a re-think, It Excels at nothing now and doesn’t live up to what was promised “Unparalleled archers, rangers are capable of bringing down foes from a distance with their bows.” I also never wanted some buggy pet that you could barely influence and essentially is used as a bad excuse for nerfs (when a pvp player is actually bothered by a pet that’s when they are more than just a fly on the wall that can’t hit because it never keeps up). I’m re-rolling Guardian and Thief to see which one I like more. (most pvp players are thief at the moment, I wonder why…)

The sceptical side of me thinks this is just to combat bots since they choose the class because it is easy to sit 20 of them in one spot and just press all the skills when the cool down expires. (Not because it is OP…)

in Ranger

Posted by: DieMelkMan.2685

DieMelkMan.2685

It’s really like I’m playing a Guild wars 1 Ranger. Getting shafted all day everyday.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ashlotte.3719

Ashlotte.3719

“Spamming” Our auto attack? Which happens to be the only kitten skill on the SB that does damage? Forgive me for saying so but what the hell are you people smoking at Anet!

So what do you purpose I use more? The cripple? The low Damage Poison? The Jump Back? The stun?

Seriously if you want to see more variety then you yourselves need to fix the weapon not kitten on the players for your own bad design. At the very least why couldn’t you just lower the damage instead of the attack speed? One of the most fun things about SB was the crazy fast attack and now we don’t even have that…

in Ranger

Posted by: DieMelkMan.2685

DieMelkMan.2685

It’s really like I’m play a Guild wars 1 Ranger. Getting shafted all day everyday.

in Ranger

Posted by: bluesmnm.1549

bluesmnm.1549

I was working on getting a legendary shortbow for my ranger… But now I guess I’ll work on getting a legendary GS or rifle for my warrior instead. Thanks Anet, you’re almost as bad as Blizz when it comes to fixing bugs.

in Ranger

Posted by: Rabman.8647

Rabman.8647

The whole…

“It was also encouraging just spamming 1 which isn’t the most fun gameplay.”

Is complete nonsense. The fundamental use of this weapon is just that, auto-attack or crossfire; It’s the modus operandi for the shortbow Ranger. You don’t snare a mob that doesn’t need to be snared, or daze a mob that doesn’t need dazed, or evade backward to simply evade backward.

Main-Handed Axe is hardly different. It’s spam #1, until your off-hand is up. Use of snares as needed/optional, otherwise it’s spam #1. No changes on that front though.

Killing mobs slower is less fun gameplay, than endlessly plinking down mobs slowly.

The statement comes off like a copout, to piggy back the “unintended” DPS reduction by correcting an ambiguous animation glitch.

in Ranger

Posted by: Vashtion.6307

Vashtion.6307

Most of the time I usually give Anet the benefit of the doubt. Even with some of their more “odd” choices. But wow. This is extremely upsetting. I main Guardian and really hate the lack of range especially in WvW. I hate having so much less HP than even light and medium armor professions. I was thinking about making an alt since i’m a little tired of Guardian tbh and then the GS nerf came and it solidified my decision.

Okay not a big deal, I want to make an Elementalist. Come to find out that pretty much the only viable build is to go super tanky support and do pretty much zero damage. I don’t like being confined to one build, so I decided to reroll ranger. I figured it would have the range I wanted and would be a fun class to play.

It actually was! I enjoyed playing ranger. Leveling and Spvp were really fun and I found myself doing pretty well with ranger after a while. Of course I pretty much only had the SB to use since that’s the only real damaging weapon the ranger has. But whatever, it was fine, it was fun, and most importantly it was working.

BAM! Nerf. Really? I can’t understand this. People are crying (and rightfully so) and thieves being op and they get 1 skills damage reduced. Whoopty do, they are still OP. Meanwhile Ele changes are things like “No longer attack opponents behind you”. Messing with the GS on Guardian (Main dps weapon) and now nerfing the SB on rangers (again, only viable form of dps). I can’t understand decisions like these. Thieves are sitting there still steamrolling people (and like 1/3 of the game is always thieves) and warrior is just sitting there untouched, yet classes that actually need help seem to be suffering even more from these “bug fixes”.

Fix it.

in Ranger

Posted by: Baelnorn.5710

Baelnorn.5710

All I can add is that with such a patch and balancing policy ArenaNet’s dreams of getting GW2 into the e-sport scene will brutally crash and burn. People don’t play e-sport for fun or recreation, they play e-sport because it’s their kitten job and they need to win (or at least, not to lose).

Now I wonder why someone would willingly choose to play a profession that has several non- or malfunctioning skills and traits, an irresponsive and misbehaving pet, and is lacking of proper defensive options (I just checked the utilities of the thief… omgwetdream o_O)? Because they are masochists?

E-sport will mercilessly unveil and punish all bugs and imbalances the various professions and weapons have, and in the end it will boil down to only the

• most powerful/useful professions
  • most powerful/useful skills/traits
  • most powerful/useful weapons
  • most powerful/useful sigils/runes

being used. Everything else will have no place in e-sports. My personal prediction from the current state of classes for the composition of e-sport spvp teams: 1 full-def guardian, 1 mesmer, 3 roflthieves.

(edited by Baelnorn.5710)

in Ranger

Pixaul.2134

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/11afkj/know_thy_enemy_which_profession_is_most_difficult/ pretty much summarizes it. Ranger not mentioned once as a challenge, they’re just too easy for people to kill.

in Ranger

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

yeah i also cant believe this nerf. it makes no sense. most of their other balancing moves werent schizophrenic.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

in Ranger

Vorkk.4927

Who wants to bet they are sitting in their comfy office chairs thinking: ‘’We have a great game. Well balanced, minimal bugs, yup let’s go on vacation now and let the interns take over’’. They are not responding so it’s clear that they all think we’re a bunch of QQ’ers just angry at a nerf and that we will find some magical way to make up for the nerf by playing the other great weapons and skills they put at our disposal. Oh wait?! Those are pretty much all broken or suck too? Well it’s OK then we can’t just press 1 on them so they won’t get nerfed since we’re already not using them.

in Ranger

Posted by: xLiveLucidx.5071

xLiveLucidx.5071

Someone mention this thread on their Twitter, Fb and Reddit… 530+ replies, all upset/concerned customers threatening to change their profession or just quit the game in general has to attract some sort of attention.

in Ranger

Posted by: Activepoison.5829

Activepoison.5829

You know I don’t normally post, as a matter of fact this is my first forum post, but this is nerf is noticeable and makes no sense why no one is addressing the problem. The biggest issue is — you nerf SB without really giving another viable build option, I find it completely unacceptable.

And obviously with almost 54k views others do as well.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tasmania.2643

Tasmania.2643

Well, I already rolled a Warr… glad to know he plays one, maybe won’t have to go threw this kind of crap again, Ranger shelved till fixed ( or class removed from game as it looks like they want gone) oh, and thanks for wasting my time and money into a class you don’t take care of or like. Wished I had known of GW1 Ranger issues, but didn’t play it, cause I would of avoided it ( even though this type of class I enjoy in Lineage 2, and other MMO’s from past) also started a Thief, but, think warr sounds like safe bet!

in Ranger

Pixaul.2134

It’s not just the people replying that are effected, I couldn’t even comment until today since I couldn’t sign into the forums because of a bug. A thread with this many views is more than just the people that have commented.