Ranger's Viability In WvW

in Ranger

Posted by: Mord.9237

Mord.9237

Hey Rangers! Returning to the game after a long break, and I’m an avid WvW player. Before I finish leveling my Ranger, I have to know, why are there hardly any builds for it or talk of it at all post June 23rd changes? Did the trait changes hurt them? Are they that terrible? I understand they’re fairly selfish with buffing and have little to no fields etc, but are they still “viable”? I mainly just want to have fun, and while I understand and appreciate a certain level of min maxing is required to excel at this game, isn’t sitting back sniping squish targets or pressuring their frontline still helpful? I guess my question is, what are the current builds used in WvW, both roaming and zerging, and should I bother leveling my ranger, or just play my thief who also suffers from limited helpfulness in zergs (aside from the ever boring venom share build)? Or should I play another class entirely? And why can’t something be fun AND useful Anet? Lol thanks for your time and your responses everyone!

~Mord

“Do or do not, there is no try.”
Engi Build Compilation

in Ranger

Posted by: Mitz.5741

Mitz.5741

Hey Rangers! Returning to the game after a long break, and I’m an avid WvW player. Before I finish leveling my Ranger, I have to know, why are there hardly any builds for it or talk of it at all post June 23rd changes? Did the trait changes hurt them? Are they that terrible? I understand they’re fairly selfish with buffing and have little to no fields etc, but are they still “viable”? I mainly just want to have fun, and while I understand and appreciate a certain level of min maxing is required to excel at this game, isn’t sitting back sniping squish targets or pressuring their frontline still helpful? I guess my question is, what are the current builds used in WvW, both roaming and zerging, and should I bother leveling my ranger, or just play my thief who also suffers from limited helpfulness in zergs (aside from the ever boring venom share build)? Or should I play another class entirely? And why can’t something be fun AND useful Anet? Lol thanks for your time and your responses everyone!

~Mord

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/New-Builds-List-All-modes-All-welcome/first#post5209297

I think you were looking for this

I’d say Rangers are still usefull in WvW both in zergs and in roaming

Ty for killing bronze league, now i cant play

(edited by Mitz.5741)

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Always useful in WvW. Format is basically run what you brung unless you are in a guild run or specific group that likes certain builds.

At the end of the day any class can, and is, useful. You should really play what you enjoy. Otherwise you are just setting yourself up for failure and will be taking another long break.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)