Ranger SB Nerf: Not 40 milliseconds

in Ranger

Posted by: Vorkk.4927

Vorkk.4927

I say tweet them too, facebook and reddit. This is their twitter: https://twitter.com/GuildWars2

in Ranger

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

I actually don’t feel like playing gw2 any more, SB made rangers at least somewhat decent, maybe could do with a little buff here and there, but a -decent- class. Now the class is awful. :-/

in Ranger

Posted by: Duncan.7294

Duncan.7294

First time being able to log onto the forums due to some authentication bug, but I have been following this thread since the hour of the nerf.

Just thought I’d add a post for show of solidarity; I think the status of the ranger class has been well elucidated by many eloquent posters above.

Please provide valid alternatives if nerfing shortbow. (preferably would have been before nerfing, but I can tolerate waiting). Thank you Anet.

in Ranger

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

Don’t know who plays a warrior on Anet, but it’s pretty clear that’s the favorite child.

I’ve been complaining about the lack of balance between just the rifle warrior to the rangers since beta and the warrior has been untouched. And please don’t bother to bring up changes like nerfing the range of shout which was implemented across all classes for buffs. I’m talking about real balance, like making sure it can’t literally 2 shot someone or just plain out DPSing another range class just by standing there because the skills are better.

If they think this is E-sport material, they’re in for a rude awakening.

in Ranger

Posted by: kiranslee.4829

kiranslee.4829

Since I noticed they don’t care at all to remove bots from game, what makes u think they will hear us here ? It’s kinda clear to me that someone here does not care.

in Ranger

Posted by: Corew.8932

Corew.8932

For now I only use my Ranger to farm for my up and coming new char, I’ve even considered salvaging his gear for ectos to craft gear for my new char.. he doesn’t need exotics to farm. I might hold off on that and see what happens, if things don’t get better that’s what I’ll do though, sad as it is..

in Ranger

Posted by: Kayox.6753

Kayox.6753

First post on the forums. I honestly never sign up for gaming forums, never did for WoW, D3 or any other game I’ve played. I felt the need to come here and give my $0.02.

I do feel that the warrior is guildwars 2’s baby. I feel that ranger seems to be the class left out most of the time. It’s kind of like the middle child. When it does get attention, it’s negative. I for one, will not continue to spend money on a game that doesn’t appeal to my play style. I do not like hearing that I am playing it wrong. I don’t like being told what is “fun”. I have already spent approx $100 at the cash shop, and I would gladly spend more if I continued to enjoy it. However, if things do not change – and not just referring to the ranger – but more in regards to the attitude of the devs, then I will not stick around to support it.

in Ranger

Posted by: LadenSwallow.1468

LadenSwallow.1468

Maybe as a result of all the ra(n)gers quitting, they will need to take a 7% paycut. People who aren’t playing, aren’t paying in the cash shop.

Perhaps if the ‘on critical hit have a chance to inflict bleeding’ trait gave more than 1 stack of 1 second of bleed with a percentage chance, say maybe 3 seconds of 1 stack of bleed guaranteed on the critical, perhaps that would compensate.

(edited by LadenSwallow.1468)

in Ranger

Posted by: Lich.7609

Lich.7609

Time to put my Level 80 Ranger on the shelf and use all the gathered materials to outfit my next character. Kinda sad in a way..this was my first MMO, so by no means did I truly understand the best way to play the character. I did however, try to learn and played as the character strictly as a bowman (SB/LB). I know I wasn’t playing the character to its potential, but I was having fun with it….that is until Anet and Jon Peters decided what was fun and made the decision for me.

in Ranger

Vorkk.4927

I think they already tested it man. They said it was just swell! That’s what JonPeter’s last post on here said anyhow…

in Ranger

Posted by: Deep Star.6541

Deep Star.6541

Then i’m expecting a full post or reply explained why they tried to sneak a nerf on short-bow under the excuse of an “animation bug”. Plus the fact that they have to FIX the effect of Cross Fire under QZ, which is clearly not working.

Riviére, Select Start, Cmnd Ctrl, Uninteresting Event @ Three Steps Ahead [Oz]

in Ranger

Vorkk.4927

They aren’t gonna explain it. They think we’re pretty slow you see and that they could just call it an animation bug and that we wouldn’t notice. They changed the notes since but we all know what they did…

in Ranger

Posted by: gadenp.7586

gadenp.7586

My first ever post on the forum. And it is a complain, shocker… But I cannot stay slient while the class I love to play dies a slow painful death.

I really got to say, ranger as a class is ok… wait for it… till you play any other class (unless that class is ele). Seriously, although we are not seriously broken in any one specific area, we are sub-par in all areas except traps (in dungeons and pve).

We are broken is so many small ways, just finding a build that can try to keep up with others in dungeons or pvp or wvwvw is a full time job in and of itself.

I am really disappointed with the SB nerf, as it was by far the only weapon that does ok damage in any situation. LB just plain does not shine in dynamic situations, especially in narrow places and the sword is a great weapon if you have a death wish.

in Ranger

Posted by: gadenp.7586

gadenp.7586

Also our pets are just plain bad at Orr or pvp, dungeons, etc etc.

So many times, my pet has died because of AOE, ever after I dodged and recalled my pet to me out of AOE. The “special” thing would just stand in the AOE going “errr” to death.

Also WT, melee pets attacks are just plain bad against anything that moves. Also F2 is near misses if the enemy just moves a millimeter.

Not to talk about how the heck our range skills always bug out and give me obstructed, invulnerable, missed when the enemy is in our face mocking us.

And then Anet decide to nerf SB, WT heck, seriously.

in Ranger

Posted by: Nayru.3947

Nayru.3947

Sadly, this nerf doesn’t surprise me. I played GW1 since 2005; so I don’t expect an update.

in Ranger

Posted by: Trojun.4751

Trojun.4751

Took a couple of days to get debugging in on this. It is in fact a 40ms difference which equates to about 7% less damage when spamming 1. We made this change because it was creating some animation bugs to leave it where it was. It was also encouraging just spamming 1 which isn’t the most fun gameplay. If our data shows shortly that shortbow is now not effective we can certainly address that, but would do so by improving other skills on that weapon rather than by reintroducing the spam on 1 and the bugs that it was creating.

I think I agree with the many other posters who’ve said WHAT ANIMATION BUG??? I’d rather have my head on backwards and arrows shooting out my butt when I’m using a shortbow than get nerfed. And why is quickening zephyr only 50 percent as effective with this 40 ms nerf? Obviously for many, many rangers shortbow had become the only “fun” build to play so you set out to “fix” the crossfire spam by nerfing shortbow rather than improving other abilities and builds? And why is Anet running around with the nerfbat at such a critical time as populations have started to thin out anyway?

(edited by Trojun.4751)

in Ranger

Posted by: NinjaKnight.1340

NinjaKnight.1340

Took a couple of days to get debugging in on this. It is in fact a 40ms difference which equates to about 7% less damage when spamming 1. We made this change because it was creating some animation bugs to leave it where it was. It was also encouraging just spamming 1 which isn’t the most fun gameplay. If our data shows shortly that shortbow is now not effective we can certainly address that, but would do so by improving other skills on that weapon rather than by reintroducing the spam on 1 and the bugs that it was creating.

I think I agree with the many other posters who’ve said WHAT ANIMATION BUG??? I’d rather have my head on backwards and arrows shooting out my butt when I’m using a shortbow than get nerfed. And why is quickening zephyr only 50 percent as effective with this 40 ms nerf? Obviously for many, many rangers shortbow had become the only “fun” build to play so you set out to “fix” the crossfire spam by nerfing shortbow rather than improving other abilities and builds? And why is Anet running around with the nerfbat at such a critical time as populations have started to thin out anyway?

Agreed. Also, since when is using the default autoattack skill for the weapon SPAM?

SB only has 3 skills that do damage. 1,2,3 4 and 5 are control skills and all but #1 have fairly noticably long cooldowns.

For those who want to see or quote JonPeters post it is on page 8 in this thread.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ganzo.5892

Ganzo.5892

I’m not sure how the dev’s are thinking but if they really inteded rangers to be like this it is a big dissapointment. They might be thinking if you want higher dps, then change your proff to warrior or thief but not all players have that much time to put into like me for example.

I thought that GW2 allowed all proffesions to play different kinds of styles like warrior being able to play long ranged. I don’t mind that but you have to make it balanced. If thief excells in close combat, guardian for toughness, messmer for tricky moves, etc. what do we rangers have? If you are going to say pets, you should fix the mechanics so that we have some kind of role or area which other proffessions can’t compete with rangers.

If you can’t balance, just let rangers use riffles and pistols as well, buff them up 10% in power or whatever for the loss from the nerf.

Not asking for much but just want compensation from the nerf thats all. My main is a ranger and I’m don’t think I can reroll like some of the other players but its stressing if your main isn’t really working in PvP, WvW, and some dungeons.

Hope you can gives a reply which shows the Dev’s concern on the ranger profession.

in Ranger

Posted by: Anders.6425

Anders.6425

Anet. You messed up big here. Please rethink this. I went from enjoying my moderately capable ranger to not wanting to play the game anymore.

in Ranger

Posted by: Raffoon.2549

Raffoon.2549

I don’t understand how using the autoattack is “spamming.” You use the autoattack for your main source of damage. As others have said, the rest of the SB skills are mostly situational.

How is a 7% nerf to this skill not compensated for in any way? Clearly rangers weren’t overpowered before this, and now they’re 7% weaker.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tibbel.3450

Tibbel.3450

Meanwhile in sPvP. I know, 2300 armor is not that much, but 10k damage in one hit?
I have only 1 question: Dishonored or Torchlight 2? Or maybe both?
<Attachment showing 9724 damage taken from 1 hit of eviscerate>

For fun… math!
Here’s how much power you’d need as a ranger in order to crit someone for 9724 using a bow.

Assuming:
— 2300 target armor
— hardest hitting bow skill is longbow #1 skill at 1000+ range: coefficient = 0.900
— exotic level 80 longbow: 1080 max damage
— 50% added crit damage
— 5% longbow damage trait
— 5% damage sigil on longbow
— 25 stacks of might
— 25 stacks of vulnerability on the target

Damage = {(Power + Might) * Weapon * Coef. / Armor} * CritDmg * Bonuses * Vulnerability
9724 = {(Power + 875) * 1080 * 0.900 / 2300} * 2.0 * 1.10 * 1.25
Power = 7492

This is going off testing and calculations I recorded here.

Might makes me right.

in Ranger

Posted by: NemesiS.6749

NemesiS.6749

Well my mesmer is lvl 80 now and to my surprise doing dungeons with it is fun plus i feel i am doing better with the mesmer than my ranger (thats no surprise i suppose) and the thing is my mesmer is just in greens, my ranger have all exotics. I was not planning to spend much gold in the mesmer but i liked it so much that i am already making rings, buying weapons and stuff. Who knows, that can be my new main if things continue the way there going.

in Ranger

Posted by: Clever.7918

Clever.7918

Did the latest patch undo the nerf?

in Ranger

NemesiS.6749

About pets problems dying fast, if i remember correctly WoW had the same problem and blizz implemented some kind of stat or whatever that pets avoided some portion of AoE damage so they survive in dungeons and raids. Maybe Anet should think in something like that, i swear all this is Burning Crusade (2007) all over again, at that time Hunters were the worse class probably in WoW (not sure now since i dont play since 08)

in Ranger

Posted by: Stadig.7325

Stadig.7325

Did the latest patch undo the nerf?

no this patch they fixed the important stuff.

“…
Restored Asuran head sizes to the size selected during character creation.
Fixed a bug with the Asuran character creation head size slider.”

in Ranger

Posted by: Stonish.7532

Stonish.7532

FInally went over the bug. Couldn’t log in on forum at all because of blabla token thingy. Anyway Im really dissapointed. Mainly because of one thing:
Arena Net:
-If you’re going to nerf short bow then i patch notes just call it shortbow nerf.
-If you’re going to make dmg less than normal then call it like that.
-If you’re going to decrease attack speed by X% then say so.

I seriously can’t see reason why did u hide shortbow nerf over “fixing animation bug”. If you would nerf shortbow and call it like that it wouldn’t annoy me that much as it annoys me now when all what I’ve seen is “we fixed animation bug”.

I talked with my friend (not ranger – a thief) and he explained me that u did it right coz shortbow had fast fire rate because of animation bug. So u fixed the animation bug and now shortbows fire rate as planned from the begining. Well… He is right in a part. But it doesn’t change the fact that Shortbow was not overpowered at all. And didn’t need a nerf…

I still have hope in you arena net. Heard too many good words about your company to leave it like that.

Gladly till u make my/our class playable again I have an alt with totally different playstyle.

in Ranger

Posted by: xLiveLucidx.5071

xLiveLucidx.5071

I still have hope in you arena net. Heard too many good words about your company to leave it like that.

