Ranger update

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Agadar.4931

Agadar.4931

So when is the next patch?
It’s been over a month since JonPeters posted here and he hasn’t come back since…

December the 14th should be the next patch.

Don’t get your hopes up.

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: DaisyRogers.6837

DaisyRogers.6837

It’s been over a month since JonPeters posted here and he hasn’t come back since…

Honestly don’t blame him for not wanting to post anything with the juvenile tantrums thrown and the huge amount of personal attacks levied against him.

Honestly… what else would you expect?

Ranger update

in Ranger

Agadar.4931

Honestly don’t blame him for not wanting to post anything with the juvenile tantrums thrown and the huge amount of personal attacks levied against him.

Yeah, we shouldn’t be this mean to John. After all, all he did was promise us the world and give us nothing in the end.

Knowing Anet’s censorship, this post will be infracted in three… two… one…

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Akisame.9508

Akisame.9508

He should have thought twice before he lied to us…saying that they had ranger improvements on the previous patch but had to pull them in order to test them further and then saying it would be in the next patch, come next patch and the improvements he said where already done where no where to be seen giving us an answer that they where limited in time. So they have the time to patch and buff and test stuff for all other classes, but they don’t have time to just test what they had already done for us?

Don’t be a fanboy, you know he lied to us which is why we got pissed at him. Worse part is he comes on here saying that they acknowledge that ranger’s need the most love because we’re the worse off profession then come patch and we get the least amount of fixes and no buff’s while professions that are already overpowered, like warrior, get buffed up even more. That’s just adding salt to the injury!

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

He should have thought twice before he lied to us…saying that they had ranger improvements on the previous patch but had to pull them in order to test them further and then saying it would be in the next patch, come next patch and the improvements he said where already done where no where to be seen giving us an answer that they where limited in time. So they have the time to patch and buff and test stuff for all other classes, but they don’t have time to just test what they had already done for us?

Don’t be a fanboy, you know he lied to us which is why we got pissed at him. Worse part is he comes on here saying that they acknowledge that ranger’s need the most love because we’re the worse off profession then come patch and we get the least amount of fixes and no buff’s while professions that are already overpowered, like warrior, get buffed up even more. That’s just adding salt to the injury!

To add onto the end of that, It got personal when the class that got the buff that we where hoping for, a long bow or even a short bow buff was the one class that is

1. Over powered
2. His favorite

Sorry, but really? really. inb4infr

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

we likely have to wait until Winter’s Day patch in January, which will make it 2 months since ive last logged in.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

To add onto the end of that, It got personal when the class that got the buff that we where hoping for, a long bow or even a short bow buff was the one class that is

1. Over powered
2. His favorite

Sorry, but really? really. inb4infr

also, no apology, no post to outline upcoming changes, nothing. just silence. i havent logged on for 3 weeks. im tired of killing or getting killed by thieves on my guardian main (that’s what spvp has become for me). likely, im done with the game seeing how poorly pvp is being managed. not holding my breath for the next balance patch either.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

(edited by nerva.7940)

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: aPutridCorpse.8792

aPutridCorpse.8792

Edited by moderator: post edited since the quoted message is not longer existing

After he made the post many many people were actually very optimistic until the patch went live. If the devs pulled through with even ONE major Ranger fix on that patch…let’s say pets…then I’m sure people would have been a little more patient moving forward.

They need to be rolling out the fixes now, before people stop playing. If it hasn’t been happening already.

So what if the next patch is as insignificant as the last? Just wait another month and remain patient?

Level 80 Asura Ranger
Level 30 Human Guardian

(edited by Moderator)

Ranger update

in Ranger

Agadar.4931

Edited by moderator: post edited since the quoted message is not longer existing

We’re not angry because the updates didn’t roll out fast enough.

We’re angry because John PROMISED before the previous update that the NEXT update would include ‘significant’ changes to rangers, yet in the end we got NOTHING.

(edited by Moderator)

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: computerkidchris.3971

computerkidchris.3971

Poof! Someone called and I am here. We made some ranger changes this patch, but had to go back on them because of risk factor. There are some bugs being fixed and quality of life improvements coming in the next patch, as well as some other significant ranger improvements. I would Literally tell you but I think it would be considered a bit of a spoiler so you will have to be patient.

While we work hard to keep updates going on all professions, not very build us going to contain fixes for everyone due to the nature of software development. One problem with rangers is the lack of build diversity created by a number of sub par utility skills. Many signets, a shout or two, and spirits are all a bit lackluster. That is the first place to expect improvements. Second is trying to improve the feel/ pacing on some weapons.

Ok I can’t type more with tiny phone finger keypad. See you in game!

Jon

OH MY GOD RANGERS ARE SOOOO OVERPOWERED !!!!!

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: computerkidchris.3971

computerkidchris.3971

OMG THE RANGERS ARE SO OVERPOWEREDDD

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Auberon.4653

Auberon.4653

Cool story, a lot of emotions. But it`s simply mathematics.
Time for skill casting (basically, no traits).
Ranger:
Longbow 1. – 3/4 sec., 2. – 10 sec., 3. – 12 sec., 4. – 15 sec. 5. (AoE) – 30 sec.

Warrior:
Longbow 1. – 3/4 sec., 2. – 6 sec., 3. (AoE) – 10 sec., 4. – 15 sec., 5. – 25 sec., + Adrenaline shoot.
Rifle 1. – 3/4 sec., 2. – 10 sec., 3. – 10 sec., 4. – 25 sec., 5. – 15 sec., + Adrenaline shoot.

Slow cast and poor demag of ranger`s skills makes terrible DPS. Thats all. Ranger really a piece of junk, end of story.

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Casey.9687

Casey.9687

Fanboy alert!

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Arsenic Touch.7960

Arsenic Touch.7960

I expect him to do his job and ignore the personal attacks and keep his promises or at least explain why they lied to us on more than one occasion in regards to the ranger. I’d still like them to explain why they tried to masquerade the first shortbow nerf as a “animation” glitch and then finally admit that it was because of people spamming “1” the only damage dealer for the shortbow no less and call it “not fun” Then explain why the last patch did not contain the significant changes that he himself promised. Also why they haven’t addressed how QZ and the shortbow has been nerfed. Yet the quickness from the sigil of rage seems to fire much faster than the quickness from QZ, at least it was the last time I used that rune.

Oh and that little buff to warrior longbow after we’ve been speaking out about the ranger longbow and shortbow was a slap to the face, that needs to be addressed as well.

That’s not asking for much.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

Dragonbrand – Level 80 – Human Ranger

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

Oh and that little buff to warrior longbow after we’ve been speaking out about the ranger longbow and shortbow was a slap to the face, that needs to be addressed as well.

Don’t forget about the projectile speed increase to engineer grenades, which is what 99.9% of the ranger community wants for the longbow.

RIP in peace Robert

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Azrhyel.3942

Azrhyel.3942

Dont understand why ANet is so stubborn.

It makes no sense. It should be top priority stuff and yet they do literally everything to make sure we can’t but believe it will be completely ignored. The gap between any reasonable way to care about it and the way it is ignored for months is so big, that i really can’t imagine how to explain – let alone understand it.

Yes, it might be tricky to sport a perfect fix for the ranger but that really shouldn’t mean no fix. Making it a competive class by just pushing its signature weapon overall longbow-dps like 30-100% (depending on your opinion if it should be a competive class or just a playable pvp class) could have bought you the time to make a proper fix without telling all ambitious ranger players: gtfo!

Instead ArenaNet chose maximum frustration:
nerf-hammer => no fix => finally announce fix => do nothing of the anounced, instead another relative nerf (compared to other classes pushes) => complete silence ignoring major rage

(edited by Azrhyel.3942)

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Loki.4871

Loki.4871

Yeah, we shouldn’t be this mean to John. After all, all he did was promise us the world and give us nothing in the end.

