Ranger's Warhorn Suggestion

in Ranger

Posted by: DanSH.6143

DanSH.6143

Hey fellow rangers, I’d like to have your feedback about this idea I have about the warhorn:
warhorn’s skill #4 “Hunter’s Call” should inflict 2 seconds of blindness per second, resulting in a maximum of 12 seconds duration (the hawks attack for ~6 seconds).
I think it makes alot of sense since the hawks are pecking the head of the target and at the moment this skill is pretty weak.

Griften

in Ranger

Posted by: ipan.4356

ipan.4356

I don’t think Hunter’s Call is weak, but I think blind is an excellent idea.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ariete.6509

Ariete.6509

Warhorn enhancing allies while debuffing enemies, i love it. Should’ve been in place from the get go.

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

The blind would give our kittening support weapon some legit support, and some more survivability which is always a good thing!

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

This is an excellent idea for pve, problem is there is no pve/pvp slit yet, maybe this year!

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

This is an excellent idea for pve, problem is there is no pve/pvp slit yet, maybe this year!

This would be significantly better in sPvP than PvE…

in Ranger

Posted by: Noobie.1073

Noobie.1073

I and many rangers out there will abuse the living hell out of this. I remember using http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Throw_Dirt like crazy on my touch ranger. Sweet memories……

I Cha Cha I – Mediocre Ranger at best
Mao Xiong – Worst Warrior GW2

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

I and many rangers out there will abuse the living hell out of this. I remember using http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Throw_Dirt like crazy on my touch ranger. Sweet memories……

Lol I loved using that on the warriors who thought they were gonna wombo combo you xD

in Ranger

Posted by: Valderius Rex.4108

Valderius Rex.4108

Yeah, no class should have access to that kind of permablind…

Except for the thief pistol 5 which does exactly that in an aoe.

In all seriousness, i dont think hunter’s call is overly weak. It is a little boring, but the fact that it hits so many times means its great for an on-hit style build.

in Ranger

Posted by: Noobie.1073

Noobie.1073

Lol I loved using that on the warriors who thought they were gonna wombo combo you xD

I know right?! You can imagine my dismay when I found out Throw Dirt was a downed state skill. I was like, WTF is downed state? I’m still hoping they’ll change it up and add it as a utility skill.

I Cha Cha I – Mediocre Ranger at best
Mao Xiong – Worst Warrior GW2

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

I know right?! You can imagine my dismay when I found out Throw Dirt was a downed state skill. I was like, WTF is downed state? I’m still hoping they’ll change it up and add it as a utility skill.

Throw Dirt was so OP as a downed skill lol, back when it was an AoE blind with minimal damage and blind prevented stomps from hitting xD, rangers are the reason blinds don’t stop stomps anymore lol.

in Ranger

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

What about weakness while the birds are attacking as you are distracted?

What about adding a 3 second AE Fear to Call of the Wild as the Horn creates dread in what is to come?

Given the long ICDs of the abilities this would be fair and add a lot of escape opportunity for a ranger.

in Ranger

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

On this theme:

Shortbow should have more conditions too.
Concussion shot could cause confusion.

Longbow needs slightly more in Hunter’s Shot.
Hunter’s Shot should inflict weakness or a blind (depending on if you move Hunter’s Call from the OP’s proposed blind to weakness).

Using a torch could apply burning to the auto attacks of your main hand. Could be a percentage like 33% chance on crit (see engineer). That would make axe/torch work very well.

(edited by Bombsaway.7198)

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

On this theme:

Shortbow should have more conditions too.
Concussion shot could cause confusion.

Longbow needs slightly more in Hunter’s Shot.
Hunter’s Shot should inflict weakness or a blind (depending on if you move Hunter’s Call from the OP’s proposed blind to weakness).

Using a torch could apply burning to the auto attacks of your main hand. Could be a percentage like 33% chance on crit (see engineer). That would make axe/torch work very well.

I still think Hunters Shot should apply poison and weakness for a SHORT duration and knock back shot should apply cripple…

And axe/torch is fine, that being said id like a trait that makes torch skills also apply blind.

in Ranger

DanSH.6143

Thanks for the feedback guys. Although, for those of you who said that “Hunter’s Call” is not weak:
“Hunter’s Call”‘s damage = 2 x Sword auto chain damage.
Considering Hunter’s Call has a 1.5 sec cast time, and the sword auto chain is 1.5 sec long, you’re pretty much wasting one auto chain cycle to cast 2 cycles.
But – Hunter’s Call affects the target for 6 seconds meaning it has a much worse dps than the sword auto chain.
So… use it in range before you get in melee or don’t use it at all :\

Griften

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Thanks for the feedback guys. Although, for those of you who said that “Hunter’s Call” is not weak:
Considering Hunter’s Call has a 1.5 sec cast time, and the sword auto chain is 1.5 sec long, you’re pretty much wasting one auto chain cycle to cast 2 cycles.
But – Hunter’s Call affects the target for 6 seconds meaning it has a much worse dps than the sword auto chain.

