Ranger video truth

Ranger video truth

in Ranger

Posted by: AEFA.9035

AEFA.9035

almost a year, and still nothing good for us.

Success is my only option, failure is not.

Ranger video truth

in Ranger

Posted by: Evilbeavers.3964

Evilbeavers.3964

That’s the funniest thing I have seen in a while.

Kiblet – War Nubs – [NUB]
Terribad Ranger
Stormbluff Isle

Ranger video truth

in Ranger

AEFA.9035

the 1hand sword quote though: “with the 1 hand sword i would need my guild mates to kill my target for me, just so i can get back control of my character” LOL epic truth

Ranger video truth

in Ranger

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

This is why i love the Ranger community soooooo much…Its comedy and sometimes comedy is exceeding

Ranger video truth

in Ranger

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

At first its really, really funny. But then when it ends and you think about the truth, its pretty sad.

RIP shortbow.
Ranger traits are still warrior traits split into two separate weaker versions.
Swords moronic root is “intentional,” per the Dec 10th notes clarification.
They are simply not capable of making pets viable for dungeons or large fights (or they would have already).
Same can be said of spirits outside of sPvP, even though making spirits into auras would entirely fix the issues there.
They are not interested in allowing anyone to be independent of pets (who wants to admit such a huge mistake?)
Traps are still in a line that has nothing to do with conditions.
Survival is still mandatory as the only reliable source of condi management.

If only I wasn’t in love with the Ranger archtype.

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

Ranger video truth

in Ranger

Posted by: felixdacat.3804

felixdacat.3804

kittening brilliant.

Ranger video truth

in Ranger

Posted by: Noobie.1073

Noobie.1073

Brilliant, simply brilliant! Loved it

I Cha Cha I – Mediocre Ranger at best
Mao Xiong – Worst Warrior GW2

Ranger video truth

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Oh so good.. thank you xD

The saddest part being its a year old and still 100% relevant.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Cufufalating.8479)

Ranger video truth

in Ranger

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

At first its really, really funny. But then when it ends and you think about the truth, its pretty sad.

RIP shortbow.
They are simply not capable of making pets viable for dungeons or large fights (or they would have already).
Same can be said of spirits outside of sPvP, even though making spirits into auras would entirely fix the issues there.
They are not interested in allowing anyone to be independent of pets (who wants to admit such a huge mistake?)

I have no other choice but to completely agree with you.

May the Truth be expose and live on.

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

Ranger video truth

in Ranger

Burnfall.9573

As an advocate and a defender of the truth, i would like to thank the Op for exposing the truth and not being ashamed of the truth.

As the saying goes, “the truth will never be contained, nor forced into, or hell will break loose”

Dec 10 will be the day to either liberate us from the lies and deceptions or continue to embrace the fiery truth.

The Truth is Immortal, The Truth is God, The Truth is Life, The Truth is Death, Death to The Darkness, Long Live The Light, Long Live The Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

Ranger video truth

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Funny but still a l2p all the same :/

Ranger video truth

in Ranger

AEFA.9035

The truth is I think ANet is aware of this mistake that they have made and implemented, if you look at the Ranger trait line most of them do not make sense because no one knows perhaps even the Devs, about what being a Ranger is all about.

Are we an archer? a warden? a beastmaster? what hurts is that our traits are too allocated. A warrior can be defined as a savage who rushes into the battle and deal damage, wielding their weapon of choice and wreck havoc in the battle field.

Where does a Ranger play in that field?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ranger

At one point in development, according to The Making of Guild Wars 2 book, the ranger profession of the original Guild Wars was split into many different professions, notably the warden and the marksman. Eventually, with only marksman remaining, who only possessed only the aspect of ranged weaponry, was combined with already scrapped elements of warden and beastmaster, and renamed the result as ranger for the sake of the original series.

Ranger video truth

in Ranger

Posted by: Thom.1862

Thom.1862

I swear this is so funny it hurts, I have watched this video 3 times and can’t get all the way through it (reading wise) as I am laughing so hard. You know the best laughter is based in truth, that’s where the saying “there’s truth in jest” comes from. The developers should have this running on a continuous loop till they get it! Thank you so much for making my day.

Ranger video truth

in Ranger

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

I have watched this video many times and it is still applicable today about the Ranger.

There’s some very talented people out there, the dialogue and body actions go so well together.

Oh yeah the Ranger, nah don’t think it’ll ever be any good on GW2.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

Ranger video truth

in Ranger

Posted by: Sollith.3502

Sollith.3502

One of the best versions of this video I have seen; probably because it’s 100% true lol.

Ranger video truth

in Ranger

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

It’s funny because it’s true,

and the problem is still the same, the developers don’t play ranger in WvW.

Ranger video truth

in Ranger

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Hehe cool, making fun of the WW2 (and the Holocaust) to bring your point across. That’s pretty classy! Keep up the good work ranger-community.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Ranger video truth

in Ranger

Posted by: Gorwald.6170

Gorwald.6170

So true, even more sad that it was posted 1 year ago….and we still have the same problems and the same response…

Bah anyway, the WvWvW in this game gonna turn soon in a warrior/guardian fest and some satellite around (necros,mesmer,elem)

Karpal – Augury rock (French server)
Ranger 80 – Warrior 80 – Mesmer 80 – Necromancer 80 – Guardian 80

Ranger video truth

in Ranger

Posted by: Carlos.4371

Carlos.4371

Watching that video I laughed hard and felt pain at the same time – absolutely brilliant whoever made it. One of the best uses of that video ever.

Almost a year has passed after the video got uploaded and we still have the same issues with the Ranger…

Ranger video truth

in Ranger

Posted by: Shirk.6421

Shirk.6421

Hehe cool, making fun of the WW2 (and the Holocaust) to bring your point across. That’s pretty classy! Keep up the good work ranger-community.

You have no Idea what these Hitler rants videos are about and didn’t watch one before, right?

Ranger video truth

in Ranger

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

You have no Idea what these Hitler rants videos are about and didn’t watch one before, right?

Oh I do understand german and I have watched the movie but cool assumptions

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Ranger video truth

in Ranger

Posted by: Dabachelor.1736

Dabachelor.1736

the 1hand sword quote though: “with the 1 hand sword i would need my guild mates to kill my target for me, just so i can get back control of my character” LOL epic truth

LOL I think of this when i use my ranger with sword and am shouting OMG will you please KITTEN stop!

Ranger video truth

in Ranger

Posted by: Aden Celeste.3650

Aden Celeste.3650

I watched this for a bit… and then started crying. So, so true.

Ranger video truth

in Ranger

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

“Don’t worry, we all use axe anyway” – so funny because of what ridiculous advice it is. While it doesn’t root you it’s more useless than 1HS imo.

Ah, yes, Rangers. We have dismissed that claim!

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

Ranger video truth

in Ranger

Posted by: Shirk.6421

Shirk.6421

Oh I do understand german and I have watched the movie but cool assumptions

I’m speaking about the parodies not the actual film and btw. I’m german myself so I understand everything but it’s still funny as hell, like every other one of this parodies.

Ranger video truth

in Ranger

Posted by: Solandri.9640

Solandri.9640

Oh I do understand german and I have watched the movie but cool assumptions :)

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/downfall-hitler-reacts

The parodies are lesser-known in Germany because it’s harder to ignore the audio if you understand German. If you don’t understand German, you read the subtitles while getting the full emotional impact of the speech (which is great – part of the reason it’s a great movie). And the result is parody gold.

Ranger video truth

in Ranger

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

Ranger is very good in sPvP, a very strong roaming class in WvW, and has a top tier spec for PvE Dungeons with a Spotter+Frost Spirit Zerker Sword build. The only place they really are very bad is in WvW Zergs.

I’m legitimately confused. The Ranger is in a pretty strong position at the moment.

Ranger video truth

in Ranger

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

RIP shortbow.

You hit me with the truth, but I think a bus would have hurt less.

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

Ranger video truth

in Ranger

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Well, there are ranger builds that currently dominate for top players in PvE and PvP (S/H rangers top dps in PvE and spirit builds are in almost every serious tournament team), so you can’t really argue that rangers aren’t viable anymore.

Don’t get me wrong, the class still needs a lot of work (clunky/bad mechanics on weapons like the 1h sword, problematic pet AI, lack of viability in WvW, etc.), but at least we’re getting some open communication with devs and the class is still in a better overall spot than this time last year.

But yea…the vid is funny. >.>

Ranger video truth

in Ranger

Burnfall.9573

Sincerely, i can’t get this truth ranger video out of my head. What sadden me the most, is when the truth speaks within the soul to my poor ranger of how she has been deceived and manipulated far too long, into thinking she would be taken care of and how much she was special.

I ranger, stand alone, with a shattered heart, broken in million of pieces.

Held in a solitary prison, designed solely for me, left abandoned by my creator.

In my prison, i am constantly being reminded, how much a failure i am, how much pain i must bear, how much suffering i must abide to.

If i scream; no one will hear me, if i cry in agony; no one will listen to me, if i pray for salvation; death comes and torments me.

Light, i don’t want to cry in anymore, i don’t want to scream anymore, i don’t want to pray anymore.

Light; I stretch my fragile arms to you, embrace me, hold me, release me, from this hurtful, this hateful world of guild wars 2.

:( Ranger

Ranger video truth

in Ranger

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

Sincerely, i can’t get this truth ranger video out of my head. What sadden me the most, is when the truth speaks within the soul to my poor ranger of how she has been deceived and manipulated far too long, into thinking she would be taken care of and how much she was special.

Held in a solitary prison, designed solely for me, left abandoned by my creator.

In my prison, i am constantly being reminded, how much a failure i am, how much pain i must bear, how much suffering i must abide to.

If i scream; no one will hear me, if i cry in agony; no one will listen to me, if i pray for salvation; death comes and torments me.

Light, i don’t want to cry in anymore, i don’t want to scream anymore, i don’t want to pray anymore.

Light; I stretch my fragile arms to you, embrace me, hold me, release me, from this hurtful, this hateful world of guild wars 2.

Uh, are you okay?

Ranger video truth

in Ranger

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Uh, are you okay?

Yea, not sure if trying to be melodramatic and trolly or in serious need of help.

Ranger video truth

in Ranger

Burnfall.9573

Uh, are you okay?

Yea, not sure if trying to be melodramatic and trolly or in serious need of help.

Ranger class need help, can’t u tell?

Ranger video truth

in Ranger

Burnfall.9573

Uh, are you okay?

Of course I am ok , unfortunately not the ranger

Ranger video truth

in Ranger

Posted by: MaryJane.9045

MaryJane.9045

This is amazing!! Thankyou so much! hahaha.

So sad because its all true

“Its ok. Everyone just uses the axe anyways.” LMAOO!! I lost it here.

Love Jane* NSP <3

Ranger video truth

in Ranger

AEFA.9035

I think one of the truth about Ranger is that we don’t get what we want from the Devs because of our pet. Its very hard to balance when we have something like the pet that is part of the Ranger. I know for one we could be OP if our traits were arranged to its proper tree. Right now, our trait lines do not even make sense but I know there are 3 or 4 builds that work for Ranger class. Good to see that people find this funny though when Rangers get in the right direction, last laugh will be ours for sure

Ranger video truth

in Ranger

Posted by: snow.8097

snow.8097

haha nice Video xD

but yeah…its a shame to Play a ranger, not because the ranger class is weak…just because the ranger community seems to be a QQ-Family.
Dont get me wrong, i Play main ranger and only ranger but ist not cool to see how many ranger seem to be not able to Play their class.
We have a traitline that gives us two abilities to avoid CC, a nearly full condi clean every 10s, after the patch we could use instead a trait that is like a 25% HP boost.
We are good supporter with Spirits and shouts and horn.
We have many evades, not just with natural vigor, shortbow, the swords and dagger have evades with low cd.
We have many conditions, u could be able to make some conditions, run away and let the enemy bleed out, u just Need to give them condition over time.
We have one of the strongest Bursts on RANGE. the Enemy are half-dead until they do dmg.
We have two skills that gives us 6s of no dmg.
Even as power rangers we can survive Long enough against two or three enemys to stay on a Point until help Comes.
rapid fire has cool Long cast time that still attacks the enemy when they port
U Need a full condi clean? then use the signet and switch the pet.
U get root when u use sword? Strg + right click on #1 – Problem solved
Problems in WvW? yeah okay everything that we can do like boon Support, dmg and so on can other classes better, but then try something new and help the zerg with skills that disturbs the red blob, traps, muddy Terrain, entangle

so pls stop crying that rangers are weak, underpowered or something like that
Rangers are strong enough, the only Problem is that sometimes the pets do f2 too late
and when u hate it that ur pet dies in AoE dmg that press f3 before they die and stop let them run around like they want, u dont Need a dog whisperer for it.

To sum up a wise quote of a wise Guardian.
“Less QQ, more pewpew”

Safi/Clio Del Ray |Ranger, Elonas Reach,
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestions-Gemstore-Items/page/31#post4533037
the skrittfinisher was my idea!

Ranger video truth

in Ranger

Posted by: Imaginos.3756

Imaginos.3756

I laughed so hard I cried….then I realized it was 100% accurate to this day and just cried.

Ranger video truth

in Ranger

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

I had forgotten about this video, I watched it last year. I figured when I started watching this it wasn’t gonna have any impact on me, I was wrong. Spot on, funny as hell. The truth should sting, but by now I think the devs are numbed.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Ranger video truth

in Ranger

Posted by: urdriel.8496

urdriel.8496

Problems in WvW? yeah okay everything that we can do like boon Support, dmg and so on can other classes better, but then try something new and help the zerg with skills that disturbs the red blob, traps, muddy Terrain, entangle

Best WvW guilds only use warrior,guardian,necro and ele to fight ZvZ.

Ranger video truth

in Ranger

Posted by: snow.8097

snow.8097

yeah i know urdriel
that wont Change because other classes are more specialists in their Play
warriors do dmg and stun, guards tank and Support, necros make AoE with conditions and eles AoE, heals and do dmg from behind
ranger are not supposed to very important in WvW because we are the survival class with the pet.
Ranger Groups can roam around and spike a zerg before the main zerg Comes

but thats no Argument to use to say ranger are underpowered

Safi/Clio Del Ray |Ranger, Elonas Reach,
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestions-Gemstore-Items/page/31#post4533037
the skrittfinisher was my idea!

Ranger video truth

in Ranger

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

yeah i know urdriel

Attachments:

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

Ranger video truth

in Ranger

Posted by: Corpus Christi.2057

Corpus Christi.2057

An epic video. Although there are some viable builds, as people claim, organised high lvl fractals or sPvP’s players still prefer other classes over a ranger. You can’t deny it. If you think you could, then… well… You have a right to your own opinion, don’t you?

Three 80-lvl Rangers. Why? ‘Cos they’re that cool.

Ranger video truth

in Ranger

Posted by: DiamondMeteor.8345

DiamondMeteor.8345

Eh. I laughed at some parts, but c’mon. Thieves aren’t metagame anywhere except for WvW roaming, and that’s just a joke.

Ranger / Revenant – Crystal Desert

Ranger video truth

in Ranger

urdriel.8496

yeah i know urdriel
that wont Change because other classes are more specialists in their Play
warriors do dmg and stun, guards tank and Support, necros make AoE with conditions and eles AoE, heals and do dmg from behind
ranger are not supposed to very important in WvW because we are the survival class with the pet.

but thats no Argument to use to say ranger are underpowered

try to kill a organized guild with a ranger group , retaliation will kill you xDD

Ranger video truth

in Ranger

Posted by: SnidgetAsphodel.7961

SnidgetAsphodel.7961

I laughed so hard I cried….then I realized it was 100% accurate to this day and just cried.

Haha same here.

I’m sorry for the flood of my tears.

Cyro Renze – 80 Human Ranger
So Unprofessional [SUP] – Crystal Desert
“Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries.”

Ranger video truth

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

An epic video. Although there are some viable builds, as people claim, organised high lvl fractals or sPvP’s players still prefer other classes over a ranger. You can’t deny it. If you think you could, then… well… You have a right to your own opinion, don’t you?

Every high lvl PvP team has a ranger.

Ranger video truth

in Ranger

urdriel.8496

and?

Ranger video truth

in Ranger

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

and?

Which means that your claim: “sPvP’s players still prefer other classes over a ranger” is wrong.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Ranger video truth

in Ranger

Posted by: Sandpit.3467

Sandpit.3467

lol, no it doesn’t. inclusion by some does not equal prefer.