Ranger SB Nerf: Not 40 milliseconds

in Ranger

Posted by: Vorkk.4927

Vorkk.4927

After watching the bot train(nude rangers+bears) at queensdale for 20 mins, I finally realized that this nerf is actrually a re-design: There are totally 7 classes and 1 bot class. Then it make perfect sence that bot class deserve a nerf, maybe even harder.

I really hope you’re being sarcastic…

in Ranger

Posted by: MrLee.6892

MrLee.6892

LOL SIGH

Update – October 15th 2012
We’ve updated the game for routine maintenance only. No content changes were include

in Ranger

Posted by: Skyer.8234

Skyer.8234

Now i’m sure rangers is dead and i can move to another class

in Ranger

Posted by: Vorkk.4927

Vorkk.4927

My ranger was only missing it’s legendary at this point but since there has been no update nor have we received any news from Anet, I started a warrior tonight. I will play it until I find another game with another company that may treat its player base a little better.

in Ranger

Posted by: kiranslee.4829

kiranslee.4829

Almost 800 posts and nothing. Sad.

in Ranger

Posted by: terrorshard.3854

terrorshard.3854

They must know the ranger is under performing. I trust Anet will make Rangers viable like they were in beta. Not sure who gave the feedback to make rangers not do damage because they have a pet.

in Ranger

Posted by: Alcyon.7098

Alcyon.7098

Anet, this thread has the most post (754 right now) compared to every other class.
Don’t you think it’s time to do something ??

in Ranger

Posted by: ChillyChinaman.6057

ChillyChinaman.6057

My ranger was only missing it’s legendary at this point but since there has been no update nor have we received any news from Anet, I started a warrior tonight. I will play it until I find another game with another company that may treat its player base a little better.

And the day this happens, the people of the world will lay down their weapons and join hands in peace and brotherhood.

Seriously, I’ve gamed for the majority of my childhood, and I sorry to say I know of no such game or company. Company are about turning a profit first, pleasing their fans second. If they could make money without keeping us happy and make it easier on themselves, they would do it in a heartbeat. Once you’ve paid your money you’re nothing to them, unless it’s a monthly subscription game, I’ve never played one of those.

At this point, I’m waiting for the mods to do a mass shutdown of the Ranger subforum since most of the threads are complaining about one aspect of how we’re broken or another. Would be funny to log in and see the page empty and whine free. It’d be funnier to see how long that would last. To see if any cared enough at that point to post again.

In closing, as you can all see I’m in a crappy mood and am venting whining on the internet.

in Ranger

Posted by: Lorien.9107

Lorien.9107

I have stopped playing the game since last monday when the patch was comming out.

I kinda lost interest to play a different class like to warrior, after they killed my ranger.

in Ranger

ChillyChinaman.6057

Sorry to double post, but I forgot to add this:
Here is the number of bugs(by number of posts in their bug thread) of each profession:

Warrior: 30
Engineer: 146
Elementalist: 166
Thief: 190
Ranger: 202
Mesmer: 220
Guardian: 258
Necromancer: 570

A few things stand out here:
-Necromancers have almost three times the average of the other classes number of bugs.
-Warriors have 1/5 the bugs as the next least bugged class.

What this says:
-Assuming that Anet does plan on fixing these bugs, forget class balance, it seems that they have been unfairly prioritizing Warriors. This results in power skewing toward that profession since it is working closer to 100% as intended.
-Necromancers have the biggest reason to complain. However, only 6/26 first page threads are about Necro specific complaints. This is in contrast to Rangers who have 20/26 being complaints.

For the other professsions:
Elementalist: 7/26
Engineer: 7/26
Guardian: 1/26
Mesmer: 4/26
Thief: 6/26
Warrior: 3/26

in Ranger

Posted by: Qaletaqa Hania.2598

Qaletaqa Hania.2598

Took a couple of days to get debugging in on this. It is in fact a 40ms difference which equates to about 7% less damage when spamming 1. We made this change because it was creating some animation bugs to leave it where it was. It was also encouraging just spamming 1 which isn’t the most fun gameplay. If our data shows shortly that shortbow is now not effective we can certainly address that, but would do so by improving other skills on that weapon rather than by reintroducing the spam on 1 and the bugs that it was creating.

I thought about this a bit more and played a bit more on my shortbow ranger and i’m “spamming” 1 just as much as then, well I don’t spam it as much because we can’t. Instead of using it 125 times a minute (480ms) maximum, we now only use it 115.38 times per minute (520ms).

What i’m saying is that I don’t use the other skills more because of the change that was made. I only use Crossfire less.

Reintroducing the “spam” on 1 will not happen because it never went away. The only thing that was done is make the shortbow ranger less effective. The animation glitch wasn’t fixed but “moved”, after the “fix” we’ve been having issues with Quickness skills and Anet got alot of “hate”.

So what has this “fix” brought us? Less DPS, unhappiness, hate, frustration and controversy.

in Ranger

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

Why are they basing damage balancing changes on things like “It was also encouraging just spamming 1 which isn’t the most fun gameplay” or animation glitches? I hope this is not the new trend for how they intend to balance classes for competative pvp.

in Ranger

Posted by: Alex Sentarou.8059

Alex Sentarou.8059

I don’t know how to quote, so i copy/ pasted the next text.

“Sorry to double post, but I forgot to add this:
Here is the number of bugs(by number of posts in their bug thread) of each profession:

Warrior: 30
Engineer: 146
Elementalist: 166
Thief: 190
Ranger: 202
Mesmer: 220
Guardian: 258
Necromancer: 570

A few things stand out here:
-Necromancers have almost three times the average of the other classes number of bugs.
-Warriors have 1/5 the bugs as the next least bugged class.

What this says:
-Assuming that Anet does plan on fixing these bugs, forget class balance, it seems that they have been unfairly prioritizing Warriors. This results in power skewing toward that profession since it is working closer to 100% as intended.
-Necromancers have the biggest reason to complain. However, only 6/26 first page threads are about Necro specific complaints. This is in contrast to Rangers who have 20/26 being complaints.

For the other professsions:
Elementalist: 7/26
Engineer: 7/26
Guardian: 1/26
Mesmer: 4/26
Thief: 6/26
Warrior: 3/26"

I’ve read somewhere that Jon Peters plays a warrior. I’m not sure if this is true, but assuming it’s true, then to me it’s very clear that he unconciously or conciously puts more effort into fixing the bugs on warrior then on any other profession.

Anyways I hope ranger gets fixed soon.

in Ranger

Posted by: TakaEagle.9486

TakaEagle.9486

Disappointed. Ranger is the ONLY class i actually enjoy and Anet has gone and made it unviable. Now i’m stuck trying to figure another class and just cannot match the awesome mechanics of the ranger. Honestly, you’d think after such a large proportion of the community complaining about these nerfs, they would fix it or at least attempt to :/

S H U N P O [TS]
Sea Of Sorrows Commander

in Ranger

Posted by: laquito.5269

laquito.5269

I really hoped that Anet would atleast fix the QZ bug, so that rangers are halfways competitive in PvP again, but it seems like the ranger is going to be just the same as in GW1 – a broken class. I rerolled a thief for PvP just to see what its like to be a top tier class and man… I can only laugh whenever I face a ranger. They can try literally anything to kill me, but they won’t – either I steath away when I’m low on health or I burst out my skills and kill him within seconds, while his pet is just standing there watching him die. Was this really your intention, Anet?

PvE is still kinda laid-back playing as a ranger unless you hit the 60 – 80ish areas. I don’t know if its intentional that mobs will almost always completly ignore your pet and attack you instead, but why the kitten is my drake able to hold their aggro, while they’ll completly ignore my bear? I don’t quite get the sense behind that dps-bound aggro. Not to mention the tons of times I hit “Call of the Wild” and my pet randomly starts attacking the nearest mob or when it was trying to find its way back to me and pulled every mob there is.

The class really needs some revising, especially the pets, but honestly I don’t see that coming in the near future, this reminds me too much of GW1 ranger.

