Ranger in Tpvp suggestion

in Ranger

Posted by: Staffordshire.1752

Staffordshire.1752

the change i suggest:

Survival of the fittest : Remove conditions and gain fury when using a survival OR A TRAP skill.

optional : switch the longbow and trap traits, its absurd that you gain prec and ferocity for taking trap grand masters, power and cond would be way more appropriate

in my opinion the ranger buffs were a very good step in the right direction and i think we need 1 more to see more play in tpvp.

our damage is really decent but lacking in teamfights since we mainly have 1v1 pressure and using traps would be a solution to this except they pretty much deny us the ability to use the very beneficial survival tree and skills.

this would open up a build with a combination of traps and survival skills

(edited by Staffordshire.1752)

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

Traps are powerful for AoE scenario even in a tPvP. The sacrifice for it is in the utility. Traps as such are pretty fine as they currently are.
Powerful with an obvious counter. If the enemy can outplay you – you’ll die. If they don’t, you’ll basically force so much condi bombing pressure that there’s no way they’ll trade you out.

An immense condi cleanse on the traps would be too much to ask for, in my humble opinion. They already give the upper hand in teamfights.
I’d actually welcome a Warhorn reconsider.

1. ability 4 is coded horribly (can fail as a whole due to obstacles etc. and can also fail part of it due to obstacles… The second part should just go)
  2. the damage is way too low for the cooldown on it

But as I’m thinking of it – the only thing that traps need is the Superior Rune of the Trapper option in PvP environment. Nothing else is needed.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

Posted by: Staffordshire.1752

Staffordshire.1752

you could also tweak the change, survival skills clear 2 condis, make traps clear 1

im not gonna go into the rest since its all personal opinion anyways

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

Well, the idea is that traps are offensive abilities.
The SotF basically boosts your defensive potential by even more defense via condi cleanse. The offensive abilities that give you a huge AoE advantage (that has to be considered) would be a no-brainer if they provided a survival trait in one of the most used trait lines.

When thinking of a change from your perspective, always think of it from the enemy’s perspective, as well. If there was a build of AoE condi bomber (this name wields a lot of power by itself) that would have access to lots of removal mechanisms, it could anyday get out of hand.
The condi build needs only 1 stat for the damage, so the others are left for Toughness, Vitality or Healing power – all especially powerful since you have lots of evades in this build (you don’t need to deal damage through weapons – you prioritize on traps thus giving you lots of defensive weapon options).

If trappers should get some attention – it definitely is the utility. Not the defense. And the utility can be obtained through various ways, from which the runes are one of the ways to go.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Trapper builds need stunbreaks more than condition removal.

It has been suggested before but having a stunbreak on 1 or two of the traps would go a long way.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in Ranger

Posted by: dylan.5409

dylan.5409

Traps need help for sure, too many traits and utilities required while damage is easily avoided.
If trap traits were moved , it should be to stam/boon duration line and consolidated into 1 mid tier trait imo as they just don’t do enough physical damage to be part of a zerker/power build
If they did , then having traps remove cond on throw would work rly well and make up for the lack of stunbreak (or having to trait for stunbreaks).
Other good suggestions for traps that ive seen include having them grant boons on throw/ remove boons on pulse or putting all traps into a kit.
We can dream

(edited by dylan.5409)