This. I have a very high opinion of ArenaNet for their development, communication with players and response time to the issues, but the way they are treating the Ranger community at the moment is disappointing.
-Official patch notes failed to mention damage reduction.
-Players sought answers from devs, and Jon Peters’ response was so brief and open-ended it left players hanging on a cliff of uncertainty.
-Then he comes back to say ~damage decrease was intentional, Crossfire isn’t fun (the Shortbow’s only source of damage), players need to play more efficiently with the Shortbow, IF devs find there’s a further issue, we will work on it later~
- 4 days, 580+ replies, 61000+ views (not including other threads) and hundreds of upset customers later we still have no further response or support from devs.

Anet I love you guys but let’s not ruin gameplay experience here

in Ranger

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

This. I have a very high opinion of ArenaNet for their development, communication with players and response time to the issues, but the way they are treating the Ranger community at the moment is disappointing.
-Official patch notes failed to mention damage reduction.
-Players sought answers from devs, and Jon Peters’ response was so brief and open-ended it left players hanging on a cliff of uncertainty.
-Then he comes back to say ~damage decrease was intentional, Crossfire isn’t fun (the Shortbow’s only source of damage), players need to play more efficiently with the Shortbow, IF devs find there’s a further issue, we will work on it later~
- 4 days, 580+ replies, 61000+ views (not including other threads) and hundreds of upset customers later we still have no further response or support from devs.

Anet I love you guys but let’s not ruin gameplay experience here

I agree, although ANet to me has had one bad decision after another, If it was any other company I would be out, but since It’s ANet I’m staying, but how long can I stay when this kind of stuff happens, not long …..

in Ranger

Posted by: Ravnodaus.5130

Ravnodaus.5130

Yeah, I feel the same way too. I really expect more from Anet than how this is being handled. The only reason I’m upset and being vocal is because of high regard for them in general. I’m disappointed. Had this happened somewhere else I would have already talked with my wallet and bailed. Though, to be fair…I sort of am now already, since I haven’ and will not be using the gem store until they do some major damage control.

I am going to rant a little, and I know that’s probably not the most productive… But I’m just being brutally honest here. They keep handling things, so very wrong, and I am quite frankly baffled by it and confused by either a seeming incompetence or lack of care. So many problems are “being created” that don’t need to be if they had just a slight bit of foresight…

This one patch fix. To fix an animation glitch. They handled it just about the worst imaginable way possible. By straight up lying to us.

Reason given for change: Animation glitch.
Number of people who have witnessed said “animation glitch”: 0
How high of a priority was this? Top

How can this… THIS, be what they decide to “fix” first? An imaginary animation glitch! certainly that would mean that everything else is functioning properly first right? Not even kind of…

BUT… After massive outcry, and customer requests for an explanation… We are told that the nerf was intentional, and to discourage 1 spam? Open admission to deception? YES. But what even makes it worse… IT DOESN’T EVEN DISCOURAGE 1 SPAM!!! If you are still even playing your Ranger, and still using the shortbow…. which skill are you killing things with, I wonder? Ahh…yes… 1 spam. Maybe…just maybe… that is because it is the ONLY real ranged ATTACK on that weapon, and everything else is utility/situational? Ha… ha.. haahh…erg. /facepalm

They also broke quickness with the fix. Crossfire doesn’t benefit much from it. certainly isn’t working as it used to/ description says it works. Doesn’t function…they broke it…and are intentionally or willfully ignoring the outcry of this new bug. Or they’re clueless and don’t even notice. I’m really not sure which is worse.

Ok…
What this tells us… in list form:

Anet will boldly lie to us.
Anet has kittened up priorities.
Anet will make more bugs when they fix minor bugs.
Anet will make major changes that do nothing to accomplish their actual goal, just symptoms of it… “Har har, hey guys, we decided you don’t spend enough game time out exploring the world beyond the major cities, so made all the major cities quickly drain your HP. Good luck staying in town for more than 20 seconds, haha. Cities aren’t fun, get used to it.”
Because Anet knows what is fun, you do not. Beatings will continue until moral improves.

That is what their handling of this “animation glitch” tells us. And I don’t want to think any of those things about them. I want to be a happy and loyal customer. But bad practices and bad business can’t be silently ignored. They need to do something, and it needs to be a dramatic change of pace from the last few weeks of “progress”.
I desperately want to help them. They just seem to be so deep in over their heads that they are floundering… I keep holding on to hope, somehow, by thinking of what “could be”. There is so much potential in this game it is amazing. But just a few critical faults could tear it down from the inside out on the most fundamental level.

