Ranger close to perfection??

in Ranger

Posted by: Zagan.7318

Zagan.7318

To those who are still not doing very well in spvp or wvwvw you need to rethink your build/ fighting strategy.

Ever since the December 14th patch I’ve been destroying enemies nonstop, even 2vs1, I use wolf and hyena as pets and they’re doing their job more efficiently than before.

Im a condi/spirit Ranger and I’m having a blast, so you can too. The 25% speed boost gave us twice as much survivability + you have 1200 range on all shortbow skills and up to 1500 range on longbow skills so people cannot run away from you .

If you feel Ranger is underpowered in anyway you are in fact mistaken and you need to rethink your build / strat because the problem is not with the class, it’s with you unfortunately.

There is still some work to be done, I agree on that but atm Ranger is one of the toughest classes around if you know what you’re doing. If you find yourself complaining then YOU are doing something wrong…

Zaganor-Master Ranger
-Black Lion Mercenary Corps. Captain. [MERC]
-Sea of Sorrows

(edited by Zagan.7318)

in Ranger

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

Chill bro. Ranger still needs a lot of work. Was the patch good? Definitely.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

in Ranger

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

Chill bro. Ranger still needs a lot of work. Was the patch good? Definitely.

^
This.

And just as an aside, usually posts like the OP are more helpful if you share your build (just a quick and dirty works) when you tell people they need to rethink/redesign their builds and whatnot.

I’ve been enjoying some pretty good success on my sword/dagger + X build and have shared it a couple times (in the warrior forum once as well) in the hopes that it helps even one person find enjoyment in their ranger.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in Ranger

Posted by: BroScientist.9875

BroScientist.9875

Let me pre-face this by saying I don’t know if it’s because of the patch, or me acquiring one more piece of exotic gear or a new build, or a combination of all three. I have to agree with the OP. I’m doing much much better in w3 post patch. I too won at a 2v1 only for me to quickly escape alive when a third showed up. What helped me greatly is that I realized that you have to switch pets constantly so you don’t get the 60 second cool-down. Pets are much better at sticking with their targets and laying down attacks. I also keep my pet on avoid at all times so he stays next to me. When I am attacking a target I will specifically tell him to attack. It’s not good to just leave him on offensive all the time imo.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sunspots.9861

Sunspots.9861

I think so much of this depends on your mind set. I have been so happy about rangers and completely in shock that everyone isn’t. When I first visited this forum, i was 3 weeks into 80 and loving it both in pve and wvw. Imagine my surprise when not only we’re others not happy, but that we we’re getting an update that would make us better!

I almost feel like if you don’t enjoy ranger in its current incarnation, you won’t like it no matter how they change it, because it must simply be their basic view of the class that you don’t agree with. But that’s fine because there are so many other classes that probably fit you as well as ranger fits me.

Still, I realize the futility of this post. Trying to tell you how great rangers is is like trying to convince a republican to vote for a democrat.

Auburn Skies – Retired- Ranger of [PiNK]
When wvw was still fun feat. [PiNK]

in Ranger

Posted by: Nero.4706

Nero.4706

although the lastest patch did put rangers bak in the playin field. imo, theres still some work to be done. pets are still imperfect and glitchy, spirits drop like flies, dps still sub-par…etc…

in Ranger

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

So do you think you get more from slotting SoH for the +25% speed or using that slot for a different utility and using rune of the centaur (and warhorn) for near 100% swiftness uptime?

in Ranger

Zagan.7318

So do you think you get more from slotting SoH for the +25% speed or using that slot for a different utility and using rune of the centaur (and warhorn) for near 100% swiftness uptime?

of course, you shouldn’t have to change your whole gear just to run fast, I don’t even use war horn because I feel it subtracts dps and the main reason I used it was the much needed swiftness buff. This again is all in my opinion. Maybe you can change those centaur runes to something that boosts your dps or defense now.

Zaganor-Master Ranger
-Sea of Sorrows

in Ranger

Posted by: Fjandi.2516

Fjandi.2516

Nah, ranger sucks. Let everyone thinks so. This way when a thief gets slaughtered by a ranger can only think to himself “omg i got killed by a kittening ranger”.

in Ranger

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

Don’t forget now that pets are slightly improved in their hitting….. that 25% speed increase affects your pet too…. so not only are you more mobile but so are they.

in Ranger

Posted by: ballonsoo.7650

ballonsoo.7650

Ranger pets cant stand under range attack and agony in any dungeon, the word of perfection may only works for WvWor PVP, but not PVE (dungeon)!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Nah, ranger sucks. Let everyone thinks so. This way when a thief gets slaughtered by a ranger can only think to himself “omg i got killed by a kittening ranger”.

That’s probably what that one thief thought when I killed him on my ranger in Deso BL earlier today. Him doing the flip-flop vanish, trademarked CD-combo, HS kiddie-moves and everything and I just shot him to pieces.

But then I thought to myself “Nah, he’s probably some uplevelled noob running his alt”

Rangers still need a lot of fixes bro (but it did feel good to finally smoke a Thief; even if just for once).

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

(edited by Aveneo.2068)

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

This class won’t be near complete until it has SOMETHING that can be used for controllable burst at range, pets can actually be used for something in real WvW (not just roaming solo), and utility spells are meaningful and viable for the class (something as simple as making spirits auras for example).

But when you’re out damage by pretty much everyone (most would love to do 50% damage a warrior/thief did without the pet, but 0 burst and about 25% sustained?) and you can’t get invites to real PvE or PvP because everyone knows your class mechanics are crap, oh well.

in Ranger

Posted by: Anthrage.2519

Anthrage.2519

This is complete nonsense. Rangers will not be even remotely fine until all of their related bugs and broken skills and abilities are fixed…the real problem is not the design of the Ranger, it’s that it DOES NOT WORK AS DESIGNED.

None of us – no one – has played the Ranger as imagined by ANet. That Ranger does not exist. Period. Until it does, no definitive statement except this one can be made about whether they are effective or not…

Given the number of things that are in fact still not working – and that fix attempts such as Lick Wounds and Signet of the Hunt were unbelievable fails – I do not hold any hope for this changing any time soon. I love ANet’s art desiign…I love their ideas…but their execution is quite simply horrible. I’m sorry but the facts do not allow any other conclusion. Until Rangers get an ability that is fueled by gems…we are kitten out of luck my friends.

Ranger Anthrage Stormrider – Sanguine Wild Guild [SW]
sPvP BuildWvW Build
Tarnished Coast Server- Anthrage Stormrider on Youtube

in Ranger

Posted by: Zox.5964

Zox.5964

No profesion is close to perfection, and the rangers certainly still a ways further away than the other professions.

in Ranger

Zagan.7318

This is complete nonsense. Rangers will not be even remotely fine until all of their related bugs and broken skills and abilities are fixed…the real problem is not the design of the Ranger, it’s that it DOES NOT WORK AS DESIGNED.

None of us – no one – has played the Ranger as imagined by ANet. That Ranger does not exist. Period. Until it does, no definitive statement except this one can be made about whether they are effective or not…

Given the number of things that are in fact still not working – and that fix attempts such as Lick Wounds and Signet of the Hunt were unbelievable fails – I do not hold any hope for this changing any time soon. I love ANet’s art desiign…I love their ideas…but their execution is quite simply horrible. I’m sorry but the facts do not allow any other conclusion. Until Rangers get an ability that is fueled by gems…we are kitten out of luck my friends.

Well this might be true…
But I for one rarely loose 1v1 against any class and I usually win by over 50% hp.
Ive tried all sorts of builds, spirits + condition dmg is the most effective I’ve tried so far (even though everyone claims spirits suck I find em amazing, they do need some health increase).
If I can do this by using the so called sucky spirits then you all can too.

