Ranger bugs fix 25th aug

Ranger bugs fix 25th aug

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Ranger

Ambidexterity: Fixed a bug that prevented this trait from reducing the recharge of Throw Torch.
“Strength of the Pack!”: Fixed a bug that prevented this skill from displaying the correct icon.
Swoop: Fixed a bug that caused this skill to trigger leap finishers twice. This skill now only triggers a leap finisher when the character jumps toward their target.
Whirling Defense: This skill now triggers multiple whirl finishers over its duration instead of just one.
Healing Spring: This skill now also heals your pet when it is initially activated. Activating or unslotting Healing Spring will destroy all previously existing, untriggered Healing Springs.
Enlargement: Fixed a bug in which this trait’s active skill showed an incorrect recharge when using the trait Brutish Seals. The correct recharge with the trait is 48 seconds.

Nice touch on the Off-hand axe whirling finishers.
now onto warhorn traits please 6 seconds of regen is a lot of hp loss especially when its doubled with Clarons bond.

notes here for bug fixes mostly
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-August-25-2015/first#post5414083

(edited by Zenos Osgorma.2936)

Ranger bugs fix 25th aug

in Ranger

Posted by: Angina.9314

Angina.9314

i guess i need to turn on caps because I STILL NEED TO REFRESH AMBIDEXTERITY TRAIT EACH kitten TIME I ZONE BECAUSE +150 COND DAMAGE FROM THIS TRAIT RESETS. it cannot be fixed or what ? I dont understand how you ANET guys working, really.

Ranger bugs fix 25th aug

in Ranger

Posted by: jewishjoyride.4693

jewishjoyride.4693

That swoop bug fix looks like a serious nerf for power builds that rely on healing spring for sustain. Better news though, HS will heal your pet now.

Overall the patch is just more proof that actual balance patches will resume post HOT release.

Ranger bugs fix 25th aug

in Ranger

Posted by: alvarez.3159

alvarez.3159

My Swoop was that really necessary?

Ranger bugs fix 25th aug

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

3 years to “fix” swoop. Are you kittening kidding?

Ranger bugs fix 25th aug

in Ranger

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

Quick Draw will not reduce the cooldown of Whirling Defense (Axe #5) even if the cast time is reduced with Quickness.

Still needs some love, but thanks for the rest of the fixes.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TVlNqqwNyKEJS_ZrbCkBIVc7MsOxaa-fW7DOegc7LxU/edit?pli=1

JQ Druid

Ranger bugs fix 25th aug

in Ranger

Posted by: Shen Slayer.3058

Shen Slayer.3058

What about condition cleanse, was this fixed on Healing Spring?

Ranger bugs fix 25th aug

in Ranger

Posted by: archiebub.4089

archiebub.4089

So if I swoop into or out of a fire field, let’s say with no target selected.. I won’t get the fire shield? I tried testing this somewhat. I did three attempts swooping from inside a fire field and only got a fire shield once.

Ranger bugs fix 25th aug

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

I would have sworn swoop was meant to have a double leap since it is a 2 part skill….

Still even if it wasn’t why was this prioritized over the other 40ish bugs plaguing the ranger?

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

Ranger bugs fix 25th aug

in Ranger

Posted by: jewishjoyride.4693

jewishjoyride.4693

HS works to cleanse condis.

Ranger bugs fix 25th aug

in Ranger

Posted by: Wuselknusel.4082

Wuselknusel.4082

Whirling Defense: This skill now triggers multiple whirl finishers over its duration instead of just one.

So being rooted for 5 secs must be intended, otherwise they would have changed that while fiddling with this skill.

Ranger bugs fix 25th aug

in Ranger

Posted by: Wuselknusel.4082

Wuselknusel.4082

I would have sworn swoop was meant to have a double leap since it is a 2 part skill….

Still even if it wasn’t why was this prioritized over the other 40ish bugs plaguing the ranger?

You forget, this bug had a grandmaster-level impact on the game. :P

Ranger bugs fix 25th aug

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Quick Draw will not reduce the cooldown of Whirling Defense (Axe #5) even if the cast time is reduced with Quickness.

Still needs some love, but thanks for the rest of the fixes.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TVlNqqwNyKEJS_ZrbCkBIVc7MsOxaa-fW7DOegc7LxU/edit?pli=1

Just move when its channel is almost done. It will recharge with quickdraw then.

Ranger bugs fix 25th aug

in Ranger

Posted by: bloodpyrope.8630

bloodpyrope.8630

Swoop: Fixed a bug that caused this skill to trigger leap finishers twice. This skill now only triggers a leap finisher when the character jumps toward their target.

Wait, can someone test if we seriously need a target for the leap finisher? If so, how is that fair that thieves can still get a leap finisher on an untargetted heartseeker? Please tell me this is just bad wording on their part.

(edited by bloodpyrope.8630)

Ranger bugs fix 25th aug

in Ranger

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

Wait, can someone test if we seriously need a target for the leap finisher? If so, how is that fair that thieves can still get a leap finisher on an untargetted heartseeker? Please tell me this is just bad wording on their part.

Probably just means the final jump that’s performed with or without a target.

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)

Ranger bugs fix 25th aug

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

The Leap Finisher is on the 2nd part of the skill, same as the Evade.

Which means if you start Swoop while standing inside a field, there is a good chance you will run out of it before using the Leap Finishing, so you get nothing.

Maybe Swoop should simply get the double Leap Finisher back, or the Leap Finisher should be on the first part of the skill rather than on the second part.

Ranger bugs fix 25th aug

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Which means if you start Swoop while standing inside a field, there is a good chance you will run out of it before using the Leap Finishing, so you get nothing.

Maybe Swoop should simply get the double Leap Finisher back, or the Leap Finisher should be on the first part of the skill rather than on the second part.

Or they could change the animation so we instantly leap instead of doing the little run at the start. That would help keep it from bugging out on terrain as well.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

Ranger bugs fix 25th aug

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

3 years to “fix” swoop. Are you kittening kidding?

… Do you have any idea what did a 4-leap finisher into a water field?
With Clarion Bond? Or possible additional Warhorn Blast on other weapon set?

I trolled lots of people with Crusader amulet and Remorseless in the build I posted a few days ago. Yes, it used Invigorating bond. And I kept getting up from 3k HP back into 15K. DPS wasn’t high, but if I got below 50% I were hitting 9k Mauls into Guardians.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

Ranger bugs fix 25th aug

in Ranger

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

That’s always been anet’s MO regarding the ranger. Fix the beneficial bugs first, leave the detrimental ones for last. The swoop bug was seemingly an exception to the rule for 3 years.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Ranger bugs fix 25th aug

in Ranger

Quarktastic.1027

As much as I loved the double leap, it was too strong with quick draw. Quick draw allowed you to double leap your water field, giving you 4 leap finisher heals.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Ranger bugs fix 25th aug

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Well, that takes care of some. Cheers to them for some fixes.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Ranger bugs fix 25th aug

in Ranger

Zenos Osgorma.2936

while using the warhorn after the quick patch , seem like Windborne notes got a ninja fix , it is now applying regen correctly at 12seconds with lingering magic.
anyone else confirm?

Ranger bugs fix 25th aug

in Ranger

Posted by: snow.8097

snow.8097

swoop bug was almost a feature, but i knew it would come after i watched eurantiens streams as he used it quite often
and what a but fix occured after 3 years? as long as i can think of the RaO icon on pet was always the LR icon

i bet anet has a big list of known bugs and useless/wrong skill facts they could solve in one patch
but they just pick every few weeks some of them to make the patch notes look bigger xD

Safi/Clio Del Ray |Ranger, Elonas Reach,
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestions-Gemstore-Items/page/31#post4533037
the skrittfinisher was my idea!

Ranger bugs fix 25th aug

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

Exactly my first though aswell, it’s like some unwritten law that you can’t have normal bugfixes on ranger without something taken away.

Ranger bugs fix 25th aug

in Ranger

Posted by: Solandri.9640

Solandri.9640

The problem is if the initial heal from the skill brings you up to full hp, the trap portion which does the condition clear never triggers. They need to either add a condition cleanse to the initial skill activation, or make the HS traps also trigger if you have a condition on you.

Ranger bugs fix 25th aug

in Ranger

Justine.6351

They did a similar nerf to Warriors LB auto-attack that would give 2 100% projectile finishers when traited. So warrior condi LB could drop even a tier1 combustive shot on themselves and put out base 2sec burning. They “fixed” it to 20% per arrow. Come specialization patch, now warrior lb gets free 1200 range and a traited lb that puts out 2sec burning with no condition(pun) to meet.