Why grind dungeons? Only relevant content…
Why? Gives needed gear…
Why do you need this gear? To do dungeons… duh.

(edited by Ravnodaus.5130)

in Ranger

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

At first I thought the damage reduction and issue with QZ was just an honest oversight. However, after reading the devs response, my feeling is that this nerf to SB and the slower rate of fire when combined with quickness is actually due to several complaints about crossfire and quickness in the spvp forums.

In fact what the dev says in his second post echos a thread on the spvp forum about crossfire being unfair because by just pressing one button you can acheive the same result that other classes need an elaborate set up to perform.

What probably most of us don’t understand is why it did not specifically say in the notes that crossfire was being nerfed by 7% and its synergy with quickness was being cut in order to take away ranger burst. The apparant lie just seems so out of line with everything I’ve seen and read while following the development of this game that I still question whether it was just a mix up; perhaps the dev was just busy and not really paying attention to what he was saying in his response, that kind of thing. Arghh, hate it when things just don’t compute like this.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

I mean straight answers
Why didnt we notice any glitch?
Why is not mentioned as a damage nerf in the update thread?
Why Devs gave to this animation that noone report it so much priority?
Isnt it obvious that all other skills from SB were situational?
Why the community is upset?I really want to know Anet’s opinion.
Please be honest and clear with us

(edited by Dardamaniac.1295)

in Ranger

Posted by: kiranslee.4829

kiranslee.4829

They dont need to fix ranger at all.
This made my day :
“Fixed a bug with the Asuran character creation head size slider”

in Ranger

Posted by: Kavs.7286

Kavs.7286

Had reservations about rolling a Ranger as my main due to Pets but went ahead with it anyway, partly due to me rolling a Ranger as my main in GW1. Really dissapointed at how it has turned out. Boring gameplay(Longsword being about the only fun weapon), lack of dps and squishability make them really lacking in both PvE and PvP. Was completley outmatched in sPvP due do lack of ability to actually down someone by myself. Another thing, what is up with the Elites, really underpowered!

The only real satisfying part with them for me has been the traps. Think ill switch to a Necro on completion of the Personal storyline!

in Ranger

Posted by: Aethersong.5189

Aethersong.5189

Let me start by stating that I have spent thousands of hours of time playing the first Guild Wars, so I am not a new customer by any means. But, I am sorry. I am not very pleased with the way Anet has handled this issue. The fact they tried to present this nerf as an “animation fix” in the patch notes just leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. I have not seen one single person who had an animation problem with the short-bow. I personally played my ranger for nearly 300 hours and never noticed a problem. Which leads me to ask, why is a nerf like this being prioritized or the countless problems that rangers currently face and why were we lied to?

Lying to your customers, and then coming out later and stating that it was actually a nerf is very, very bad form. And your reasoning behind this? People were usually their auto-attack too much. Let me write that down again. People were using their AUTO-ATTACK too much.

Jon, this is a horrible, horrible reason for making such a nerf. If you saw a problem with the attack speed of the short-bow, I could be understanding. Let me qualify that, however, I could be understanding if you examined the short-bow as a whole before jumping straight to nerfing it. People used the “1” skill on the short-bow so much because it is the primary damage source of the weapon. As has been stated countless times, the others skills of the weapon are situation. I hope to assume you knew this, yet it frightens me at the same time because even so you went ahead with this nerf.

Another thing I would like to comment is that stating that the damage decrease was simply 7% is wrong, because as I hope you know, much of the damage from the short-bow comes from bleeding stacks which also got affected. This is not to mention the quickness problems people are experiencing.

I hope a rework to the other skills of the short-bow is coming out soon to compensate as well as better fit your ideal vision of what the weapon should be. Also, I hope to see you again soon in this thread to tell us of the progress of these improvements are to this weapon (and hopefully to other ranger weapons, as well).

(edited by Aethersong.5189)

in Ranger

Posted by: Strongfort.2451

Strongfort.2451

(snip)
I hope a rework to the other skills of the short-bow is coming out soon to compensate as well better fit your ideal vision of what the weapon should be. Also, I hope to see you again soon in this thread to tell us of the progress of these improvements are to this weapon (and hopefully to other ranger weapons, as well).

