Ranger uses gun idea

Ranger uses gun idea

in Ranger

Posted by: khenthorne.8736

khenthorne.8736

Q:

Can we get a ranger a gun weapon please?

I have a idea that could work.

How about the ranger uses a sling shot. The sling shot could use rocks as ammo and still uses the nature idea.

Ranger uses gun idea

in Ranger

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

A:

theres already a slignshot…..for your Shortbow :::

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Slingshot_Skin

Ranger uses gun idea

in Ranger

khenthorne.8736

I knew that already. That’s not I mean. A shortbow uses arrows while this uses rocks as weapons.

Ranger uses gun idea

in Ranger

Posted by: Gollgagh.6109

Gollgagh.6109

Soooo… you want a new short-range range weapon that does even less damage than the shortbow? I’m confused.

Ranger uses gun idea

in Ranger

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

So, you want to give rangers a gun, what skills will it have? What unique role will it take that isn’t a clone of longbow or shortbow?

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Ranger uses gun idea

in Ranger

Posted by: Norjena.5172

Norjena.5172

Rifle/Pistol on rangers is a nogo!
They are a nature (magic) based class. Not a Pew Pew Laz0rgun hunt€r/sn!p€r whatever.

Ranger uses gun idea

in Ranger

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Are they? Really? I’d say no. Even Sylvari use guns and you can’t be more “nature” than them. I’d like to see a rifle and a whip on the rangers weapon list tbh.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Ranger uses gun idea

in Ranger

khenthorne.8736

So far I keep reading that people assume the ranger class is nature(magic) based class.

The ranger class doesn’t have to be played as nature based. Because why didn’t they give the ranger a staff weapon. Why give the class sword and greatsword. I don’t see a greatsword being nature based.

We don’t have to use the sprit utility or traits for them.

The whole point of this game is it give the class different weapons and play the way we all want to play. That why the give is different types of stat armor like cleric, knights, and givers.

So why can’t they give his different weapons or the same weapons for classes that aren’t using those weapons now. There are different interviews saying that the dev are going to put weapons that we already have so other class can use them.

I for one would like to choose between all the weapons for all classes and let people play the way they want. Since from day one that’s what this game to be about.
That is one reason I love playing this game more then I have ever played games like WOW, Everquest, Tera, Rift, Age of Conan and Lord of the Rings Online.

Ranger uses gun idea

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

They are a nature (magic) based class. Not a Pew Pew Laz0rgun hunt€r/sn!p€r whatever.

The charcoal, saltpeter, sulfur, iron, lead, and wood needed to make a functional gun all come from nature, just as the iron, charcoal, and wood of a great sword come from nature.

The nature argument is pointless when we don’t use a single weapon that doesn’t need to be processed and built by hand. Bows and swords don’t fall from trees nor spring from the ground, fully formed, like potatoes.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Ranger uses gun idea

in Ranger

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

The charcoal, saltpeter, sulfur, iron, lead, and wood needed to make a functional gun all come from nature, just as the iron, charcoal, and wood of a great sword come from nature.

The nature argument is pointless when we don’t use a single weapon that doesn’t need to be processed and built by hand. Bows and swords don’t fall from trees nor spring from the ground, fully formed, like potatoes.

The thing is, those things when combined can do more damage to nature in a matter of minutes than a bow, greatsword, axe, sword, etc can do. If the Ranger is attuned to Nature, then he won’t ever use a gun, not when a bow can do it just as well, with minimal damage to the environment.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Ranger uses gun idea

in Ranger

Chrispy.5641

The thing is, those things when combined can do more damage to nature in a matter of minutes than a bow, greatsword, axe, sword, etc can do. If the Ranger is attuned to Nature, then he won’t ever use a gun, not when a bow can do it just as well, with minimal damage to the environment.

While I’ve agreed with that for a long time, and I still sort of do, Rangers are everything about that profession in one. They are Hunters, Marksmen, Druids, Wardens, Beastmasters, etc., all in one package. I don’t think it would be too out of place to see a Ranger be a little farther away from Nature, and be a little more focused on being a Marksman instead.

Ranger uses gun idea

in Ranger

Posted by: wolfyrik.2017

wolfyrik.2017

Remind me again which does worse damage to wood, plants, trees forests and animals? People with axes, people with fires or people with guns?

People torching everything is guaranteed to destroy trees plants and animals, guns only hurt animals. Axes are used to fell trees, they can also kill animals. Guns can only kill animals. Bows can only kill animals.

I really don’t understand the Nature/guns claims. Most nature worshipping hunter tribes in the real world have switched to rifles over bows, even when keepingtheir beliefs. The two aren’t related. Killing thins is killing things, no matter what is used to do it. Killing soemthing with a bow isn’t somehow more magical or in tune with nature, infact it’s probably the more cruel choice. Something hit with an arrow will live long enough to suffer, pretty much wherever you hit it. A remotely good shot with a gun will finish most creatures.

Guns exist in Tyria, so it only makes sense that a class who thrives on utility would use them.

Ranger uses gun idea

in Ranger

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Sorry what? Most primitive tribes around the world can be said to be one with nature, or been one with nature for those that were wiped out. Yet I can only think of one that still exists today that didn’t whole heartedly take up the gun as soon as it became available to them, and that’s the aborigines of Australia, and even they probably use them.

Using or not using a gun has no impact on your connection to nature. It is not what you use, but how you use it that matter. Just like a Ranger channels the spirit of bear and eagle when using the great sword, or shark when using a spear, a Ranger can use a gun in harmony with nature. If they can be in harmony with nature while literally setting the ground on fire around them they can do it while propelling a small bit of metal very fast.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Ranger uses gun idea

in Ranger

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

The fact that rangers dont use guns or pistols is part of their character. We are masters of the bow. Guns became popular because people can use them easily, using long bows proficiently requires lifelong training. A gun toting ranger would just be a hack ranger. Warriors are masters of weapons so it makes sense they use both.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

Ranger uses gun idea

in Ranger

RyuDragnier.9476

The fact that rangers dont use guns or pistols is part of their character. We are masters of the bow. Guns became popular because people can use them easily, using long bows proficiently requires lifelong training. A gun toting ranger would just be a hack ranger. Warriors are masters of weapons so it makes sense they use both.

Not to mention if we dared to use guns and called us a Ranger, a certain Texas Ranger would come and wink us out of existence.

[hS]

Ranger uses gun idea

in Ranger

Chrispy.5641

Not to mention if we dared to use guns and called us a Ranger, a certain Texas Ranger would come and wink us out of existence.

Why? He’s not famous for guns! He’s more famous for the blackbelt that he made from the beard that he grew on his…..kittens. And he also has an epic battle with Death every year on his birthday. He’s currently 73 and 0. I’d be more afraid if I were a Necromancer honestly.

Ranger uses gun idea

in Ranger

RyuDragnier.9476

Chrispy, don’t you realize? HE’S ALSO A NECROMANCER! How else could he make Death his kitten? In fact, he’s every job class in the game.

[hS]

Ranger uses gun idea

in Ranger

Chrispy.5641

Chrispy, don’t you realize? HE’S ALSO A NECROMANCER! How else could he make Death his kitten? In fact, he’s every job class in the game.

yeah, but, he aint going to come after us for using guns. Though….he might wipe us off the face of the earth anyways if we don’t start learning how to do roundhouse kicks to atleast give the name Ranger some justice.

Ranger uses gun idea

in Ranger

RyuDragnier.9476

yeah, but, he aint going to come after us for using guns. Though….he might wipe us off the face of the earth anyways if we don’t start learning how to do roundhouse kicks to atleast give the name Ranger some justice.

You mean like the Close Quarters move Archers have in Tera? That second kick man, that second kick.

[hS]

Ranger uses gun idea

in Ranger

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Yeah… no. Anyone can shoot and gun and anyone can shoot a bow. To be truly good at either still takes just as much training.

I want to be the white guy from Last of the Mohicans. He was a ranger without a pet. Hitting things with axes and shooting them with rifles. He was not a soldier.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Ranger uses gun idea

in Ranger

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

If you want to play a Ranger with a gun, go make an Engineer.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

Ranger uses gun idea

in Ranger

Kilger.5490

Yeah… no. Anyone can shoot and gun and anyone can shoot a bow. To be truly good at either still takes just as much training.

I want to be the white guy from Last of the Mohicans. He was a ranger without a pet. Hitting things with axes and shooting them with rifles. He was not a soldier.

Obviously talking out your kitten but read this

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2964/in-1776-why-didnt-soldiers-use-bows-and-arrows-instead-of-muskets

Skip to the last 3 paragraphs for the summary of real history instead of your made up stuff.

Kilger – Human Ranger
Jade Quarry

Ranger uses gun idea

in Ranger

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

If nature-bound hunters aren’t supposed to use guns, you might want to tell that to all the ones who do. They’ll be so embarrassed to discover that their centuries-long traditions of running through the wilds, firing bullets instead of arrows, are misguided. Oh, the egg on their faces.

I should be writing.

Ranger uses gun idea

in Ranger

Posted by: Norjena.5172

Norjena.5172

GW2 rangers have Pets, and they call birds/nature spirits to support them. Guns are loud, making alot of noise.

Ranger uses gun idea

in Ranger

Posted by: Koi.2570

Koi.2570

If I could have either 2 aetherized pistols or an aetherized rifle on my ranger, I’d be so happy.

Ranger uses gun idea

in Ranger

Posted by: Shrimpkin.4851

Shrimpkin.4851

Flaming arrows. I can dream.

I’m not anti-social, I’m selectively social. There’s a difference.

Ranger uses gun idea

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Obviously talking out your kitten but read this

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2964/in-1776-why-didnt-soldiers-use-bows-and-arrows-instead-of-muskets

Skip to the last 3 paragraphs for the summary of real history instead of your made up stuff.

Having used both bows and rifles, they both took roughly the same amount of time to get reasonably good at; maybe half an hour. Obviously they are modern weapons, but my dad uses archaic versions and does just fine.

At any rate, we use the weapons in very remote wilderness, like say, a ranger would.

Ranger uses gun idea

in Ranger

Kilger.5490

Having used both bows and rifles, they both took roughly the same amount of time to get reasonably good at; maybe half an hour. Obviously they are modern weapons, but my dad uses archaic versions and does just fine.

At any rate, we use the weapons in very remote wilderness, like say, a ranger would.

Facinating! I guess we can take from this Europe and 18th century America dont know much compared to you and your dad. Thanks for sharing!

Kilger – Human Ranger
Jade Quarry

Ranger uses gun idea

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Facinating! I guess we can take from this Europe and 18th century America dont know much compared to you and your dad. Thanks for sharing!

Holy cow, that was the most obnoxious thing I’ve read on the internet. What inspired you to be so randomly rude to someone not being rude to you?

I have pretty extensive experience with hunting, I thought it was relevant. I’ve never tried to shoot a person with a bow obviously, but shooting one at a target or animal is extremely basic. Pull back and aim. My mother-in-law bulls-eyed the very first arrow she ever shot. Rifles are similarly simple, it’s the loading and safety and what not that confuse people.

What sort of experience with weapons do you have, by the way?

Ranger uses gun idea

in Ranger

Kilger.5490

Holy cow, that was the most obnoxious thing I’ve read on the internet. What inspired you to be so randomly rude to someone not being rude to you?

I have pretty extensive experience with hunting, I thought it was relevant. I’ve never tried to shoot a person with a bow obviously, but shooting one at a target or animal is extremely basic. Pull back and aim. My mother-in-law bulls-eyed the very first arrow she ever shot. Rifles are similarly simple, it’s the loading and safety and what not that confuse people.

What sort of experience with weapons do you have, by the way?

Sorry… not well rested so not feeling very diplomatic. If you read the article it makes it perfectly clear that long bows require extensive training by people that made war for a living.

Ive shot bows before, including one that had fully penetrated a bear and killed it instantly (from the owner and where he came from and his conditioning I dont doubt it). I could only take a couple shots with it and forget about aiming (and I have worked out for years and have some pipes). There are many different pulls and english longbows could get well over 100lb. To fire multiple shots (PROPERLY) with that in succession you would need to be build like Arnold schwartznegger in his prime. If you are then I stand corrected.

Long bow archers were the elite forces of the English army in their time for a reason. They were not easily replaced. This is historical fact.

Ive also shot lots of guns, rifles etc. There is nothing easier. Sure you can train to get better accuracy at longer range, but its use is the height of simplicity.

Kilger – Human Ranger
Jade Quarry

(edited by Kilger.5490)

Ranger uses gun idea

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

I read the article. English longbow men were well trained, but if you give me 50 teenage boys with bows and half an hour, I can make an reasonable army. Franklin understood no one wore armor at that point which is why the medieval bows had such absurd draw weights to begin with. Also I didn’t realize all 15th century English longbowmen were built like Schwarzenegger in his prime… ; )

But anyway, no idea what this has to do with anything at this point. Just try to be nice to people.