Ranger is dead

Ranger is dead

in Ranger

Posted by: yLoon.5289

yLoon.5289

Huh? I can solo pew pew Champion Hero Point with my Bear tanking all the time, had lots of fun in map exploration, rarely died in the HoT map compare to other classes. Bristleback damage ish OP o.o, not sure why you judge ranger solely on Raid, are you playing the correct combo & pew pew build? xD

12K AP
Level 54 Bear Rank

(edited by yLoon.5289)

Ranger is dead

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

See above for my issues with this post.

Also, i saw this video from Josh Glad, who is a very good ranger player. In this group he seems to be the tank, the healer, and condi dps.

With all due respect …
… That can_not_ be called a very good ranger player.
He is not using Quickdraw for Bonfire (nor Serpent’s Strike for damage mitigation), he’s using spike trap for whichever reason, he’s not using Frost Spirit at all.

Plus he’s using all his evades on cooldown, not strategically. If he decided to use Dagger for DPS, he must have made a horrible mistake.

He did his job even as a Ranger – is much more like it this time.
The video doesn’t really say anything about Ranger’s viability. Revenants and Warriors can do the same thing if not a lot more.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

Ranger is dead

in Ranger

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

Also, i saw this video from Josh Glad, who is a very good ranger player. In this group he seems to be the tank, the healer, and condi dps.

With all due respect …
He is not using Quickdraw for Bonfire (nor Serpent’s Strike for damage mitigation), he’s using spike trap for whichever reason, he’s not using Frost Spirit at all.

Plus he’s using all his evades on cooldown, not strategically. If he decided to use Dagger for DPS, he must have made a horrible mistake.

The video doesn’t really say anything about Ranger’s viability. Revenants and Warriors can do the same thing if not a lot more.

I think he’s primarily a WvW player, but this is one of the few videos available of a DPS druid in raids i’ve been able to find. I agree his build is weird as hell. Based on what i’ve seen of his previous videos, all of his builds are weird. There’s definitely things he could improve on. That being said his dps is good, his party support is good, and he also tanks. He may not be the best at any of those things, but it still works.

If you’ve followed everything I’ve said in this thread, my point has never been to argue that ranger is better than warr or rev. in fact I’ve said multiple times ranger is much worse. My point was that although ranger is not optimal, it can still be viable, at least for the VG fight. His dps is not the best, but in the triple role he isn’t hindering his team either.

Would a min/max party take a druid like this? hell no. But in a more relaxed environment, he isn’t being carried.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Ranger is dead

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

With all due respect …

Question, since most of the thread is kitten and at least two of you are having a proper discussion. Does it really matter if all he is doing is “his job”? Serious.

We all know there are min, max, must run X, not Y, builds or have the best of everything players and/or guilds. But at the end of the day there are good, bad, better, and average players. Maybe he or she is one of those and doesn’t conform to the BiS player.

If they got the boss down, does it matter?

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

Ranger is dead

in Ranger

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

so where is the screenshot , don’t post it here give us a external link.
also ps a condi ranger alone vs the Vale i was doing 3.4-4.2k in bleeds alone on a high stack at most per tick and aslo 2.2k from poisons+ 4.3k over 4 seconds with burns(that breaks down to 1.075k from burn)

thats 7.35k without max buffs as i was on a Green circle Duty and red vale so tell me again how ranger dps is weak , also i know my pet also did atleast 1.2-1.5 a hit as i was running MDG and i maintained it below 50% as the only time you’d get hurt is through personal mistakes and at that point i had a perma 15might.

so please do post your tests and an external link so i can see how many damage sources you are really testing.

you mention providing tests but provide none yourself. you claim you’re getting these damage numbers but without a dps meter to track these numbers over time your claims are completely worthless. maybe you got those numbers but only maintained them for 15 seconds. your dps over the course of the fight would therefore be much lower. you can’t just say “i saw X tick” as if that somehow equates to dps because it doesn’t. at all.

in fact you can just give us a video of your fight so we can watch your ticks over time and make a guess.

also Rev ect they are not Balanced , and promoting rev as Normal? and ranger as weak just shows power creeping , GET ready for Rev Nurfs ect because they will come if that is your point of view accounting rev as standard every class should aim for thats not how the game works.

u wot m8?

who cares if rev is OP? all that matters is what rev CAN do and right now it CAN put out 13k autos while also kittenting out boons. we need to compare what IS to what IS not some airy fairy BS about future nerfs somehow making ranger dps higher in comparison.

its no LONGER a DPS RACE , its about smart play vs stupid players.

actually no… raids are literally dps races because of the timers…. thus one can conclude that a smart player would bring the dps class to ensure success. Can ranger work? as we have seen, yes they can, but they are not as good as others.

i actually think this looks good as druid is indeed viable here. But he also gets to control aggro which helps dps tremendously as he doesn’t need to chase the boss around. he also has a team that doesn’t require much healing either which helps.

I would love to see if he ran this vs the other bosses.

yes good point with the druid build , though my guild already had a tank/healer druid so i went with Condi damage and druid support just incase the tank made a mistake but my main role was KB red orbs and condi damage through poison master/sun spirit/sharpen edges and vipers nest though thats our team comp.

Raids are not a dps race , you can Mathimaticly gauge the correct amount of dps needed to finish the boss before timer enrage , you don’t need Maximum dps at all times or a build that is 100% dps , 80% of the build as dps is enough to finish the boss before the timer , hence the Smart play rather than " dps race" .

after a few tries , my guild did do the obvious full out dps and tank/heal , then found human error is not worth the dps rush just to shave off 2mins and increase the chances of Failing because of said rushing / lack of outside support excluding those dedicated to boons and tanking , and that lead to me being the condi/supporter only if the tank/healer needed it so we made a yin/yan system if the tank heals , i damage , if the tanks damaging and the teams needs no healing , i keep dpsing.

again pointing to smart play.

the point about the rev is , if people start to use the current Unbalanced aspects of a class as the Standard people should aim for when it comes to damage , they will be disapointed when things are Balanced and people like that enforcing it now , will regret somthing later on Hastey actions lead to consequences (deleting armour sets, or a charater entirely just like the necros before HoT and they kicked themselfs in the teeth because some roled to a different spec as they aimed to do more " Acceptable damage or in this case Socialy accepted" but in the Reality of things necro was fine ( it was all the words that enforce somesones choices and thats where i draw the line its their choice to do or don’t but that leaves no room reason for people to set the Bar so high for no reason.

if people are intenting to put rev in a perspective of “this is what you’re damage should be at” i don’t agree with that , and will wait untill real Balance changes to arrive before i pass any opinions or my reviews on certain classes.

as to why i haven’t mentioned anything in my post history about Revs yet and i will soo as when i find reasons for its Balance to be Acceptable not a power creep as other classes left behind again (that leads to me saying they will be nurfed upon a review of balance possibility same goes for reaper/chrono/DH.

when it comes to balance there will always be one class or a set of skills to act as a weight to stop power creeping from going Rampant.

If you’re consistently clearing the content with your group then clearly it is working for you, which is great. What you’re describing is basically what i was doing when running condi druid for VG.

As for rev, i think the “press 1 to win” gameplay is ridiculous and needs to be toned down but my hopes are not high. It’ll likely be a long time before we see significant changes with them.

Until then, there’s not much reason to not bring revs and other huge dps classes, simply because they make everything so much easier.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Ranger is dead

in Ranger

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Dps calculation don’t mean anything if the method for those calculation are not clear. To say don’t bring a ranger if you want good dps is plain bs.

Was the pet damage included (which pet), did you have 25 stacks of might. Did you use spotter and frost spirite. Did you include the druid damage buff. What weapon did you use. Vs what target. What class are you using as a damage comparison.

Rangers bring a number of unique buffs and while their personal dps isn’t the best (nor the worst) their ability to bump the groups dps out weights any short commings they have.

actually im pretty sure ranger dps is the worst, maybe mesmer is worse, but even that im not sure.

however frost/sun spirit are awesome

Ranger is dead

in Ranger

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Druid seems to be the only thing ranger has to make it competitive in PvE.

Every single class in the game needs to trait their elite spec. PvE, or PvP. Maybe the only exception is condi engi and THATS it. But yeah, let’s post doom n’ gloom about it and make it seem like a ranger problem.
Sad.

TL;DR ranger is competitive in less than 1% of PvE.

Only the 1% of PvE is actually challenging. Open world meta events do not require specific class comp, fractals can be completed by naked characters, and dungeons.. lol

So yeah, ranger in the challenging part of the game, ranger is needed. I see no problem here. But lets cry about it for the sake of the forum negativity.

Please show me your video of completing a lv50+ fractal while you’re naked.
I want you to stay alive and contribute alot of things, not 4 people carrying you while you lay there.

