Ranger SB Nerf: Not 40 milliseconds

in Ranger

Posted by: Chez.8257

Chez.8257

Since launch, the only bug fix I have seen so far that actually helps rangers was making entangle affected by the 20% cooldown reduction, so thank you for that. Despite the bugs, the ranger was still a fun, playable class.

My question is that out of all the 68+ bugs on the Ranger Bug List, why mess with one of only decent DPS options to change a completely unknown “graphical glitch” that doesn’t affect playability?

Why not just change the animation if that was truly the only problem? Instead of fixing one of the numerous serious bugs on that list, you guys “fixed” something that wasnt even broken.

If time is going into fixing bugs, why not the ones that the community actually recognizes as a serious problem? Has anyone ever posted about this “animation glitch” and about how we needed a major game mechanic altered in order for the game to be better?

You claim that it was to prevent “1” spamming, but what about us who didnt spam “1” and just let the auto attack run? Why does auto attack and QZ suffer so much?

It just seems like a huge change for Rangers, with absolutely no input from the community on this issue. It seems like it came out of nowhere, and I have never once noticed this being a problem, or “broken,” during the last month of getting my ranger to 80.

Why reduce damage by a claimed “7%” just to fix an animation glitch? It seems like such a poor explanation for such a huge change.

Also, the devs claim that bugs take alot of time and testing to fix. Was this bug fix ever tested extensively? Were the numbers ever checked?

Was this changed because Rangers were actually considered OP?

I am just confused as to why we as a community get such a small say and limited explanation for big changes like this?

in Ranger

Posted by: Lycis.1843

Lycis.1843

Longbow: Terrible attack speed, animations, and the kit in general. Damage is sub par to Warrior Rifle, never seen outside of WvW and even in WvW we only use it due to the traited 1500 range. Any ranger who has seen Engineer grenade spaming at 1500 range would gladly swap classes im sure.

Let me ask this; wouldnt it have been a better decision as a game designer to come in here and make a post like

“Hey guys, we have identified some issues with SB #1, and are going to make changes to it, and wanted your opionion about Short Bow and what its lacking given that the dps on the auto attack might be scaled back a bit”. Then after a polite discourse and idea exchange, you would be empowered more and the players would be more content?

NOPE! THATS NOT WHAT YOU DID! Instead you ‘fixed an animation bug’ that no ranger I have talked to has ever noticed to disguise what would be an unpopular nerf to the class, and now that we basically are a terrible kitten class you are going to tell us you might review some data, which will spring the possibility for you to formulate a counter balance to the rest of our weak weapon?

If this is par the course for how you plan to introduce game changes, I may be looking elsewhere to spend my time.

I fully agree with faytte, instead of improving the Longbow, you blame a animation bug for nerfing the Ranger and the SB. That´s sad. When a DPS Nerf is needed, what I don’t think, then just nerf the DPS and not the attack speed, thats the worst thing you can do, especially to the Ranger Class. I guess Ranger are now the slowest class overall, thats what makes a Ranger right. Thanks for destroying a great class.

in Ranger

Posted by: PrimeMeridian.6083

PrimeMeridian.6083

Add me to the list of players who previously never saw the animation bug :\

Even though the shortbow often seemed like the only viable weapon, I never felt the gameplay suffered too badly. Things were fun. Flanking, piercing, placing traps, managing pets, and throwing skills 2-5 if necessary … juggling all of those things made for interesting gameplay. So I’m not sure either what the whole “encouraging spamming 1 key” argument is all about.

I’ve pretty much lived with the change with the understanding that it is just one element in a game with thousands of customizable elements. But hopefully an update will come sooner rather than later (for both side’s sake) because the disappointment from players within this forum really is starting to feel palpable. And that’s not a good thing for such a new game.

in Ranger

Posted by: Leviatana.8107

Leviatana.8107

I can understand you wish to fix the Short Bow and but a emphasis on using all our skills on the Short Bow but, the problem with the Short Bow is that our 1 (auto attack) is the only ability that only does damage. Our 2 is a frontal cone poison which is nice to keep on the target but damage wise I consider only those to be viable for spamming. 3 in it’s current state just makes my mind boggle and never saw a good use for it the backflip with a 1 second swiftness (it’ll be if you’re turning around) and it’ll break my strafing forcing me to stand still for a second which is just as fatal. 4 and 5 are my utility skills and I try to keep those available for the moments I actually need those. In PvP that would be a warrior trying to do a billion blades or a thief trying to backstab me. In PvE i stopped using the Short Bow entirely but when I did use it the general idea for me was the same and 5 was only used to daze special abilities on NPC’s. To sum it up

