Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Fix forum bug…………………………….

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Ranger downstate

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Stop come here criing for nerf! Ranger have a lor of problem to fix first.

Just use stealth stability or some invulnerability skill and press F.
For me downed state ele, thief, guardian and mesmer is a lot more boring.

It’s not a nerd it’s a possible bug fix….and even if it is a nerf you’ve lost the fight, it’s to prevent you from stalling forever on a point in pvp. Btw pet fears still work in stealth and through thieves blind field.

Well, we already know its not a bug because they fixed bugs specifically that prevented pet functionality in the downed state. Sorry, you already lost the fight before it began.

Ranger downstate

in Ranger

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

This is working as intended. The pet is independent from the Ranger, and is his ally. Besides, just think of what would happen to you in real life if you knock someone to the ground while he is walking his pet German Shepard?

Most of us here wish the Ranger would have more utility to keep us from getting to downstate, of course. But this is how it is. Generally speaking, you have to beat both the Ranger and his pet. Don’t think you’ve “won” the fight because you simply knocked the Ranger over. Ranger and Pet share boons, damage, conditions, etc.

Other classes buff themselves and allies with their skills, while Rangers are forced to buff the pet, half the time. The fight isn’t over until you defeat both the Ranger and his pet. As an example, I put quite a bit of thought into might stacking my pet Drake (Buttercup). If you down me when he has 25 stacks of might and you are almost dead, you are not even close to winning that fight (unless you know what you are doing). This is how it is goes with Ranger.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

(edited by Archon.6480)

Ranger downstate

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

It’s not a nerd it’s a possible bug fix….and even if it is a nerf you’ve lost the fight, it’s to prevent you from stalling forever on a point in pvp. Btw pet fears still work in stealth and through thieves blind field.

Well, we already know its not a bug because they fixed bugs specifically that prevented pet functionality in the downed state. Sorry, you already lost the fight before it began.

Not only that.
This thread was originally posted in the bug forum and it was moved by the mods to the ranger forum because it is clearly just ranger qq an not a bug.

The op is just trolling at this point.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

Ranger downstate

in Ranger

Posted by: Blackjak.3097

Blackjak.3097

This has actually been a problem for a loooooooong time.
I am aware that each profession has a u owe mechanic and the Rangers pet
Serves as that mechanic. However in downstate every class is limited to the
Downstate skill bar. Some are better than others. Rangers’ in particular in my opinion of you or a buddy can stall out enough you can fully res. That’s fine. The problem, glitch,
Whatever you want to call it is, Rangers still have access to their unique profession mechanic where every single other class does not.

What do I mean?

Example. If thieves could steal for an additional teleport in downstate
If necro could death shroud
If guard could pop invuln

Basically the f skills

Rangers can currently swap pets and use their pets effects while in downstate. Making it so that they can stun you have their wolf fear you and then use their pet to help res them which can provide significant amount of stall on a point in pvp to keep you from capping or provide time for a teammate to come help.

It’s irritating. I’ve asked around agree and everyone agrees that it’s actually not supposed to function in downstate yet no one has made a complaint about t and it is abused I’m pvp all the time.

Please fix this.

I have never heard a man, wasting so many words on saying nothing

Ranger downstate

in Ranger

Posted by: epoc.7941

epoc.7941

This has actually been a problem for a loooooooong time.
I am aware that each profession has a u owe mechanic and the Rangers pet
Serves as that mechanic. However in downstate every class is limited to the
Downstate skill bar. Some are better than others. Rangers’ in particular in my opinion of you or a buddy can stall out enough you can fully res. That’s fine. The problem, glitch,
Whatever you want to call it is, Rangers still have access to their unique profession mechanic where every single other class does not.

What do I mean?

Example. If thieves could steal for an additional teleport in downstate
If necro could death shroud
If guard could pop invuln

Basically the f skills

Rangers can currently swap pets and use their pets effects while in downstate. Making it so that they can stun you have their wolf fear you and then use their pet to help res them which can provide significant amount of stall on a point in pvp to keep you from capping or provide time for a teammate to come help.

It’s irritating. I’ve asked around agree and everyone agrees that it’s actually not supposed to function in downstate yet no one has made a complaint about t and it is abused I’m pvp all the time.

Please fix this.

I have never heard a man, wasting so many words on saying nothing

That’s quite a feat considering it’s all in writing and there’s no audio…perhaps you should consider getting checked out for those voices you hear?

Ranger downstate

in Ranger

Posted by: Seth.8906

Seth.8906

It’s not a nerf it’s a possible bug fix….and even if it is a nerf you’ve lost the fight, it’s to prevent you from stalling forever on a point in pvp. Btw pet fears still work in stealth and through thieves blind field.

Fear dont work on blind field.
Thief and ele stalling the fight as well… more than ranger…
And i really dont have problem kill ranger is the easiest class..

No stability? just use a breack stun! There are a lot of ways

Ranger downstate

in Ranger

Posted by: Sarision.6347

Sarision.6347

If they’re gonna remove the pet in downed state, they’re gonna have to rework the skills to take the pet outta the equation.

Ranger downstate

in Ranger

epoc.7941

Not only that.
This thread was originally posted in the bug forum and it was moved by the mods to the ranger forum because it is clearly just ranger qq an not a bug.

The op is just trolling at this point.

Not trolling if you read through the comments you’d see that I was saying have that I’m not calling for a nerf just for the issue to be addressed, in and out of game, I was not aware of the bug fixes for pets in downed state, that being said I still believe the f skill bar should be displayed to display this functionality rather than have it hidden.

Ranger downstate

in Ranger

OGDeadHead.8326

I still believe the f skill bar should be displayed to display this functionality rather than have it hidden.

I see no reason why not. Not that I think it is necessary, it wouldn’t hurt.

Ranger downstate

in Ranger

Posted by: Photinous.4628

Photinous.4628

Nothing new in this thread except another noob getting rekt by a ranger and asking it to be nerfed again.

Ranger downstate

in Ranger

epoc.7941

This is working as intended. The pet is independent from the Ranger, and is his ally. Besides, just think of what would happen to you in real life if you knock someone to the ground while he is walking his pet German Shepard?

Most of us here wish the Ranger would have more utility to keep us from getting to downstate, of course. But this is how it is. Generally speaking, you have to beat both the Ranger and his pet. Don’t think you’ve “won” the fight because you simply knocked the Ranger over. Ranger and Pet share boons, damage, conditions, etc.

Other classes buff themselves and allies with their skills, while Rangers are forced to buff the pet, half the time. The fight isn’t over until you defeat both the Ranger and his pet. As an example, I put quite a bit of thought into might stacking my pet Drake (Buttercup). If you down me when he has 25 stacks of might and you are almost dead, you are not even close to winning that fight (unless you know what you are doing). This is how it is goes with Ranger.

The pet attacking you while in downstate is understandable and is not what this thread is about, Mesmer clones thief pets and necro minions all attack while you’re down as wel the, the thread was made to address the fact that you can command the pet still and there’s no visible skill bar in downstate displaying that you can and it was a question of because it was hidden of it was a bug or an intended function and if it was to display the skill bar (more for the sake of common knowledge thought the current community and new players).

Ranger downstate

in Ranger

epoc.7941

Nothing new in this thread except another noob getting rekt by a ranger and asking it to be nerfed again.

Lol let me guess you’re a pro ranger. No I didn’t get ‘rekt’ I posted this thread after a very successful and fun night of pvp and my last match there were two rangers who would just stall out on my stomps it was irritating considering I’d blind them stealth all that jazz and if get feared etc and tbh it was just annoying I was done with them I had all my hp I was red to stomp move on and support my teammates that were still in combat or I wanted them off the point that I was trying to re or decap. The fact that this was happening just was really pronounced in that match. And as someone who does has a ranger albeit rarely plays it I knew one thing that the function was obviously available but was not something that was displayed in downstate raising the question as to IF this function was supposed to be available while in downstate and if it was not have it be removed and if it was that it should be displayed hence the “fix this” comment in the post

Idk where you got the idea of me losing to a ranger when the thread is about the downstate of a ranger obviously implying I was doing a lot of ranger killing lol. I think if rangers played something other than longbow it wouldn’t be so easy to get them to downstate in the first place

(edited by epoc.7941)

Ranger downstate

in Ranger

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

and it was a question of because it was hidden of it was a bug or an intended function and if it was to display the skill bar (more for the sake of common knowledge thought the current community and new players).

Haha, “a question”.

If you wanna adress something you’re not certain about, dont’ open your thread with a post arguing as if it is broken and needs a fix. Just kittening ask if it is intended or not. Don’t go on a rant.

The thread does however point out a potential QoL change for rangers; adding pet UI in downstate.

(edited by Lazze.9870)

Ranger downstate

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

The actual bug is that the pet menu isn’t visible

Ranger downstate

in Ranger

epoc.7941

and it was a question of because it was hidden of it was a bug or an intended function and if it was to display the skill bar (more for the sake of common knowledge thought the current community and new players).

Haha, “a question”.

If you wanna adress something you’re not certain about, dont’ open your thread with a post arguing as if it is broken and needs a fix. Just kittening ask if it is intended or not. Don’t go on a rant.

The thread does however point out a potential QoL change for rangers; adding pet UI in downstate.

Lol but it does need a fix I didn’t call for a nerf but a fix. Whether fixing it meant giving them the ui or removing the the function either way it resolves the question. It’s because of that some people might rage and rant about it. However my original statement of it being irritating still stands lol I just wanna finish killing you and cap my point

Ranger downstate

in Ranger

Seth.8906

Haha, “a question”.

Lol but it does need a fix I didn’t call for a nerf but a fix. Whether fixing it meant giving them the ui or removing the the function either way it resolves the question. It’s because of that some people might rage and rant about it. However my original statement of it being irritating still stands lol I just wanna finish killing you and cap my point

troll

Ranger downstate

in Ranger

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

I’ve asked around and everyone agrees it’s intended.

No it def isn’t if it were intended there would be a task bar available displaying it. Not be some secret thing that you find out by accident or testing (like finding out a skill hits more than once or the cd is broken) there would also probably be traits for it. I’m not saying it’s an exploit I’m just saying its a function that is currently not working as intended.

the only people who will say that it’s meant to be that way are people who like taking advantage of it.

Dude. It’s is intended. And there literally used to be traits to make us better at doing this. The trait would give our pets quickness while we are downed, so they would be more responsive at: Getting off a clutch fear, a wolf-pounce, killing the enemy, whatever.

The trait was lost when we switched over to the “specialization” system (probably cause no one but ele’s takes “on downed” traits), but its pretty much explicit evidence that this was intended play.

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

Ranger downstate

in Ranger

epoc.7941

Haha, “a question”.

troll

Sure if trolling means asking a question about a funtion that isn’t displayed in game. And asking for it to be addressed then yes I’m a troll.

Ranger downstate

in Ranger

Posted by: Darksaffey.8479

Darksaffey.8479

To be honest I don’t really get the interest in stomping (other than showing a fun finisher), from what I’ve seen 9/10 times it’s safer to just AoE/attack spam a downed opponent than running in to attempt and stomp him.
And most of the time it’s safer to use a stability skill why trying to stomp anyone (not ranger specific), so just use that and you’re fine. If it wasn’t a ranger you were trying to kill you would probably use stability anyway.

And if a possible fix woud be to add the UI I really don’t see the complaint of your post.. it’s not like knowing that the ranger has an UI makes any difference. A ranger knows its pet can attack, no need to have th UI above the downed skills.

Knight Captain of The Knights Temple [TKT] (Gandara)
-Genetta Tigrina – Cicadina – Genetta Victoriae-

(edited by Darksaffey.8479)

Ranger downstate

in Ranger

Seth.8906

Haha, “a question”.

troll

Sure if trolling means asking a question about a funtion that isn’t displayed in game. And asking for it to be addressed then yes I’m a troll.

“However my original statement of it being irritating still stands lol I just wanna finish killing you and cap my point”

this part is trolling… you are so strong but dont know how ista stomp a ranger? lol

Ranger downstate

in Ranger

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

you downed the player, not the pet. kill the pet if you don’t want them to use it.

/thread.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Ranger downstate

in Ranger

Posted by: PeterPrime.1730

PeterPrime.1730

Haha, “a question”.

troll

Do us and yourself a favor and stop posting your useless compaints.

As others have said, you already lost this fight even before you started. It is intended to work this way.

It is quite obvious you got rekt by a ranger who knew what he was doing and you’re just crying like 95% of the community when a ranger does that.

What is your goal? To nerf the most broken class in the game even more?

Go and troll somewhere else.

Ranger downstate

in Ranger

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

Haha, “a question”.

Your opening post was clearly worded as if this wasn’t an intended function and should be fixed, as in removed, from the game. You had no intentions to ask for an improved ranger downstate UI.

Stop making a fool out of yourself. “lol”

Ranger downstate

in Ranger

epoc.7941

Haha, “a question”.

troll

As others have said, you already lost this fight even before you started. It is intended to work this way.

It is quite obvious you got rekt by a ranger who knew what he was doing and you’re just crying like 95% of the community when a ranger does that.

1. It’s an open forum and I can inquire and post what I like as long as it’s purpose is to help the game or learn something I didn’t know
2. Stop putting Other ppls arguments to try and make it seem like you’re legitimately trying to provide a counter statement to my initial statement it just makes you look like an idiot and like the small percentage of idiots who like to talk trash that are in the gw community
3. Ranger is not broken. I don’t think I really need to say more than that.
4. If I got rekt and didn’t know what I was doing my complaint would be along with the rest of ppl who find nothing to complain about rangers and complain about rapid fire or something like that. It’s quite apparent that I was downing and finishing ppl who play ranger else I wouldn’t make a complaint about their DOWNED state.

So please stop being those ‘get rekt’ idiots learn to spell and leave constructive, informitive comments.

Ranger downstate

in Ranger

epoc.7941

To be honest I don’t really get the interest in stomping (other than showing a fun finisher), from what I’ve seen 9/10 times it’s safer to just AoE/attack spam a downed opponent than running in to attempt and stomp him.
And most of the time it’s safer to use a stability skill why trying to stomp anyone (not ranger specific), so just use that and you’re fine. If it wasn’t a ranger you were trying to kill you would probably use stability anyway.

And if a possible fix woud be to add the UI I really don’t see the complaint of your post.. it’s not like knowing that the ranger has an UI makes any difference. A ranger knows its pet can attack, no need to have th UI above the downed skills.

Stomping has its uses for example in a pvp match to finish an opponent so you can decap/cap a point.

Every class has stalling abilities that are beneficial to stall to get a few extra tics or to give time for an ally to come .The complaint was to bring attention to the gym he fact that ranger can extend this time with their pet and really to rectify it if it wasn’t an intended function. Apparently bug fixes have been done for pets’ behavior in downstate showing that it is in fact intended. Annoying as it might be I’m not one to cry about something that isn’t broken, so knowing its intended a ui would be great as the gw community is growing and this would avoid confusion to future players especially with the current influx in the pvp population since the game went f2p.

Ranger downstate

in Ranger

epoc.7941

Haha, “a question”.

Your opening post was clearly worded as if this wasn’t an intended function and should be fixed, as in removed, from the game. You had no intentions to ask for an improved ranger downstate UI.

Stop making a fool out of yourself. “lol”

My intention was to bring attention to the situation from devs to point out whether it was an intended function of not. My original thought on the matter was that it isn’t supposed to function that way as there is nothing on the ui to imply it and the fact that every other class I game does not have access to their unique class mechanic in the downed state. It’s still something that needs to be addressed and is rather simple to imp. It shouldn’t be an argument still being made this many years after launch if it was intended.

Ranger downstate

in Ranger

Posted by: PeterPrime.1730

PeterPrime.1730

Haha, “a question”.

troll

1. It’s an open forum and I can inquire and post what I like as long as it’s purpose is to help the game or learn something I didn’t know
2. Stop putting Other ppls arguments to try and make it seem like you’re legitimately trying to provide a counter statement to my initial statement it just makes you look like an idiot and like the small percentage of idiots who like to talk trash that are in the gw community
4. If I got rekt and didn’t know what I was doing my complaint would be along with the rest of ppl who find nothing to complain about rangers and complain about rapid fire or something like that. It’s quite apparent that I was downing and finishing ppl who play ranger else I wouldn’t make a complaint about their DOWNED state.

So please stop being those ‘get rekt’ idiots learn to spell and leave constructive, informitive comments.

1 – Help the game? Do tell me how this would help the game. (The only way this would “help” is that devs actually included the UI for rangers when downed.)
2 – Look like an idiot? Says the one who can’t stomp a ranger. Use stabi or stealth, easy as that. If you have problem with pets, burst them down. If you can’t pull that off, that’s your problem, not mine. All you did was complain and ask devs to “fix” a mechanism that was intended from the start. Who looks like an idiot now? (And since others already explained how to counter them, I can only tell the same…)
Oh and guess what, that “unique profession mechanic” dies in mere seconds.
3 – And this proves you know nothing about the class. I don’t think I really need to say more than that.
4 – You still complained because you couldn’t stomp the ranger. It doesn’t take too much effort to down a ranger tbh.

And please stop offending me with your childish behavior by calling people idiots who disagree with you. This whole topic speaks for itself who the real “idiot” is here.

And don’t lecture me about spelling, thanks.

(edited by PeterPrime.1730)

Ranger downstate

in Ranger

Posted by: Unholy Pillager.3791

Unholy Pillager.3791

1. Sure, just as others have a right to criticize calls to nerf a profession which are delivered from a state of ignorance.

2. I’d consider revising your #2 point. It is an incoherent mess; what meaning, exactly, are you attempting to communicate here?

3. Rangers have never been in the meta anywhere in the game (or at least, in any part of the game that actually has a meta). Many (many, many) dungeon groups have kicked rangers based on their profession alone. At the recent WTS, ranger was the only profession not represented. It’s the only profession whose special mechanic can be completely negated for an entire minute. It’s the only profession that gives over control of a third of its damage and cc to an AI, in every possible build.. The entire profession has had serious issues since launch, and basically every single one stems from the decision to make pets the profession’s unique mechanic.

4. As has been mentioned on here, most people find rangers one of the easiest professions to stomp. As much as I’d like to be sympathetic towards your plight, I can’t help but conclude that you’re doing something wrong.

For someone who criticizes others for their spelling errors, you certainly have room to improve your own. Your grammar is also far from flawless.

Ranger downstate

in Ranger

Posted by: Solandri.9640

Solandri.9640

Not trolling if you read through the comments you’d see that I was saying have that I’m not calling for a nerf just for the issue to be addressed,

Your rationale for this “fix” is that no other class can use their class mechanic when downed.

No other class can lose their class mechanic while not downed.

You’re asking Anet to address the way this mechanic advantages the ranger, while not asking them to address the way the mechanic disadvantages the ranger. That’s basically calling for a nerf.

The “issue” as you’ve outlined it isn’t “rangers can use their class mechanic while downed.” It’s “ranger class mechanic behaves different from other class mechanics.” If you want the issue to truly be addressed, you have to simultaneously request that ranger pets be made unkillable so the ranger can always use their class mechanic while not downed – just like the other classes. They are two sides of the same coin.

(edited by Solandri.9640)

Ranger downstate

in Ranger

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

No other class can lose their class mechanic while not downed.

That’s a very good point. Pets should be made immortal. For balance.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

Ranger downstate

in Ranger

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

Haha, “a question”.

The devs are aware that pet F skills can be used in down state and is working as intended. We even had traits that benefit the pet when we go to downstate. As to why the F-skill bar doesn’t appear during downstate? Probably the same reason as to why we can’t see boons/conditions on our pets without selecting them. UI changes that diverge away from other classes is too much trouble to deal with apparently.

Ranger downstate

in Ranger

OGDeadHead.8326

epoc, you should go into the ranger bugs thread in the bug forum and delete your post about this there, since it’s already been proven to you that this is an intended, working mechanic of our profession.

You can cry for nerfs, fine, but this is not a bug, so that post of yours doesn’t belong in the bug forums at all.

This quoute from you simply shows that you want yet another nerf to rangers, and that’s all there’s to it:

“It’s irritating. I’ve asked around agree and everyone agrees that it’s actually not supposed to function in downstate yet no one has made a complaint about t and it is abused I’m pvp all the time.”

I keep wonder who “everyone” are, that you are referring to…

Ranger downstate

in Ranger

Posted by: Ragnar.3916

Ragnar.3916

epoc, you are right.

i even think anet should change the ranger downstate to this:
the player is losing the ability to controll the pet.
after that, the pet is starting to attack the ranger player.

reason behind this change:
the pet sees that his master is weak and wants to take the lead.

i just don’t understand how our pets not started to attack us after the hard ranger (to useless) nerfs 1 year ago allready.
well, i guess our pets are just really true friends and keep helping us in downstate.

that’s how it works and that’s how it should works.
ele, mesmer and thief downstates even decide about winning or losing a teamfight in some key situations when you heave to stability stomp them…, haha.