Ranger Short bow Build/Trait for PVP and PVE

in Ranger

Posted by: Blkbulletx.5947

Blkbulletx.5947

Hey i was wanting to get some feed back on this video of me explaining how i play a ranger, for both PvE and PvP so any help or some good criticism would be awesome.

Thanks

Aisenma
Guild leader of Amnesia
A Stormbluff Isle Guild.

in Ranger

Posted by: deepwinter.9015

deepwinter.9015

Watched your video and had a good laugh at the lack of talent points. You should consider renaming the title of the video “Ranger PvP: No Traits Build!”

Anyhow, onto the constructive criticism!

Your builds are only slight deviations from the “classic” glasscannon builds, with focus mainly on range and “fighting in the back.” You’ve runed and traited for Protection and Signet of Stone to protect you from burst-damage dealer classes. You seem to imply that you’re focused on team and group efforts and not on soloing/roaming. If this this the case, I think you’re one the right path for how you want to play your Ranger!

I would not, however, consider this build a very strong One-verses-Many due to your lack of Toughness and other defensive stats, traits and utilities. Any character under 1500 Toughness ends up as fodder for other YouTubers in their PvP videos.

In your PvP build, I would strongly encourage putting 5 points into Beastmaster for the Pet Swap Quickness. Its incredible for stomps!

I’m also not sold on your choice of runes. I see what you’re trying to go for with the Protection, but is 1 second really enough to warrant a whole set of these runes, especially since you’re not applying Burn?

That’s all I have for now. Best of luck out there!

Azhandris – Sylvari Thief
Tarnished Coast

in Ranger

Posted by: Blkbulletx.5947

Blkbulletx.5947

deepwinter thanks for the feed back to kinda redeem my self with this i usually do run with a group in WvW my guild consist of well rounded warriors, guardians, mes, and eles so burning becomes almost a necessity, but i agree on the +5 in the beastmastery and will be changed asap, runes will aso be changed but as the full set of SE basically the +burn and the toughness was a big eye opener so i will def consider looking at some others what would you suggest? and in my pvp set i hit about 1.6k toughness all together with the signet of stone.

So once again thanks and hopefully yuou will get back to me and, i hope to get some feed back on my pve as well =D

Aisenma
Guild leader of Amnesia
A Stormbluff Isle Guild.