You clearly don’t understand the advantage of hitting someone 12 times while you’re able to run around and attack….

in Ranger

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Call of the Wild; Applies 2 second fear to enemies below 50% HP and 8 seconds blindness in 900 AOE, 1200 AOE traited. Increase current cooldown by 6-9 seconds
AOE cap: 5

OR

Call of the Wild: Applies (17) stacks of bleeding on a single target. Bleeding damage is about 2500 base (total damage done if all stacks are applied) over 14 seconds at level 80 with 0 condition damage and 0% duration.

Point of it being one single massive condition burst. Make cooldown considerably longer, but remove requirement for Line of Sight. Give it invisible projectiles so it can track, even through stealth.

Hunter’s Call: 5 stacks of might, Fury and Swiftness for 12 seconds. Cooldown 25 seconds, 20 seconds traited. Range; 900 standard, 1200 traited.

I’ll rather see the warhorn become a buff/debuff weapon then even having something remotely close to a damaging attack on it.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Call of the Wild; Applies 2 second fear to enemies below 50% HP and 8 seconds blindness in 900 AOE, 1200 AOE traited. Increase current cooldown by 6-9 seconds

OR

Call of the Wild: Applies (17) stacks of bleeding on a single target. Bleeding damage is about 2500 base (total damage done if all stacks are applied) over 14 seconds at level 80 with 0 condition damage and 0% duration.

Point of it being one single massive condition burst. Make cooldown considerably longer, but remove requirement for Line of Sight. Give it invisible projectiles so it can track, even through stealth.

Hunter’s Call: 5 stacks of might, Fury and Swiftness for 12 seconds. Cooldown 25 seconds, 20 seconds traited. Range; 900 standard, 1200 traited.

I’ll rather see the warhorn become a buff/debuff weapon then even having something remotely close to a damaging attack on it.

Pssssst you have the skills mixed up!

And I’d rather see Hunter’s Call (birds) be a debuff skill and Call of the Wild be the buff, I really like the Fear for enemies under 50% health that’d be really awesome!

I’d rather NOT see a bleed nuke because you can do that already by just taking sharpened edges and/or sig of earth and using hunters call.

in Ranger

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

OR

Pssssst you have the skills mixed up!

And I’d rather see Hunter’s Call (birds) be a debuff skill and Call of the Wild be the buff, I really like the Fear for enemies under 50% health that’d be really awesome!

I’d rather NOT see a bleed nuke because you can do that already by just taking sharpened edges and/or sig of earth and using hunters call.

sorry, yes i mixed them up.

As for the bleed idea. Ill rather have it as a solid condition weapon, then some idiotic half broken poorly scaling direct damage attack like the one we got.

The fear idea is basically so we can make the weapon more defense oriented. Since we do not have a proper defensive offhand just now

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

The fear idea is basically so we can make the weapon more defense oriented. Since we do not have a proper defensive offhand just now

OPs idea to just add blind is much better than fear. The blind will work reasonably well in both pve/pvp content while adding fear will just make parties in dungeons dread the warhorn ranger for fearing mobs/bosses out of stacks…

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

ipan.4356

Actually, the advantage is that while Hunter’s Call is dealing it’s damage, you’re also attacking with other attacks (auto-attacks perhaps) at the same time, so it all adds up to a lot of burst that is hard to heal through.

Hunter’s Call is kinda the backbone of my build for this reason.

in Ranger

ipan.4356

Confusion would be a cool condition for it too.

in Ranger

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

Hunter’s Call is weak in PvE, but fairly good in PvP.

It does have high burst potential, but based on my calculations it’s straight sustained DPS increase is so low that you might even have to time it right after skill 1 chain 3 in order for it to increase instead of decrease damage.

It’s one of the rare Ranger skills that doesn’t seem like it was hindered to support a condition build, yet it still seems a bit hindered without a condition.

It does follow stealthed thieves around and break the grawl fractal last boss’s shield pretty well though.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

in Ranger

DanSH.6143

it’s meh for PvP. while having a ranged none-projectile skill is nice, using this skill on someone that has retaliation on will cause you a lot more damage. Hunter’s Call is 17 hits, assuming the average folk’s retaliation would hit for 200 dmg, that’s 3400 dmg dealt to you BY YOUR ATTACK while you only deal ~2k with it. Guardians just laugh at us and stand while playing with our hawks.
Since you can’t stop the effect after you cast it, you can suicide with it pretty easily :\
Only reason to use warhorn in PvP is for the blast in a waterfield for an extra heal.

Griften