Ranger Signet Question - SotH

in Ranger

Posted by: Jugglemonkey.8741

Jugglemonkey.8741

Just a quick question about Signet of the Hunt: If you trait for the active effect to also affect you, and then use rapid fire, does it increase the damage of the first arrow or of all of them?

My understanding was that as it’s the next attack, it would be the first arrow. I get the impression from people talking about the patch notes that it affects the whole attack though, just a bit confused.

Critical Kit, Thief.
Don’t follow me, unless you enjoy being chased by angry men with sticks.
Power Build Condi Build

in Ranger

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Just the 1st arrow.
What most people are talking about after the update is using the Signet of the Wild active damage bonus, it lasts for a time and not just 1 hit.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

in Ranger

Posted by: Someday.3650

Someday.3650

Only 1 arrow but you can choose when. I usually wait till the channel bar from RF is almost at the end and pop it, that way I’m doing more damage just from vuln stacks.

(edited by Someday.3650)

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

take Predator’s Instinct , use Rapid fire > end of channel hit soth + pet f2 feline snow leapord(you and pet hit for 160% damage because of predatory hunter when Instinct triggers on the targets 50%hp)

it becomes a Rapid fire that can Cause long term Cripple , if its used when they are at 75%hp it could burst them below 50% apply cripple , pet damage gets buffed apply the Pressure with Melee no Escape unless they blow utlities or defense skills.

in Ranger

Posted by: Jugglemonkey.8741

Jugglemonkey.8741

Ah, thank you everyone, I must’ve missed that SotH is changing to a timed thing in the ready up ^^

@ Zenos: Thanks for that tip, I will give that a look when it’s not 3am and I’m unable to sleep :P

Critical Kit, Thief.
Don’t follow me, unless you enjoy being chased by angry men with sticks.
Power Build Condi Build

in Ranger

Posted by: Criminal.5627

Criminal.5627

Just the 1st arrow.
What most people are talking about after the update is using the Signet of the Wild active damage bonus, it lasts for a time and not just 1 hit.

did they say it would have an active period? I didn’t see it anywhere.

Giant spiders of the world are just misunderstood creatures, they love to snuggle too.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

its 30secs, so you can stop auto attacking , like just after a stealth from huntershot, or when hidden in plain sight triggers , as long as you don’t auto attack you can activate Soth during stealth get the pet to do some pressure damage so you can move away a little .

the pet won’t have the buff anymore but you will for 30secs , so you can go into a combo attack during this time Period.

its much more Flexiable than having to prep it or waste it on the first attack.

in Ranger

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

Just the 1st arrow.

did they say it would have an active period? I didn’t see it anywhere.

SotW has always had an active period, 8 seconds of enlargment (25% bonus dmg).

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

in Ranger

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

I just hate the fact SotW makes me so big. I stick out like a sore thumb in fights with it on, so I fear with rangers becoming better DPS in the patch, we might just get focused like necros in Lich Form rather than ignored due to already-weak damage/burst.