Ranger and the AMMO system

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

Hello everyone,

It seemed to me that we ended up on the short end of the stick when it comes to the distribution of the ammo system. From what I can tell we did not get any skill on core ranger on druid that is using it.

Perhaps doing a pass through the weaker end of the skill spectrum and adding ammo to them would make them more interesting to use and overall better.

The skills that I would propose be bumped up through ammo (and precedence exists on those skill types) would be throws.

Crippling talon
- the dagger 5 skill is weak at best and pointless at worst. It is 3 seconds of bleed and some cripple on a 15s CD.
- Perhaps introducing it to the AMMO, and placing it at 2 stacks would make it more worthwhile

Path of Scars
- similar logic as with crippling talon, although this skill is better then the before mentioned skill.
- However, this might not need to be a default state, perhaps a secondary bullet would be introduced via Honed Axes trait

in Ranger

Posted by: Krispera.5087

Krispera.5087

I agree for Crippling Talon and make it bounce to 2 targets with that. Distracting Daggers and Throw Bolas have them, why not this ? Since OH Dagger and Torch are in the same Trait, why not make Throw Torch ammo, too ? Trait would give ammo system to both.

I’m still baffled at the pass they have done to Spirit Weapons in Guardian. Not only they get an ammo system, they have a 900 range and a nice AoE. Can be traited to Burn too. 4 charges (traited) on Sword of Justice ? It’s a better (minus radius and fury) Procession of Blades, but at 900 range. Wow !

Yet, we still have point blank Traps that nobody use outside of instances and niche builds. I can see Traps receiving the ammo system, but only if they are throw-able. I mean, if an Engi can send a mortar at 1500 that do AoE pulsing poison and now the Guardian with his Spirit Weapons at 900 range…

Here we are, still struggling to send any kind of AoE at range that is not Barrage or non-damaging Muddy Terrain. At least the potato plant and the carnivore plant will give us that in BeastMode.

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Agree fully. Dagger 5 needs this. Throw Torch and PoS are other excellent candidates.

Traps also could do with the ammo system and/or being made an elite kit so you can have bar compression. I have come around on traps now and do not think making them throwable again really fits the dynamic, but only because I am imagining them as ammo system and them being an elite kit. That would give them enough utility that you don’t need ranged AoE.

Spirits could also get two shots with the ammo system, then you could actually use the active skills.

in Ranger

Posted by: Yakez.7561

Yakez.7561

Most of rangers using full signet power builds. Ammo is to complicated.

But as an ranger with 450h I was really surprised on this patch. Ranger with bows and arrows… and no ammo. While warrior get ammo on kick and SHOUT lol.

Anet logic is the best ever since 2005.

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

But as an ranger with 450h I was really surprised on this patch. Ranger with bows and arrows… and no ammo. While warrior get ammo on kick and SHOUT lol.

It’s ammo mechanic, not actual ammo. This isn’t the Elder Scrolls.

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

I also thought we will get some ammo mechanic on our core weapons. And I think we still may. It’s very strange because I’m almost sure the WP said that some of the classes core skills will get the barrier mechanic which was not introduced this patch. I think there will be additional changes including more ammo mechanic and barrier mechanic on some core skills.

SB 3 also good candidate.

But, how ammo mechanic will work with quick draw?

in Ranger

Posted by: Yakez.7561

Yakez.7561

Add 1 ammo when not full?
Trigger on first non ammo skill? It is already triggering on weapon only skills.

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Trigger on first non ammo skill? It is already triggering on weapon only skills.

Ammo charges have CDs, so it would probably just work as is…

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

LughLongArm.5460

The CD starts after you use all the ammo charges not on first charge. Quickdraw activates on the first weapon skill activation.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kreed.2768

Kreed.2768

I had thought they would add the system to torch and dagger, as they needed sonething to add some more worth to them… Well, maybe there’s still hope and we’ll see something in the patch that will also add the barrier mechanic to some of the core classes.

Lover of longbow rangers.
Party Hard in GW2!
My YouTube Channel!

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

I’d like to see ammo on LB3 and sword3 as well.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

The CD starts after you use all the ammo charges not on first charge. Quickdraw activates on the first weapon skill activation.

Uh, no, it starts as soon as you’ve used a single ammo charge.

in Ranger

LughLongArm.5460

If that’s the case, It’s amazing.

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

I can assure you it is, one of my friends has been playing a spirit weapon guardian since the patch, and another is playing an Axe/Axe warrior with physical skills.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

I agree for Crippling Talon and make it bounce to 2 targets with that. Distracting Daggers and Throw Bolas have them, why not this ? Since OH Dagger and Torch are in the same Trait, why not make Throw Torch ammo, too ? Trait would give ammo system to both.

I’m still baffled at the pass they have done to Spirit Weapons in Guardian. Not only they get an ammo system, they have a 900 range and a nice AoE. Can be traited to Burn too. 4 charges (traited) on Sword of Justice ? It’s a better (minus radius and fury) Procession of Blades, but at 900 range. Wow !

Yet, we still have point blank Traps that nobody use outside of instances and niche builds. I can see Traps receiving the ammo system, but only if they are throw-able. I mean, if an Engi can send a mortar at 1500 that do AoE pulsing poison and now the Guardian with his Spirit Weapons at 900 range…

Here we are, still struggling to send any kind of AoE at range that is not Barrage or non-damaging Muddy Terrain. At least the potato plant and the carnivore plant will give us that in BeastMode.

+1 to this. It would have been nice to have at least crippling talon (dagger 5) and throw torch (torch 4) have an ammo count of 2 and Ambidexterity to increase off-hand torch and dagger skills with ammo by +1 along with all of its current functions.

Traps could have used ammo, too. Even if it was tied to Trapper’s Expertise, I’d take being able to set off traps twice with a short interval on them over condition duration.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

So:
- throw torch (torch 4)
- crippling talon (dagger 5)
- evasive shot (SB 3)
- hunters shot (LB 3)

in Ranger

LughLongArm.5460

I can assure you it is, one of my friends has been playing a spirit weapon guardian since the patch, and another is playing an Axe/Axe warrior with physical skills.

Thanx for info, I also confirmed it myself. Dagger 3 with quickdraw is basically 4 leaps, perhaps healing spring will make a comeback.

in Ranger

Posted by: Aleksander Suburb.4287

Aleksander Suburb.4287

Maybe ranger spirits get the ammo system, but it will not really change the usability of spirits …

Guild Wars balancing concept: Never change a ruined system!

in Ranger

Posted by: EnderzShadow.2506

EnderzShadow.2506

It’s ammo mechanic, not actual ammo. This isn’t the Elder Scrolls.

ooooo another scathing retort!

Shadowbane DarkAges Of Camelot WoW AION WarHammer GuildWars2