Very nice post Aethersong.5189, too bad they just don’t give a darn.

in Ranger

Posted by: lacrimstein.5603

lacrimstein.5603

My faith in ArenaNet has been completely destroyed. Between the DR debacle, prioritizing nerfs over bug fixes, lack of patch testing, this ranger issue, and above all, the complete absence of dialogue with the community about these issues, I’ll think twice before giving this company any more of my money for any reason.

(edited by lacrimstein.5603)

in Ranger

Posted by: Tokkra.8127

Tokkra.8127

@lacrimstein

Totally agree with you, before this nerf, i heard tales of Anet NEVER hiding behind a nerf (I didn’t play much GW1) and was falling in love with the one class that felt absolutely right to me…Ranger. Since the nerf I’ve been keeping a pretty close eye on these forums hoping for acknowledgement/course of action. Even got a response back from the GW2 twitter acct saying to just keep an eye on the forums, since that is where we can “supposivly” communicate with Anet moderators. Right now my love for this beaaaaautiful game is fading, which is saddening because with no monthly fee i was planning on a long GW2 career.
Currently my Ranger is 55, if i had to chose another prof i guess it would be thief. I’m kinda sitting back to see what happens tho, maybe it is unintentional they will fix it or just the issue with QZ. All i know is the next character i start will be the last unless something changes.

in Ranger

Posted by: JunkyardWolf.4126

JunkyardWolf.4126

You know why WoW is successful? i have said it over the years, is because there [sic] support is awesome. They answer in forums and care, talk to the people. But the lack of support and communication is frustrating, especially when a class is so broken like rangers.

Apparently you’ve never tried getting a straight answer from the devs on the Hunter forums over there.

Not that it’s much better here…

in Ranger

NemesiS.6749

You know why WoW is successful? i have said it over the years, is because there [sic] support is awesome. They answer in forums and care, talk to the people. But the lack of support and communication is frustrating, especially when a class is so broken like rangers.

Apparently you’ve never tried getting a straight answer from the devs on the Hunter forums over there.

Not that it’s much better here…

well years ago they did replied, maybe not as fast as you would like but at least they did answer in important issues threads. Dont know now, dont play that in ages

in Ranger

Posted by: Othayuni.7369

Othayuni.7369

Been a while since I followed this thread, any new word from arenanet about if they plan to address the shortbow issues? I just can’t ignore how lame it feels since the patch and I’m a pretty easygoing, GW2-loving guy.

in Ranger

Posted by: NinjaKnight.1340

NinjaKnight.1340

They did reply to basically say their “animation” fix was actually a 7% base damage nerf, the autoattack was “spamming” and after 2 days of analysis they couldn’t determine if a 7% base damage reduction (which players have calculated to be as much as 30% with certain builds) makes the shortbow not effective.

I don’t think this is the most intelligent and customer endearing type of reply.

Also, this may not be a sub game but what about new purchases, future upgrades and Gem purchases? They may be rolling in it now because of their oversubscribed launch, but sooner or later the bad feeling will catch up to Anet.

in Ranger

Othayuni.7369

I -liked- spamming 1 as my primary damage dealer while using the 2-5 skills for utility and control and stuff. I thought that was the point of shortbow. It was fun, and the positioning requirements of crossfire kept it lively.

I’m a little disappointed that they straight up nerfed us with the intent to make our class more “fun”. I feel a bit like they broke shortbow by fixing it when it wasn’t broken.

I’m disappointed, guys. This isn’t really okay with me. But thank you @Ninjaknight for digging up that post.

I -am- however grateful that they’re willing to look in to it if the shortbow is underperforming, if confused by their decision to nerf the primary damage dealer without buffing everything else.

And I still want to know if it was quite their intention for quickness crossfire to be hit as hard as it did.

(edited by Othayuni.7369)

in Ranger

Posted by: StevieMJH.9105

StevieMJH.9105

Overall, regardless of whether or not the nerf acts as listed, the idea to nerf a class because it’s animations don’t work correctly is completely asinine.

You don’t nerf a class’ combat ability because it’s animations weren’t working. You fix the kitten animations. It’s lazy coding to take the easy way out and change a single number in the code instead of fixing the bug in the first place. I, for one, wasn’t getting any annoyance from my SB animations anyway.

in Ranger

Posted by: Grundar.2894

Grundar.2894

Well that sealed the deal for me, unless in the future the class receives some serious changes to the Shortbow, either being #1 going back to the way it was, or reworking our 2-5 skills to put out more damage, the Ranger class is useless to me.

Started a Rifle Warrior two days ago, playing the exact same way i played my Ranger minus controlling the clunky pet, and I’m owning and doing far more damage, killing more and dieing less in World pvp and thats only at level 12. Also have a 27 thief that i’m going to give another shot but i found boring. Loved my Ranger just both Short and Longbow suck so bad, and I want to play the profession as a ranged character. This is coming from a former Arena Master on WoW so not just a noob player commenting on how much Rangers suck now… Axe/torch/horn is now the only decent option but again I’d much rather have a bow as a ranger class and our only viable bow for pvp is now garbage !

Can’t believe how much i’m ranting as this is only my 2nd post on the forums (both posts in this thread) and never posted on any previous mmo forums / official forums before either. Just so appalled at what they’ve done to this profession I just need to voice out. I definetly will not be spending ANY real money on this game in the gem store, was considering buying another character slot and definetly picking up all expansions, but now when the next expansion comes out, hopefully the class will either be reworked or that will likely be when i quit. Hopefully something else new and better will come out by that time. Been spending alot more time on Borderlands 2 as of late, and Assassin’s Creed 3 comes out Oct 30th.. that will be awesome.

Best of luck to all the Rangers out there in sticking with it, starting new classes, or moving on ! Hopefully ANET gets there head out of the gutter on this one and fix our broken class..

in Ranger

Posted by: CC Charles.3675

Previous

CC Charles.3675

Community Coordinator

Hi Everyone,

Unfortunately we have seen a lot of off topic posts on this thread.

As it is really important for us to collect your feedbacks and opinions in the clearest way, I invite you to stay on topic and avoid posts that do not provide any meaningful contribution to the discussion at hand.

Thank you for your cooperation.

in Ranger

Posted by: lizardjoel.5432

lizardjoel.5432

Either way i think a damage downgrade would work better than slower speed if you guys want to nerf shortbow, because i used it to spam arrows near my allies and heal them with “healing bolts” and its hurting my healing alot.

How much time does it take to kill a shortbow ranger?

40 milliseconds

in Ranger

Posted by: CalamityTwo.8741

CalamityTwo.8741

Does anyone have any mathematical or video proof that the ranger is so much worse then other classes with the same gear set? I would like to see it if they do (no sarcasm, I really would). But I’m not going to look through this 600 post ranger pity party to find it.

in Ranger

Othayuni.7369

@CalamityTwo I’m a ranger built for dueling and am extremely competent in free tournaments. I don’t feel like the nerf (without buffs to even it out) was appropriate, but I also think people’s lampooning the ranger class as a whole is ridiculous.

If you’re feeling disheartened about rangers in general, feel free to send me a PM and I’ll talk to you about why they’re actually a wonderful class, even bearing the balancing concerns of crossfire/shortbow in mind.

in Ranger

Posted by: moop.2537

moop.2537

The point is that you lied to us. If you wanna nerf rangers, fine. Then say it, and explain why. Why not just fix the animation instead of nerfing our damage by roughly 20%?

Our main source of damage is applied through bleeds, not raw damage so that 7% number is pretty laughable. Understand how your game works please before changing things. All we ask.

in Ranger

Posted by: soren.6918

soren.6918

Here is my input. This is the same thing that Bioware did to Mercs/Troopers. The class was basically a 1 button build consisting of gravity/missile spam. They said “we want the class to be more than 1 button cause it’s boring”. But instead of changing the class they just nerfed the damage on grav/missiles. This doesn’t make the class deeper or more enjoyable, it just makes the one viable spec less effective. So now you are spamming 1 button less effectively because there aren’t any other viable builds.

You wanna change the class, give us another option before getting rid of our damage. Quickening Zephyr took a hard hit with this nerf. NOBODY cared about this graphic glitch you talked about. Let me reiterate… NOBODY cared about a “graphic glitch”. I left Swtor because of how they treated the community. Don’t make me leave this game because I really like it.

Change the melee option to actually become useful in WvW or TPvP. Change the shortbow so that you have more than one attack option, a crappy poison option and 3 “ok” control options. Change spirit animals to actually become useful. Make the trap spec useful. Do something, don’t just nerf the kitten shortbow damage and call it a day. That’s lazy.