WvW Ranger still broken(hi pet)

M-maybe with the next patch !

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Ranger update march 26

in Ranger

Posted by: misterdevious.6482

misterdevious.6482

•Fixed a bug that caused several pieces of gear to not apply their bonus boon or condition durations.

I have a build that this will really help, and I suspect it will also help trapper rangers a good deal.

Ranger update march 26

in Ranger

Posted by: Zorby.8236

Zorby.8236

Nerf to quickness doesn’t bother me since all get it. And the stun break on QZ is very welcome, basically a free stun break for me.

Buff to GS, I guess it’ll help somewhat in dredge fractal…

Shared AR with pet, while it was about time it’ll matter little.

Pretty dissapointing patch, neither good nor bad, just like…nothing…

~This is the internet, my (or your) opinion doesn’t matter~

Ranger update march 26

in Ranger

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

You should try a GS beastmaster build for wvw then. It is great fun.

What would you recommend as a build, talents etc?

I actually run 0-30-5-0-30 because I want Moment of Clarity but you can put more points into wilderness survival. Beside that SB and GS with feline + wolf pet. For stats I run soldiers with some berserker pieces.

For utilities LR or Sigil of Renewal, QZ and Signet of the hunt (for roaming).

Ranger update march 26

in Ranger

Posted by: Bailey.6892

Bailey.6892

I actually run 0-30-5-0-30 because I want Moment of Clarity but you can put more points into wilderness survival. Beside that SB and GS with feline + wolf pet. For stats I run soldiers with some berserker pieces.

Thank you, I am up for trying something new. I appreciate you taking the time to answer and help out.

Ranger update march 26

in Ranger

Posted by: TogoChubb.3984

TogoChubb.3984

Where is the LB protection Anet claims it needs?

QZ nerf = took the last ability to keep the LB viable as a main weapon in WvW. Why can’t we have max damage at any distance on LB? I don’t understand why Anet wants longbow to shoot at 1200 range to get max damage but the projectiles are so freaking slow that you can evade them with a sidestep. I used QZ to help with this issue and now that’s out the window.

Trait lines still screwed up…seriously I still have to trait 30 pts into power to get the pet benefits from signets?

Bottom line = Overall nerf to ranger bow dps again which was arguably the worst on the game to start with.

Commander Togochubb aka Chubby
Perfect Dark [PD] – Yaks Bend

Ranger update march 26

in Ranger

Dojo.1867

Thank you, I am up for trying something new. I appreciate you taking the time to answer and help out.

It really needs some getting used to because you are actually able to switch between melee/long range quite frequently and also disengage completly. Interrupting their heals is also great fun once you get a hang of it.

Ranger update march 26

in Ranger

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

So to make up for the fact that we have basically the longest and most easily dodged skill in the game (longbow 2 skill), they have now nerfed the only skill that made sense (quickness) by 50% and yet extended qz duration by one second from 4 to 5.

Basically that’s a nerf to ranger damage output yet again.

Seeing as it now takes basically the whole of QZ’s timer to press it, press lb 3 then lb2 and watch the slowest skill in the universe, by the time it now finishes that extra second is gone- and in the meantime the reduction in quickness means that even more of your damage is dodged/avoided/blocked.

Way to go Anet, another nerf to an already struggling class.

If you want to see what they think of this class as compared to engineer, go read the update notes for the engineer, including grenades that you can now attack objects out of the line of sight with!

I think we may as well all change to engineer which at least gets some love- all the changes are totally pve based and how it might effect wvw is never even considered or if it is it clearly isn’t thought out.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

Ranger update march 26

in Ranger

Posted by: ChillyChinaman.6057

ChillyChinaman.6057

I think we may as well all change to engineer which at least gets some love- all the changes are totally pve based and how it might effect wvw is never even considered or if it is it clearly isn’t thought out.

Not that I DIDN’T love my ranger before, I just so happened to have finished leveling my engineer. I think she’s going to be my main for everything besides Fractals now. Anet did a fairly good job with the engie patch this time around, hope rangers can get that kind of treatment in the(hopefully) not too distant future.

Ranger update march 26

in Ranger

Posted by: awe extender.1908

awe extender.1908

PLEASE increase quickness duration we get from pet swap. PLEASE!!!!

THIS!!!!!!!

Ranger update march 26

in Ranger

Posted by: eXs.6210

eXs.6210

Another warrior buff… unkillable banners that can be moved and that do way more than mostly stationary spirits… unimpressive patch for rangers… maul got “fixed” to just sort of bad now… all quickness skills durations buffed except the passive swap trait… so yay, another broken trait…

Ranger update march 26

in Ranger

awe extender.1908

- Nerfed quickness
- Buff greatsword skill for rangers (lol, where is Long bow correction?)
- No Spirit changes
- Traits Traps in crit line
- Warrior buffed again.
Arena need to see we have ppl playing pve and not only pvp.

what u mean about “Traits Traps in crit line”?

Ranger update march 26

in Ranger

Posted by: megaboy.6015

megaboy.6015

While it isn’t mentioned in the Ranger info area specifically, we also added owner Agony Resistance to pets.

The pet stats panel still shows it has 0 AR.

Ranger update march 26

in Ranger

Posted by: Oolune.4357

Oolune.4357

He means, I believe, getting crit from the trait line that you need to trait into for traps, which don’t require crit.

Tarnished Coast
Oolune :: Engineer — Arrow Of Oolune :: Human Ranger -- Shadow Of Oolune :: Human Thief
Box The Turtle :: Human Warrior — Bolobuns Of Steel :: Human Guardian

Ranger update march 26

in Ranger

Posted by: Lert.6287

Lert.6287

Tbh it’s horrible, but guess we all expected that.
Quite much no changes. One stun breaker, no burst anymore due to pet change, some upgrade to greatsword.

Engineer / Piken Square
Former Team Psy [Psy] member/ [BNF] guest
YT Channel

Ranger update march 26

in Ranger

Posted by: Stus.5327

Stus.5327

While it isn’t mentioned in the Ranger info area specifically, we also added owner Agony Resistance to pets.

The pet stats panel still shows it has 0 AR.

the patch isn’t out yet

Ranger update march 26

in Ranger

Posted by: Grimvar.9185

Grimvar.9185

Wow, the quickness nerf really hurts berserker ranger builds a lot. So all in all this patch has nerfed ranger dps when it is already in a bad state. Great, this is just wonderful way to keep beating an already subpar class into the ground even more Anet. 1 second duration added? That is nothing compared to the nerf of 50% speed this really really cripples the berserker build a lot.

GS buff is a joke nobody worth their weight in dungeons playing a ranger uses GS and AR being shared with the pet doesn’t change that the pet is still useless and dies to non-agony boss skills.

This such a bad joke.

Ranger update march 26

in Ranger

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

He means, I believe, getting crit from the trait line that you need to trait into for traps, which don’t require crit.

Basically this. Trap-related traits should have been in Wilderness Survival; not in Skirmishing as that doesn’t make sense. Just as traits like Martial Mastery should have been in Skirmishing instead of Wilderness Survival.

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

Ranger update march 26

in Ranger

ChillyChinaman.6057

- Nerfed quickness
- Buff greatsword skill for rangers (lol, where is Long bow correction?)
- No Spirit changes
- Traits Traps in crit line
- Warrior buffed again.
Arena need to see we have ppl playing pve and not only pvp.

what u mean about “Traits Traps in crit line”?

He means condition damage skill traits still being in a critical hit trait line.

Ranger update march 26

in Ranger

Posted by: Jalad Lantana.3027

Jalad Lantana.3027

Once again the devs show complete disdain for what makes the ranger class unique.
The only positive buff is one for GS which everyone knows warrior and guardian do way better. The main ranger weapons, bows got a major nerf with the lowering of zepher speed. Now I remember why I generally hate patches. Developers code what they want, which is most things to satisfy their pvp biases. This patch just puts more cement on the non-viabilty of rangers in dungeons and pvp.

Pets are still broken massively. One specific example, ranged pets like devourers, have an uncontrollable urge to run up and face tank bosses instead of staying at max range while attacking. Forget about dodging, just give ranged pets the smarts to stay away from melee bosses.

HOD
Guardian / Ranger / Mesmer / Necro / Warrior
Played since 1st online ‘demo’ months before the BWEs.

Ranger update march 26

in Ranger

ChillyChinaman.6057

GS buff is a joke nobody worth their weight in dungeons playing a ranger uses GS and AR being shared with the pet doesn’t change that the pet is still useless and dies to non-agony boss skills.

This such a bad joke.

Just wondering, what is used in dungeons, beside the all-might shortbow? I usually take one type of sword. GS for tanking/defense or S/T for damage. The defense is quite good in high level fractals especially dredge.

Ranger update march 26

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

No LB buffs, still no buffs to utilities, the gap in effectiveness between banners and spirits is made even bigger and the decrease in cooldowns on GS doesn’t make up for the now destroyed auto attack + quickness combo (neither does the random small boost to maul make up for the loss in damage). Stun break is nice though albeit should have been there from the start.

This is worse then the short bow nerf patch but at least they were honest this time.

Ranger update march 26

in Ranger

Grimvar.9185

What was Anet thinking nerfing quickness without realizing that it literally cripples our only viable DPS build?

Ranger update march 26

in Ranger

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

Some of the changes are alright, Basically Great Sword Changes..

the QZ chain is a nerf, and increasing the duration by 1 second doesn’t make it better (remember you can’t be healed while this is up, so lowering its burst and increasing its DPS while having a no heal debuff increased is not a buff)

I still see no changes to Signets/Shouts/Spirits to improve them..

I still see no fixes for certain pet lines….

In fact, We mostly received more nerfs this patch..

Every patch it seems they improve one of the things they originally didn’t talk about (GS) but turn around and nerf something major on the class that ends up hurting us worse.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

Ranger update march 26

in Ranger

Dojo.1867

Wow, the quickness nerf really hurts berserker ranger builds a lot. So all in all this patch has nerfed ranger dps when it is already in a bad state. Great, this is just wonderful way to keep beating an already subpar class into the ground even more Anet. 1 second duration added? That is nothing compared to the nerf of 50% speed this really really cripples the berserker build a lot.

This such a bad joke.

GS is viable in dungeons. Maybe try it before you complain.

Also berserker gear with quickness is NOT our only viable dps build. Sick of those kids…

Ranger update march 26

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Yep looks like pets F2s don’t come off cooldown anymore when swapped, complete joke. So nerfs to pretty much every good (read mediocre compared to other classes) thing we have except traps. CoD is more balanced then this game.

(edited by Levetty.1279)

Ranger update march 26

in Ranger

Grimvar.9185

This such a bad joke.

Also berserker gear with quickness is NOT our only viable dps build. Sick of those kids…

No, it really is not. GS damage vs SB + quickness does not even compare. Try again, child.

Ranger update march 26

in Ranger

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

So…unless you were using a greatsword before, your damage is now lower than before (since quickness is nerfed in half).

I mean, QZ lasts 1 second longer, but that hardly offsets the big reduction in speed and does nothing for quickness from pet swap. I understand why they nerfed quickness, but this hits the ranger class hard.

Also, no buff to longbow. I’m just glad I rerolled to mesmer and didn’t wait around for ranger buffs.

Ranger update march 26

in Ranger

Dahkeus.8243

This such a bad joke.

GS damage is nowhere near what a short bow or longbow damage build. ANet said that they wanted melee to do more dps than ranged, but they seemed to have forgotten this when it came to balancing rangers since ranged options are clearly superior.

Ranger update march 26

in Ranger

Posted by: JanoRis.8703

JanoRis.8703

Question:
Does the Quickness nerf also reduce the action speed? Like rezzing? Or harvesting? Or only attacks?

Also i am really disappointed about this. My shortbow #1 skill with quickness now feels like it has the same speed as the longbow #2 skill .
Some months ago the shortbow #1 skill was already nerfed hard (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_W75Zw5fqU) because of an “animation glitch” when used with quickness (so the primary shortbow skill got nerfed because of quickness). And now the quickness itself gets nerfed.

So please do one of those things:

1. decrease shortbow crossfire cast time back to the way it was
  2. increase pet swap quickness duration by at least 2s
  3. decrease Quickening Zephyr cooldown by 10-20%
  4. increase Quickening Zephyr duration even more
  5. increase Quickness back to at least 75% in PvE (and still increase pet swap quickness duration)

The attackspeed is a major part of the fun a class is to play. Shortbow was really fun to play before the 40ms nerf (not to mention that it’s dps was nerfed because of an “animation glitch”…if it was cosmetic than at least increase the damage)…it is still okay now. Actually i wouldn’t mind losing a little bit of dps on shortbow or longbow, if the attack speed was increased. Every time you slow down a speed related skill, the class will lose some playfun. i would much rather prefer having the attack damage being reduced. But up until now, all you have done is slow down the weapons.

And a fractal related question:
When will we see the Jade Maw not targeting dead pets update? is there an ETA?

Ranger update march 26

in Ranger

Oolune.4357

How about less “l0l ur a littel kid.” Both of you look stupid, now.

Regardless of what build is or isn’t viable, certain people are ignoring the needs of certain builds and ignoring the reasons the Ranger profession is subpar compared to other professions. If you take most other professions, side by side with Ranger, and have a person playing each class to the best it can be, the Ranger just comes up short. The only thing saving us is that there are so many mediocre (or plain bad) players. You can be a really good Ranger and therefore perform better than a mediocre player of another profession simply because you are more competent, yes. But there are still issues, namely utility and/or DPS.

Just because you CAN do something with your build does not mean it is “viable” in the sense that most people talk about. It’s not a matter of being able to hold your own. The thief that recently put up a video of his solo versus GL? The build he used was great and helped him solo GL, yes. But he is not going to use that build in group play. Why? It doesn’t have what a group needs. It’s capable and his group would probably complete the runs, but it is not efficient.

Similarly, Rangers can perform in dungeons just fine. That doesn’t mean they are “viable” in the sense most talk about. I play my Ranger better than a lot of the PUG warriors/mesmers/guardians I have played with, and I have been praised in PUGs before while on my ranger and never attacked for my choice of profession. However, that is mainly because I managed to make use of a very few useful tools that the profession has to be USEFUL. Because that is what you need to be in a group. Not capable of completing content in general or in time. You need to be USEFUL to the group. If our damage is not as high as other professions, especially with the quickness nerf, then we need something else. Our AoE, even with traps/arrow pierce/et al, is not as good as certain other professions, so we need something else. Our utility is WAY worse than pretty much any other profession, so we need something else. The problem? They ran out of ‘roles’ to assign. We don’t do proper DPS on scale with others, we don’t do proper AoE damage on scale with others, we don’t have proper utility when compared to others, so regardless of how capable your beastmaster build or condition damage build or [insert build here] is, there is no reason to ever say “I wish I had a ranger right now.” QZ and pet swap quickness gave us easy and frequent quickness to do stuff like thin the gap in damage or help res our team against the odds. Now it doesn’t.

So yes, quickness being nerfed DOES hurt.

Tarnished Coast
Oolune :: Engineer — Arrow Of Oolune :: Human Ranger -- Shadow Of Oolune :: Human Thief

Ranger update march 26

in Ranger

Posted by: Geshque.1326

Geshque.1326

Guys let’s make something GREAT.

I mean are’t you tired of eternal disappointment with every single patch? Of nerfes? Of hopes being broken?

Lets make a RIOT. I mean the whole Ranger Community must unite in order to show Anet that this won’t go much longer. We are people, who paid 60 bucks for the game which is just lame in terms of balance! Lame in terms of Rangers!

Lets make something significant. Petitions, letters, strikes, game quits, rerolling whatever. I am open to your suggestions if you agree with me. I just don’t wont to be trolled over and over again by the devs.

Ranger update march 26

in Ranger

ChillyChinaman.6057

Newsflash, this happens after every patch. People will forget, people will move on. It’s only a game. Either that or a mod will close the thread or better yet, the entire ranger forum down.

Remember smiter’s boon from the first game? At this point it’d be more entertaining to have that happen to rangers than continue watching the current attempts at balance.

Ranger update march 26

in Ranger

Posted by: capuchinseven.8395

capuchinseven.8395

Where is the LB protection Anet claims it needs?

QZ nerf = took the last ability to keep the LB viable as a main weapon in WvW. Why can’t we have max damage at any distance on LB? I don’t understand why Anet wants longbow to shoot at 1200 range to get max damage but the projectiles are so freaking slow that you can evade them with a sidestep. I used QZ to help with this issue and now that’s out the window.

Trait lines still screwed up…seriously I still have to trait 30 pts into power to get the pet benefits from signets?

Bottom line = Overall nerf to ranger bow dps again which was arguably the worst on the game to start with.

Because these all take minutes to code.

The bravest animal in the land is Captain Beaky and his band.

Ranger update march 26

in Ranger

awe extender.1908

Basically this. Trap-related traits should have been in Wilderness Survival; not in Skirmishing as that doesn’t make sense. Just as traits like Martial Mastery should have been in Skirmishing instead of Wilderness Survival.

