Ranger pet - aggressive bug 1 month already!

in Ranger

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

Anet, sincerely… I and hundreds of other rangers are offended …
Isn’t it enough that people call names on us for playing ranger?
Why do we have to be additionally punished with this bug?

Imagine next:

• mesmer clones would not shatter
  • guardian virtues wouldn’t go off
  • engie couldn’t switch form
  • warrior couldn’t use any F1 skills
  • Fire Attunement wouldn’t work for ele
    …… and so on…

That’s how we feel.. when you take 33% of class power to be bugged..
    It’s game breaking for sPvP, WvW… ruins Fractals and dungeons….

IT’s time to take this bug serious, TY..

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

in Ranger

Posted by: Renn.8241

Renn.8241

~Renn~ Jade Quarry – Norn, – Ranger.

in Ranger

Posted by: Renn.8241

Renn.8241

Also it hasn’t quite been a month – 3 weeks.

~Renn~ Jade Quarry – Norn, – Ranger.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kolisch.4691

Kolisch.4691

If only you put the other things into perspective like if other classes’ toolbelt/attunements can be killed like our pets? No cleansing ire/shatter/virtues most of the time. That’s how much they loathe us.

HoT = Grind Wars 2
HoT = WvW players forced to PVE

in Ranger

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

I know they are looking into it, but to me.. this is like:
“Hi guys, we know we have a bug, bare with us, we have no time to fix it right now, so please stop writing about it, we will fix it in next few weeks when we find 15min.”

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

in Ranger

Posted by: Terkov.4138

Terkov.4138

Your examples are far overexaggerated. It took me less than a week to start clicking F3 all the time without thinking about it xD Annoying? Yes. Gamebreaking? lol no.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kolisch.4691

Kolisch.4691

Your examples are far overexaggerated. It took me less than a week to start clicking F3 all the time without thinking about it xD Annoying? Yes. Gamebreaking? lol no.

I’ve pressed f3 so much on my ranger I subconsciously do it on my other classes when I go past things or be in situations where my ranger had to it (in front of a paper tower my ranger wants to ninja solo)

HoT = Grind Wars 2
HoT = WvW players forced to PVE

in Ranger

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

That thread got locked due to the last post (off topic lecture/name calling) I think.

(edited by Blude.6812)

in Ranger

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

(1) Did you really need to instantly complain about it again?

(2) Don’t try to speak for other rangers about what we’re “offended” by. If other’s are “offended”, they’ll say so.

(3) Do you know anything about programming? From the previous thread and your comment about it “taking 15 minutes”, I assume you don’t know much about programming.

(4) There is a big difference between having to call your pet back to you more often as opposed to entire mechanics not working at all. That is a massive difference. If you wanted an actually accurate comparison, it’d be if our pet just stayed dead no matter what. That isn’t what is going on.

(5) I’m still perfectly capable of running Lvl 49 Fractals on my Ranger with this bug. Heck, we 3-manned one two to three nights ago. Why aren’t you able to do fractals? What has made this so “game-breaking” ? It hasn’t prevented me from performing quite well all across the game (dungeons, fractals, open world, sPvP, WvW).

It will get fixed when it gets fixed. A rushed fix will likely break the next time they change anything close to it. A well-done fix is less likely to break again. Learn patience.

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

in Ranger

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

That thread go locked due to the last post (off topic lecture/name calling) I think.

And this one is probably going to end the same way as somebody like to complain about these types of threads.

From nearly the beginning the developers and this subforum/subste of the community have not gotten on too well. From the ‘big’ changes that lead to the aquaman patch, the ‘animation fix’ nerf (grow a pair and call a spade a spade would do wonders for the communication by the way) and the need to make use the ‘rainbow jellyfish’ was actually a different enough model, to the admission that they pet issue will only be bandaid fixed (low hanging fruit) almost forgot (more like repressed) the farce that was the Ranger CDI.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

That thread got locked due to the last post (off topic lecture/name calling) I think.

The post i guess was from our white knight Sebrent i guess, ‘cos i didn’t understand.

It will get fixed when it gets fixed. A rushed fix will likely break the next time they change anything close to it. A well-done fix is less likely to break again. Learn patience.

Ok i see you keep talking trash. I am a professional programmer (i get paid for it) and for how you talk you have not clue what you are saying, so please think before you share this diamonds with us.

Now, actually the problem could be a nightmare to fix, but that depends how the libraries and routines were defined at first. If the did a mess that’s not our fault.
This behaviour should be as easy to fix as before the attack to check if the flag that control the pet status is active. That should be stored somewhere. Even if the routine is shared in some way with the other objects in game that flag should be unique and should be accessible from the routine that control the actions of the object.

There is not excuse not to have given any news or fixed this already, we are not talking about a week, we are talking now about a month. And the lead programmer/team leader should know and care enough to keep us posted or at least to inform the PR what to say.