Ranger is dead

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

With all due respect …

Question, since most of the thread is kitten and at least two of you are having a proper discussion. Does it really matter if all he is doing is “his job”? Serious.

We all know there are min, max, must run X, not Y, builds or have the best of everything players and/or guilds. But at the end of the day there are good, bad, better, and average players. Maybe he or she is one of those and doesn’t conform to the BiS player.

If they got the boss down, does it matter?

From my perspective, this thread was given birth because people believe Ranger is inferior to other classes. When it comes to raids – it’s exactly as you say.

Unlike former Dungeon Farming meta where nothing but time consumed mattered (that’s why everybody went for DPS) – raids are once per week. Which in comparison is not about DPS at all, if you manage the boss within his enrage timer.

My point is that Ranger in reality is much more important than OP tries to make him sound. It’s true that we are not top tier DPS – but that’s because we are compensated with the highest DPS support across the board.
If rangers complain about bad DPS – and are probably playing the ranger the same way as the guy in the Video – They are sincerely playing wrong and have no right to claim anything about Ranger DPS.

I have been playing a raid as a Cleric tank and healer in one, as a berserker healer, as a zealot healer, and I personally found full healing spring berserker (without staff) the most efficient way to play (we had that tempest guy helping out with heals).

But at the end of the day – everything works as long as the squad organizes around it. In raids there’s no meta or what not. In Raids it’s all about what the 10 people make work, and there’s currently more than 15 ways to build around.
With ranger present in most of them.

Ranger is dead

in Ranger

Crapgame.6519

From my perspective, this thread was given birth because people believe Ranger is inferior to other classes. When it comes to raids – it’s exactly as you say.

Unlike former Dungeon Farming meta where nothing but time consumed mattered (that’s why everybody went for DPS) – raids are once per week. Which in comparison is not about DPS at all, if you manage the boss within his enrage timer.

My point is that Ranger in reality is much more important than OP tries to make him sound. It’s true that we are not top tier DPS – but that’s because we are compensated with the highest DPS support across the board.
If rangers complain about bad DPS – and are probably playing the ranger the same way as the guy in the Video – They are sincerely playing wrong and have no right to claim anything about Ranger DPS.

I have been playing a raid as a Cleric tank and healer in one, as a berserker healer, as a zealot healer, and I personally found full healing spring berserker (without staff) the most efficient way to play (we had that tempest guy helping out with heals).

But at the end of the day – everything works as long as the squad organizes around it. In raids there’s no meta or what not. In Raids it’s all about what the 10 people make work, and there’s currently more than 15 ways to build around.

That is what I sort of figured. Thanks.

Ranger is dead

in Ranger

Posted by: Prophet.1584

Prophet.1584

This right here. My 10 people may not be your 10 people but my 10 people can make it work. If yours can’t bring something else.

I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.

Ranger is dead

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

The damage meter is the one that was posted about on Reddit. It isn’t perfect but it is within about 5-10% of the real value.

No, it isn’t. Especially when you’re applying lots of different sources of damage. That one can’t keep up, and it’s a poor excuse of damage meter, probably one of the worst I’ve ever seen.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Ranger is dead

in Ranger

Posted by: Darkness.9732

Darkness.9732

Ranger is in a bad spot and we can freely say that it’ s dead.

Everyone knows that.

Ranger is dead

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

Everyone knows that.

“Never say that something is impossible because there are still people who do not know it’s impossible and are making it happen even as we speak.”

Ranger is dead

in Ranger

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Using a legal damage meter (doesn’t break terms of service) I looked at my ranger’s damage over a decent period of time (several minutes). Simply put I was capping out at just a little over 5k dps. This isn’t enough to bring it to raids by its own. With frost spirit, sun spirit, and spotter ranger is just barely acceptable, but base ranger damage is not enough to kill the first boss with in the enrage timer. Don’t bring ranger outside of druid, and don’t play ranger in raids. I’m saying this as long time ranger main. Condi ranger basically isn’t any better either.

Good thing the damage meter doesn’t work right.

Ranger is dead

in Ranger

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

Ranger was dead in 2012.

Ranger is dead

in Ranger

Posted by: tym.3791

tym.3791

After just coming out of a T1 blob fest, I think you REALLY need a reality check. So many rangers on all three sides it almost made me laugh. Even the hard core guilds commanders were using a ranger.

It isn’t about the class, its about how you play it. A ranger is not a tank. Its all about sniping, and hit and run. Its about the rotation of weapons, and the weapon attacks you use. My ranger did fine in wvw. Its done fine in HOT. I am still working out my rotations, and my pets, but its getting better. I run zerker gear, and my ranger hits like a mack truck. Using a long bow/staff set up, it does just fine.

Ranger is dead

in Ranger

Posted by: Jasper Defthand.3018

Jasper Defthand.3018

I think OP is doing it wrong, i main pew pew ranger do excellent dps, i run marksman, sker.ishing and beast mastery, i got 100% crit including traits and fury and run ferocity food/oil, do 35k rapid fires 6-7k AA, pets do 3-5k AA, i think alot alot of these guys are doing these golem test build without taking into consideration their pets, raid buffs, and food/oil and as someone mentioned the toughness stat on golems does differ from raid bosses.

(edited by Jasper Defthand.3018)

Ranger is dead

in Ranger

Posted by: drgast.1469

drgast.1469

This is pretty silly. Rangers are just fine. The sky is not falling and the end is not near.

Ranger is dead

in Ranger

Posted by: Darkness.9732

Darkness.9732

This is pretty silly. Rangers are just fine. The sky is not falling and the end is not near.

Lol.

yes yes….fine……sure

Ranger is dead

in Ranger

Posted by: Aylpse.6280

Aylpse.6280

“Condi ranger basically isn’t any better either.”

What happened to that Viper’s build? Was it burst dps? I thought it was comparable to Engi?

Taking the higher moral ground since 1993.

Ranger is dead

in Ranger

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Sometimes, it’s not the class, but the player behind the screen. I know a lot of rangers don’t like to hear that, but ranger is the easiest class to play . . . but by far the hardest to master.

It’s a sad thing, but after so many nerfs . . . you must bring your A-game. Otherwise, yes, the ranger is dead . . . for you.

Gone to Reddit.

Ranger is dead

in Ranger

Posted by: FriendlyInvader.3126

FriendlyInvader.3126

Sometimes, it’s not the class, but the player behind the screen. I know a lot of rangers don’t like to hear that, but ranger is the easiest class to play . . . but by far the hardest to master.

It’s a sad thing, but after so many nerfs . . . you must bring your A-game. Otherwise, yes, the ranger is dead . . . for you.

ehhh I disagree. Every class is easy to play [in open world].

Ranger is dead

in Ranger

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Ranger is just fine. Thief and Warrior are dead.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

Ranger is dead

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

Ranger is just fine. Thief and Warrior are dead.

Warriors are still amazing for raids.
PS is still of the best in the shed for might stacking.
Thieves, well … PvE just waved goodbye to them.

When it comes to PvP – every class is viable with the right build and right use of it.

Ranger is dead

in Ranger

Posted by: Mouse.3608

Mouse.3608

There are other classes with a minimum viable skill floor of “afk and my bear killed it”?

Ranger is dead

in Ranger

FriendlyInvader.3126

There are other classes with a minimum viable skill floor of “afk and my bear killed it”?

If you enjoy killing stuff slowly[but you kill it], slap a tankier armor set on any class and press any keys. Open world is a joke, and judging ranger on open world is even funnier! Reaper is millions times “easier” than ranger.

Skill floor boys.

Ranger is dead

in Ranger

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

This thread is a bit baffling. Yes, Ranger does not have top tier personal dps, but it brings arguably the second, if not, the third most group support. The only thing that for sure brings more for a group is cronomancer with permanent quickness and tones of alacrity.

Frost spirit, glyph of empowerment and spotter is practically 20% raw damage increase, more if you empowerment after break bars and then we have grace of the land on top of that. You can buff the party up to a 32.5% damage increase on top of everyone else’s support. Which is unique to ranger no one else provides these increases. This is what makes ranger/druid valuable in a group.

It doesn’t matter that power ranger only does 5k dmg if its buffing 4 members by 20% dps, which for most of the more dps classes that would equate for 6-8k(1.6-2 per member) more group dps. If they took another class they would be losing dps, because we contribute 5+6-8k (11-13k) dps which is more than they contribute.

On top of the above we can fill multiple roles(healer, dps support, tank/healer) in raids and provide those buffs. Ranger has never been in a better position for group content.