Retired GW2 Player

in Ranger

Posted by: Fred FuzzyNuts.1274

Fred FuzzyNuts.1274

Hi,
Since arena net clearly won’t listen to us for the sake of making the game fair and fun, how about we try this instead.

I’m offering $500USD for the return of my short bow that was fun.

Roll short bow back to it’s un-nerfed state, and you will have:

1. Restored many of the 70,000 viewer’s faith in your ability to listen to the community.

2.Removed some of the fear that is now spreading that you will just nerf every character we play into pathetic and broken professions , after we invest our time and money into it.

And with customer faith restored and fear removed, those customers will yet again not be afraid to invest real money into your game again.

As an act of good faith I promise to buy $500USD of gems in the event of Ranger Short Bow being returned to it’s state prior to 7th of Oct patch.

And I have no doubt that even tho they may be wary for a while many will return to buying gems with this done.

I refuse to buy gems after having my only fully functional weapon on my main nerfed, I chose ranger because it is under powered so I’d avoid being nerfed when i finally get a legendary weapon.

So with that^ in mind:
76182views even if only 25,000 are individual players and each spends $100USD at Gem store per month(like I do), then that is 2.5million USD lost revenue.

Sincerely,
A Frustrated Customer

in Ranger

Posted by: LostSeraph.4289

LostSeraph.4289

While I would have like to see some sort of compensation for having reduced speed, like a higher chance of getting the combo finisher instead of 20%, it made me change my whole build to something less than paper machine gun.

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Wulfrim.4793

Wow….. 16 pages on this thread because of one nerf?
Rangers are babies.
It was a week ago they nerfed it. They said there was not going to be a update this week because of the halloween event. The next scheduled update is 10/22 and for some reason people are crying because it wasn’t changed this week? Makes no sense to me. Go back to other MMO’s and realize there are updates every MONTH rather than week and I’m sure you will come right back to this one. Rangers still really aren’t that bad. The same ranger plays on my tPvP team as did two weeks ago and he still performs his duties to the key.

Ever heard of the straw that broke the camels back?

Our weapons are crap, our Pets are bugged, lackluster utilities and our support might as well be non existent even if it doesn’t die. We stuck through it because Shortbow gave us something to work with, we at least had a build that did some damage and if played well could kill something, we could use that while we waited until they got round to fixing the Ranger. Instead of fixes we got a nerf to our Ranger and was lied to about it. Now the Ranger has nothing, our hopes that Anet knows what they are doing and are a decent company died with it.

If they had no plans for a patch this week then maybe they shouldn’t have released a bug ridden patch nerfing the only good thing about one of the classes the week before.

in Ranger

Posted by: Keisuke.8546

Keisuke.8546

Nerfing crossfire did not stop rangers from spamming 1. Even nerfed, it is still the Rangers best source of damage. Anet put us on a place where we are forced to deal with this huge power loss, even when skills 2-5 are reworked, the dps will still be coming from the 1.. but don’t worry.. they fixed that animation problem.. the one person who saw it must be really happy now!

Obstructed!! ~(°o°~)

in Ranger

Posted by: Alcyon.7098

Alcyon.7098

Funny thing, i’ve seen a huge group of Warriors bots this morning, usually it’s was Rangers but even bots manager seems to have reroll lol

in Ranger

Posted by: Wulfrim.4793

Wulfrim.4793

Wulfrim.4793

Wow….. 16 pages on this thread because of one nerf?
Rangers are babies.
It was a week ago they nerfed it. They said there was not going to be a update this week because of the halloween event. The next scheduled update is 10/22 and for some reason people are crying because it wasn’t changed this week? Makes no sense to me. Go back to other MMO’s and realize there are updates every MONTH rather than week and I’m sure you will come right back to this one. Rangers still really aren’t that bad. The same ranger plays on my tPvP team as did two weeks ago and he still performs his duties to the key.

Ever heard of the straw that broke the camels back?

Our weapons are crap, our Pets are bugged, lackluster utilities and our support might as well be non existent even if it doesn’t die. We stuck through it because Shortbow gave us something to work with, we at least had a build that did some damage and if played well could kill something, we could use that while we waited until they got round to fixing the Ranger. Instead of fixes we got a nerf to our Ranger and was lied to about it. Now the Ranger has nothing, our hopes that Anet knows what they are doing and are a decent company died with it.