- Crossfire is only viable damage spam
- Poison Volley is a okay spam to put in between
- Quick Shot is not viable for most of my kiting and strafing
- Crippling Shot is situational
- Concussion Shot is important to save up to prevent certain abilities that would otherwise mean you’re dead

I’m mostly using the Greatsword now cause it has some nice utility
- 3rd auto attack is an evade
- 2nd skill is a bleed and okay frontal cone damage
- 3rd skill allows me to leap to target
- 4th skill blocks and knocksback or allows me to cripple
- 5th skill is a daze similar to concussion shot

Overall this works well with me being the frontline dps in instances while most of my friends play support and pure dps on their necro, thief, mesmer and guardian

in Ranger

Posted by: Alcyon.7098

Alcyon.7098

Hi,

Please Anet do something for our class, and do it quickly.
ShortBow and LongBow need to be improved, QZ need to be fixed, we can’t be a range class without a decent range weapon.

Please, do something, or you’ll loose a lot of customers for your next products/expansions.

in Ranger

Posted by: MrLee.6892

MrLee.6892

Once I am done collecting my last dungeon piece for my Ranger, he is getting parked. I started playing a Warrior and it’s just crazy to see the dps difference!!!

This is very bad form ArenaNet. I can’t believe you can’t just come out and say it.

We where nerfed because of all the Ranger Bots out there, but you guys don’t have the "rocks’ to admit it.

Thanks for crapping on the normal (non-botting) players….again.

/disgusted!

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Looks like no patch today then. I think we can agree that was going to be the best case scenario for Rangers.

in Ranger

Posted by: Munrock.3092

Munrock.3092

It was also encouraging just spamming 1 which isn’t the most fun gameplay.

I can’t speak for everyone but for me, the gameplay wasn’t lacking in fun. There’s already a lot that’s going through your head when you’re playing Ranger. Sure every class has its own metrics to occupy players’ minds while they play, but the Ranger profession mechanic lays it on a bit thick.

1) Pets are a mandatory part of the Ranger gameplay at the moment, and compared to clones and minions the player is given responsibility for more detailed control over them, with more punitive consequences for player effectiveness if we make mistakes. We have to look after two health bars instead of one, and watch out for the positioning of two characters instead of one… one of which has a delayed response to most of its commands.

2) I just skimmed through the wiki and, apart from the Mesmer Greatsword, Short Bow and Long Bow appear to be the only other weapons in the game whose auto-attack damage is adjusted based on our physical position relative to a target. So on top of positioning for two characters instead of one, if you want to maximize your effectiveness as a Short Bow ranger you have to constantly do that risk/reward evaluation on every opportunity to flank.

That’s two things that other professions don’t have to worry about. Post patch, the reduced rate of fire hasn’t affected my use of the other 4 skills at all. #4 and #5 remain situational attacks, which I thought was the intention behind their design. 3 remains unreliable as a dodge-back, and its ‘attack while running away’ feature is cool but the need for it is so rare that you could put a 5 minute cooldown on it and I’d not notice. #2 is spammed on bosses and spammed everywhere else when there aren’t neutral adds nearby… I hope that gives you cause to redesign it!

Sure you can auto-attack cruise through easy content, but so can most professions. The reason #1 spam on short bow is that much more of a mindless drill compared to other professions isn’t because of the short bow, it’s because of the pet that seems to work like an aggro magnet when we play solo PvE.

So overall, I don’t agree that ‘#1 spam’ is justification for slowing the short bow down. It’s not like we don’t have a lot to think about anyway.

in Ranger

Posted by: Thyya.1307

Thyya.1307

yep, easiest way to encourage people not use SB is to decrease LB auto-attack interval by 40 milliseconds. It’s only fair? well may be people are still not using LB until rapidfire [Obstructed] is fixed. But animation fix —> “ops, we’ll take a look” —> “yeah, it’s a nerf, but it’s not fun that way anyway” is just unprofessional, IMHO.