Zaganor-Master Ranger
-Sea of Sorrows

in Ranger

Posted by: Diehard.1432

Diehard.1432

Well this might be true…
But I for one rarely loose 1v1 against any class and I usually win by over 50% hp.
Ive tried all sorts of builds, spirits + condition dmg is the most effective I’ve tried so far (even though everyone claims spirits suck I find em amazing, they do need some health increase).
If I can do this by using the so called sucky spirits then you all can too.

Could you enlighten me by sharing your build?

Garuda X, lvl 80 human Siamoth Ranger JQ SEA
[VaL]

in Ranger

Posted by: Sollith.3502

Sollith.3502

Close to perfection… lol no.

While the patch was definitely a step in the right direction, it is still nowhere near where the ranger should be.

There are still so many problems with pets (lick wounds… works like 30% of the time for me… pet has full hp and is not even under attack sometimes; just runs over and stands on top of me and does nothing but troll while my character is bleeding out). Pets make me rage so hard sometimes…

Some of the player abilities and trait synergies need a bit of work still too; hopefully we’ll get there soon.

in Ranger

Posted by: Nurse.1085

Nurse.1085

It’s great you’re enjoying the few fixes we received, but can you imagine how we will be once our class mechanic fully works and the necessary tweaks are made? Regardless, the 14th patch was a step in the right direction but no where near the end of our “bug list.”

Just to refresh your memory :
- Pet survivability needs to be addressed.
- Pet responsiveness is not perfect. It has a little easier time hitting moving targets now but it’s not polished.
- Pet’s F2 cast time’s are too long and feel very clunky and unresponsive.
- Signets need a revamp
- Weapon synergy is lacking
- Sword auto attack still roots the player in place
- Some of our weapon damage needs to be looked at
- Spirits are still worthless
- More here : https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Ranger-Bug-List

in Ranger

Posted by: Eir Jordan.2156

Eir Jordan.2156

This is such nonsense, I honestly cannot tell if the OP is attempting to bait people into responding negatively or genuinely believes what he is saying. Your anecdotal tales about sPvP success are not sufficient to claim a class which is one of the most bugged and sub-par out there is close to perfection. Your claims are a laughable at best and actually offensive to the people that are submitting bug reports and take the time to type out suggestions for future changes to the class.

in Ranger

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Have to say, spirits are not useless- I run with the prot one all the time, and it’s a great thing to see when it kicks in, but they could definitely use a buff.

I play my ranger more than anything else as it suits my style of play, but it really needs a fix for wvw style play. I don’t really have a problem with it in pve, but pets fail horribly in dungeons and agony= splat. wvw against a zerg or when defending a keep, they need to fix damage/pets so rangers have their full damage potential available here not be gimped.

There are so many ways that rangers could be fixed, let’s hope Anet take up on some of the sensible ones and make it a decent class with a pet that doesn’t die in 3 seconds in wvw (try sending an eagle towards a target in a zerg or in a group of 10+ and count how many times it even reaches the target before it’s dead).

Personally I’d like to see an option for a ranger to equip NO PET and instead receive some sort of damage boost, or at least be able to do more damage while your pet is downed- bring back vengeance for when your pet is downed ( a toned down version of IWAY perhaps?).

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in Ranger

Posted by: Arsenic Touch.7960

Arsenic Touch.7960

Another one of those “Rangers are fine, learn to play” threads.
0/10 for effort. Keep in mind, trolling violates anet forum policies.

The projectile speed increase did nothing to address the side step misses. It helped but it didn’t stop them. They did nothing to address the obstructed shots. The pet “tweak” did nothing to address the flawed pet mechanic of stopping to attack, or their survivability. The 25% signet is find and dandy, but the signet use is still garbage, the traits are still screwed up in location and worth. There was nothing to address spirits. Nothing to address the abysmal attack speed of longbow, or the lack of damage to shortbow shots. They still have yet to acknowledge the nerf to QZ + crossfire.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

Dragonbrand – Level 80 – Human Ranger

(edited by Arsenic Touch.7960)

in Ranger

Posted by: blurps.2340

blurps.2340

But the two things you call “fails” made me very happy. They are giant leaps forward in the right direction.