To say the class is dead because we don’t bring a woping 10k personal dps just shows how little you know about the class. If personal dps matters that much to you then please, reroll a revenant and leave us rangers alone.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

(edited by Eval.2371)

Ranger is dead

in Ranger

Posted by: Jasper Defthand.3018

Jasper Defthand.3018

Are we really now arguing about which class can open world easiest… maybe I should just stop coming to forums…

Ranger is dead

in Ranger

Ardenwolfe.8590

This is the original post:

Using a legal damage meter (doesn’t break terms of service) I looked at my ranger’s damage over a decent period of time (several minutes). Simply put I was capping out at just a little over 5k dps. This isn’t enough to bring it to raids by its own. With frost spirit, sun spirit, and spotter ranger is just barely acceptable, but base ranger damage is not enough to kill the first boss with in the enrage timer. Don’t bring ranger outside of druid, and don’t play ranger in raids. I’m saying this as long time ranger main. Condi ranger basically isn’t any better either.

Now read this response:

If you enjoy killing stuff slowly[but you kill it], slap a tankier armor set on any class and press any keys. Open world is a joke, and judging ranger on open world is even funnier! Reaper is millions times “easier” than ranger.

Skill floor boys.

Now let me share a secret: Killing fast ain’t the end all be all. Nor is huge damage. If you’re dead, your damage ain’t squat. If that requires an explanation, then yes, please play another class. This one ain’t for you.

Ranger earned the most votes for the best and easiest class to solo play and survive. There’s a reason. Please stop screaming wolf on these forums.

You remember what happened to the boy who did, don’t you?

Are we really now arguing about which class can open world easiest… maybe I should just stop coming to forums…

Agreed. Seriously. Enough of this nonsense.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

Ranger is dead

in Ranger

Crapgame.6519

No Jasper, this isn’kitten It was just another GW2 troll posting about how bad he felt the Ranger was doing with regards to DPS. He has since been educated, well, at least provided various discussion points on his/her points of ignorance; and has not since posted.

Even if he/she posted back they would ignore the posts of enlightenment and continue to post biased opinions on how bad the class is. Now, those of us whom continue to play said Ranger know better. Such as those who post they are in Ruby or higher status in sPvP or who continue to down bosses in said Raid content.

No, the Ranger is not dead. Far from it.

We all know, on the other hand, that there is need of balance and tweaks. Nothing knew or unique to GW2. And we also know it won’t happen until after the first of the year. Why? Well, because this time of year, being holidays and what not, people take vacation or companies close down for a bit and clear out employees vacation. Save on power, save a few bucks on the vacation money that is mandatory in the US to set aside, etc.

I mean heck, they probably busted their kitten regardless of how kitten we feel over the druid, they do need a break. Heck, I am drinking a bottle of Twomey wine on their behalf now Couldn’t be happier and I’d suggest those of you of age do the same

Here is a toast to the extras!

Ranger is dead

in Ranger

FriendlyInvader.3126

This is the original post:

Now read this response:

Skill floor boys.

Now let me share a secret: Killing fast ain’t the end all be all. Nor is huge damage. If you’re dead, your damage ain’t squat. If that requires an explanation, then yes, please play another class. This one ain’t for you.

Ranger earned the most votes for the best and easiest class to solo play and survive. There’s a reason. Please stop screaming wolf on these forums.

You remember what happened to the boy who did, don’t you?

Agreed. Seriously. Enough of this nonsense.

The irony is that I quoted someone else when I made that response, not OP. Now, let me redirect you to the first page. I knew that he used the open source legal DPS meter, and called him out on it, knowing someone else that has knowledge on the DPS meter will call BS on his post, which occured several posts later.

“If you’re dead, your damage ain’t squat.”
——> THIS is why the devs barely talk to us on the forums

Three years guys, and people are still saying this line.

(edited by FriendlyInvader.3126)

Ranger is dead

in Ranger

Ardenwolfe.8590

No, the reason why the developers don’t touch us is because rangers can’t figure out what we want. I mean, look at this thread. Look at the fiasco with smokescale.

But I’ll tell you who does know what they want from rangers: our enemies and opponents in PvP.

And thus, the nerfs and ‘balancing’ you’re seeing.

With all due respect, FriendlyInvader, you seriously have no idea what you’re talking about. I guess that was proven when you somehow thought I linked your response as the ‘answer’ to the OP’s original opinion.

Hope I don’t have to explain how those two are actually linked.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

Ranger is dead

in Ranger

FriendlyInvader.3126

No, the reason why the developers don’t touch us is because rangers can’t figure out what we want. I mean, look at this thread. Look at the fiasco with smokescale.