BTW, did NCSoft stocks go down? if not, then 700 comments don’t mean much.

in Ranger

Posted by: Cazbah.4706

Cazbah.4706

I can certainly understand the sentiment behind the statement regarding auto-attack not being “fun” to rely on, but I must echo some of the other comments in here that have pointed out something that becomes fairly obvious after playing an SB ranger even for a short while – that’s the whole point of the weapon, and I really enjoyed it.

For all those complaining that GW2 combat was simply a matter of button mashing and popping whatever skill was off cooldown, the short bow for the ranger was a great place to point out how false that premise was.

While you certainly can play that way with a short bow, the weapon really provided a wonderful skill ceiling which wasn’t just about doing as much damage as possible. Yes, you can pop that poison volley whenever it’s up and get some more damage on the target, but try saving it just before your opponent heals (or is attempting to rez a friend) for maximum effectiveness.

Save Quick Shot for a critical evade when you’re out of endurance or when you’re running away from an attacker.

Wait for critical times to use Concussion Shot – like when someone’s about to stomp your friend or about to heal.

The short bow teaches (and rewards) patience and awareness – unlike most other weapons, and was a fantastic compliment to a class that relies (somewhat) on another source for damage (the pet).

I’ll leave others to decide where the autoattack should end up in terms of damage, but please consider that it is the only reliable source of damage on the weapon, and that there is nothing about that design that needs to change.

I would personally much rather see reliable damage come out of our pets than more damage come out of short bow autoattack. That would further reward people that play the shortbow the way it was meant to be played. Kite and bleed, and let your pet wear them down.

in Ranger

Posted by: rickshaw.5279

rickshaw.5279

Since launch, the only bug fix I have seen so far that actually helps rangers was making entangle affected by the 20% cooldown reduction, so thank you for that. Despite the bugs, the ranger was still a fun, playable class.

My question is that out of all the 68+ bugs on the Ranger Bug List, why mess with one of only decent DPS options to change a completely unknown “graphical glitch” that doesn’t affect playability?

Why not just change the animation if that was truly the only problem? Instead of fixing one of the numerous serious bugs on that list, you guys “fixed” something that wasnt even broken.

If time is going into fixing bugs, why not the ones that the community actually recognizes as a serious problem? Has anyone ever posted about this “animation glitch” and about how we needed a major game mechanic altered in order for the game to be better?

You claim that it was to prevent “1” spamming, but what about us who didnt spam “1” and just let the auto attack run? Why does auto attack and QZ suffer so much?

It just seems like a huge change for Rangers, with absolutely no input from the community on this issue. It seems like it came out of nowhere, and I have never once noticed this being a problem, or “broken,” during the last month of getting my ranger to 80.

Why reduce damage by a claimed “7%” just to fix an animation glitch? It seems like such a poor explanation for such a huge change.

Also, the devs claim that bugs take alot of time and testing to fix. Was this bug fix ever tested extensively? Were the numbers ever checked?

I am just confused as to why we as a community get such a small say and limited explanation for big changes like this?

This post sums everything up nicely.

in Ranger

rickshaw.5279

in Ranger

rickshaw.5279

in Ranger

rickshaw.5279

Wow… what the **** was that? Serves me right for posting from a phone.

in Ranger

Posted by: kevin.8026

kevin.8026

Still no response to this topic , in G2’s short history easily the biggest post on the forums , If I wanted to change my play style I would I don’t want them nerfing SB to make me decide to do it. I had really high hopes for this game , I’ve played since day one , yeah pets suck , I hated pvp when I first started If I wanted melee I’d of rolled a Thf, or a warrior but I wanted Range, SB , LB both have skills that need work we all know it , but this nerf really limits shortbow to not using it at all , a response would be nice though I never noticed any glitch , but I really notcie how slow the SB is now.

in Ranger

Posted by: Gisei.5749

Gisei.5749

Players need to understand that Anet has a long way to go before all the professions reach a point of relative balance, which is perfectly fine and normal. Balancing professions is an incredibly difficult task. A task which I couldn’t even begin to do. There are going to be countless changes made to each class, and then a few more. Some classes are going to be OP, and some are going to be weak. This is going to flip around a lot, and many players are going to feel like they are being screwed.

Rangers are getting the short end of the stick. State your case, argue your points, and quit making suggestions, unless you actually have a good one, which you won’t. One that you have tested with every possible build of the ranger with regards to every possible build of every other profession of any combination in every scenario, both PvE and PvP. Then perhaps, it’ll carry a little weight.

And please, quit asking for “Quick” changes or fixes. It doesn’t work like that. Anything “Quick” will just lead to a plethora of more problems. But that’ll likely leave other people unhappy rather than you, which is okay, right?

If the ranger is truly unplayable as it is, forum readers don’t need to hear about how you’re just going to re-roll. Just re-roll. The other professions are just as fantastic and deserve a play as well.

~Sorrow’s Furnace~
Guardian

in Ranger

Posted by: Vorkk.4927

Vorkk.4927

Gisei: As a player, I understand that this game has been in development for years. If they didn’t realize these issues, maybe the game wasn’t ready to be released. As for fixing the balance between OP and weak, then why not fix bugs to see if it fixed stuff instead of picking on one of the least viable classes and nerfing an item then LYING about it.

You defenders of companies are just as bad as we are. We may see all negative but you’re blinded by faith.

in Ranger

Posted by: himhk.1835

himhk.1835

Gisei: Your points didn’t justify Anet covered a nerf by what they called a fix of “graphic glitch”. Not to mention when they only provide ONE direct damage (and it is the default auto attack lol ) skill in the complete SB skill list and asked the players not to spam it because they think it is not “fun”. It only show that they completely don’t understand the profession they created and that’s make everybody angry.

in Ranger

Posted by: Jujube.4981

Jujube.4981

The blind anet defender’s do more harm to this game and class than the angry horde. At least with with unhappy people, Anet might take a look at the issues at hand. If they listened to the zealots who believe that Anet could do no wrong, nothing would ever change, balanced or not.

in Ranger

Posted by: Speno.1874

Speno.1874

Warrior is up to 50 now, it is crazy how superior their ranged is to ours.
Longbow vs Longbow, warriors have the skills ranger should have.
Rifle vs Short bow Rifle has it by a long shot.

Heavy armor and survivability go to the warrior. All I do is spam 100 blades and 1 on GS, and 1 and 3 on Rifle. I don’t know that that differs from rangers using 1. Infact on the Warrior I can spam 1 from infront and stack 7-10 bleeds easy.

There is no good explanation that Anet can give us to prove why warriors can spam 1 with rifle and get alot of Viable weapons. We cannot spam 1 with short bow because it is our ONLY viable ranged weapon.

Again this is to fix the bot issue, just masked in a what was a bad cover up.

“Red sun rises. Blood has been spilled this night.”
Leader of Steadfast
Current Boris Pass , Formerly pre launch HOD

in Ranger

Posted by: himhk.1835

himhk.1835

I just hope this is not the case (to solve the bot issue). In fact, those bots won’t care about the damage nerf at all. Only nerfing the Ranger damage means those bots can keep botting without any change to their bot setting, so why should they care?

Even if Anet nerf Ranger bad enough so that it is not a good option for botting anymore, do Anet really think those bot will disappear? I bet those bots will just pick another profession to bot again.

in Ranger

Posted by: MidgeisGood.2153

MidgeisGood.2153

I just have to say that as a Guardian/ Thief user, I’m sorry rangers. I really hope they fix your weapons so they are actually good. I made a ranger and soon deleted it once I played with the weapons, which were all boring (it’s like they rushed making this class and didn’t think things through). I hope patches soon will make you a more viable class

Best of luck

in Ranger

Posted by: FEMC.1843

FEMC.1843

I truely believe it was because of the bot. I dont think Anet can make up the “animation glitch” excuse to just cover the nerf. It could be indeed an animation glitch which causing huge problem while hundreds of bots are using SB. That explains why they put this to highest priority instead of other known bugs mentioned by players. But even though they should compensate in other areas if they have to fix this “animation glitch.” And I realize the auto attack is broken for SB after I re-roll a warrior, I know what truly auto-attack was meant to be, thanks Anet!

in Ranger

Posted by: Vorkk.4927

Vorkk.4927

Bots don’t care. They r killing small stuff like Dolyaks for hours on end with a horde of lvl 10 rangers. There may be 1 other toon in there lvl 70-80 but that’s usually it. They are still getting the same amount of claws and other mats they were selling before this nerf. Their macros work the same. 30 bots vs 1 lil dolyak…most of them are naked. It doesn’t matter at all to them. They don’t even need to make one of the better classes to bot. If you’re going to deal with bots, you need to deal with bots and not making a profession non-viable to those who actually play it and needed strategy to make it work. The bots don’t need strat. Heck they don’t even need to be at the pc more than 5 mins to set up their botting programs and loading up their 40 hacked accounts.

in Ranger

Posted by: aPutridCorpse.8792

aPutridCorpse.8792

7% less damage doesnt even include the lost damage to the obstructed messages you get when a single blade of grass floats in front of you.

Level 80 Asura Ranger
Level 30 Human Guardian

in Ranger

Speno.1874

7% less damage doesnt even include the lost damage to the obstructed messages you get when a single blade of grass floats in front of you.

Not just that it does not account condition damage lost and crit damage.

Leader of Steadfast

in Ranger

Speno.1874

The possible only way to fix it besides reverting back.

1. Remove the positioning required from this skill. Increase base damage slightly.
2. Increase damage on this, Right now it is very mediocre. It is only worth using for the healing debuff from posion.
3. This is mostly worthless the jump back does not move you far enough to escape most skills.
4. Very conditional skill. Give it regular use condition, chill or something along those lines.
5. Also a very conditional skill. Using this only for interupt, noone uses this for damage.

Leader of Steadfast

in Ranger

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

The proof is in the pudding – my Mesmer is up to level 27, and my ranger has been logged in to gather some mats, and that’s it.

You know, it’s not so much that this broke rangers entirely. It’s more that this gave me an opportunity to look behind the curtain and realized all the things I was struggling with weren’t simply a “I need to learn to play this complex, intricate character”.

Long bow [OBSTRUCTED] or [OUT OF RANGE] between 30% to 40% of the time for someone clearly neither – DPS destroying bug.

Pet stopping and pausing before every attack – DPS destroying bug.

One handed sword rooting me, resulting in “OMG DODGE YOU FOOL!” – splat – BUG.

And they have the gigantic steel balls to come in here and say “Oh, you were spamming 1 too much on your Short bow – sorry about lying to you about it in the patch notes”.

I call bollucks.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

Even though logging into these forums everyday really depresses me (only to be relieved by playing my new warrior & theif) I still do it hoping that Anet will make a change due to the 700+ posts that are probably 90/95% rage and disappointment.

RIP in peace Robert

in Ranger

Posted by: BioHazard.2147

BioHazard.2147

This has 15 PAGES of posts and 75,000 Views … I dont know how this isnt fixed yet … please shed some insight ANET, is this a bug or was it bugged before and it’s now fixed.

in Ranger

Posted by: kevin.8026

kevin.8026

I just played a warrior for 30 minutes tried a gun an a sword try it then you might complain to every skill is better , i could take two three mobs at level 2 with a Rifle on a warrior.The games name should have been Guild Warriors.

in Ranger

Posted by: awe extender.1908

awe extender.1908

I wish to join my fellow ranger comrades; I totally agree with the hundreds of hundreds shouts and cries for a fix of the mentioned issues.

If the players didn’t care about the game or the ranger prof, there wouldn’t bee such a massive support and commitment in this thread. We LOVE our ranger, please don’t take this from us. We aren’t asking for an übermensch godlike ranger, just a balanced ranger who does what a ranger should be able to do.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ashlotte.3719

Ashlotte.3719

At this point I’d just be happy if they reverted this “fix”.

As a class we have numerous problems, but in the interim just restoring things back to the way they were would go a long way to proving you care at this point Anet…

Kinda sad really that we are at the point that simply fixing your own muck up would give me a modicum of joy. Is that really the standard you want to place yourself at guys?

in Ranger

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

The blind anet defender’s do more harm to this game and class than the angry horde. At least with with unhappy people, Anet might take a look at the issues at hand. If they listened to the zealots who believe that Anet could do no wrong, nothing would ever change, balanced or not.

QFT. You see this on every game forum, fans defending a company regardless of what they do.

Do they know how hard it is to get useful feedback in the real word? Try working at a call center and do some phone survey on a product and see. Now we have knowledgeable end users, backed with numbers no less, eagerly giving you feedback on all levels and it’s completely ignored. Boggles the mind really.

I quit L2 because nothing ever suggested would be implemented since it was developed by NCSoft Korea and they don’t read our forums. Well, it seems I’ve changed game but the situation pretty much stayed the same.

in Ranger

Posted by: literayz.3619

literayz.3619

Where are you ANET?

Why have you not responded after one of your developers said they would take a look at this?

Is the evidence we have compiled not enough?

Is the outpouring of personal testimony from a large amount of your users not enough to get your attention?

We believed you were a company for the player! That you would listen!

We don’t want to believe you would lie to us and yet the evidence, plus your lack of response, is showing that perhaps we were wrong to believe that you might be morally and ethically superior to companies like EA, Sony, etc…

The truth is that you are loosing credibility/trust with a large portion of your user base.

Please respond!

Please help us!

Please don’t throw us under the bus!

in Ranger

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

You assume they care… they are probably working on the class’s the devs play and enjoy.

Welcome rangers, you are the black sheep of GW2 as it were.

in Ranger

Posted by: Lillith.5724

Lillith.5724

I just played a warrior for 30 minutes tried a gun an a sword try it then you might complain to every skill is better , i could take two three mobs at level 2 with a Rifle on a warrior.The games name should have been Guild Warriors.

Over at the Warrior forums, they’re complaining how underpowered their longbow skill is
Makes me wanna scream!!!
Meanwhile back at the Ranger forums…..
…still waiting on comment/answer from Anet

Lillith Flame – Norn Ranger
Guild Leader: Spank Reunited
Yak’s Bend Server

in Ranger

Posted by: teviko.6049

teviko.6049

@Lillith

Which rangers will not get. A.Net will stubbornly try to refuse that what they did constituted a nerf and apologize and make it right. Instead, they might ‘fix’ our pets to compensate, which will further break the pets (not that they were ‘fixed’ in the first place)

in Ranger

Posted by: gadenp.7586

gadenp.7586

Looking at how American companies, especially tech/gaming companies, work this past few years. I can tell you that the preferred response to users when they do something wrong is the bunker down approach.

Mass Effect 3 was THE last big fight/example of this.

Once they said enough to justify their position, like Jon Peter did, they will bunker down and totally ignore us. Letting us rant till we run out of steam and then maybe down the road release something to “pacify” us once we get tired and are willing to accept whatever they give.

Not saying that ANet will do it (although it looks like it), or they will be that bad (FYI, they are better then most). But that seems the norm that most USA gaming companies act now days to some extend.

So basic-ly now we wait, the wait of the disillusioned till better things come. With hope as our guide, till all hope is lost. It is sort of like perm bleeding in GW2, except with hope instead of hp.

in Ranger

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

The best way to kill a mmo is to ignore the player base.

They are going down a dark road if this is to be how this game is going to be run…. we aren’t even 2 months in.

in Ranger

Posted by: Alur.7510

Alur.7510

They are going down a dark road if this is to be how this game is going to be run…. we aren’t even 2 months in.

I was having a chat with my guild, just exactly about tshis.

in Ranger

Posted by: Duncan.7294

Duncan.7294

Maybe they found that rangers were the least likely class to spend money in the cash shop because of the flower and unicorn legendary bows. Seriously how much of the playerbase is girls really?

Or maybe it’s a plan to eliminate ranger bots by getting all real players to quit playing them making bots easier to find. In that case we could just ride it out . . .

in Ranger

Posted by: Calavero.3420

Calavero.3420

I think a little reality check is needed here.

They didn’t do this because of botting. The reason you see teams of 3+ Ranger bots with shortbows and bears running through low to mid level areas is that at those levels the pets are basically overpowered. Bots couldn’t care less about a 7% damage nerf, or lack of condition stacking.

ANet aren’t saying anything because that’s how MMO companies have to operate. If they say or promise ANYTHING and any tiny little part of something they even SUGGEST is going to happen doesn’t, people will blow it completely out of proportion and go berserk – kind of like what’s happened throughout this thread.

We will not know what they are going to do to address this until we read it in the patch notes when they post the patch to the servers. Crying about it (or kittening about it or calling them liars) won’t make that happen any faster.

That being said, my Warrior is now level 60, and is absolutely destroying everything it comes in contact with. I have to reluctantly admit, after playing a Ranger for 80 (plus another 50 or 60 “virtual” levels) that the Warrior is just a plain better class all around. Better damage (by a huge margin), much better survivability, more versatility.

It’s a shame, too, because I played a Hunter for 8 years in WoW, a Ranger for a couple years in LotRO, and stopped on my bow/pet (Ranger) Rogue in Rift to come here. The GW2 Ranger is just a plain worse ranged damage dealer than both the Warrior and the Thief, and the unique class feature (the pets) have actually steered me AWAY from wanting to play the class rather than being a selling point – especially after a few dungeon runs where no matter what I did my pet was downed with the swap on cooldown basically all the time. (I was a progression raider in WoW for 8 years as a Hunter – believe me, I know how to micromanage a pet – well, at least one that functions properly when you push the buttons to control it).

Good luck, guys, I hope good changes come sooner than later. Until they do, my Ranger is shelved.

in Ranger

Posted by: Duncan.7294

Duncan.7294

See <Sarcasm> above

in Ranger

Posted by: Dejavu.3507

Dejavu.3507

I just have to say that as a Guardian/ Thief user, I’m sorry rangers. I really hope they fix your weapons so they are actually good. I made a ranger and soon deleted it once I played with the weapons, which were all boring (it’s like they rushed making this class and didn’t think things through). I hope patches soon will make you a more viable class

Best of luck

:)))))))) You know, in every mmo it’s all the same about rangers. I loled reading this again. I’m a new ranger here and people are again sorry about our condition. I’ve heard the same in WoW from DKs, rogues and warriors when i was a hunter. In swtor from Marauders, assasins and opers playing a commando. And now i hear it again here in GW2 – nice. It’s so funny that rangers in most mmos sux. Seems it’s time to roll in melee classes and revange for all the pain

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

So is there going to be no patch this week? You would think they would throw a band aid on one of our other weapons to help us out while they work on the actual fixes for the class…..they aren’t going to fix the class are they….

Maybe they found that rangers were the least likely class to spend money in the cash shop because of the flower and unicorn legendary bows. Seriously how much of the playerbase is girls really?

I keep forgetting about these.

They really don’t care about the Ranger do they.

in Ranger

Posted by: Deep Star.6541

Deep Star.6541

Definitely switched from Ranger to Mesmer on tPvP @ my group. And another funny fact was that i was doing tPvP for around 3 hours and saw only 2 rangers in 2 different fights against pick-up-groups.

Riviére, Select Start, Cmnd Ctrl, Uninteresting Event @ Three Steps Ahead [Oz]

in Ranger

Posted by: Himei.5379

Himei.5379

You forgot 2 other important point,
- Lie to your player base about an “animation fix”

and when the player base figures it out, proceed to

- Tell it’s player base that we’re playing the game wrong.

Those are two VERY big no-nos.

in Ranger

Posted by: CRrabbit.1284

CRrabbit.1284

After watching the bot train(nude rangers+bears) at queensdale for 20 mins, I finally realized that this nerf is actrually a re-design: There are totally 7 classes and 1 bot class. Then it make perfect sence that bot class deserve a nerf, maybe even harder.

in Ranger

Posted by: teviko.6049

teviko.6049

The whole flaw with the concept of ‘spamming 1’ isn’t the intended way to play the game.

Oh really?? So why are there CDs on 2, 3, 4, 5 then?

If 1 wasn’t our go-to attack, then why the CDs on everything else???

The fact that QZ and 1* is a nice source of ‘burst’ damage from rangers isn’t anything special in the grand scope of things. Warriors do it with 100 blades, thieves with PW (HS or BS) and mesmers with blurred frenzy. We all have a ‘go-to’ attack when we hit that magical quickness buff, it really come down to why we use it,

Warriors do it because otherwise 100 blades is too slow for the time immobilize keeps you stationary for them to complete the entire damage chain. Same for PW (not so much blurred frenzy though) and BS.

Also, with 2, 3, 4 and 5 on the SB is that they are all one time attacks. It’s not a channeled skill like PW or 100 Blades, or even rapid fire (LB 2*). However, crossfire was the only reliable DPS rangers had, and while it seems cheap that was the ‘only’ skill they used to perform their combo, it really IS the only choice a ranger had.

And then A.Net swooped in an ‘fixed’ something that didn’t need fixing, yet keeping all the stuff that is broken with the class in the game. Like OBSTRUCTIONS and the fact that out pets CAN’T ATTACK AND MOVE AT THE SAME TIME!!!!!!!!!!