Good Tofu.9376

I copied the “celestial avatar” build for Druid from metabattle

http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Druid_-_Celestial_Avatar

Profit.

Ranger in its easiest PvP state ever

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

Much easyer builds on PVP atm. not saying this build aint good.

in Ranger

Posted by: Good Tofu.9376

Good Tofu.9376

Not saying that other classes don’t have easier builds…but for Ranger (compared to what I remember from the past), this build is pure faceroll in terms of game impact for your team

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Nope. Spirit ranger. After spirit ranger we were borderline unusable for a while, so any improvement makes a big apparent difference.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

Too many FOTM Rangers now, I’m sick of fighting stalemate fights….. But let’s be honest Pet carries these new builds rather hard.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in Ranger

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Lets just call em FOTM druids PLEASE haha. Im terrified base ranger is gonna get nerfed to account for the existence of druid. And not everyone plays druid u.u

Ghost Yak

in Ranger

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

Lets just call em FOTM druids PLEASE haha. Im terrified base ranger is gonna get nerfed to account for the existence of druid. And not everyone plays druid u.u

I hope we get some more nerfs but at same time some improvements to base traits and skills, like it’s made me somewhat a bitter vet I don’t mean to, just feels like slap in the face, for past year allot of us main rangers have been playing a class that required skill and had it hard now it’s just too easy.

I’m all for improvements but there is difference between a class being faceroll easy mode rather than improvements to making a class viable.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in Ranger

Posted by: arron.7348

arron.7348

easiest? so you didn’t play when rangers could perma self-stack 25 bleed and pets hit 7k per hit? with infinite poison and cripple? yeah, this is nothing

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Druid is super strong because of bugs y’all. Which are getting fixed. Which means all these flavor of the month druids will get rekt by CC.

+ metabattle build gets slaughtered by reapers.

in Ranger

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

Not saying that other classes don’t have easier builds…but for Ranger (compared to what I remember from the past), this build is pure faceroll in terms of game impact for your team

Then I expect you have made similiar threads in other profession subforums about their faceroll builds and their impact on the game.

Which I somewhat doubt you did, people seem to hit the trigger way faster when it comes to rangers. And it’s always without feedback on how to balance it without butchering anything.

(edited by Lazze.9870)

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Profit.

So, Ranger may finally be accepted into PvP teams because of Druid? I’m all for it, then.

in Ranger

Posted by: jewishjoyride.4693

jewishjoyride.4693

Druid is super strong because of bugs y’all. Which are getting fixed. Which means all these flavor of the month druids will get rekt by CC.

Sorry what bugs? None of the bugs I’m aware of slash are being talked about by the community grant loads of healing or any healing.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kaze.6029

Kaze.6029

Which I somewhat doubt you did, people seem to hit the trigger way faster when it comes to rangers. And it’s always without feedback on how to balance it without butchering anything.

Well that’s because rangers have been the joke of gw2 for the longest time, whilst we are “okay” for now be for we were absolutely horrible at everything possible mainly because pets were so horrible (back then if your pet died you actually had to rez them like a player and that took ages to “fix”) so for that year and a bit other professions had the enjoyment of taking a dump on ranger class. This inherently made them feel “good” because no matter how horrible they were they would never be as horrible as a ranger. So when rangers are somewhat viable and are “okay” many players with that same mentality that “rangers are kitten” can’t stand it.

This is also the reason why any “buffs” ranger gets tends to have a huge up roar eg the WHAO buff which was pretty useless as a build since you give up 2 trait lines, heal and 3 utility skills to be a quick AA build was nerfed to the ground. Or when rangers could stack might for him and the pet was met with complains mean while D/D eles/warriors who can do the same for the whole party and have been meta/op for the longest time have next to no complains.

The only time ranger was every actually usefull/meta was in pvp as a spirit ranger since you basically had 3 meat shields, constantly pumping out 3 awesome boons and awesome CC. It wasnt OP by any means but was just extremely hard to deal with but rather than fix it to a decent level it was over nerfed to the ground

in Ranger

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Sorry what bugs? None of the bugs I’m aware of slash are being talked about by the community grant loads of healing or any healing.

Oh ignore him. He’s cross-spamming that noise across multiple boards.

Gone to Reddit.

in Ranger

Posted by: aB EXT.1287

aB EXT.1287

Yeah, the cele build seems pretty viable. Personally, I hate it. I don’t enjoy how mind-numbingly boring it is to play.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sicarius.4639

Sicarius.4639

Profit.

So, Ranger may finally be accepted into PvP teams because of Druid? I’m all for it, then.

Well, I was hoping I didn’t need to open my wallet again for my class to be accepted…

in Ranger

Posted by: Zatoichi.1049

Zatoichi.1049

as a vet ranger, I like support druid a lot. I have always enjoyed support classes in mmos. I have been playing basically the “meta” build since first beta, and have seen all the nerfs, and have adjuste accordingly. People are still getting used to having to deal with us, not cuz we are OP (high damage + high sustain), we aren’t, but because we bring something to the game they have never had to deal with before. I don’t think Druid needs any more nerfs, especially when you compare it to Chrono and DH for example, I think people should have to adjust to accommodate us a little. I also think base ranger still needs some love, though not much.

in Ranger

Posted by: panda the chop chop.4712

panda the chop chop.4712

IF you’re running that “meta”-battle build in sPVP… you’re not even using druid to its full potential…. you might as well write wanna-be follower on your forehead. *please stop making these garbage useless threads that only bring attention to the class/spec for un-need reasons. (given the fact condi/druid is very sad to consider “meta”.

IGN: Itspanda

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

On a serious note, is it really that bad?

I’ve not sPvP’d at all since HoT. I’ve also not played as much due to HoT and some of the initial frustrations. And….I’ve really only worked on map complete for the entry point or starting area and only to mastery 3. Not even logged in for a whole week which is rare.

In summary, HoT for whatever reason does not hold the same lure as retail GW2 did and WvW does not seem as fun. Nor does the new mastery and hero point map complete changes.

I thought I was reading some other grumblings about hot join or pre-mades being a issue. Not sure.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

Being able to slap celestial on a build tends to do that to a build/class.

In general, the existence of celestial is counter intuitive to give and take balancing methodology and allows certain classes to run builds that overperform in the amount of roles they can compete for.

The fact that this hasn’t been addressed for a silly long period of time now and that leagues are right around the corner should speak volumes about how seriously people should evaluate the competitive value of the state of the game.

So yeah, sorry that ANet has made yet another spec that can work with a toxic to the competitive atmosphere amulet.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat