Ranger lick wounds

Ranger lick wounds

in Ranger

Posted by: Jsvkkie.2037

Jsvkkie.2037

Do any other rangers experience the pet ress when ur down not working?
most of the times pet isnt dead, it doenst ress but today both were dead/down and it didnt ress me.

any fix to this anytime soon?

Ranger lick wounds

in Ranger

Posted by: Jazenn.7526

Jazenn.7526

It apparently doesn’t work on uneven ground. Bug that needs fixing because it is really annoying, and decides downed fights.

Ranger lick wounds

in Ranger

Posted by: iitwinz.1420

iitwinz.1420

Yes it’s a known bug, not sure when it’ll be fixed unfortunately

Server: Sea of Sorrows
IGN: Recommend -lvl 80 Ranger
Guild: Professors [PROF]

Ranger lick wounds

in Ranger

Posted by: FLFW.3105

FLFW.3105

This bug is around for atleast 2 or 3 months now and they dont give a rats kitten about it.

GuildWars 2 is good game with bad management.

Ranger lick wounds

in Ranger

Posted by: Wanderer.5471

Wanderer.5471

my doctor advised against me playing this class because of my high-blood pressure and the rage i experience when lick wounds fails to work.

Ranger lick wounds

in Ranger

Posted by: Velimirius.7018

Velimirius.7018

its lame how it takes them time since release to fix this, by this time they could even replace this kittenty skill and put something useful instead.

too much lazy to fix i guess, but not lazy to make more bugs.

Ranger lick wounds

in Ranger

Posted by: Serraphin Storm.2369

Serraphin Storm.2369

The pets not ressing isnt the bug. Its the effect of the bug. The dev have to go back an look at it to find the real bug just the effect of it. It can come for the charcter or the pets themselves the ui anything really a . in the wrong place.

I didnt know this was a problem for the first 3 months. I didnt spend much time laying on my back side and you call the Devs :p . But seriously give them a break Its not as easy as we think.

In order to properly understand the big picture,
everyone should fear becoming mentally clouded and obsessed with one small section of truth.

Ranger lick wounds

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

This bug is seriously starting to freak me out. You don’t have to be on uneven ground, this skill simply lets me down so many times in spvp I’ve lost count. I swear it works at most 1 time out of 10.

Really Anet devs – can you please fix this skill? It’s beyond frustrating having the pet run over to you, and then just standing there. It could have saved me many times over if it would just work.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Ranger lick wounds

in Ranger

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I’ve noticed some pets seem to do it all the time while others don’t.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Ranger lick wounds

in Ranger

Posted by: Maximum Potato.5923

Maximum Potato.5923

Bump for great justice. This is a serious bug, since it pretty much invalidates one of our downed skills.

Who’s a good boy? Not you, since you aggro’d the BLOODY CHAMP-

Ranger lick wounds

in Ranger

Posted by: Aegis.9724

Aegis.9724

i got used to it, now when i’m about to die i automatically look at my feets, looking for a comfy and even place, even on my non-ranger alts.

Ranger lick wounds

in Ranger

Posted by: Maximum Potato.5923

Maximum Potato.5923

i got used to it, now when i’m about to die i automatically look at my feets, looking for a comfy and even place, even on my non-ranger alts.

But you shouldn’t have to do that. No other class needs to find a convenient place to die in order to revive themselves.

Who’s a good boy? Not you, since you aggro’d the BLOODY CHAMP-

Ranger lick wounds

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Level ground is not the issue here.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Ranger lick wounds

in Ranger

Posted by: TheGreatA.4192

TheGreatA.4192

Bugged garbage, like much of what has to do with the pet. When you go down, unless underwater (for whatever reason it works OP there), just search for the closest waypoint already, it’s over.

Metsän Suojelija (guard)/Puun Halaaja (engi)/Pieni Musta Rotta (warrior)/Viher Rauha (necro)

Ranger lick wounds

in Ranger

Posted by: Arekai.5698

Arekai.5698

This bug is known since months but Anet doesn’t give a kitten about the ranger class, so it’s not going to get fixed.
Sad but true story.

Ranger lick wounds

in Ranger

Posted by: Fella Feller.4936

Fella Feller.4936

Make sure that when you cast it you hit the ability only once, and don’t touch anything else till the pet is actually rezzing you.

This is by no means a 100% workaround, but does seem to help quite a bit. ‘Interupting’ the cast of Lick Wounds with any of the other skills seems a sure fire way to get it to bug out.

The Tally family of Desolation-
Victor(Ranger), Astral(Ele), Martial(Warrior), Erroneous(Mes), Ticker(Engi), Ravin(Thief)
with special guests Hematophagia(Necro) and Grace Burns(Guardian)

Ranger lick wounds

in Ranger

Posted by: Serraphin Storm.2369

Serraphin Storm.2369

Bugged garbage, like much of what has to do with the pet. When you go down, unless underwater (for whatever reason it works OP there), just search for the closest waypoint already, it’s over.

Why do that. As rangers we have the best down state (when pets work). We have acess to our f skills. Other than a warrior ranger are the only ones that have a real shot at ralling. wether its pvp or pve. For other classes one you blow your interupt its over. With ranger you still have you pet.

In order to properly understand the big picture,
everyone should fear becoming mentally clouded and obsessed with one small section of truth.

Ranger lick wounds

in Ranger

Posted by: DeadBishop.6058

DeadBishop.6058

Really helpful when you’re down, your pet may or may not die a while after that and when you finally can use Lick Wounds it’s just don’t work properly

Luna El Storm – [DOOM] Elementalist

Ranger lick wounds

in Ranger

Posted by: TheRain.4792

TheRain.4792

Seems to have always worked for me…

You are now manually breathing. You’re welcome.

Ranger lick wounds

in Ranger

Posted by: TheGreatA.4192

TheGreatA.4192

Why do that. As rangers we have the best down state (when pets work). We have acess to our f skills. Other than a warrior ranger are the only ones that have a real shot at ralling. wether its pvp or pve. For other classes one you blow your interupt its over. With ranger you still have you pet.

That is if they work. The point of this thread is that it doesn’t.

Metsän Suojelija (guard)/Puun Halaaja (engi)/Pieni Musta Rotta (warrior)/Viher Rauha (necro)

Ranger lick wounds

in Ranger

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

my doctor advised against me playing this class because of my high-blood pressure and the rage i experience when lick wounds fails to work.

I’d love to hear what he told you about playing the Engineer class .

Ranger lick wounds

in Ranger

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

rangers have the best downstate in the game just pick your dieing spots correctly as your pet can even heal you while it is dead .(i assume that will be fixed tho)

Ranger lick wounds

in Ranger

Posted by: gaborkaldy.3210

gaborkaldy.3210

rangers have the best downstate in the game just pick your dieing spots correctly as your pet can even heal you while it is dead .(i assume that will be fixed tho)

If they “fix” that pet can can heal you while they are killed that would result a totally broken Nr.2 skill as pets are dieing from a bigger fart.

Though this conception would greatly support developers work in the past few months. They surely have and own forum thread called " How to destroy the Ranger class."

Personally i gave up on devs andi am power leveling my Warrior just now via crafting its already 52 and enough token waits in the bank to buy cof and ac armor set for it.

It’s always Beer Time!
Desolation – [TEU]

Ranger lick wounds

in Ranger

Posted by: Wanderer.5471

Wanderer.5471

I’d love to hear what he told you about playing the Engineer class .

what? they can interrupt twice in a row when downed and self-rez multiple times with a utility skill faster than you can stomp!

Ranger lick wounds

in Ranger

Posted by: Vargoth.3106

Vargoth.3106

this bug happens ALL the time, its not just a sometimes thing; its about 90% of the time. And I’m talking only about when the pet is alive; i wouldn’t expect a dead one to heal you.

Also, I’ve noticed a few times that it did work that, even when the pet is killed, it continues to heal. This effect I find is consistent.

Interesting note: I play pure dps (for the underpowered challenge of it) but when I’ve played a bunker/beatmastery build this downed ability worked 100% of the time. I have no idea why.

Of course this is a major kittening bug and should have been fixed LONG ago but what I am asking you guys is: have you learned any tricks that get this spell to work consistently or at least a higher percentage of the time (and don’t say “make sure your pet is alive first”; we went over that n00b)?

Ranger lick wounds

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

It is very frustrating. Its a great ability but it just never works.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold