Ranger on SOTG ???

Ranger on SOTG ???

in Ranger

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

Can we get a ranger on State of The Game to ask some real questions?

Ranger on SOTG ???

in Ranger

Posted by: Bambula.3649

Bambula.3649

ask this in the SOTG thread, maybe a better chance

Orga for [WUMS]

Ranger on SOTG ???

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

What happened to that guy who just listed a bunch of questions instead of talking to the guy like the other class reps and then laughed at his own Power Ranger joke while nobody else did?

Ranger on SOTG ???

in Ranger

Posted by: Bambula.3649

Bambula.3649

you mean in the last SOTG, that was battosai

Orga for [WUMS]

Ranger on SOTG ???

in Ranger

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

What happened to that guy who just listed a bunch of questions instead of talking to the guy like the other class reps and then laughed at his own Power Ranger joke while nobody else did?

Some poeple are better at self presentation than others, but there is no denying that Battosai is experienced when it comes to rangers, and its not like he is a politician that owes anything to you anyway.

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF

Ranger on SOTG ???

in Ranger

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

Presentation not being judged there he came across to me as very much a yes man so I wasn’t surprised that the question he asked got sidestep and the community did not get nearly as much information/feedback as the other profession seem to get.

Either that or they really don’t like the idea of verbally communicating the balancing of ranger.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

Ranger on SOTG ???

in Ranger

nagymbear.5280

I agree with you on that, it seemed like something that ANet wanted to get over with, and was handled as such. But to be frank I don’t remeber the other guys mentioning anything ranger related either. Ranger is probably a non issue for a while in pvp, so no major changes coming I guess. I don’t think that has anything to do with Battosai though. What interests me more is why there was no SoTG for 2 months. Prolly due to summer, but still…

Ranger on SOTG ???

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

He was played over by the other guys who are more experienced at this sort of thing . It happens

Ranger on SOTG ???

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

If it makes a difference, I talked to the guys that are going to be doing the SoTG and asked them if they would please take some time out of the SoTG to focus on the ranger profession, and instead of just talking about meta builds, ask some follow ups and in general, what the devs want the ranger to be accomplishing and why they make the balance changes they do in order to get the ranger to that goal.

I was told that they would do their best to work it in to the discussion. So no guarantees, but at least I got a response, so we’ll find out tomorrow I guess.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

Ranger on SOTG ???

in Ranger

Posted by: Miflett.3472

Miflett.3472

I’m bumping this for visibility, if for nothing else.

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]

Ranger on SOTG ???

in Ranger

Posted by: Battosai.5620

Battosai.5620

think i’ve apologized a few times already for my performance on the SoTG – it was 2 a.m. in the morning for me and during my internship, while this is not a perfectly fine excuse, i still should have done better.
so sorry again for that.

Ranger on SOTG ???

in Ranger

Miflett.3472

think i’ve apologized a few times already for my performance on the SoTG – it was 2 a.m. in the morning for me and during my internship, while this is not a perfectly fine excuse, i still should have done better.
so sorry again for that.

It’s never really the person the people mean to attack, it just feels sometimes for certain players that they are in a soundproof box screaming while no one listens to them. We all feel that way sometimes; it’s a bad place to be.

No doubt about it though, we need some REAL talk going on. Not just some casual greetings. Half of that is up to personal preference, though, I will admit. I know it’s hard to push someone for more when you’re face to face, and it is to be expected — just part of the process.

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]

(edited by Miflett.3472)

Ranger on SOTG ???

in Ranger

Chokolata.1870

As many times as I have watched any SOTG, it always seems to me that everyone is patting themselves on the back and agreeing how awesome they are and the game is . Never have i heard any kind of pushing for change, or getting the developer to answer some tough questions . It is quite sad .

Ranger on SOTG ???

in Ranger

nagymbear.5280

I remember Xeph in a dark living room sitting on the floor not buying devs bs. I didn’t watch the SOTG more than once though. Other than the last part I didn’t have that impression to be honest.

Ranger on SOTG ???

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

Most SoTGs people have only cared about what was happening to their class when they talked to devs, and then trying to get classes they don’t like playing against nerfed. Inevitably they end up talking about features more than they should, which, while important to people that are already PvPing, isn’t going to do a thing to entice more people to go play PvP if the balance isn’t where they want it to be.

Sometimes I really wish I could get a glimpse at the code used for balancing, to see what exactly it is that is so complicated about implementing certain changes.

Ranger on SOTG ???

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Most SoTGs people have only cared about what was happening to their class when they talked to devs, and then trying to get classes they don’t like playing against nerfed. Inevitably they end up talking about features more than they should, which, while important to people that are already PvPing, isn’t going to do a thing to entice more people to go play PvP if the balance isn’t where they want it to be.

Sometimes I really wish I could get a glimpse at the code used for balancing, to see what exactly it is that is so complicated about implementing certain changes.

To be fair, if they find things overpowered about their own class they tend to be vocal on it too. But they are quite ignorant of the classes they don’t play. Even if they don’t understand the specifics of the Ranger class, most everyone knows how passive the class is at this point so at the very least they should be able to raise concernes about that.

It’s just aggrivating trying to point out issues with this class. In the sPvP forum you can’t have a debate because so long as a class has some spec that works you’re not allow to complain about your class. In this forum you can’t bring up issues because of all the ANet and Ranger appologists trying to talk about how the faults of this class are justified because of the perceived strength of their respective spec. In WvW you can try to talk about it, but since the Ranger makes a strong roamer (it doesn’t, but it does well against Thieves so it has to be a good roamer in people’s mind) they feel the complete failure outside of roaming is justified.

Ranger on SOTG ???

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I wish I could be on the SOTG =(

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Ranger on SOTG ???

in Ranger

Chokolata.1870

id want to be too… but alas… I am a newbie

Ranger on SOTG ???

in Ranger

nagymbear.5280

We need him on the podcast.

Ranger on SOTG ???

in Ranger

Levetty.1279

Some poeple are better at self presentation than others, but there is no denying that Battosai is experienced when it comes to rangers, and its not like he is a politician that owes anything to you anyway.

I was just asking what happened to him.

Ranger on SOTG ???

in Ranger

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Battosai did fine. It was actually Jonathon Sharp who encouraged him to list off his questions instead of have a back and forth conversation. I don’t blame Battosai for how that went down.

I laughed at the Power Rangers joke.

Ranger on SOTG ???

in Ranger

Levetty.1279

Battosai did fine. It was actually Jonathon Sharp who encouraged him to list off his questions instead of have a back and forth conversation. I don’t blame Battosai for how that went down.

I laughed at the Power Rangers joke.

Yeah, its definitely obvious that Battosai cares 100% more about Rangers then anybody at Anet.

Ranger on SOTG ???

in Ranger

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

Rofl..Seems Warrior Shouts need a Buff..

I’m not kidding, They’re actually looking at Buffing Warriors some more..specifically their Shouts.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

Ranger on SOTG ???

in Ranger

Miflett.3472

They consider the ranger class a new player class; all of us can’t play a class with more than 2 things to do at once apparently.

The skill ceiling on other classes can go up, but hell if you change diaper mode ranger passives.

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]

Ranger on SOTG ???

in Ranger

Posted by: Indoles.1467

Indoles.1467

Two big problems right now are A ) Most top pvp players don’t play ranger because they don’t like the idea of the pet. B ) Most top pvp players are very sick of seeing the low skill floor and ceiling spirit ranger (even after the nerf).

If you talk to any of the top pvpers, they know nothing, absolutely nothing, about ranger. All they know is that ranger relies heavily upon passive ai (something very high skilled players despise) and that rangers are super easy to play (even though they aren’t, they only see the builds that are the strongest, which happen to be extrememly simple while effective).

Ranger on SOTG ???

in Ranger

Posted by: Sarision.6347

Sarision.6347

If you talk to any of the top pvpers, they know nothing, absolutely nothing, about ranger. All they know is that ranger relies heavily upon passive ai (something very high skilled players despise) and that rangers are super easy to play (even though they aren’t, they only see the builds that are the strongest, which happen to be extrememly simple while effective).

As someone doesn’t play PvP, I agree with you, because that’s exactly what I saw in the PvP forum.

Ranger on SOTG ???

in Ranger

Miflett.3472

Two big problems right now are A ) Most top pvp players don’t play ranger because they don’t like the idea of the pet. B ) Most top pvp players are very sick of seeing the low skill floor and ceiling spirit ranger (even after the nerf).

I couldn’t agree more. The Ego of some of these guys is off the charts. They don’t get that ranged dps fighters WANT to be very active in fights. Instead, the skillfull ranger community is passed off as new players with no ability.

The problem is that they are perfecting their so called skillfull builds while denying any of that to ranger. Are they afraid of having the ranger be based on skill, rather than passives and terrible AI?

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]

(edited by Miflett.3472)

Ranger on SOTG ???

in Ranger

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

I’d like to nominate xsorus for the next SOTG 8D

Ranger on SOTG ???

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

I have some serious issues with this post. First of all, there plenty of “top” players that main ranger. Those people do know a lot about their class, as well as other classes. There have been plenty of people who have told me about the double pulse-infinite duration blind on sun spirit, yet the vast majority of rangers I know didn’t know that. (Plenty don’t even know that Axe #3 has a weakness application, and can be used out of combat to buff your pet)

I believe that the main issue with rangers stems from their opponents’ incapability to realize that the meta build is purpose built for 1v1, and if they try to bring their teamfight build against the ranger, they will lose provided both players play at an equal skill level.

The issue with skill ceilings for ranger builds is really simple. The potential for high skill play is there, which is evident in mirror matchups between rangers, or backpoint vs backpoint matchups (Ranger vs Engie). The problem is that there is no need for players to execute that high skill play. The mesmer who attacks the ranger backpoint with his midfight build will feel like the ranger class is very easy, because he is effectively choosing to fight a class that is built to kill him. If the mesmer dropped the midfight build, and took one built to kill a ranger, suddenly the ranger will have to play much better in order to win.

The spirit ranger who brings shortbow, rabid amulet, and the 66% bleed on crit trait will be much stronger in midfights than an A/T S/D ranger with shaman’s amulet and 10 in marksmanship, yet once the two are pitted 1v1, the shaman ranger will have no problem destroying the rabid ranger 1v1. Its a simple build order win, which is why I believe most classes tend to hate rangers.

Ranger | Elementalist

Ranger on SOTG ???

in Ranger

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

pls somebody link me this sotg where batosai talked

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

Ranger on SOTG ???

in Ranger

nagymbear.5280

Here’s the youtube link, here’s the twitch link.

Ranger on SOTG ???

in Ranger

Xsorus.2507

I’d like to nominate xsorus for the next SOTG 8D

I have no patience for something like, Soon as someone said something stupid I would go off on them.

Plus its an SPvP SOTG, which I simply don’t do, if they had a WvW one i might consider it but I don’t much for what happens in SPvP, only when it actually affects the other parts of the game.

Ranger on SOTG ???

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

I’d say Eurantien then. I gather that he/she has lots of experience with both the ranger class and with PvP itself, and would be a fair candidate for an SoTG.

Ranger on SOTG ???

in Ranger

Xsorus.2507

Eurantien would be good for the SPvP SOTG as he does actually SPvP

Ranger on SOTG ???

in Ranger

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

We still have too much attention on Ranger in sPvP thank you very much.

Until SOTG gets a little “WvW/PvE Corner” segment, I’d prefer they just stayed as quiet as possible and maybe then every single patch wouldn’t be another ranger nerf

Ranger on SOTG ???

in Ranger

Posted by: Indoles.1467

Indoles.1467

I have some serious issues with this post. First of all, there plenty of “top” players that main ranger. Those people do know a lot about their class, as well as other classes. There have been plenty of people who have told me about the double pulse-infinite duration blind on sun spirit, yet the vast majority of rangers I know didn’t know that. (Plenty don’t even know that Axe #3 has a weakness application, and can be used out of combat to buff your pet)

I believe that the main issue with rangers stems from their opponents’ incapability to realize that the meta build is purpose built for 1v1, and if they try to bring their teamfight build against the ranger, they will lose provided both players play at an equal skill level.

The issue with skill ceilings for ranger builds is really simple. The potential for high skill play is there, which is evident in mirror matchups between rangers, or backpoint vs backpoint matchups (Ranger vs Engie). The problem is that there is no need for players to execute that high skill play. The mesmer who attacks the ranger backpoint with his midfight build will feel like the ranger class is very easy, because he is effectively choosing to fight a class that is built to kill him. If the mesmer dropped the midfight build, and took one built to kill a ranger, suddenly the ranger will have to play much better in order to win.

The spirit ranger who brings shortbow, rabid amulet, and the 66% bleed on crit trait will be much stronger in midfights than an A/T S/D ranger with shaman’s amulet and 10 in marksmanship, yet once the two are pitted 1v1, the shaman ranger will have no problem destroying the rabid ranger 1v1. Its a simple build order win, which is why I believe most classes tend to hate rangers.

Maybe I’m misunderstanding, but you are basically saying that most rangers don’t understand their class and that the ranger’s problem lies in a misconception of others. Rangers (outside of spirits) are terrible team players. If you have one on your team, you are forced to either keep them home or send them far because they A ) Provide almost no team buffs/aid. B ) Tend to have fairly poor sustain (lacking stun breakers, stability, active condition cleansing are the biggest offenders). C ) Have very poor aoe. I don’t think most teams want one of their players to be limited so heavily in what they are effective at.

Ranger on SOTG ???

in Ranger

Miflett.3472

One thing is for sure, there is waaaaaaaaay too much hate on rangers in the sPvP forum. They go on about how balance isn’t needed right now, and how they’d like to see extra functionality; that’s sure as hell easy to say when your sitting on a necro/warrior/engineer.

All rangers are imature cry babies that let the game play itself, says most pvpers. I considered myself a die hard pvper before this mmo came along. I’ve played DAoC and WAR religiously for years — to have my beloved ranged dps class go down the kittenter while they are here championing esports is sad. You know, the best pvp MMOs never gave a kitten about esports.

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]

(edited by Miflett.3472)