I’m absolutely amazed some players refuse to acknowledge that.

Yes, there still are issues with certain pet mechanics and build diversity, but after the 14th Dec patch these aren’t really worse than what most other classes have to deal with. Pets not hitting moving targets and too much travel time for arrows were the two major issues affecting pretty much every Ranger build and they have been adressed.

More progress especially in the bug fixing department would have been even better, but even so this was pretty much the promissed “Ranger patch”.

in Ranger

Posted by: Abaregi.1659

Abaregi.1659

The 25% speed boost gave us twice as much survivability

If you want to be taken seriously then elaborate on the 100% survivability buff please.
Unless you are straight up lying I have not seen any facts from Anet to prove this.
If you are proven a liar i hope the mods do their job and ban you from the forums.

I look forward to your reply as this buff seems very OP if true.

in Ranger

Posted by: ShinraGuardian.8053

ShinraGuardian.8053

Hey guys! Ofcourse we are doing better! This patch was a buff what do you think happens when something gets buffed? That it does worse?

Dragonbrand
Elementalist
The Dragonfly Effect [Phi]

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Hey guys! Ofcourse we are doing better! This patch was a buff what do you think happens when something gets buffed? That it does worse?

When your buffs were largely quality of life changes it doesn’t mean things got better either.

in Ranger

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

Another “Learn to play” thread. Sorry, Ranger is still one of the worse classes in the game, is it good? yeah, It is good. But compared to the other classes? No.

Why? Because Rangers where either nerfed or nothing happened to them.
Other classes got buffs or slight nerfs.

So the gap went larger and larger, now it’s to large to say Ranger is in a good place. I’m sorry, but all this does is prove you’ve not played a ranger, lol@Original Poster.

in Ranger

Posted by: FireRunner.9481

FireRunner.9481

Thief killed me in less than five seconds last night, using stealth and all sorts of stabs. So no Rangers are not “perfect”. They are not even close to perfect. While the class is better, there are many issues with Rangers (in terms of balance with other classes). We are still the slowest class. We are still on the bottom of the DPS meter compared to many other classes. We still have no escape skills or boost to attack skills (that really make a difference).

We are Rangers. We’re suppose to be fast, agile and sneaky. We are not right now.

80 Asura Ranger – Commander

in Ranger

Posted by: Bloodbath.7084

Bloodbath.7084

True, Ranger is not an “easy” class. I regularly play with my Mesmer, Ele, Guardian and Ranger in tPvP and it is indeed the class that takes the most concentration and that has less options to revert from mistakes made. However, before the patch i could only run tanky builds to be successful against good players and now i feel that i’m way more dangerous.

Right now i’m running with 15-20-20-0-15 with shortbow and sword+horn and i’m just killing stuff left and right while able to escape quickly with sword 2 and lightning reflexes. Using wolf for CC and jaguar for dps. Also using the signet to remove conditions and break stuns and Qz. Finishing people off or saving my mates while changing pet every 20s rocks, now that my SB does decent damage (mix crit and cond damage).

I admit, playing my Mesmer it’s way easier to kill and avoid but i must say my Ranger is now pretty viable.

Yes, there are some issues to be address but overall i’m happy with the latest patch.
A nice step in the right direction.

Vinhas – Ranger (sPvP – WvW – PvE)
Miragens – Mesmer (sPvP – WvW – PvE)
Sorr – Elementalist (sPvP) / A Besta – Guardian (sPvP)

in Ranger

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

When your buffs were largely quality of life changes it doesn’t mean things got better either.

I don’t think you know what you’re saying, lol. Quality of life is something like not having to click twice or not having to spend gold on something or something that gives a convenience rather than an increase on output.

The changes in the Dec 14th patch made a very real and direct change to the output potential from the Ranger class.

- Increasing arrow velocity increases hits, i.e. dps.
– Addressing attack animations of melee pets means more attacks land which increase dps.
– Buffing “Sick ’Em” to do more dps increases dps.
– Buffing Lick Wounds to increase revive rate increases survivability.
– Increasing speed of Signet of the Hunt increases speed to reach or escape targets, i.e. dps and/or survivability.
– etc., etc.

in Ranger

Anthrage.2519

Does our class still need a lot of bug fixes? Yes. Many.

But the two things you call “fails” made me very happy. They are giant leaps forward in the right direction.

I called them fails in the context of the premise of my post, that being, ANet has failed when it comes to realizing the Ranger as designed. Lick Wounds works less often for me now than it used to – I previously had no issue with it’s functionality and use it constantly in WvW.

The signet’s speed buff is fantastic, but the fail is in that they could not even get something a simple as the tooltip right. How closely do you believe things are being surveyed at when something so basic is overlooked? I consider this a fail.

As for the rest, the list of bugs is really extremely long, and some of them are frustratingly simply to fix – at least in theory. My feeling is that our class is not a candidate for serious attention – and it will not be until or unless we make it as important as the parts of this game which DO currently receive that attention.

What I would like to see – at minimum, for me to believe Anet IS serious about Ranger bugs and issues – is an OFFICIAL list of same, with a statement that they acknowledge their specific existence…right now, it’s not only the case that fixes are not done, we do not even know if they are aware or accept the fact of these things being broken. That to me, as a customer, is simply not acceptable.

sPvP BuildWvW Build

in Ranger

Dahkeus.8243

Does our class still need a lot of bug fixes? Yes. Many.

The signet’s speed buff is fantastic, but the fail is in that they could not even get something a simple as the tooltip right. How closely do you believe things are being surveyed at when something so basic is overlooked? I consider this a fail.

Do you have any idea what it takes to create AND maintain a massively multiplayer online roleplaying game?
I mean, by all means, feel free to tell me all about how you’ve been a developer in a game large enough, detailed, and successful enough to win big awards in its genre.

You probably spent about $60 on this game (maybe more, if you really get your jollies from gem store stuff), but you don’t need to spend another cent to get the continued content that these developers are still creating for you. You don’t need to pay a subscription to log in game and you don’t need to throw money at a cash shop to stay competitive in game either.

There is no other game on the market near the success of GW2 that requires only the purchase cost of the game while producing the same massive PvE and PvP content regularly.

So, please, take a reality check before you start peeing in the face of the people giving you more quality game for your buck than anyone else on the market.

And if you don’t think that’s the case? Feel free to stop logging into the game that is now continuing to grant you continued FREE content and spend your time elsewhere.

in Ranger

Posted by: urdriel.8496

urdriel.8496

oh yes, we are invincibles now…..

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/525/gw086m.jpg

in Ranger

Anthrage.2519

Do you have any idea what it takes to create AND maintain a massively multiplayer online roleplaying game?
I mean, by all means, feel free to tell me all about how you’ve been a developer in a game large enough, detailed, and successful enough to win big awards in its genre.

Yes, actually I do.

I could tell you all about it, but that would only serve to help you further cloud the issue. Yes, GW2 is a quality game, very enjoyable and the product of a lot of hard work. None of that changes the facts as they are…and there are things which we have done, which game devs do, which ANet has not and is not doing. A test server is one such thing. I suspect there are others.

I assure you, neither myself nor others who are unhappy with the various issues are ignorant of what has gone into, and continues to go into, Guild Wars 2…but we also are not ignorant of the issues. I can also assure you that ANet is not happy with these issues either…I am absolutely sure they want a quality product and happy, satisfied customers. This is not a case of only 1 thing being true.

sPvP BuildWvW Build

in Ranger

Posted by: Bastionhawk.7120

Bastionhawk.7120

Nothing changed for me personally. I’m still doing really well in PvP. I’ve never had an issue with the class and this patch did not change a thing. A few niceties but that is about it.

I personally think that too many people are calling for too much to be granted/changed to the class. I know there are things here and there that need fixing but the Ranger overall is a mean killing maching imo and experience.

Aauryn | Sylvari Ranger
EJS I | Human Guardian
Tarnished Coast

in Ranger

Posted by: Crona.2509

Crona.2509

owkeliedowkelie :s eum look i’m now with my ranger only @ 45 and i have to say ….. i love the ranger ! , no jk. i kick kitten with my ranger lolz :p it’s just an adjustment to play with that’s all i’f you know how to play video games , then you shall not be grumpy about the ranger that’s all i’m saying ^^ he’s single targeting i know , the spirit’s do kinda sucky sucky , but with my guardian sorry bro’zz but spirit weapons are kinda sucky sucky 2 , the squishyness off elemantalist’s are anoyingly high , hate the necro healing spells and the engineer can only handle 2 weapons , their elixir’s and turrets are also kinda laime :s . so look there isn’t a perfect profession , just pick the one’s you ACTUALY like and love playing with ^^ that’s all . + my ranger build = condition/trap build AWESOMELY GUUUUD by the way (he still looks like robin hood though lolz)
greetz ^^

Cröna/Selïm/Lärsa
Guild Leader of : Final Nightmare (FIN).
aurora glade server ^^

in Ranger

Posted by: DeeSystm.1256

DeeSystm.1256

Short answer……. NO imho

I am a die hard ranger style player, every game, this is the kind of class i play, and it just doesn’t feel like your the sniper you should be, your pet does not ALWAYS fell like a threat, although a nicely timed kd, fear, immobile or some might provided at the right time does really help, and I really really really feel like being a nature/adventure type of class… why oh why don’t we have a condition removal in our own heals??? seriously, that is one of my biggest wtf with the class.

My other big beef being, besides long rang shot and RaO…. wheres a trait or SOMETHING that provides prec, might, fury or even a dmg bonus at x range or something???..(my dream would be x% of crits being unavoidable in some way even over some distance or under/over some anount of endurance or health) warrior is supposed to be a beast at close range and they have all sorts of traits to reflect that, thieves get dmg bonuses for stealth, attacking from behind ect, guard gets the 5% dmg with gs (which i realize isn’t that that important, but still) and other classes get other stuff within the traitlines meanwhile we can shoot a whole 5% further. When it comes to traits for me, it is a choice between “meh” and “meh”

All of that being said, they are in fact getting us closer to my dream ranger, I play basically 99% wvw and a lil pve on low lvl chars to lvl up via dailies. My philosophy on ranger is, your a ranger dude, play range, SoH buff finally lets me “run” around with my sb and lb which has jus changed my life, imo axe/warhorn was jus there to run around and cap the odd camp ect having my sb on backup in case of some actual fighting, then id have to switch up to lb to do what i think i should be doing as a ranger, but alas! no more.

I have full carrion armor 4/6 sup eagle runes and two ruby orbs on the other pieces, full berserker accessories. my traits go 20/30/10/5/5 I know ppl will have w/e to say about this setup but it feels the most smooth to me right now.

I ran wvw for 24/26 hours fri-sat (spend a couple hours bummin around pve at one point running the same build) and honestly noticed a huge difference with my ranger, (I try and be out of danger, drop long range shots and rapid fire, switch to sb when enemies get close to you, dps a lil, escape, back to lb if possible or useful)
Crits on lb in prime situations 2k+ easily, and i’ve hit a few sub 80’s for up and over 5k at times, if I don’t see rapid fire go over 3k i know ive misplaced my timing, you gotta expect a real player to notice they’re gettin slammed and go for dodges ( so you poke em a couple times to let them use up half their dodge)
SoH hasn’t left my bar and Lightning reflexes is in there for a lil escape when needed and i run a spike trap and maybe flame trap to deal with a pesky thieves if need be, maybe even the condition removal or QZ for some good ol quickness, don’t let your pet go into a situation where you wouldn’t send yourself and you have plenty of quickness imo anyways tho.
Place your shots right and play like a RANGER and in wvw ranger is pretty cool where it is right now.

“I came to play.” me
r4420k+ blazetrain

in Ranger

Posted by: angan.6572

angan.6572

Not sure if bad troll or actually serious.

“Hey guys ever since the patch i’ve been stomping nonstop with my sercret super dupper build that i’m not going so share. Rangers is OP LOL ! Nerf plx plox ! "

Funny that you classify a class as “perfect”, especially a class like ranger that you do 10 times the damage with anything else but bows.

> clunky / unresponsive pets
> low damage output
> troll elite skills (especially those Asura golem skills always crack me up)
> useless spirits
and the list goes on.

Yes, the patch was a welcome change / addition to the ranger class, but it’s far from being perfect. If you want a nearly “perfect” class, hop over to warrior / thief forums

(edited by angan.6572)

in Ranger

Dahkeus.8243

Yes, actually I do.

I could tell you all about it, but that would only serve to help you further cloud the issue. Yes, GW2 is a quality game, very enjoyable and the product of a lot of hard work. None of that changes the facts as they are…and there are things which we have done, which game devs do, which ANet has not and is not doing. A test server is one such thing. I suspect there are others.

I assure you, neither myself nor others who are unhappy with the various issues are ignorant of what has gone into, and continues to go into, Guild Wars 2…but we also are not ignorant of the issues. I can also assure you that ANet is not happy with these issues either…I am absolutely sure they want a quality product and happy, satisfied customers. This is not a case of only 1 thing being true.

Oh come on, don’t give me that. After a patch that brings almost nothing but buffs and fixes, you came here to post that it’s a “fail”, citing a missed tooltip. If you’ve ever played any MMO ever, you should know that no class is ever truly fixed. Hell, it was about 5 years before WoW ever fixed the glitch with the mage skill blink that often made them teleport in place or even behind where they were when they cast it instead of teleporting 20 feet ahead like it was supposed to and this was one of the core, most important mage spells in PvP. This also happened in the most highly funded MMO in history, so don’t get all uppity just because we have bugs in a game that doesn’t charge you a sub fee.

Sorry, but just because you didn’t get everything you wanted for Christmas doesn’t mean that it was a “fail”.

(edited by Dahkeus.8243)

in Ranger

Posted by: Zoltar.8912

Zoltar.8912

I enjoy having my +25% speed. I also use a GS as my second weapon, but that’s more for escape and playing around. Using Signet of Stone for some defense, Quickening Zephyr for burst, and Signet of the Hunt along with 5 points in beastmastery giving you quickness on pet swap, you’ll notice that you can kill most classes with short bow or long bow…if that’s your thing.

Zolty [CG] – Sylvari Ranger Commander

in Ranger

Posted by: DaisyRogers.6837

DaisyRogers.6837

I was having a blast with ranger prior to update. Now I am plain out pleased.

Yes there is still some work to be done tweaking things. But both of our latest patches have been huge boons to Ranger.

I am Beast Master Build FYI, so pet survivability has never really been an issue for me. And I melee, so if my pet is getting smashed so am I typically. I press return whenever I need to escape, works like a charm most instances and gives me the few secs I need to swap. Short pet cooldowns on swap are also a huge plus for pet survivability.

Within wilderness survival at 15pts you get 2s protection on dodge roll. This is meant more for your pet then for the ranger. (already have increased endurance regen at this point). Pop off a dodge roll whenever your pet is about to eat AoE (since I melee, its when I am about to get eaten by AoE anyways so it is quite nice).

Ranger was dangerous before, now we are awesome. Looking forward to them working out some of the other builds to bring more to the table, looking at you spirits.

in Ranger

Dahkeus.8243

I was having a blast with ranger prior to update. Now I am plain out pleased.

Yes there is still some work to be done tweaking things. But both of our latest patches have been huge boons to Ranger.

I am Beast Master Build FYI, so pet survivability has never really been an issue for me. And I melee, so if my pet is getting smashed so am I typically. I press return whenever I need to escape, works like a charm most instances and gives me the few secs I need to swap. Short pet cooldowns on swap are also a huge plus for pet survivability.

Within wilderness survival at 15pts you get 2s protection on dodge roll. This is meant more for your pet then for the ranger. (already have increased endurance regen at this point). Pop off a dodge roll whenever your pet is about to eat AoE (since I melee, its when I am about to get eaten by AoE anyways so it is quite nice).

Ranger was dangerous before, now we are awesome. Looking forward to them working out some of the other builds to bring more to the table, looking at you spirits.

Agreed with this 100%. BM is easily one of the most underestimated trees that I think a lot of people dismiss since so many people have problems with handling pets. However, it has a lot of damage potential and is probably the best source of burst damage taht we have.

I’m really happy that Rangers are viable as both a ranged and melee dps class. I think the current meta of sPvP needs to change before we really shine there (having only capture objective maps really stagnates things with only bunker/roamer builds prevailing), but outside of this, we’re doing pretty well.

And yes, I can’t wait for spirits to be adjusted so that they can survive long enough to be viable.

in Ranger

Zagan.7318

Yes, there is still work to be done as I said before but we are not as worthless as many seem to say.
I am a Spirit/condition dmg build Ranger, I use Axe+torch( few very few rangers use conditions and even fewer use torch for somw reason). Spirits DO need work done, but theyre are not useless at the moment, not even close since i’m having far more succes with em in wvwvw than I did when i used traps but that might just be me.

My stats are balanced, my build is balanced, i have good toughness, 25.3k hp, 1400 condition dmg and I am having a blast. I solo camps in wvww all the time, barely ever loose 1v1 especially if my elite is up etc etc.

The whole point of this thread is to stop people from giving Rangers a bad name because from my experience we are not worse than any class but we do still need some work done. Trolling??? please….

Zaganor-Master Ranger
-Sea of Sorrows

in Ranger

Posted by: Bast Bow.2958

Bast Bow.2958

First of all: The last update finally put the ranger back in the game. I feel I can compete again with all the other professions. A very very big relief. So a thank you to Anet/Jon Peters is in place here.

Really hope they stop buffing the allmighty perma-stealth – and – billion-dps – thieves. Play some hours in WvsW and you know what I mean.
Well-traited they’re untouchable (invisible allt he time), ESPECIALLY by us rangers who have a minimum counters to them. You’re dead before you know it and you didn’t even had a chance to hit them.

Other concern.. They keep buffing everything. Signet of the Hunt now is 25%, then next update they’ll buff another profession to keep up with us rangers. Then another profession to keep up with that one… etc etc etc. Then in a year our signet of the hunt (just an example of a skill) will have 150%… Shouldn’t they tone down some instead of buffing others?

in Ranger

Posted by: deepwinter.9015

deepwinter.9015

Other concern.. They keep buffing everything. Signet of the Hunt now is 25%, then next update they’ll buff another profession to keep up with us rangers. Then another profession to keep up with that one… etc etc etc. Then in a year our signet of the hunt (just an example of a skill) will have 150%… Shouldn’t they tone down some instead of buffing others?

I wouldn’t freak out about one of our only buffs since launch. The Elementalist Signet of Air still remains at 10%, but they are already extremely maneuverable in combat. Furthermore, movement speed caps at 33% (sans charges/leaps).

In addition, no one is “catching up” to the Ranger. Quite the opposite, really; we’re catching up to everyone else! My advice to anyone who feels that Rangers are becoming “OP” is to roll another class and notice how much less you have to work to perform well.

Keep calm.

Azhandris – Sylvari Thief
Tarnished Coast

in Ranger

Posted by: Jay.3415

Jay.3415

Pets still don’t hit 100% against the moving targets tried it out on many a thing and the moving dummy. But it is better than before