Ranger build with 4-5 2k bleeds?

in Ranger

Posted by: Ranger Emeritus.2905

Ranger Emeritus.2905

Want to know where I can get one of these. Fought one several times who had no problem winning 1v2 with duck snort kills on any zerker ranger who happened to be with me. I run a stealth trapper and the other a kind of hybrid with perp runes both having around 3k armor and still couldn’t last more than a minute. He ran a S/A with a leech sigil is the only weapon set I am sure of. Conditions also didn’t seem to stick to him. Thinking of making a 3rd ranger if I can find the build. I tried to contact him but he did his business and was gone every time. Never have lost a 2v1 to another ranger until yesterday. Several times. In under a minute.

in Ranger

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

What is a duck snort kill?

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

S/A is a weird weapon choice for condi. He may have been celestial with MoC and EB? Or melee trapper with the axe to pull you into trap? Need more info.

in Ranger

Posted by: Deepfreeze.1048

Deepfreeze.1048

What do you mean by 4-5 2k bleeds?

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Trying to decipher your post I feel is the first issue we need to address….

From what I can understand the information you’ve given is:

- You use a Stealth Trap build
- You, plus a random team-mate, who was using some Perplexity hybrid build, went against another Ranger 2v1
- Both you and your team-mate have 3k+ armour
- Your opponent had a S/A
- Your opponent had good cleansing
- You lost many times
- Duck snorting was involved
- Bleeding was also somehow invovled.

Honestly… that’s pretty much nothing to go on.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

What is a duck snort kill?

According to the urban dictionary a duck snort either has something to do with baseball or…

Duck Snort

When a duck does cocaine followed by a can of corn then goes and buys Aflac insurance.

Cookie monster: “Dude did you see that duck snort?”

Elmo: “Totally dude thats one gnarly duck”

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in Ranger

Posted by: ItIsFinished.9462

ItIsFinished.9462

winning 1v2 with duck snort kills

Anet, please nerf before this gets out of hand.

Oh, and this was the build he was using.

Arrow Slanger »—> »—> »—>
The Never Ending Repertoire of Ranger Builds
Salt of the Earth {SALT} Crystal Desert© ~~Dragon Rank~~

in Ranger

Ranger Emeritus.2905

Duck snort. I can see many have never been to the country which is why I put in. Think of a duck taking a dump. All the info you need are what I saw if you had ever run across the bleeds and the speed he takes out zerker rangers. You don’t need to know what I was running on my 2 different rangers or who was running with me. It was a simple question. If you haven’t seen it fine. Neither have I. You don’t need to list how far you missed the point of the question.

in Ranger

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Was it on blackgate server?

in Ranger

Posted by: hyjaxxx.1584

hyjaxxx.1584

Any decent Condi based melee ranger can kill a zerker ranger in 6-7 seconds. The trap based builds have very little stun mitigation or Condi removal..and if their duck snort is on cool down….its all over with…lol

I’m interested in taking a peek at the build of the ranger youre talking about though.

Whoajaxx the Ranger
Re-Port331,331R,DD331,Re-portV
Currently looking for wvw guild@henge

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

I’m thinking it was a/d rather than s/a and the dude was using one of the big dagger skins that look like a sword.

in Ranger

hyjaxxx.1584

Aren’t daggers held the reverse way though? Should be able to tell, no?

And fluff, it sounds like the guy was probably running a s/t a/d Condi Gen build eh?

Whoajaxx the Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

I’m reading this as 4-5 ticks of bleeding at 2k per tick.

So with decent condition damage (guard killer stacks, corruption stacks, etc) that’s about 14 or 15 bleed stacks.

Splitblade does 5. Sharpening stone utility gives you 5. So if he uses sharpening stone and hits the full splitblade, that’s 10. Then some combination of keen edge, sharpened edges, geomancy sigil, and sigil of earth should get the other 4 or 5 stacks pretty quickly. Entangle or spike trap could also fill the gap quickly. Pets can add bleed stacks as well, but they tick for less damage so you need to get more than 14 or 15.

Oh… and duck snort is OP

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Aren’t daggers held the reverse way though? Should be able to tell, no?

And fluff, it sounds like the guy was probably running a s/t a/d Condi Gen build eh?

Ya that makes a lot more sense. He said s/a so I assumed that was a single weapon set. And ya daggers are held backwards, but clearly OP isn’t good at identifying builds, so I’m reaching. Some dagger skins are made to look like swords as well.

in Ranger

hyjaxxx.1584

Well I know I had a pack of 3 bow rangers chasing me. So I bottlenecked them,entangled,flame circle,drake aoe and axe and all 3 went down at the exact same time and it took about 7 seconds lol…then took much joy in stomping them.

As far as I’m concerned if you’re going to waste time running a bow…your other set better be s/d so you can get the hell out of dodge before I close the gap…hehe

Whoajaxx the Ranger

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Ironically I think bow rangers are one of the few specs that are able to defeat condi rangers. Weird dynamic. Condi rangers hard counter like 85% of LB rangers, and yet LB obliterates condi at times.

Good balance by anet honestly.

in Ranger

hyjaxxx.1584

For sure fluff. Ive played a few classes to 80 and wvwd with them and imho the ranger has the largest disparity between skilled and unskilled players. I think that’s why we see some builds that are perhaps sub par are able to squeek a win out every once in a while.

Whoajaxx the Ranger

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Well LB 1v1 is definitely not subpar. It’s the doofuses that are playing it since the buff.

in Ranger

Ranger Emeritus.2905

Thank you for the replies. I have never run into one in the 2 plus years I have been in WvW. I went into a fight with this guy thinking it was 2v1 seconds later I have a problem. It was 4 consecutive bleeds all over 2k plus a 5th sometimes or a 1k bleed follows. He is on SF, I move my accts around to learn and got schooled. He gave me that lesson while I am currently on BP, although I call FA home. There are some very talented roamers on SF.

in Ranger

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

2/0/6/6/0 → shed condis like crazy and have great condi dmg.
Dire Gear
Krait Runes
Sword/Torch & Axe/Dagger
Lynx Pet

Pop lynx F2, pop sharpening stone and splitblade, pop dagger 5, pop entangle. 25 stacks of bleeding and then swap to torch and drop a bonfire. the end.

Also I have yet to meet a single power ranger that has lasted long vs my condi ranger let alone been close to killing me. Most of them run with literally 0 condi removal and don’t hit hard enough to do much dmg before i can close and roflstomp them.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

in Ranger

Ranger Emeritus.2905

OP clearly not good at identifying builds. Single weapon set. Uh what does that have to do with my question? Ranger swoops round. Ranger has retaliation. What does that tell you fluffy? I am not into looking at weapons when I am about to be downed but I do read combat logs which was the whole point of the question. Someone clearly hasn’t xp the fight I had. Also a lot of people esp thieves love to have run a different build like I do to confuse their rivals. I am able to talk to many who admit to that after I get nailed.

in Ranger

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

2/0/6/6/0 -> shed condis like crazy and have great condi dmg.
Dire Gear
Krait Runes
Sword/Torch & Axe/Dagger
Lynx Pet

Pop lynx F2, pop sharpening stone and splitblade, pop dagger 5, pop entangle. 25 stacks of bleeding and then swap to torch and drop a bonfire. the end.

Also I have yet to meet a single power ranger that has lasted long vs my condi ranger let alone been close to killing me. Most of them run with literally 0 condi removal and don’t hit hard enough to do much dmg before i can close and roflstomp them.

Its very very likely that he fought someone with your build. It does all what he described and the bleed ticks are insane when you cant remove them.