Same with many other bugs that looks simply easy enough to have them fixed already. They don’t have people to check it out because they have their resources in HoT and only have one guy to do it all, again is not our fault. That’s not a really good way of exercising PR.

As i pointed in the other thread, while in PvE does not bother much, the strong point of this game is PvP and WvW that a pet that does not obey really breaks this class.
So you should stop insulting people and begin to listen. There is always a reason for the people complaining if there is so many (even if Anet wouldn’t acknowledge this bug)

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in Ranger

Sebrent.3625

As a programmer, then you should know better than to assume anything about a codebase you have not laid eyes on.

You should also be aware that there are several signs of bad coupling. Heck, I remember when them fixing Mesmer clones to also hold the offhand weapon resulted in none of the Mesmers weapons (Trident + Spear) working underwater. Then some other fix completely unrelated to either of those removed the offhand weapon from Mesmer clones again.

As such, you should be aware that it probably is not an easy fix … especially if it was caused by them trying to put in new code piecemeal for the upcoming expansion.

I agree that this behavior could (and should if isn’t) be handled with a very simple boolean flag, but given that we have zero knowledge of their codebase and the evidence of bad coupling, it is only an assumption that whoever coded it did it that way (and we know what assumptions do…).

As a professional programmer, you should be well aware of some of the “bass ackwards” ways some people code things which then causes problems for the rest of us.

You can call it “white knight” all you want, but then you’d be ignoring my post history. Is there some rule or shtick against having an opinion about rudeness, being toxic, etc? I didn’t realize we wanted to pander to those things. Would you prefer someone who just bandwagons with every complaint made on the forums?

I have no issues with people saying things like:

• “Hey, it’s been a month. Can we get an update on this?”
  • “This is aggravating. I hate this.”
  • “This sucks.”

People are entitled to their opinions.

I do have issues with people:

• Treating people poorly over something you don’t have all the information about … I don’t care what you think you know. You either do or don’t know something … assumptions aren’t knowing.
  • Claiming it completely breaks the class … many of us are still doing just fine … it’s inconvenient but not game breaking. This is claiming a fact when it is not a fact.
  • Claiming things on behalf of other people … people can speak for themselves if they have a problem with something

P.S.
Sr. Developer here too bud. Not some unpaid hobbyist.

Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

in Ranger

Posted by: Elendur.9342

Elendur.9342

Meh, I am honestly more kittened about the bug on the norn personal story that haven’t been fixed yet…

My main character is a human ranger, and I am honestly not having much trouble with my pets…

in Ranger

Posted by: Darkness.9732

Darkness.9732

guys ranger class is kittened up heavily.

No sense playing ranger It has too many limits.
If you fight versus a decent player you will be smashed easily no matter what.
If you fight versus a noob ok you ll win.
Ranger is totally broken since 3 years.
Just give up on it and on pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Fixed today.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

in Ranger

Elendur.9342

guys ranger class is kittened up heavily.

No sense playing ranger It has too many limits.
If you fight versus a decent player you will be smashed easily no matter what.
If you fight versus a noob ok you ll win.
Ranger is totally broken since 3 years.
Just give up on it and on pets

Well, it is a fun class, IMO
Of course, I am not a huge fan of PvP, so I don’t care that much about how ranger plays against other classes, but I really like playing a ranger.
Pets definitely needs improvement though, maybe Druid will fix that, hopefully…

in Ranger

Elendur.9342

Fixed today.

Cool!

in Ranger

Sebrent.3625

Thanks for the update, Gaile!

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-April-14-2015

I hope George isn’t put on passive too much. A cat has to eat, right? :-p

Better yourself.

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

Fixed today.

Thanks Gaile!

Sorry that you guys have to deal with such… vitriolic? (nice way of saying it) responses. Gaming communities tend to not understand the nuances of development and the idea that even if developers care deeply and passionately and want to make the game perfect, they still work for a company with marketing and management schedules and etc.

So yes, thank you for the continued communication, and pass on some thanks to the dev teams as well. Being a developer can be a truly thankless job, so before people inevitably chime in with the “kitten ed if you do, kitten ed if you don’t” responses, some of us here would like to express that we are truly and actually thankful for the job you guys do.

As a CompSci grad, the idea of getting a job where I have free reign of development, my bosses listen to and understand everything I want to do and allow me to do it on my own time and schedule, AND still have time communicate every single little nuance to a community because I, like them, am super passionate about the product and its topics? Sign me up, sounds like a dream (fantasy) job haha.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Ranger

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Fixed today.

All Ranger pets have been ‘fixed’ ? No wonder it took so long; that’s a lot of painful surgery.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Ranger

Posted by: Lakshmi.5941

Lakshmi.5941

Fixed today.

Hurray! and thanks! I was beginning to wear the text off my F3 key. :P

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Fixed today.

All Ranger pets have been ‘fixed’ ? No wonder it took so long; that’s a lot of painful surgery.

