Ranger in sPvP, NO SPIRIT.

in Ranger

Posted by: akallou.9704

akallou.9704

A full melee ranger, no hiding, no spirit, no bunker BS, just staight dps and the right weapons.

http://youtu.be/-bR3jgGbbZ4

Enjoy & comment

in Ranger

Posted by: hooma.9642

hooma.9642

cant watch it thx to your music. why a showcase video needs music btw?

in Ranger

akallou.9704

What is the problem with the music? can’t you mute this?
I’m playing with some playlist going on, video records it automaticly and i uploaded it raw

in Ranger

Posted by: hooma.9642

hooma.9642

What is the problem with the music? can’t you mute this?
I’m playing with some playlist going on, video records it automaticly and i uploaded it raw

no its blocked because rights and i dont want to use a proxy just for that

in Ranger

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

I liked the music. hmmm, but the build isnt very strong. Axe #4 + Greatsword is a fun combo, but its more of a hit and pray playstyle.

in Ranger

akallou.9704

The Copyright problem should be solved. Enjoy.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

You played it and did fine. You do a lot less damage than a spirit ranger, and don’t offer the huge support bonus of a spirit ranger (or even healing spring.) You’re also not nearly as durable.

I really like your build for WvW, but I think you’re gimping your team here. If it’s solo queue I guess that’s fine, I wouldn’t want to have that in team arena though.

It’s the nature of capture points. Until they offer a new format, anything other than a condi bunker is going to be subpar.

in Ranger

akallou.9704

I understand your point, although i’m able to take down any class 1 on 1 and often make it through on a 2v1 fight, warrior/guardian arent even a treat.
I mentionned spirit/bunker build because people often hide behind that build and spam 1, I’m a roamer in spvp, this build allow me to pretty much anti-tag/cap with ease and needless to mention that i’m able to kill.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

I understand your point, although i’m able to take down any class 1 on 1…

I wish I had a dollar for everytime I saw a post like this defending a build that’s generally accepted as inferior to the meta. =P

No offense to you, but just because something is functioning for you doesn’t mean that there’s not something else that functions better.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

In his defense, the meta doesn’t improve if people don’t try new things. Unfortunately I don’t think the meta for tPvP can improve until a game mode other than standing in one place without dying is introduced.

in Ranger

akallou.9704

what i am saying is a ranger shouldnt be forced to hide behind spirit like a mesmer does behind his clones.
you dont need these spirit and you should still be accepted without (by the way i’m one of the first who came up with a full spirit build more than a year ago, at the time it was pretty unpopular but me and the guys who thought of it pretty much showed ranger could bring in team buff, in both WvW primarely and sPvP.)
the ranger can still bring dps, bother any class, survive a melee and so on, my only wish is to have a pet that kicks boon or introduce it in some way to our class, thats definitely something a ranger should be able to do.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

@ Fluffball: I totally agree and it’ll be more important than ever to have people explore new builds after the next balance changes since not only do changes to Ranger skills open new possibilities, but the changing to the strengths/weaknesses of other professions’ builds will also have a big impact. However, in this particular case, the build the OP has been using has been extensively tested in the current environment and is simply outperformed by the meta spirit build.

@ Akallou: A ranger isn’t ‘forced’ to do anything, but the situation is simply what it is. The particular strengths and weaknesses that a spirit build bring are just better suited for fighting the builds you encounter in the Conquest mode which sPvP is built around right now. Yes, it sucks that such a 1-dimensional build is the most effective option open to rangers in sPvP, but wishful thinking doesn’t change that fact.

in Ranger

Posted by: Garb Cost.3718

Garb Cost.3718

Now I love a good ranger build outside the meta, purely for my own interest in playing it… However, “i’m able to take down any class 1 on 1 and often make it through on a 2v1 fight”. This video doesn’t show this at all. There is only 1 case where you 1v1 an engi and he only drops when someone else turns up (Yes, that’s the way it should be in PvP – only a fool enters a fair fight) and you flattening that ele is right at the end of the game when all is lost [for him] anyhow.

Regardless, this isn’t anything against you. In fact, I’d like to see more similar posts.

What stats/runes etc do you use? I can’t see in the vid.