Ahh, I see! Totally agree. I’ve been screaming about this for a looooooong time:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/About-traits-I-apply-to-your-common-sense/first#post1460321

Ranger update march 26

in Ranger

Posted by: nekochan.5391

nekochan.5391

Thanks for the useless fixes to the useless pets.
Thanks for the nerf to quickness, almost the only proper use for a weak, blossom-trigger, uncontrollable useless crap like pets.
Thanks for the buff to greatsword (‘cause I’m going to play melee in medium armor, lol)
Thank you very very much You exactly get what Rangers needed! Thank you, really really, thank you.

Ranger update march 26

in Ranger

Posted by: capuchinseven.8395

capuchinseven.8395

Thanks for the buff to greatsword (‘cause I’m going to play melee in medium armor, lol).

Comments like this really do show up who the bad rangers are. It wouldn’t matter so much if you didn’t then act like the problem isn’t with you.

The bravest animal in the land is Captain Beaky and his band.

Ranger update march 26

in Ranger

Posted by: Kikyo.6438

Kikyo.6438

good update but again a nerf. Ranger aren’t OP with QZ expecially when we dont play zerg. We really dont need this nerf…

Again no up with our condition damage or condition duration or flan bleed with shortbow… i cant put 20 stack bleed like a warrior or necro, i can up to 15 BUT with the pet. i try to combine seal of earth and the traits 2 of Skirmishing but its just useless i cant up to 20 stack. we need a up for our traps and condition duration.

(edited by Kikyo.6438)

Ranger update march 26

in Ranger

Bailey.6892

yes but pets still will die due to the lack of dodge or any evade with the low heath they have

That largely depends on what pet you use, where you use it, and how you are using it. If you can cite a specific instance where you’ve tried several things and still struggle, please document it on the forums. Specificity is crucial to a healthy discussion.

WvW only place that matters. Anything else is poorly coded ai.

Ranger update march 26

in Ranger

awe extender.1908

You know what I really hate about the QZ nerf? You can’t no longer rez group as fast as before!

The healing (rez) with QZ was perhaps the only viable contribution from rangers in groups. We could rez fallen allies fast. But now, it’s awful!

The ranger got even more unwanted in groups! Let’s face it, the DPS bezerker use of QZ was never as good as other professions, but we had at least a decent rez skill combined with QZ. What do we contribute with now?!?!!?

Ranger update march 26

in Ranger

Posted by: neodome.7401

neodome.7401

ok Enginner get a big buff and fix
WvW Ranger still broken(hi pet)

Totally agree my friend who has a Engineer main and has been waiting for the fix’s to the class is absolutely stoked and can’t wait to get off work and play. Unfortunitely as the trend continues rangers get a ounce of the updates and overal ignored in our continued concerns.

- I love Longbow but nothing mentioned in patch notes (even though I thought changes was coming??)
- I love the idea of spirits (and still use some of them) but with the way dungeons are random and some spawns they die if the mob farts in the direction of them. They SHOULD perform like Banners for warrior. They offer buffs just like a banner so they should get the same attention.
- Since our class is so heavy and dependant on pets, it appears that will never change. Obviously we can control out pets the best we can backing off etc but there still needs to me more “control” added to our pets if they are going to be a big majority of our dmg to help in groups.

I could keep going but the concerns by the Ranger community has been told over and over its like beating a dead horse at this point.

I think at this point I will quote Oliver Twist as thats how I feel with rangers and asking for help on the class.
“Please sir, may I have another??”

Sadly after seeing the joy and happiness from my Engineer friend I too want to feel that and go back to enjoying Guild Wars 2. I think I may find myself leveling a different class when I get home even though for the first time in my MMO career since 1999 I decided to try out a ranger class and now have a sour taste in my mouth.

Ranger update march 26

in Ranger

Posted by: Makenboshi.7943

Makenboshi.7943

so… i was wrong for choosing ranger as my main

Garuda [GRD] Guild @Sea of Sorrows

Ranger update march 26

in Ranger

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

So effectively for Rangers this Quickness nerf (and duration increase on Zephyr) counts as a double nerf.

Not only do we only deal 50% more damage over a period of 5 seconds, instead of 100% damage over a period of 4 seconds; but we can’t get healed for 5 seconds instead of 4 seconds!