If they had no plans for a patch this week then maybe they shouldn’t have released a bug ridden patch nerfing the only good thing about one of the classes the week before.

Do you realize the time it takes to implement a change in a MMO? Quite a bit. Considering they release a patch every week that doesn’t leave much time for testing. They have a tight schedule to work with and if things are really more than they intended it will be fixed. This game will be out for YEARS. Stop whining over two weeks. Other games release a patch that breaks a class and players have to wait a MONTH before that patch was ‘taken back’ Like I said ranger still performs just as well as other classes. Tell yourself its a skill problem, the problem being your lack of it, even if you believe different. It sure as hell will make you a better player than telling yourself the class is broken and nothing can be done about it.

Kara Bune – Elementalist 80 – Tarnished Coast
Katniss Shade – Necromancer 80 – sPvp rank – 29
Emma Wolfsbane – Thief 80 – Looking for Guild

in Ranger

Posted by: Vialator.4981

Vialator.4981

This nerf hasn’t stopped me spamming 1- I still spam it and the so called “fun” is now less then when I really was having “fun” with my ranger!
I don’t think anet knows what they are doing and I have lost faith in this company delivering a solid product – I for one wont touch another game or expansion from this company!
As time goes on and another mmo comes out- people will move onto that!
I for one will sooner go play Star wars the old republic when it goes F2P in the next month or so!

Huh?

in Ranger

Wulfrim.4793

Um. Wulfrim, your posts are coming across as rude and antagonistic. Neither qualities are contributing anything to this thread. Maybe instead of calling posters babies, telling them to l2p and to not to be so negative, you could shed light on your experience of playing a ranger before and after the stealth nerf of 7th October.

Many thanks.

I apologize, I received rude replies so I replied with rude responses. You can take babies as an insult if you wish but I don’t know how else to compare it. Babies whine and cry when they don’t get what they want right away. That’s exactly how people are acting. It seemed like a fitting analogy.

Before hand we had a ranger, shortbow/axe/warhorn trap condition ranger on our tournament team. His job was to neutralize bunkers with a ally, steal svanir/chieftain and take down the enemy lord. Before the patch him and one other were able to take down bunker guardians very quickly. After the patch he can still take down bunkers very quickly. He can still roam effectively and intercept other roamers and take them 1v1. He can still steal svanir and chieftain. He can still solo all the lord monsters with a 1 defender. I don’t know what else you want me to say? There is little/no difference in his performance and ability to do what is needed in our tpvp team after the patch. Are the numbers smaller? Maybe, but the traps still apply a lot of conditions, shortbow still applies a lot of conditions and he can still solo like the best of us.

in Ranger

Posted by: Aethersong.5189

Aethersong.5189

I apologize, I received rude replies so I replied with rude responses. You can take babies as an insult if you wish but I don’t know how else to compare it. Babies whine and cry when they don’t get what they want right away. That’s exactly how people are acting. It seemed like a fitting analogy.

Before hand we had a ranger, shortbow/axe/warhorn trap condition ranger on our tournament team. His job was to neutralize bunkers with a ally, steal svanir/chieftain and take down the enemy lord. Before the patch him and one other were able to take down bunker guardians very quickly. After the patch he can still take down bunkers very quickly. He can still roam effectively and intercept other roamers and take them 1v1. He can still steal svanir and chieftain. He can still solo all the lord monsters with a 1 defender. I don’t know what else you want me to say? There is little/no difference in his performance and ability to do what is needed in our tpvp team after the patch. Are the numbers smaller? Maybe, but the traps still apply a lot of conditions, shortbow still applies a lot of conditions and he can still solo like the best of us.

I wouldn’t argue that rangers are an incapable class. When I do sPvP, I am often times at top of the team. Also, in tournament settings, I feel like I can contribute. That is not to say this change to the short-bow is unnoticeable for I noticed it and was impacted by it immediately. Both the decrease to damage and conditions is very evident. You talk about your teammate in Pvp, but have you yourself played ranger significantly before and after this change?

