Ranger shouts

Ranger shouts

in Ranger

Posted by: Tyrill.5740

Tyrill.5740

Howdy folks -

A friend and I have been messing around with Nature’s Voice, and love the playstyle, but it is hampered by the small radius of effect and the general mobility that is desirable while playing Ranger.

Compared to shouts on both guardian and warrior shouts, which are similar in utilization, the radius on Ranger’s shout effect is only 360. Considering this is a grandmaster trait, it would be nice to have a similar (600) radius.

That’s it, thanks for reading!

Ranger shouts

in Ranger

Posted by: WingzofIsis.4809

WingzofIsis.4809

Agreed! Please and thank you.

Ranger shouts

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Also, remove the cast time from “Guard” please!

Ranger shouts

in Ranger

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

While they’re at it, please make “Search and Rescue” do something.

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

Ranger shouts

in Ranger

Posted by: WingzofIsis.4809

WingzofIsis.4809

And can the trait for reduced recharge be 20% like the guards instead of 10% as well?

Ranger shouts

in Ranger

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

And can the trait for reduced recharge be 20% like the guards instead of 10% as well?

Shout Mastery does reduce the cd by 20%. Aren’t you confusing with Speed Training? Anyway, this last one should be 20% too.

Ranger shouts

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

While they’re at it, please make “Search and Rescue” do something.

Yup agree. Increase the res speed to the normal 100%, currently its at 33% so its near pointless. To justify such a long CD, it should be 100% at least and maybe another effect, like giving the pet stability so they cant be pushed back and/or shadow stepping to the nearest downed ally.

Ranger shouts

in Ranger

Posted by: Halorin.1398

Halorin.1398

Shouts should be insta-cast, at least. I wouldn’t mind a larger radius either.

Ranger shouts

in Ranger

Posted by: sendaf.8375

sendaf.8375

While we are at it can we get a more useful boon then swiftness? A lot of classes can access perm stealth by just equipping the right weapon.

Instead of Swiftness and Regen, how about Regen and condi cleanse BOOM ranger condi problem addressed. Or maybe Regen and might? Regen and aegis? Anything really

A grand master trait that makes our crappy shouts almost viable? not really cutting it. But as rangers we are used to that

Ranger shouts

in Ranger

Posted by: Blink.9361

Blink.9361

When is “Guard” even useful? I don’t main ranger but I was looking through the skills today and I don’t think I’d ever carry it. Maybe if they add some sort of “revealed” when someone stealths nearby.

Ranger shouts

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

When is “Guard” even useful? I don’t main ranger but I was looking through the skills today and I don’t think I’d ever carry it. Maybe if they add some sort of “revealed” when someone stealths nearby.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Nature%27s_Voice

Allows for permanent regen and swiftness on you and everyone around you. Very useful for PvP.

Ranger shouts

in Ranger

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

Also something that would interest me which I feel would open up Ranger support builds would be for Natures Voice to have different effects, per shout.

“Guard” :Regen + Swiftness
“Protect me” Aegis + Protection
“Sic Em” Might + Fury
“Search and Rescue” Regen + (quickness?)

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

Ranger shouts

in Ranger

Posted by: Solandri.9640

Solandri.9640

Also something that would interest me which I feel would open up Ranger support builds would be for Natures Voice to have different effects, per shout.

The thing I really dislike about going down this line of thinking is that that’s what shouts were supposed to do in the first place. All the non-ranger shouts in the game affect allies or foes. It’s only the ranger shouts which only affect the pet. Ranger shouts should also affect allies without needing a GM trait to do it.

i.e. The problem is not that ranger needs more support skills. It’s that the skills which were supposed to be support were deliberately nerfed to pet/self-only in the design phase for whatever reason. Adding support back to those skills by way of a GM trait is some designer refusing to admit that nerfing those ranger support skills was what caused the “poor support” problem in the first place. They’re trying to fix it without removing the nerf which caused the problem in the first place.

If you want to fix it, just make the ranger shouts like all the other shouts in the game get rid of the GM trait requirement entirely. If you feel that’ll make ranger shouts too powerful, simply weaken the skills (e.g. shorten the swiftness/regen duration). Don’t force ranger players to pick a GM trait if they want the unnerfed shouts, when players of other classes get the unnerfed shouts regardless of their trait allocation.