But I’ll tell you who does know what they want from rangers: our enemies and opponents in PvP.

And thus, the nerfs and ‘balancing’ you’re seeing.

With all due respect, FriendlyInvader, you seriously have no idea what you’re talking about. I guess that was proven when you somehow thought I linked your response as the ‘answer’ to the OP’s original opinion.

Hope I don’t have to explain how those two are actually linked.

No its fine, you do not have to explain anything. If you think I know nothing, then you are entitled to your opinion, and I respect it, though I don’t agree with it.

Though I would not really blame the players for the clunky ranger profession, this would be a case where I blame the designer and not the player. In fact, I firmly believe that they need to release a major update where they look through all the base professions and give weapons identities and fix their design flaws. OR at least make it an iterative process.

Back to the original point of discussion:

The damage isn’t as bad as the meter puts it out to be, though I firmly believe we need a personal DPS boost in all honesty. The A/T viper build is pretty good, BUT on the condition that the enemy is standing still in the bonfire. I really I want an alternative that gives good damage, but does not have such a limiting factor to it. And the sword…on second thought, I wont beat a dead horse : P.

Ranger is dead

in Ranger

Crapgame.6519

Funny thing about damage meters is look at the history of other MMO’s that had API’s built in to support them. It actually caused more issues around class balance because Class A was top one patch, then Class B was on top the next patch, and Class C felt left out because it was the top several patches previously and now at the bottom…oh, and Class F, not to be left out, was adjusted down or nerfed because, well, its class defining ability made it invulnerable to damage and no one else had that…

The best thing going for GW2 is no inspection or damage meter. The golems or targets give guidelines. It works. And regardless of what side of the fence you are on it is true that dead players do no DPS. And death can come from player ignorance, network, and all around bad luck.

Ranger is dead

in Ranger

FriendlyInvader.3126

Funny thing about damage meters is look at the history of other MMO’s that had API’s built in to support them. It actually caused more issues around class balance because Class A was top one patch, then Class B was on top the next patch, and Class C felt left out because it was the top several patches previously and now at the bottom…oh, and Class F, not to be left out, was adjusted down or nerfed because, well, its class defining ability made it invulnerable to damage and no one else had that…

The best thing going for GW2 is no inspection or damage meter. The golems or targets give guidelines. It works. And regardless of what side of the fence you are on it is true that dead players do no DPS. And death can come from player ignorance, network, and all around bad luck.

Yes but a lot of people use it in the wrong context, to justify their builds that are built upon using the least amount of effort to succeed.

Ranger is dead

in Ranger

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

Everyone knows that.

So… bad spot = dead?

And are they really in such dire straights? No one else has it worse? Of course not! Yes, yes! Ranger is dead! 2012 dead. They’re zombies.

Rangers have been “dead” since the game came out of beta for some people. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

The only rational explanation as for why they persist in multiple compositions and game types is the illuminati.

Maybe go try out the Dragonhunter? They might have less triangles.

Ranger is dead

in Ranger

Posted by: grimenishi.4986

grimenishi.4986

I will say our damage is not the best nor worst, but it does feel weak. When I say weak, I mean we only have a the buff ranger for pure dps. I feel build diversity could use some work. I wish talents choose more of the type of damage you did more than the weapon. It would make for more interesting combos that are usually not seen because one weapon is a power weapon and another is condition. I also feel like with micro managing a pet we should have a bigger boost in dps than other non pet classes. I honestly feel greater diversity in my choices for my ele, warrior, and guardian than my ranger for Group PVE. At the least a 2nd high dos build would be nice: maybe we have not found it yet, but there should be more than just one option for competitive dps in raids and fractals.

Ranger is dead

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

And here we have another fun thread about how bad designed is the ranger.
And i fully agree, this class is the worst designed class in many games i’ve played up to now.

but it is not because the class is not fun to play, actually i think the ranger is the most fun in this game, maybe because is so inadequate for this game that make it awkward .

because we have to accept that the people behind the ranger and the druid wasn’t thinking in this game obviously. A game that rewards the zerker meta, speed clearing, and the meta dps classes and builds.

this is a game were passive support isn’t useful enough and the healing is not rewarded. Because ranger is not a DPS class and condi to drop up to 7k condition damage is not enough when a warrior can keep 20k average just hitting random skills. And even the same passive support can be given by other classes with better dps.

So yeah, ranger is dead. And druid will be soon enough, more and more people are asking for other classes as a healers.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!