Ranger bugs fix 25th aug

in Ranger

Posted by: Shen Slayer.3058

Shen Slayer.3058

The problem is if the initial heal from the skill brings you up to full hp, the trap portion which does the condition clear never triggers. They need to either add a condition cleanse to the initial skill activation, or make the HS traps also trigger if you have a condition on you.

So bascially…healing springs is still garbage.

Ranger bugs fix 25th aug

in Ranger

Zenos Osgorma.2936

no its just no instant Condi clear on a group scale what other heal skill gives Condi clear+6-12k regen for 8seconds while clearing all condis plus a water field which can be blasted to clear condis.

its not Garbage at all , its now Different more balanced and Stronger when Traited.
with other sources of regen we now have timber/windborne notes / oakheart ect we can easly survive without the Trap portion of the skill triggering.

plant>heal>build maintains Regen and 2-3 Survival skills for Condi removals you won’t always need the Hs condi clear which now its role has changed from personal use to group use and need more thought on where to plant it so it does get Triggered by other players.

(edited by Zenos Osgorma.2936)

Ranger bugs fix 25th aug

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Yes

Ranger bugs fix 25th aug

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

no its just no instant Condi clear on a group scale what other heal skill gives Condi clear+6-12k regen for 8seconds while clearing all condis plus a water field which can be blasted to clear condis.

its not Garbage at all , its now Different more balanced and Stronger when Traited.
with other sources of regen we now have timber/windborne notes / oakheart ect we can easly survive without the Trap portion of the skill triggering.

plant>heal>build maintains Regen and 2-3 Survival skills for Condi removals you won’t always need the Hs condi clear which now its role has changed from personal use to group use and need more thought on where to plant it so it does get Triggered by other players.

Zenos, they are talking about the bug part of the skill.
If the trap heals you to full HP (which it often does) no condition cleanse will activate unless you move your bloody feet out and back in to the trap trigger circle.

So yea, in it’s buggy state, it’s garbage.
Much less opposing to it’s former bug without healing the pet, but still clunky.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

Ranger bugs fix 25th aug

in Ranger

Posted by: Tskales.2804

Tskales.2804

They still need to make pet names permanent.

That has gone unfinished since launch.

“I’m sure glad that A-net is spending the 20 minutes or so that it would take to remove
the hobosack on making more important additions to the game.
Like golden pigs for the gem store” – Gern.2978

Ranger bugs fix 25th aug

in Ranger

Posted by: TheFantasticGman.9451

TheFantasticGman.9451

That’s fixed. Tested myself with We Todd Ed jungle stalker.

Speaking from a PVE-only point of view…

Ranger bugs fix 25th aug

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Just tested it myself and pet names haven’t saved when swapping out. Sure you don’t have a Jungle Stalker as an underwater pet as well?

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Ranger bugs fix 25th aug

in Ranger

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

Doesn’t seem to be the case for me. Did you perhaps have the Jungle Stalker slotted into your Aquatic Pet slots?

Unfortunately, I would imagine that they have no system in place for remembering the names of unslotted pets. Making a system for it would take manhours, not to mention that the names would have to be stored either on ArenaNet’s own servers (which could add up in regards to filesize and data transfer, though admittedly not very much) or on the client’s computer (which could, potentially, open things up to abuse in the case of particularly clever individuals). As much as I’d love to have all of my pets’ names saved, I don’t foresee it ever happening. Would delight in being proven wrong, though.

The class is always greener on the other side.

Ranger bugs fix 25th aug

in Ranger

Quarktastic.1027

Doesn’t seem to be the case for me. Did you perhaps have the Jungle Stalker slotted into your Aquatic Pet slots?

Unfortunately, I would imagine that they have no system in place for remembering the names of unslotted pets. Making a system for it would take manhours, not to mention that the names would have to be stored either on ArenaNet’s own servers (which could add up in regards to filesize and data transfer, though admittedly not very much) or on the client’s computer (which could, potentially, open things up to abuse in the case of particularly clever individuals). As much as I’d love to have all of my pets’ names saved, I don’t foresee it ever happening. Would delight in being proven wrong, though.

After 3 years, I wouldn’t get my hopes up.

-BnooMaGoo.5690

Ranger bugs fix 25th aug

in Ranger

Posted by: Tskales.2804

Tskales.2804

Temporary pet names are like Engineer’s hobosack.

“I’m sure glad that A-net is spending the 20 minutes or so that it would take to remove
the hobosack on making more important additions to the game.
Like golden pigs for the gem store” – Gern.2978

Ranger bugs fix 25th aug

in Ranger

Posted by: Arpheus.6918

Arpheus.6918

Pets F2 skills don’t priorize the rangers party which is very lackluster in WvW especially since even the ranger himself doesn’t get the pets buffs in a zerg. I played support ranger yesterday in a Zerg by using the red moa for good fury uptime and the blue moa for the nice protection but I very rarely got it even if the moa was definitely in the range. We had a 30-50man zerg and only if I stood exactly next to my moa (nearer than others) I got the buffs.
My team members which I wanted to buff mainly hardly every got any boon from my moa.
So it seems that the party priority for buffs was forgotten for ranger pets. I really ask you to fix this since thats pretty important for support rangers to be viable in WvW.
Pets which come to mind for party priority:
Red Moa fury, blue Moa protection, Brown Bear condition removal, Birds swiftness, Jungle Stalkers Might, Fern hound
Oh and Pig family buffs which are dropped to the ground can be taken by enemies which is pretty fail in WvW.
Would be nice if you could fix these bugs until HoT.

Ranger bugs fix 25th aug

in Ranger

Posted by: Solandri.9640

Solandri.9640

Pets F2 skills don’t priorize the rangers party which is very lackluster in WvW especially since even the ranger himself doesn’t get the pets buffs in a zerg.

It gets worse. Pet buffs prioritize players over the pet. So not only does the ranger and his party not get the buffs, the pet doesn’t either.

This really needs to be fixed IMHO. If AOE buffs affected everyone in the AOE, then it wouldn’t be a problem. But because they’ve arbitrarily limited AOE buffs to just 5 players, those buffs must prioritize (1) the player, (2) his party, and (3) his pet, before going to other players or pets.

They created this problem themselves with the 5 player buff limit. The game shouldn’t have shipped without the buffs prioritizing in the order I’ve listed.

Ranger bugs fix 25th aug

in Ranger

Posted by: TheFantasticGman.9451

TheFantasticGman.9451

Just tested it myself and pet names haven’t saved when swapping out. Sure you don’t have a Jungle Stalker as an underwater pet as well?

Ohhhhhhhhhh, maybe that’s what it is. I’ll check again when I get home after I get done fixing a faulty 110v outlet.

Speaking from a PVE-only point of view…

Ranger bugs fix 25th aug

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Pets F2 skills don’t priorize the rangers party which is very lackluster in WvW especially since even the ranger himself doesn’t get the pets buffs in a zerg.

It gets worse. Pet buffs prioritize players over the pet. So not only does the ranger and his party not get the buffs, the pet doesn’t either.

This really needs to be fixed IMHO. If AOE buffs affected everyone in the AOE, then it wouldn’t be a problem. But because they’ve arbitrarily limited AOE buffs to just 5 players, those buffs must prioritize (1) the player, (2) his party, and (3) his pet, before going to other players or pets.

They created this problem themselves with the 5 player buff limit. The game shouldn’t have shipped without the buffs prioritizing in the order I’ve listed.

Agree. This should be classified as a bug, and as such be posted in the rather big thread about ranger bugs in the bug section of the forum.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Ranger bugs fix 25th aug

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

All pet buff skills should affect the pet and Ranger by default before counting the 5 players. My $0.02.

Ranger bugs fix 25th aug

in Ranger

Posted by: Arpheus.6918

Arpheus.6918

All pet buff skills should affect the pet and Ranger by default before counting the 5 players. My $0.02.

Absolutely agree on that and if they think that can’t be done at the very least make it Player + pet + up to 4 other players/pets.

Ranger bugs fix 25th aug

in Ranger

Justine.6351

With 10 man instances inc I’m not sure that would even be the solution.

No cap, fading buff based on distance? Guess zerg stacking would abuse ranger Pets…the glory!

Ranger bugs fix 25th aug

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

With 10 man instances inc I’m not sure that would even be the solution.

No cap, fading buff based on distance? Guess zerg stacking would abuse ranger Pets…the glory!

Yeah, you would only need half a dozen Rangers in a zerg to maintain 25 might, fury, swiftness and regen on everyone haha. If only.

I suppose they could just change the cap while in the raid content, I wonder if they could do that specifically for instances, so the skills scale with the content.

The only places a 5 target cap is needed is in WvW and PvE Boss events where it would be totally OTT to have unlimited.