Ranger underwater

Ranger underwater

in Ranger

Posted by: Nyter.1270

Nyter.1270

If you can give me 1 good argument how this is balanced in a 1v1 setting (ranger vs X class) underwater, i will buy a precursor of your choise for you. Either but a BIG nerf on the healing, or allow finishing underwater because this is just insanely broken.

Ranger underwater

in Ranger

Posted by: Dina Van Heyr.3018

Dina Van Heyr.3018

tell me one thing that is in GW 2 balanced and i tell you why is ranger in underwater combat balanced.. you got greedy on easy ranger kill you got asskicked it your fault not knowing class capabilities not ranger pet downed state healing ..

Ranger underwater

in Ranger

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

I would GLADLY have ranger’s skills underwater adjusted in return for our getting some real help on either
a) Pets
B) Trait Dependency

Ranger underwater

in Ranger

Posted by: Nyter.1270

Nyter.1270

tell me one thing that is in GW 2 balanced and i tell you why is ranger in underwater combat balanced.. you got greedy on easy ranger kill you got asskicked it your fault not knowing class capabilities not ranger pet downed state healing ..

So as long as the ranger stays underwater he cant die right? I just have to "be smart’’ and run even tho i won easily on land, makes perfect sense. How about making them viable on land and making them on par with other classes underwater? Not that i’d expect anything from an american company

Ranger underwater

in Ranger

Posted by: Soilder.3607

Soilder.3607

He’s right about pet revive underwater, it is blatantly OP. I’ve played against rangers who will get downed, then swap to a river drake and revive themselves. And don’t just tell me to kill the river drake, the kitten thing’s a tank.

EDIT: But then again this is a problem with the fact that you can’t stomp underwater.

Stormbluff Isle

Ranger underwater

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

It’s balanced because it makes up for the deficit the class has on land.

I’ll await my precursor in the mail. Leaf plz.

Ranger underwater

in Ranger

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

It’s a glitch that has been there since launch. The Ranger community has constantly asked for a fix to this, but we’ve been ignored on that. Nyter, if you think you can get Anet to pay attention anymore than we, the Rangers have tried (along with most players in WvW or sPvP), good luck.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Ranger underwater

in Ranger

Dina Van Heyr.3018

Hmm I play ranger for over a year and I’ve never found that ranger is immortal underwater ..
yes exactly you can won easily on land and you expect you will easily win everywhere .. maybe it time to cool down you pride and roll other classes so you can find they capabilities and learn how to counter them .. I run most of the time with my ranger because I know i cant beat some classes or builds ..so yes it makes me happy that I force someone run in water ..
If they were viable on land compare to your class(warior, mesmer what ever you play) maybe your win will not be so easy earned on land .. and there is not much place in www or spvp for water combat
btw I killed a lot of rangers in underwater combat .. you lost because you counter someone who knew what hes doing ..

Ranger underwater

in Ranger

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Once I soloed the blood witch in Kessex I realized that rangers are pretty strong underwater.

Ranger underwater

in Ranger

Dina Van Heyr.3018

blood witch got nerfed significantly.. i remember times when she wiped 10 ppl easily..

Ranger underwater

in Ranger

Posted by: ChioChip.5970

ChioChip.5970

So as long as the ranger stays underwater he cant die right?

Do you have access to interrupt?
Done ranger dead.

Ranger underwater

in Ranger

Dina Van Heyr.3018

paradox is ranger is only class which has no cc on weapons only on pet ..

Ranger underwater

in Ranger

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

So as long as the ranger stays underwater he cant die right?

Do you have access to interrupt?
Done ranger dead.

Actually…that doesn’t stop the pet. Underwater the pet will keep rezzing, even after the pet itself dies or is interrupted. It gets stuck in some kind of AI priority mistake that keeps it going until either the Ranger is dead, or is rezzed completely from down state.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Ranger underwater

in Ranger

Dina Van Heyr.3018

actually interrupt on pet works all the time .. dead for pet dont most of the times ..
sink stun fear interrupt ressing by pet .. depend then if is skill on cd so ranger can call pet back or not
most of the ppl dont know that and the using cc skills on downed ranger
unfortunately chance that I will encounter another ranger in water is so small so i cant confirm that for sure because usually there is a lot of factors like rangers in many cases forget use pet for ressing ..

Ranger underwater

in Ranger

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

“blood witch got nerfed significantly.. i remember times when she wiped 10 ppl easily..”

Yes that’s when i soloed her.

Ranger underwater

in Ranger

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

LMAO, well your first mistake was following the ranger underwater, your second mistake was not CCing his pet to stop the healing, and your third mistake was coming onto the ranger forums crying and trying to get some sympathy.

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.

Ranger underwater

in Ranger

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

Let the pet rez him, kill him again, repeat as necessary…not that difficult. Sitting there and trying to out dps the pet’s healing is just stupid.

Ranger underwater

in Ranger

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

It’s broken. We know it. We just know that just about everything in the class is broken in some way (some things more than others).

Ranger underwater

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

In my opinion the one thing that is truly broken is that the pet continues to revive after it’s been killed that said I think likely every single class has a way to deal with this I don’t think I have lived long enough to even use the pet revive skill more than a handful occasions the last 50times I have been downed, granted it was mostly against multiple opponents if not only that because not very many stand a chance to live in water 1v1, melandru warriors and mesmers maybe most others are quite easily and quickly killed, but the point was my pet has never been allowed to revive me at all because people use cc on it and you die before it even heals a single tick, figure out what way you can do this to the pet and do it.

Ranger underwater

in Ranger

Posted by: RWinter.1680

RWinter.1680

The ranger is not immortal underwater – very hard to kill 1v1 and very slippery, but not immortal.

The downed ranger and pet must remain stationary and in close proximity for the pet to continue healing. If you force the ranger or pet to keep moving, with sinks, floats, etc. or keep the pet away from the ranger in any other way, it cannot heal.

The pet rezzing after its death is a bug, and cannot be justified as balanced.

P.S. Ranger vs Ranger is balanced underwater. Dawn please!

(edited by RWinter.1680)