I am getting off track, however. The origin of this thread was in regards to the “animation fix”. As I attempted to explain before, this is what I believe is one of the key reasons why this thread has as many posts as it does. When people read about this “animation fix” initially, me included, we were under the impression that this would not have a large impact on game-play. However, in actuality, the short-bow nerf could be felt quite substantially. People thought this was an unintended side effect of the “animation fix,” but we later learned that it was code name for a nerf the devs had performed. Presently a nerf falsely as an “animation fix” did not sit right with many people.

In addition, people are also trying to find out about a nerf to the interactivity between QZ and crossfire. However, even after this many posts, not a single comment in regards to this has been made by a dev. Thus, people are beginning to question if this is yet another intentional nerf.

(edited by Aethersong.5189)

in Ranger

Wulfrim.4793

@Wulfrim
I wouldn’t argue that rangers are an incapable class. When I do sPvP, I am often times at top of the team. Also, in tournament settings, I feel like I can contribute. That is not to say this change to the short-bow is unnoticeable for I noticed it and was impacted by it immediately. You talk about your teammate in Pvp, but have you yourself played ranger significantly before and after this change?

I am getting off track, however. The origin of this thread was in regards to the “animation fix”. When people read this initially, me included, we were under the impression that this would not have a large impact on game-play. However, in actuality, the short-bow nerf could be felt quite substantially. People thought this was an unintended side effect of the “animation fix,” but we later learned that it was code name for a nerf the devs had performed. Presently a nerf falsely as an “animation fix” did not sit right with many people.

In addition, people are also trying to find out about a nerf to the interactivity between QZ and crossfire. However, even after this many posts, not a single comment in regards to this has been made by a dev. Thus, people are beginning to question if this is yet another intentional nerf.

I personally have only played ranger in spvp after the nerf. I performed fine. This is a issue about rangers ability because it seems the large majority of people who posted on this forum are saying “Rangers cant do anything now” rather than “Area net nerfed us when they said they were fixing a animation issue” In fact the majority of threads on page 1 are “Rangers cant do anything now”

in Ranger

Posted by: Thyya.1307

Thyya.1307

Um. Wulfrim, your posts are coming across as rude and antagonistic. Neither qualities are contributing anything to this thread. Maybe instead of calling posters babies, telling them to l2p and to not to be so negative, you could shed light on your experience of playing a ranger before and after the stealth nerf of 7th October.

Many thanks.

You formed an opinion based on one sampling size? This is MMO, it’s for the mass. The class was not overpowered before, you hardly see rangers on top of scoreboards, and the nerf was uncalled for. Just suck it up and use trap build? is that the best advice you can offer?

in Ranger

Posted by: Aethersong.5189

Aethersong.5189

If you played ranger before the nerf, I believe it would be easier to understand the grievances held by many players.

For many players, myself included, short-bow was our primary weapon of use and our go to source of damage. Thus, when Anet nerfs one of rangers primary source of damage with the reasoning of “We don’t want you to spam 1 because it isn’t fun,” there is bound to be some backlash.

I can agree with you to an extent, however. The people saying that rangers are dead and useless are being overly dramatic, but such thoughts stem partly from the less than perfect nature of many of parts of the ranger such as their defining mechanic, the pet. To many, the short-bow was one of the things that was in a good place with ranger, and thus, in addressing the ranger class as a whole, this nerf was a step in the wrong direction.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

@ Wulfrium

You don’t play a ranger so stop talking like you’re an expert. I don’t want to hear about your friend in tpvp.

The ranger community is angry because they ninja nerfed a made-up glitch (even though we have a huge bug list that hasn’t been touched) to nerf the sbow for being played the way we are forced to play.

I would much rather be a GS/longbow ranger but they nerfed those and forced all players into a sbow + warhorn/axe.

RIP in peace Robert

in Ranger

ChillyChinaman.6057

Taking the majority of these forums and saying its the entire ranger community is a terrible idea. People only come on these forums to say something negative. Look at every classes forum, they all have a ridiculous amount of negativity. The people who are skilled are generally in the game being skilled. Enjoying the class. There is nothing wrong with ranger, there is definitely something wrong with you(the negative community).

