Ranger WvW -Video (Enjoy)

in Ranger

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

Hi, I finally got around to recording some WvW footage of my ranger.

http://youtu.be/imPsk-Q5LqM

Hope you enjoy.

Shortbow and Axe/Torch setup.

Hope it helps people understand a ranger better.

• You should be able to watch in 720p HD

Guest Staring Onamuk [TRx], great to team with held his own.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

(edited by Sol.4310)

in Ranger

Posted by: Zanatic.7386

Zanatic.7386

Very nice. Can you post your build here to? How do you fair in PVE/dungeons?

in Ranger

Sol.4310

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in Ranger

Posted by: Jay.3284

Jay.3284

There you go folks…we are saved. We are no longer the most underpowered class. All we needed we to learn to play.

Most of the people he played were generally bad.

Dungeon Master 8/8 | Fractal 50
80Rng – 80Wa – 80Thief – 80Grd – 80Ele – 80Engi – 80Necro

in Ranger

Posted by: awge.3852

awge.3852

@Sol: clapping right now at your performance, wow you got some good survival moves, truly fearless. I can tell what build you’re using just by looking at your playstyle, very impressive. I like to use traps/shortbow/greatsword combo with gray wolf and fern hound. Why? because I never really mastered axe/warnhorn especially in tight spots like the ones you found yourself in. I like how you used rampage as one exactly when it was needed, however I would have gone icetrap if I were you, I need to take another look at the video to figure out why you prefer mud field. Back to why I use traps? It helps keep the enemy at bay, first if they get too close I pop them with a stun, bang them full of traps, block their immediate next attack and start raining down bolts with my shortbow. Use wolf fear and my traps are back up. Your skills rotation however is quite adaptive and well excecuted, kudos! Take note rangers, especially if you like your axe/warhorn combo

Mon Fils — Favorable Winds [Wind] — Blackgate
Ranger’s guide to PvP/WvW: http://tinyurl.com/oht3e9z

in Ranger

Sol.4310

@awge thanks mate, reason I use Muddy Terrain, I get way better crowd control out of mud the recharge (24) and duration (20) are really good and they combo with bonfire from my axe (bonfire does 4,644 without stacks in 1 sec + 448×8 if they stand in it) so mud really helps that skill also helps me keeping people at bay as it keeps crippling them if they try to run throw it.

You combo my pets skills with mud you can keep players stuck in place for ages while you stack the conditions and heal up.

Reason I use drake hound he has 3 ccs, and spider has 2 with a poison combo field.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in Ranger

Jay.3284

Jay, care to explain how they are “generally bad” players. Clearly your a pro so lets hear it.

Be shame if your claiming due to fact I’m ranger and beating players they have to be “generally bad”.

0:51
- Thief spamming heart-seeker? Overall terrible play from the thief
- Ranger wasn’t a natural lvl80
- Mesmer wasn’t a natural lvl80
3:40
- Necro running around with staff spamming auto attacks and placing bad marks. Also he was undergeared or didn’t have a proper spec, virtually doing no damage on you with his axe
- Guardian seemed completely unsure who to target what to do. Using his healing skill near death, and overall bad decision making. Also getting kited pretty easily.
-Warrior barely looked at you. But his fight with the engineer was so one-sided. He was constantly kited and didn’t seem to have any idea what to do verse it.
6:13
-Same lackluster Guardian and Warrior are back with a new (Glass cannon?) Warrior rifle, and an staff Ele that didn’t do much
8:20
-When you killed the Ele, which was probably one of the only ones in your video portraying skill, you won the battle. The other two ran off (leaving the Ele to a 2v1 fight instead of a 2v3) constantly back-pedaling.

TL;DR

Majority of the people in the video you portrayed were playing like it was PvE.

in Ranger

Sol.4310

@Jay, Mate i deleted my post cause your a forum troll going by your history and there is no need for being negative, mate I clearly out played them.

So no more posts here please.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in Ranger

Posted by: YumCHA.8706

YumCHA.8706

WvW will never prove any worth of skill when it comes to PvP. Why? Player’s will range in terms of skill from terrible to mediocre to perfectly skilled.

To truly analyse ones skills and abilities when in control of a specific class verses another specific class, a Dueling system must be made that is determined in player’s skill level. That is if both players are in the same skill level, then the duel would be severely balanced, which would result in a great fight to watch.

WvW does not depict this idea. It is a zerg fest, meaning the more numbers you have, the better the chances to win. There is no skill involved in that situation.

Rangetastic, 80 Ranger | Archers United [ARC]
Sea of Sorrows

(edited by YumCHA.8706)

in Ranger

Jay.3284

@Jay, Mate i deleted my post cause your a forum troll going by your history and there is no need for being negative, mate I clearly out played them.

So no more posts here please.

No duh you out played them. They were bad. That’s my point. People of equal skill would of made the outcome of the fights much different.

Edit: Also for future reference, don’t be so quick to label someone a troll because they have a different outlook on something than you.

(edited by Jay.3284)

in Ranger

Posted by: Toma.6874

Toma.6874

Do not misslead people here. Ur build meant to be a spvp build and u are using a worse version of it. This is the best way to go (if u are using axe+torch my personal favourite ).
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fMAQNAV3fnAVkFchF+VgaZgY9QQEaQtHZSSn/VYWlMqKA;TsAgyCuo+y8l4L7Xuvkft+YEyWAA

No doubt the best way to WvW is with the LB the only place where it is actually good.

in Ranger

Sol.4310

@Toma, lol huh.

Just so you know my build was designed for WvW with PvE items, big part of my build has to do with the food I use which can’t be used in SPvP.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

(edited by Sol.4310)

in Ranger

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

WvW will never prove any worth of skill when it comes to PvP. Why? Player’s will range in terms of skill from terrible to mediocre to perfectly skilled.

To truly analyse ones skills and abilities when in control of a specific class verses another specific class, a Dueling system must be made that is determined in player’s skill level. That is if both players are in the same skill level, then the duel would be severely balanced, which would result in a great fight to watch.

WvW does not depict this idea. It is a zerg fest, meaning the more numbers you have, the better the chances to win. There is no skill involved in that situation.

Silliness at best.

A. No matter how even you think combat should be with a “dueling” system it’d still be governed by other things. Player Classes for example, Or my personal favorite..Sheer bloody luck.. "Oh look, I crit at the most opportune time.. and thus won the fight.. Not based off skill mind, But bloody luck of the dice. You will always have factors that come into play in any type of PvP game…

B. WvW as a zergfest is a cop out for bads who want an excuse for losing….. You want to test yourself in PvP, How about give yourself a chance to be Ajed while you’re in an intense fight with someone else.. .. We didn’t have a dueling system in DAOC for 8v8, and some of the best fights ever in that game was being Overwhelmed and coming out on top. I’ll happily take that over a “dueling” system any day of the week.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in Ranger

Posted by: xPraks.5096

xPraks.5096

I don’t get why everyone tries so hard to make the video look bad. Most people in this part of the forums always try to turn PvP videos with rangers look bad. They are so obsessed about how the class “sucks” that they have to give 100 excuses on why the video was unfair or bad or w/e stupid excuse they find. So much negativity in general here.

But anyway, video was great, enjoyed it. Hope you post more Sol. And ignore the trolls.

in Ranger

Posted by: Moddo.7105

Moddo.7105

I don’t get why everyone tries so hard to make the video look bad. Most people in this part of the forums always try to turn PvP videos with rangers look bad. They are so obsessed about how the class “sucks” that they have to give 100 excuses on why the video was unfair or bad or w/e stupid excuse they find. So much negativity in general here.

But anyway, video was great, enjoyed it. Hope you post more Sol. And ignore the trolls.

Because people like OP try and play off how good a ranger is and people just need to L2P. “Hope it helps people understand a ranger better.” Maybe that was not his intent but it could well be interpreted like that. Look at the Asura Ranger videos someone has posted lately. Most people are saying good job, why because he found a way using pain inverter a race ability to actually play decently in WvW.

in Ranger

Sol.4310

Cheers Mate, yeah I’m back out recording had some killer battles so far.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in Ranger

Posted by: theATLBraves.8957

theATLBraves.8957

Hi, I finally got around to recording some WvW footage of my ranger.

http://youtu.be/imPsk-Q5LqM

Hope you enjoy.

Shortbow and Axe/Torch setup.

• You should be able to watch in 720p HD

Guest Staring Onamuk [TRx], great to team with held his own.

Hey Sol, what kind of equipment are you running with this builf? I am interested in testing it out

in Ranger

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

They’re actually telling the truth, even if it’s harsh. The people who he faced aren’t 80 and also aren’t very good in WvW. But does this matter? no.

in Ranger

Posted by: brandon.6735

brandon.6735

I agree with jay that a lot of those pplz were bad but I’m not saying you suck Sol. You are a great player and you need to keep these videos going.

Guardianhipster
Thiefhipster

in Ranger

Posted by: Rekuja.6318

Rekuja.6318

This doesn’t really prove anything Sol :\ most of those guys seemed clueless, especially the Mesmer and Guardians lol.

As of right now, everything a ranger can do, other classes do it better… that’s not a very good approach to the class and ArenaNet really needs to come out and say “Ok we screwed up, here are some drastic buffs”

Range build? – make a Warrior, they do it 10x better… hell, even a Thief and Rifle-build Engineer are better than Rangers at “Ranged” right now, that’s pretty sad.

Melee build? – lol… go Thief and spam 2 buttons, more results.. go Warrior and utilize the amazing GS/Hammer or GS/Axe builds…

Pets? – why kitten yourself… go play a Necromancer or even better, an easy-mode Mesmer, just pretend your images are “pets”.. pets that don’t run around like kitten AI not knowing what to do.

Ranger is probably the worst class in this game, they need to make some drastic changes.. especially in the Longbow/Shortbow and Spirits department.

Remember kids, my opinion… don’t take it personal.

in Ranger

YumCHA.8706

@Xsorus

Yea….. No.

It all comes down to player’s skill and how well he or she controls that class. I’m not being negative nor am I saying Sol is a bad Ranger.

This is the fact. It is the truth in all mmorpg when it comes to PvP.

WvW is not the place to determine ones best skill and ability in PvP simply because of one important factor. The player’s are not competing in the same skill level. It all ranges from bad to average to highly skilled players.

There is nothing silly about this statement. You just failed to see the simple logic.

Sea of Sorrows

in Ranger

Xsorus.2507

@Xsorus

Yea….. No.

It all comes down to player’s skill and how well he or she controls that class. I’m not being negative nor am I saying Sol is a bad Ranger.

This is the fact. It is the truth in all mmorpg when it comes to PvP.

WvW is not the place to determine ones best skill and ability in PvP simply because of one important factor. The player’s are not competing in the same skill level. It all ranges from bad to average to highly skilled players.

There is nothing silly about this statement. You just failed to see the simple logic.

You’ll never find someone in PvP that competes equally with you in skill level.

General Rule for PvP in MMO’s depending on how gear is factored is

Class – Skill – Gear (If Both are equal in gear) – Luck

If say, Class,Gear are the same, Skill will become a factor, and then luck.. It’s never Equal…

That’s a pipe dream.. Where you become better in PvP is overcoming disadvantages in 3 of those areas (all but luck) then if you fight more then 1 person at a time.. that’s when you truly test yourself.

in Ranger

Sol.4310

WvW is my home, I will keep posting more video’s. Lets hope next video I don’t get so much negative feedback.

Had some thrilling battles last night, really tested my limits.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in Ranger

Posted by: crebosh.3548

crebosh.3548

If you don’t want negative feed back don’t make learn to pay style comments for your video.

in Ranger

Sol.4310

Almost all the feed back was uttly stupid. Its like there trolling me. Only people giving me feed back that isn’t being a twat, are people being positive.

I’ll listen when they start posting footage of there PvP, until then there words are meaning less, far as I know they unskilled forum warriors.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

(edited by Sol.4310)

in Ranger

Posted by: nldixon.8514

nldixon.8514

Sol, don’t sweat it. There are a lot of people on the forums who are unhappy with the Ranger profession because they are unwilling/unable to adapt. They tend to vent their frustrations on anybody who has any modicum of success.

I thought it was a good video. Any time you’re out numbered and come out on top in PvP it’s a good win.

in Ranger

Xsorus.2507

Almost all the feed back was uttly stupid. Its like there trolling me. Only people giving me feed back that isn’t being a twat, are people being positive.

I’ll listen when they start posting footage of there PvP, until then there words are meaning less, far as I know they unskilled forum warriors.

It’ll happen, I had a few trolls in my threads, not nearly as bad as yours.. but still trolls never the less.

Most of the comments I got were useful information, and frankly good questions, On why I did something, or why i chose to use such and such.

in Ranger

Posted by: Agadar.4931

Agadar.4931

So according to you, negative feedback is stupid feedback? Don’t be silly. Let’s face it: your ranger wasn’t all that impressive in pvp. Note that I say ‘your ranger’ and not ‘you’. Watching your positioning, targeting, and use of abilities, you seem like an at least above average player. However, the ranger class fails to provide you with the DPS and abilities needed to complement your skill. As a result, your video wasn’t all that impressive. Had you been playing a thief or a warrior, you’d have been owning face.

in Ranger

Sol.4310

@Agadar Please if your going to judge someone on there skill and there play style at least know the person, I have my reasons for playing the ranger.

Also take read of your post and you prove me right about the feedback.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in Ranger

Xsorus.2507

Something is seriously wrong with a class forum when posting a video results in posters whining that you killed other people, and that if only you “played” another class you would of done so much better.

Seriously… I realize the ranger has “problems”…But this Butthurt attitude a lot of you guys take is just silly at best.

in Ranger

YumCHA.8706

To be honest, there was little negative feedback in this thread. What people are trying to tell you Sol is that the players you versed were not very skilled. That does not reflect badly towards you, but in fact the players you versed in WvW. Your control over your Ranger was better than average to most, but those guys you versed were just plain bad.

30 seconds in the video watching that guardian getting faceplanted by your kiting tricks just made me question if that guardian knew what he was doing. Onwards I just see a couple of small skrim pvps where 2 people can’t even CC you properly, again makes me question what the hell they’re doing. So I just stopped there and had enough.

The people in this thread that gave feedback about the players you versed are doing you a favour of whats to expect from the worst of these players in comparison to the more competent ones out there. And trust me, there’s a BIG difference when you verse again’st a very skilled player. Those people you versed in this video, aren’t even close to the same level of competition to what most experienced PvP’ers are like in WvW.

Sea of Sorrows

(edited by YumCHA.8706)

in Ranger

Xsorus.2507

To be honest, there was little negative feedback in this thread. What people are trying to tell you Sol is that the players you versed were not very skilled. That does not reflect badly towards you, but in fact the players you versed in WvW. Your control over your Ranger was better than average to most, but those guys you versed were just plain bad.

30 seconds in the video watching that guardian getting faceplanted by your kiting tricks just made me question if that guardian knew what he was doing. Onwards I just see a couple of small skrim pvps where 2 people can’t even CC you properly, again makes me question what the hell they’re doing. So I just stopped there and had enough.

The people in this thread that gave feedback about the players you versed are doing you a favour of whats to expect from the worst of these players in comparison to the more competent ones out there. And trust me, there’s a BIG difference when you verse again’st a very skilled player. Those people you versed in this video, aren’t even close to the same level of competition to what most experienced PvP’ers are like in WvW.

That can be said about the majority of people in this game when it comes to PvP….I only see a few that are really good players…Some classes are more forgiving to bad players as well..Thieves for example….I’ll say honestly, 90% of them i fight, are just plain awful, yet i see them wrecking other bads..

in Ranger

Sol.4310

@YumCHA, Record some PvP and post it I want to see your skills in action.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in Ranger

Posted by: xPraks.5096

xPraks.5096

I don’t get what people are complaining about here. I fail to see what the problem is. Is it that the people he went against weren’t good enough to kill him? Well no kitten, that’s why it’s recorded. It shows Sol killing people. It’s a PvP video. What freaking MMORPG did you people play where everyone is equally skilled at everything. Sol obviously owned most of the people in the video and I see no reason on why you should complain about it.

in Ranger

Jay.3284

I don’t get what people are complaining about here. I fail to see what the problem is. Is it that the people he went against weren’t good enough to kill him? Well no kitten, that’s why it’s recorded. It shows Sol killing people. It’s a PvP video. What freaking MMORPG did you people play where everyone is equally skilled at everything. Sol obviously owned most of the people in the video and I see no reason on why you should complain about it.

The problem is:

1. More skill in a video = it’s generally better
2. The people he versed were all bad. IE not very skilled NOT HIM.
3. Sol’s OP implied he found this great effective way to play ranger
4. OP and several others are insulting when people say the people he versed were just plain bad.
5. White Knights still trying to say/imply this class is good, balanced and not awful; especially in WvW

in Ranger

Sol.4310

@Jay, Record some PvP footage I want to see your skill.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in Ranger

Jay.3284

@Jay, Record some PvP footage I want to see your skill.

And then as your defensive mechanism, you tell people to “Record some PvP footage”. Shall I just record footage of baddies also, then claim I’m a ranger god because I beat people who had little to no idea what they were doing?

Once again ill try and drill it through your thick skull;
I’m not insulting your skill level, only the level of the people you versed.

in Ranger

Cloud.7613

I think people have a problem with “Hope it helps people understand a ranger better.” because you literally just proved rangers are pretty awful, if you where a thief or warrior those players would have got defeated a lot longer before.

I learnt nothing from your video and like most others, watching this video shows how under powered the ranger is as a class currently.

in Ranger

Xsorus.2507

The problem is:

1. More skill in a video = it’s generally better
2. The people he versed were all bad. IE not very skilled NOT HIM.
3. Sol’s OP implied he found this great effective way to play ranger
4. OP and several others are insulting when people say the people he versed were just plain bad.
5. White Knights still trying to say/imply this class is good, balanced and not awful; especially in WvW

Who’s implying number 5?

in Ranger

Posted by: Sleepy.2647

Sleepy.2647

That’s because this class is good, balanced and not awful in WvW.

I agree many opponents in that video were clearly upgraded 80s or just bad tho. The thing is, people who needs to whine will find a way or another to beat down people who plays and enjoys ranger.

in Ranger

Posted by: nldixon.8514

nldixon.8514

I agree many opponents in that video were clearly upgraded 80s or just bad tho. The thing is, people who needs to whine will find a way or another to beat down people who plays and enjoys ranger.

Agreed. And it doesn’t change the fact that he killed multiple opponents at the same time, even if they were up-leveled.

in Ranger

Xsorus.2507

Agreed. And it doesn’t change the fact that he killed multiple opponents at the same time, even if they were up-leveled.

I have the rule of, If i’m going to include a video in one of my Movies, it has to have 1 level 80 in the fight….Otherwise it gets thrown in the recycle bin.

My first video included me stomping on 2 people at the start of one of the fights, think it was a Guardian and a Thief, I was going to throw that away till the Ranger/Guardian showed up and the Ranger was level 80 (Not that he was any good, I mean he killed himself with QZ+Crossfire off my Confusion) ..But it made it into my video for entirely that reason.

As for ranger being terrible, or balanced..Ranger class clearly has a ton of problems..With a ton of useless abilities.

It is honestly the worst class in the game at this point, and I have no doubt that I would absolutely wreck people probably easier with other classes…

However reason I ended up doing my movie was to show that you weren’t limited to just using bows… ..That Melee Ranger is viable…..When i get around to it, i’m going to try and do a video of me using Muddy Terrain over Pain Inverter for a video instead.. to show it’s even possible to play without the ability.

in Ranger

Sol.4310

@Jay Hows it feel to be trolled. lol

@Cloud, Look I think biggest problem here is people are so hell bent with ranger rage sure we have our reasons, but when they see statement like “Hope it helps people understand a ranger better.” They turn this from a positive to a negative. Its human nature when we hate something we don’t see the good side only the bad side.

E.g. Now its your first week as a ranger you have no real idea what your doing so ya come to ranger forums to find out builds, check out what’s going on, you see video you watch it and guess what “Hope it helps people understand a ranger better.” becomes a positive.

I enjoyed the WvW and wanted to share it, if it doesn’t help you that’s fine each to there own.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in Ranger

Cloud.7613

@Jay Hows it feel to be trolled. lol

@Cloud, Look I think biggest problem here is people are so hell bent with ranger rage sure we have our reasons, but when they see statement like “Hope it helps people understand a ranger better.” They turn this from a positive to a negative. Its human nature when we hate something we don’t see the good side only the bad side.

E.g. Now its your first week as a ranger you have no real idea what your doing so ya come to ranger forums to find out builds, check out what’s going on, you see video you watch it and guess what “Hope it helps people understand a ranger better.” becomes a positive.

I enjoyed the WvW and wanted to share it, if it doesn’t help you that’s fine each to there own.

Put 1 GOOD ranger vs 1 GOOD warrior or actually any other class and you will see the difference in balances. I’m not saying the ranger is bad, I really like mine, but after making a thief, yeah, sorry but the ranger isn’t even remotely as good.

But gear plays a big part in WvW, so vsing low levels and putting them in a video shows pretty poor quality in a video.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sleepy.2647

Sleepy.2647

Put 1 GOOD ranger vs 1 GOOD warrior or actually any other class and you will see the difference in balances. I’m not saying the ranger is bad, I really like mine, but after making a thief, yeah, sorry but the ranger isn’t even remotely as EASY

Fixed.

in Ranger

Posted by: Hurtappl.6405

Hurtappl.6405

I dont care to read this thread.. just wanted to say rangers suck! i main a ranger and everyone does everything better than me but.. somehow i havent lost a 1v1 in structured pvp for over a month wierd huh?

in Ranger

Posted by: Obsidian Blackhawk.1259

Obsidian Blackhawk.1259

Truly amazing job mate. Excited to see what I can bring to the table, when my ranger hits 80!