Knowing Anet’s censorship, this post will be infracted in three… two… one…

He promised spirit buffs and general utility tweaks, aknoledging that the shouts and signets were too ropey at the moment especially.

I’m not saying I’m utterly thrilled with the update (I was hoping the shouts would get updated)

What I am saying is the plonkers who were expecting the ranger to magically start outperforming the warrior in ranged combat (especially since the warrior is supposed to win in a 1v1 headbutting contest) set themselves up for disappointment. No matter how you slice it, he never mentioned a buff to weapons at any point. I was quite surprised at the greatsword buffs because of it.

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

Lets think what a normal person would think about all this…“Lets see..Lets go and dig some threads in forums to see what the people need and where they have problems..Hmm interesting!They mentioned something about weapons-signets-shouts-spirits-pets…It was the 80% of the complains…Lets dig a little futher into this..Ok we found some issues indeed.Lets test it but dont mention something yet,we dont want to make the overpower..Lets give some small changes at a time to make them assure that we are working on it..”
Step by step the community fall in love with dev and the game offers a zillion of dolars-euro.
Now lets think how a company thinks
1.Phantom nerf(dont speak about it,whistle and keep walking)
2.No changes-fixes at all(We are testing ppl,get ready for some major changes)
3.BANG!!!!give that female Drakehounds some underwater buffs

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

What I am saying is the plonkers who were expecting the ranger to magically start outperforming the warrior in ranged combat (especially since the warrior is supposed to win in a 1v1 headbutting contest) set themselves up for disappointment.

That’s funny. I didn’t realize they were making a rock, paper, scissors game.

Or did you mean current state of the ranger is in is due to the fact devs play warrior so therefore they are “supposed to win” because they don’t like losing?

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: NaturalPortman.9562

NaturalPortman.9562

What I am saying is the plonkers who were expecting the ranger to magically start outperforming the warrior in ranged combat (especially since the warrior is supposed to win in a 1v1 headbutting contest) set themselves up for disappointment.

Or did you mean current state of the ranger is in is due to the fact devs play warrior so therefore they are “supposed to win” because they don’t like losing?

Let’s be realistic, playing warrior is simple, but they aren’t THAT good.

(im a girl btw)

Ranger update

in Ranger

Agadar.4931

Aye, 30k crits are hardly impressive.

Ranger update

in Ranger

NaturalPortman.9562

30k? lets see this 30k on a non glass cannon and I hope you’re not talking about kill shot.

(im a girl btw)

Ranger update

in Ranger

Agadar.4931

30k? lets see this 30k on a non glass cannon and I hope you’re not talking about kill shot.

Oh, you bet I am.

You bet.

I.

Am.

Ranger update

in Ranger

NaturalPortman.9562

Oh, you bet I am.

You bet.

I.

Am.

First of all, that 30k crit only happens in WvW when you hit people that aren’t even geared. 2nd of all that attack is trash in sPvP

(im a girl btw)

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Loki.4871

Loki.4871

1v1, the ranger should lose. Thing is, with your animal companion it’s 2v1. The ranger should win with it’s animal companion if they’re skilled, but expecting to beat the warrior on your own is stupid. It’s akin to complaining the guardian is better at buffing teammates, and the ranger should match/be better.
Which is why the pets need improving, bugfixes need to be done, and things like spirits and utility skills need to be more viable. Currently everyone whining seems to be trying to play the ranger as a warrior; big surprise, the warrior is better at being a warrior. If utility skills are improved/changed and different playstyles are made viable for the ranger, suddenly you don’t have to waste time trying for that. It’s like the Necromancer isn’t really designed for raw damage (Warrior again), but a war of attrition. The ranger is not designed to beat the warrior in a headbutting contest, so it needs to win some other way. The only way it can do that is if it has better/alternate options than headbutting.

Ranger update

in Ranger

Aridia.3042

1v1, the ranger should lose. Thing is, with your animal companion it’s 2v1. The ranger should win with it’s animal companion if they’re skilled, but expecting to beat the warrior on your own is stupid. It’s akin to complaining the guardian is better at buffing teammates, and the ranger should match/be better.
Which is why the pets need improving, bugfixes need to be done, and things like spirits and utility skills need to be more viable. Currently everyone whining seems to be trying to play the ranger as a warrior; big surprise, the warrior is better at being a warrior. If utility skills are improved/changed and different playstyles are made viable for the ranger, suddenly you don’t have to waste time trying for that. It’s like the Necromancer isn’t really designed for raw damage (Warrior again), but a war of attrition. The ranger is not designed to beat the warrior in a headbutting contest, so it needs to win some other way. The only way it can do that is if it has better/alternate options than headbutting.

I’ve never heard this claim before from Anet that class X > Y > Z etc. If that’s truly the case, then there’s something wrong with the balance. It cannot truly be a competitive game when you have a rock, paper scissors setup.

Why bother to have traits and different skill sets if it all really boiled down to one class simply outclasses another?

Ranger update

in Ranger

Aridia.3042

Compared to rangers, they’re THAT good IMO.

Ranger is not complex in a good way like Elementalists; they’re complex in a way that’s forcing the player to deal with handicaps like overnerfed weapons, broken and/or ineffective traits, anemic utilities, and dodgy pet AI.

Ranger update

in Ranger

NaturalPortman.9562

Compared to rangers, they’re THAT good IMO.

Ranger is not complex in a good way like Elementalists; they’re complex in a way that’s forcing the player to deal with handicaps like overnerfed weapons, broken and/or ineffective traits, anemic utilities, and dodgy pet AI.

But I have no issue fighting off any warrior, and I’m not some pro gamer either. I honestly think rangers counter warriors hard.

(im a girl btw)

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Division.9618

Division.9618

Necromancer isn’t designed for a war of attrition, that’s just it’s most viable build. There are plenty of necros out there who want to be power builds using the dagger/axe and vampire abilities, or minion masters who use their minions for high damage.

The warrior isn’t designed for raw damage either. If they were the sword and the bow wouldn’t exist. Neither would banner/shouts, maces, shields, or hammers.

Also, the ranger should be as good at buffing teammates as guardians. That’s why we have spirits.

The thing everyone is whining about is that we don’t have different playstyles. We have one. The beastmaster. No matter what we do, no matter how we spec, we will know that our character will always be weaker than other characters in exchange for an easily killable bad AI with tons of issues. I highly doubt any of these issues can actually be fixes because they’re core problems with the AI of this game. The engineer turrets are not viable and neither are the necromancer minions. The only reason mesmers are good is because their AI is really simple and is made to die quickly.

In fact i have never seen any action game do friendly AI in a good way. At best i’ve seen it done in a way that doesn’t annoy, but it’s never helpful. I have seen it done in a good way in pure RPG’s, but this isn’t a pure RPG. We can’t be the WoW hunter.

The ranger should be about speed , damage, and nature magic. Sort of like if the Thief, Guardian, Warrior, and every druid from every game ever came together and somehow had 1 baby.

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: VeralFixen.3142

VeralFixen.3142

don’t get your hopes high rangers

everyone should aware the way last patch turned out where they ‘accidentally’ nerf traps, it means they didn’t even bother to test the changes properly
if they did, they should’ve realized it. it’s kind of impossible-to-miss kind of thing

anet’s current vision of the rangers are like the worst ranger version ever compared to every other lore/games

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Zox.5964

Zox.5964

I actually dropped 10$ to buy a new character slot to reroll as a warrior so I can have fun in PvP till they fix my lvl 80 Ranger.
But my gems have not arrived. It is awful, I can’t play the class I wanted to play competitivley and now I can’t seem to add another character to try another class.
Yeah I could go through the whole customer support spiel, but at this point I’m just too fed up to touch the game.

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Auberon.4653

Auberon.4653

Also, the ranger should be as good at buffing teammates as guardians. That’s why we have spirits.

Spirits are absolutely useless, do not even lern them. Have you seen other classes which have skills that works with 35% chance, or if be traited max 50%? Say another way: have you seen DaggerStorm of Thief that works 50/50? Or Illusions of mesmer that can be summoned with 50% on cast? Or guardian buffs ally with chance 35%? No? But why rangers have such stuped skills? )

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: MeGaZlo.9516

MeGaZlo.9516

Ranger problem deeper than the low damage or spirits with questionable usefulness. Class without a soul. If at some point the developers were afraid that ranger would become overly popular and killed all interesting in it. Simply boring to play them. Those who started the other classes, just understand it. When you playing ranger you feeling that it was created just for it to be and no more. From here most of the weapons with one only usable autoattack, 2/3 of useless skills and wacky traits that are crookedly work also (look at the marksmanship/mb/nature magic line).

The class mechanics – a different story. Unfinished pets could be quite normal supplement if they WERE supplement(!). But, for some reason, the entire class was tied to his mechanics, despite the fact that any synergy is not observed (just look at the Mesmer to understand what I mean). You just forced to work on pet, because many abilities do not work when it’s dead, more than half of your traits improves only pet and it is too large part of your damage. Show me a second class, the mechanics of which die in combat taking away the half performance. Also, for some reason, the developers also decided to remove the possibility of resurrecting it (supposedly many players inadvertently raised the pets instead of other players (why not make it so that only the ranger could resurrect a pet?). Looking at all this start involuntarily believe to some developers’ lack of love to this class. If in short – class stupid, dull and weak. Here, you need something more serious than a minor readjustment digits damage. And looking at the last promised “super” fix – I doubt that it will be.

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Arekai.5698

Arekai.5698

Why are people still posting in this thread?
It’s not like it will change anything. Anet said that the class is fine as it is.

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Thezy.4136

Thezy.4136

Why are people still posting in this thread?
It’s not like it will change anything. Anet said that the class is fine as it is.

Let’s try it this way. If you were going for a dungeon and you were missing the last person, which profession would you pick if you had to choose between:

Guardian and Ranger
Warrior and Ranger
Necro and Ranger
Engi and Ranger
Ele and Ranger
Thief and Ranger
Mesmer and Ranger?

Now if you were going for tPvP and you were missing the last person, which profession would you pick if you had to choose between:

Guardian and Ranger
Warrior and Ranger
Necro and Ranger
Engi and Ranger
Ele and Ranger
Thief and Ranger
Mesmer and Ranger?

Now tell me again that the class is fine as is.

Ranger update

in Ranger

Casey.9687

Why is anet so worthless when it comes to keeping us updated? Its been 3 fracking weeks without any form of information about upcoming updates….

Ranger update

in Ranger

NaturalPortman.9562

Why is anet so worthless when it comes to keeping us updated? Its been 3 fracking weeks without any form of information about upcoming updates….

Did you not watch the jonathan sharp interview lol

(im a girl btw)

Ranger update

in Ranger

Casey.9687

He doesn’t talk once about the ranger at any give point in that interview and did ya notice when they(top players) all said their main were thieves and mesmers? Isn’t that all you see in pvp and WvW anymore? nice job balancing your game anet…..

Ranger update

in Ranger

NaturalPortman.9562

He doesn’t talk once about the ranger at any give point in that interview and did ya notice when they(top players) all said their main were thieves and mesmers? Isn’t that all you see in pvp and WvW anymore? nice job balancing your game anet…..

Ranger isn’t that bad.

(im a girl btw)

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Ranger isn’t that bad.

To the average MMORPG player (4 years of EQ1, 4 years of DAoC and 8 years of WoW have convinced me there is no deviating from this) there are exactly two states of balance:

1. Nr.1
  2. Useless / Devs-hate-my-class / etc.

There is no middle ground. It can’t be that Thieves are overpowered but Rangers still fun to play and can contribute to their team, nope. Either you’re a Thief, a Mesmer supporting a Thief with reflections and portals, or you get laughed at because you’re so bad. Mind you, by people playing other classes than Thief. :P

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Ranger update

in Ranger

NaturalPortman.9562

Ranger isn’t that bad.

To the average MMORPG player (4 years of EQ1, 4 years of DAoC and 8 years of WoW have convinced me there is no deviating from this) there are exactly two states of balance:

1. Nr.1
  2. Useless / Devs-hate-my-class / etc.

There is no middle ground. It can’t be that Thieves are overpowered but Rangers still fun to play and can contribute to their team, nope. Either you’re a Thief, a Mesmer supporting a Thief with reflections and portals, or you get laughed at because you’re so bad. Mind you, by people playing other classes than Thief. :P

I never understood why people expect every single class to be on par with eachother, that would make the game boring and lackluster.

If that’s the kind of balance you want, I give you the game Dive Kick.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heenWdYYhg0

(im a girl btw)

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Drago.1634

Drago.1634

So walking along in WvW… Panning my Camera around to watch my 6. Panned it back around to watch my front. Started to pan it back around to my 6 again and ended up on the ground. Full tanky spec ranger. .2 seconds to die. 1.5 seconds to hit the ground.

Can anyone guess what killed me?

If anyone see’s a Random Mac. Truck in WvW please let them know hit and runs are illegal. Ty^^

Ranger update

in Ranger

NaturalPortman.9562

So walking along in WvW… Panning my Camera around to watch my 6. Panned it back around to watch my front. Started to pan it back around to my 6 again and ended up on the ground. Full tanky spec ranger. .2 seconds to die. 1.5 seconds to hit the ground.

If anyone see’s a Random Mac. Truck in WvW please let them know hit and runs are illegal. Ty^^

If you died in .2 seconds to die I don’t believe you are tanky at all lol.

(im a girl btw)

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Arekai.5698

Arekai.5698

I never said Ranger is fine.
Ranger is by far the worst class anyone could play in this game. I switched weeks ago to another class.
What i meant is, Jon himself said that Ranger is fine, which means there will never be buffs, may be for water combat but not for the class.

So just abandon it already if you aren’t a masochist.

Ranger update

in Ranger

Drago.1634

You forgot my 1.5 Seconds to hit the ground =P

Ranger update

in Ranger

NaturalPortman.9562

I still dont believe you are tanky at all then. I’m a tanky ranger and I don’t get dropped in even 10 seconds.

(im a girl btw)

Ranger update

in Ranger

Drago.1634

I still dont believe you are tanky at all then. I’m a tanky ranger and I don’t get dropped in even 10 seconds.

Okay, maybe not 1.7 seconds but it felt like it. Was just a lil story of my experience, was meant to be for the lol’s factor. Not to start a debate on my spec or every little detail of my post. =)

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Lysico.4906

Lysico.4906

Okay, maybe not 1.7 seconds but it felt like it. Was just a lil story of my experience, was meant to be for the lol’s factor. Not to start a debate on my spec or every little detail of my post. =)

So why post it though? People that totally over exaggerate things like this, give a really poor reflection of the real situation.

Ranger update

in Ranger

Drago.1634

So why post it though? People that totally over exaggerate things like this, give a really poor reflection of the real situation.

And what situation is this that you speak of? Am i not allowed to post my experience of ranger in the ranger update forums? This whole thread is a reflection on how poor the ranger is as a class atm. And how poorly Anet addressed this “Real Situation”

Ranger update

in Ranger

NaturalPortman.9562

And what situation is this that you speak of? Am i not allowed to post my experience of ranger in the ranger update forums? This whole thread is a reflection on how poor the ranger is as a class atm. And how poorly Anet addressed this “Real Situation”

But you’re expressing your experiences as if it’s the classes fault, you mentioned WvW. So my real guess is that you are not geared and got ganked by a better geared played and got killed instantly, surprise! That would happen to every poorly geared class.

(im a girl btw)

(edited by NaturalPortman.9562)