Ummm…Hello? Yeah, you might have missed my post, so I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt. but the other professions are not as negative as the ranger community nor are there as many complaints. On average the other professions had as of last night 5 complaint threads on the first page of 26 threads. Guess how many are on the Ranger page? 20/26. So I guess that the majority of the rangers out there, you know the the 2nd most played class after 2 weeks of release, are all bad players. Or maybe, they have some game breaking bugs that should’ve have been fixed before the dev team started, “balancing” the game.

in Ranger

Posted by: Bornthisway.4609

Bornthisway.4609

I’d just like to add my voice to the cacophony of stunned and disappointed rangers. We didn’t have many options and diminishing one of our only viable ones with no good reason, thinly veiling it behind a “bug” that somehow nobody saw, is just dishonest and clearly poorly thought out. I heard good things about Anet before I started playing this game, I hope a lot more disappointment isn’t in store for me.

in Ranger

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

Whine more then rangers. Whine more. I’m sure it will fix all your problems. -rolls eyes- OH wait that patch they said they weren’t going to do this week didn’t happen even after all the whining? I’d say lesson learned but clearly it’s not.

It is not surprising to see players complain when their class gets nerfed. It was surprising that Anet decided to stealth nerf rangers though, I don’t really understand that part.

Putting aside the lying from the company reps related to this nerf, don’t you think it is disturbing that the devs are balancing class damage based on animation glitches and whether they suddenly deem a weapon skill that they spent years designing now “isn’t the most fun gameplay”. Don’t you think classes should be balanced more on a thorough analysis of damage/burst/control/mobility compared to other classes?

in Ranger

Posted by: Prev.4879

Prev.4879

Wulfrim, you opinion is noted. This thread is probably teetering on the brink of being closed. So far it’s been remarkably flame free. Maybe open another thread on your thoughts about ranger players?

in Ranger

Posted by: Fayte.1803

Fayte.1803

Holy crap, 16 pages and still no response from arena net? I stopped playing my ranger a week ago and left the forums alone in hopes stuff would be straightened out, guess I was mistaken…..aw well back to warrior then.

in Ranger

Posted by: saurus.8290

saurus.8290

well i must agree with ANet that we rangers that was using sbow was spamming 1 most of the time

but its becouse we chose to play condition dmg and thats one of 2 skills that does conditions

now they “fixed” some bug that never happened to me in about 400hours playtime

and totaly destroyed condition rangers dps from 16 stacks of bleed to 10 stacks

sure it would be ok if you revamp the other sbow skills to be more usefull/ do more dmg

in Ranger

Posted by: Vizual.3504

Vizual.3504

Honestly, i think Anet is really busy with the 22 october update, they will have to lauch Paid tourny, “arenas” and halloween event (we all know how great GW events are :p).

I got hope for this update, i think they will fix many bugs for all classes and even buff the ranger. (They want to lauch paid tourny with good balance).

I already started to learn engi in pvp, and if they dont do anything i’ll just either stop the game or play my engi.

in Ranger

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

Whine more then rangers. Whine more. I’m sure it will fix all your problems. -rolls eyes- OH wait that patch they said they weren’t going to do this week didn’t happen even after all the whining? I’d say lesson learned but clearly it’s not.

I’m absolutely ashamed this person is on Tarnished Coast – Moving on though, people have every right to be frustrated by a nerf which was built on a lie and it is uncomfortable because what else will they lie about in the future? Take your vile attitude back to your own thread please.

in Ranger

Posted by: Vizual.3504

Vizual.3504

Y and couse they are busy and have to fix many things they decided to nerf something without care to give an alternative. I guess they found the time. Gj again

I dont think they will revert this s h i t fix honeslty, but we can hope for a fix on QZ and some buffs.

in Ranger

Fayte.1803

I must say I’m a little annoyed, instead of working on “special” events Anet should knuckle down and focus on addressing the issues of the game instead of pouring resources into seasoned events, we must agree that time could be better spent, events are great and everything but when its introduced to a game in this current state its just asking to create more problems. :/

in Ranger

Posted by: Targren.6073

Targren.6073

Seriously, I’ve gamed for the majority of my childhood, and I sorry to say I know of no such game or company. Company are about turning a profit first, pleasing their fans second. If they could make money without keeping us happy and make it easier on themselves, they would do it in a heartbeat. Once you’ve paid your money you’re nothing to them, unless it’s a monthly subscription game, I’ve never played one of those.

I’m not sure if you’re a fan of ARPG/Diablo-likes, but Runic Games (Torchlight/Torchlight II) does actually make it a point to try to keep both of those focuses (foci?) in balance, to the level where the actual devs and even the president of the (small) company post on the official forums and engage in conversations, rather than the pre-packaged and pre-approved “press-release” spin-doctoring we get from ANet.

in Ranger

Posted by: arji.7192

arji.7192

Atm i dont care to revert it. Atm i am asking to fix the class.
Do u know why i am at the forums and writing? Couse i dont have fun to play anymore to play the class that i chose. I only log to do the daily…
And the main poin is not that i reduced my playtime at 1/4 is that every day that passes my fun factor drops 10%.
Even if they fix something some time in the future i will not want to log in simply couse i ll have no fun till then.

in Ranger

Targren.6073

Holy crap, 16 pages and still no response from arena net? I stopped playing my ranger a week ago and left the forums alone in hopes stuff would be straightened out, guess I was mistaken…..aw well back to warrior then.

We did get a response. It was basically “Yeah, it turns out that it was a damage nerf, but repeatedly using your single passable DPS skill wasn’t the sort of ‘fun’ play we want to promote. Tough cookies.”

in Ranger

Posted by: soren.6918

soren.6918

After thinking about this nerf for a week or so, I have decided the reason they did it was because they saw a majority of rangers using the same or similar builds. They nerfed the damage to force players into playing a different build. The problem is there really aren’t any other viable builds.

in Ranger

Targren.6073

soren.6918

After thinking about this nerf for a week or so, I have decided the reason they did it was because they saw a majority of rangers using the same or similar builds. They nerfed the damage to force players into playing a different build. The problem is there really aren’t any other viable builds.

Pretty much. Now they just see a majority of rangers playing the same or similar build, but less effectively because it’s still better than any of the other options. Brilliant, isn’t it?

in Ranger

Fayte.1803

""Took a couple of days to get debugging in on this. It is in fact a 40ms difference which equates to about 7% less damage when spamming 1. We made this change because it was creating some animation bugs to leave it where it was. It was also encouraging just spamming 1 which isn’t the most fun gameplay. If our data shows shortly that shortbow is now not effective we can certainly address that, but would do so by improving other skills on that weapon rather than by reintroducing the spam on 1 and the bugs that it was creating.""

Found the post they made a few pages back, nice to know that they get to decide what is fun for us with their “data”, ….I really don’t have anything else to add, I mean it annoys me to no end at how they will just drop a nerf and pretty much lie to us about it being a fix for an animation that no one has even seen… I mean the speculation is they did this to diminish botting…..and what did the bots do they switched weapons…. If your going to nerf a move that is the basic foundation for most ranger builds then give us some kind of buff to compensate, how about pets being able to hold agro on ALL mobs? I mean jesus it won’t effect PVP at all, no one will scream OP if it only as an effect on PVE, do this and you will have many happy rangers since so long as your pet is tanking properly your DPS output with the shortbow wouldn’t make much difference.

in Ranger

Posted by: kharza.3974

kharza.3974

Many thanks.

That is because that is the only build that didn’t get nerfed.. and it is the only build that rangers can play to be competitive in sPvP. The issue is the lack of options. How many different builds can the other classes play in sPvP and be effective? Rangers have 1.. the build your teammate is running.

in Ranger

Posted by: arji.7192

arji.7192

To the dude that said that a warrior finished him with 9k killshot (and he might erased his post or got deleted like a previous mine) i can only say : you should dodge the killshot and let him finish u with something else.

in Ranger

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

First of all, thank your for your feedback. But as this thread is going out of hand, it is now closed. Please remember to post in a constructive way, and in a respectful tone.

Thank you for your understanding.