How long were you saving that one! ;-)

in Ranger

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Anet, sincerely… I and hundreds of other rangers are offended …
Isn’t it enough that people call names on us for playing ranger?
Why do we have to be additionally punished with this bug?

Imagine next:

• mesmer clones would not shatter
  • guardian virtues wouldn’t go off
  • engie couldn’t switch form
  • warrior couldn’t use any F1 skills
  • Fire Attunement wouldn’t work for ele
    …… and so on…

That’s how we feel.. when you take 33% of class power to be bugged..
    It’s game breaking for sPvP, WvW… ruins Fractals and dungeons….

IT’s time to take this bug serious, TY..

They released a patch today – a supposed fix but they pulled a whole season of other stuff?!?!

They are working on other things and not stopping to make sure the basic mechanics of each character are, this is not the only bug not being addressed.

Rangers aren’t the only ones “broken” but we are the only ones with a “mouse only click” to control any of our actions

No keybind, no way to control our pet to put it on permanent do not attack.

We still aren’t being listened to. Why no keybind?

Someday there will be a game that listens… Someday.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

(edited by atheria.2837)

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Rangers aren’t the only ones “broken” but we are the only ones with a “mouse only click” to control any of our actions

If you’re talking about “Avoid Combat/Guard” toggle, the keybind was added awhile ago. They just never added it to the patch notes.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Ranger-Pet-Combat-Toggle-in-Control-Options/first#post4970558

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Sebrent.3625

Someday there will be gamers that check their facts before complaining … someday

Better yourself.

in Ranger

atheria.2837

If you’re talking about “Avoid Combat/Guard” toggle, the keybind was added awhile ago. They just never added it to the patch notes.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Ranger-Pet-Combat-Toggle-in-Control-Options/first#post4970558

Apparently you don’t read your own links…

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

(edited by atheria.2837)

in Ranger

atheria.2837

Someday there will be gamers that check their facts before complaining … someday

And someday some will go to the links and find out that the information given isn’t what the person posting is says it is.

If you say there is a keybind for the actions that don’t have any, then tell where and how to get to them, don’t dis the person asking the question.

Attacking others isn’t civil discourse.

in Ranger

Sebrent.3625

Options —> Keybinds.
Look near the bottom.

We had a discussion about this in another thread in these very forums as, when I came back, I didn’t know it’d been added either.

… but I wasn’t complaining about it :-p

Learn to be part of a joke sometimes … it will happen to you throughout life as you will make mistakes.

Better yourself.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Apparently you don’t read your own links…

Apparently you didn’t read the entire thread the link went to :^)

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Blude.6812

The post i guess was from our white knight Sebrent i guess, ‘cos i didn’t understand.

Ok i see you keep talking trash. I am a professional programmer (i get paid for it) and for how you talk you have not clue what you are saying, so please think before you share this diamonds with us.

Now, actually the problem could be a nightmare to fix, but that depends how the libraries and routines were defined at first. If the did a mess that’s not our fault.
This behaviour should be as easy to fix as before the attack to check if the flag that control the pet status is active. That should be stored somewhere. Even if the routine is shared in some way with the other objects in game that flag should be unique and should be accessible from the routine that control the actions of the object.

There is not excuse not to have given any news or fixed this already, we are not talking about a week, we are talking now about a month. And the lead programmer/team leader should know and care enough to keep us posted or at least to inform the PR what to say.

Same with many other bugs that looks simply easy enough to have them fixed already. They don’t have people to check it out because they have their resources in HoT and only have one guy to do it all, again is not our fault. That’s not a really good way of exercising PR.

As i pointed in the other thread, while in PvE does not bother much, the strong point of this game is PvP and WvW that a pet that does not obey really breaks this class.
So you should stop insulting people and begin to listen. There is always a reason for the people complaining if there is so many (even if Anet wouldn’t acknowledge this bug)

Yep—the over the top, holier than thou white knight blight was who I was referring too.
But of course he is entitled to is own opinion. Too bad it was so rude.
Oh well it’s fixed

in Ranger

Sebrent.3625

Are you really complaining that someone’s critique of someone else being rude was also rude?

So,
Step (1) be rude to developers without knowing all the information.
Step (2) someone tells you you’re being rude.
Step (3) complain about how rude it was that someone told you you were being rude?

Lol.

Feel free to PM me about what you thought was:
“over the top”
“holier than thou”

Also … last I checked, a “White Knight” was a good thing.
When did it become a bad thing? Is a “Black Knight” the new “hotness” ?
I’m also curious what constitutes someone being a “White Knight” … other than “not agreeing with people that are griping/complaining”.

I feel like I’ve stepped into some bizzarro universe whenever I see that used in a derogatory manner.

Better yourself.

in Ranger

Blude.6812

It’s not worth the time or the effort.
Bug is fixed, thank you anet. Going back to the game using passive.