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

Ranger update march 26

in Ranger

Oolune.4357

You know what I really hate about the QZ nerf? You can’t no longer rez group as fast as before!

The healing (rez) with QZ was perhaps the only viable contribution from rangers in groups. We could rez fallen allies fast. But now, it’s awful!

The ranger got even more unwanted in groups! Let’s face it, the DPS bezerker use of QZ was never as good as other professions, but we had at least a decent rez skill combined with QZ. What do we contribute with now?!?!!?

This is exactly my point. Pretty much the only solid use we had to a party over other professions, and used right it was great. Now the only thing we have to offer, at all, is our AoE heal/water field. Which is great, sure. But it is hardly a reason to ever want a ranger on your team over something else. I don’t want Rangers to be stupid easy or stupid strong, but I would like to ever see anyone who isn’t completely stupid say “If only we had a ranger right now.” I’ve had plenty of those moments where I or a member of my group says that about pretty much any other profession.

I have friends who love having me in groups partly because of the fact that I could quick res people in situations where mob/boss AoE would otherwise have made it lethal to attempt so. I honestly can’t justify running my Ranger with those friends anymore over other professions I have. Sure, they are my friends and they aren’t going to tell me not to bring my Ranger, but I would feel a little less than useful.

Tarnished Coast

Ranger update march 26

in Ranger

Dahkeus.8243

Robert, talk to us! What the hell happened? What is the rational behind the changes in this patch?

Was ANet not aware of how much this quickness change would affect rangers?

What happened to addressing the longbow and spirits?

I know you’re not in charge of balance, but can you please get SOMEONE from the company who knows what’s behind all this to open some communication? I mean, get Gaile Gray if you have to!

Ranger update march 26

in Ranger

Posted by: nekochan.5391

nekochan.5391

Thanks for the buff to greatsword (‘cause I’m going to play melee in medium armor, lol).

Comments like this really do show up who the bad rangers are. It wouldn’t matter so much if you didn’t then act like the problem isn’t with you.

A man is starving and has no shoes. He needs food, he needs shoes. You give him a pair of Adidas, ’cause he needs shoes. Then he dies of starvation. Ask yourself: what did he need most?

It’s freaking ridiculous, from ANY POINT OF VIEW, that a ranged class – probably THE ranged class – receives buff on melee skills when its prior mechanic (Pets) still lack of control/ways to survive. I may be a bad ranger, but if you miss to notice this simple thing you live in a world of fairies and unicorns for sure.

Ranger update march 26

in Ranger

Posted by: kidbs.8920

kidbs.8920

Thanks for the buff to greatsword (‘cause I’m going to play melee in medium armor, lol)

I guess some people don’t realize that the armor class doesn’t really matter very much. It’s pretty easy to have as much armor rating as a guardian or warrior. It’s not like armor rating alone will allow you to kitten from melee range either. Learn to dodge and do something than auto-attack from range and you’ll see that melee is viable.

SoR – Nethernoz (Necro), Zealot of Pain (Guardian), William The Butcher (Ranger)

Ranger update march 26

in Ranger

Posted by: Smokeex.7083

Smokeex.7083

Pet Res Still busted both “Lick Wounds” and “Search and Rescue”

Ranger update march 26

in Ranger

Bailey.6892

Robert, talk to us! What the hell happened? What is the rational behind the changes in this patch?

Anet touched it, seriously the biggest detriment the ranger class has is anet.

Ranger update march 26

in Ranger

Posted by: Daemon.4295

Daemon.4295

This such a bad joke.

I’ve been playing online RPGs since the ASCII based Island of Kesmai in 1992, and I play a berserker ranger. Why? Not because I think I can “pwn face” with it, but because to me it is the most challenging ranger build and offers high payout for high risk. Master the glass cannon, and you can rival other classes’ raw damage output in dungeons and other tougher meta. At least, that was the case until today…

Berserker glass cannon is by no means the only effective form of damage output, but some of us preferred the more challenging approach and we each have our own favored styles of play. The fact of the matter is that this particular play style took a big hit today, too big IMO to really remain competitive with other Ranger builds or the DPS builds of other classes.

Ayana Wenona (Ranger) | Doctor Skorn (Necro) | Electra Lux (Elementalist)
Scarlett Daguer (Thief) | Gritt Bloodstone (Warrior) | Sirius Zand (Guardian)
- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -