Ranger vs

Ranger vs

in Ranger

Posted by: AEFA.9035

AEFA.9035

Can anyone here from PVP record a video of your self playing a zerk Ranger vs other classes? (hot joint or tpvp) thanks. I’d like to see what build you’re using and how you play against others as a zerk.

Success is my only option, failure is not.

Ranger vs

in Ranger

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

Dont be a zerk ranger. Completely unviable in tpvp. In WvW it can be ok, but not nearly as good as a condi bunker

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

Ranger vs

in Ranger

Posted by: law.9410

law.9410

I’ll try to get a vid out next weekend. Whats a good cheap program to record with?
my build is 20/20/30/0/0 longbow + sword/dagger reflex/muddyterrain/sig hunt. entangle.

And by cheap i mean free haha fraps?

Ranger vs

in Ranger

Posted by: Serraphin Storm.2369

Serraphin Storm.2369

The makers of the razor have a recording program built into their game boost. It’s free
free.

In order to properly understand the big picture,
everyone should fear becoming mentally clouded and obsessed with one small section of truth.

Ranger vs

in Ranger

AEFA.9035

Dont be a zerk ranger. Completely unviable in tpvp. In WvW it can be ok, but not nearly as good as a condi bunker

again i know zerk is not viable to some rangers, but i find condition boring, i do know how to play the meta though. i just chose not to play by the meta.

Ranger vs

in Ranger

AEFA.9035

I’ll try to get a vid out next weekend. Whats a good cheap program to record with?
my build is 20/20/30/0/0 longbow + sword/dagger reflex/muddyterrain/sig hunt. entangle.

And by cheap i mean free haha fraps?

thank you!!! i tried 0-30-10-10-20 on mine, cause i like to kite around using my short bow and GS build, but Im having a hard time when im not running signet power build on my ranger to keep up with other classes for survivability.

I use lreflex, muddy terrain, and quickening zephyr. pure wilderness and dogs for kiting. i find it better to use a bird though for that damage at times while running hound as my secondary. but against a burst mesmer with signet of ether, i just can’t survive long enough to go for that 3rd round burst rotation.

Ranger vs

in Ranger

AEFA.9035

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-bump

Ranger vs

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Can someone post a link of what they use to record? I’ve never been able to get any of the free software to work on my computer.

Edit: Oh, I’ve been following this guy on youtube lately. He plays a power LB build. The fun thing is his concept is toally different than mine, so it brings new ideas to me.

Somewhere he has a video showing him dueling in OS with the build, I am not seeing it immediately.

(edited by Fluffball.8307)

Ranger vs

in Ranger

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

Most full Zerk ranger builds run signets and are extremely gimmicky and spammy. I wouldn’t recommend them whatsoever however if your really want to play a power build (you will struggle vs high ranks) then try this.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vMAQNAR8XnMqQLL2KI+rAXLGIaP4k5xE7B/T0ieFmVBbqA-TsAA0CnIuSdl7KzVyrsXNEZBxmDA

This build is hard to recreate in PvP so I chose the Valkyrie amulet but the build has decent healing/condi cleanse and more importantly high armor and power. It builds crit damage over crit chance because of Moment of Clarity and Sigil of intelligence. You can play defensively and then interrupt them with great sword, then switch and use axe 4 which will hit twice and pull them. Moment of Clarity gives +150% to the first hit and intelligence, from my testing (but I may get lucky and be wrong) effects both hits.

But don’t get to down if you can’t play amazingly as it is a ranger power build.

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

Ranger vs

in Ranger

AEFA.9035

lately ive been playing around WS utilities. Im really liking the game play of kiting around with my SB and GS. Though that ^ is an interesting build, I will try it. I might need some getting use to with all melee on Ranger.

Ranger vs

in Ranger

law.9410

I agree with you Aefa! I love the low cooldown on muddy terrain and lightning reflex is just awesome. Vs. shatter mesmers I like Sword/dagger. It’s so good at denying that sword 3 → shatter burst (if you get immobed you can still use 4 and 3). I feel your pain vs phantasm mesmers, very hard match-up.

Ranger vs

in Ranger

Posted by: milknnuts.8610

milknnuts.8610

With the sb range and pet damage nerf, fighting good phantasm mesmers is an uphill battle. I can’t even remember the last time I won against a good mesmer since the nerfs.
If I do fight a good one in wvw I play it gimmicky, only way I’d have a chance at winning is if the mesmer makes mistakes. If that doesn’t happen, I reset and try again, and if no opportunity comes, I bail.

Ranger vs

in Ranger

law.9410

Sorry the vid is a no go my computer can’t record without lagging horribly even with that razer boost. I’d be down to spar sometime though! (that goes for anyone as well)
-knightwukong

Ranger vs

in Ranger

Posted by: Esclfowne.3472

Esclfowne.3472

I play a zerker ranger in pvp and tpvp just need to record my noobie playing for u…

Ranger vs

in Ranger

Posted by: Esclfowne.3472

Esclfowne.3472

Ranger vs

in Ranger

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

I couldn’t get past 2 minutes of that video…….. horrible.

Ranger vs

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

I couldn’t get past 2 minutes of that video…….. horrible.

Maybe a little harsh. The average rank of both teams was like 18. Of course there are going to be a lot of positional errors.

Anyway, serious question. At one point he uses whirling defense on a downed engy while one of his teammates stands next to both of them (who failed to attempt the stomp.) Even though he wasn’t body blocking, because his friend was inside the radius of whirling defense would that have allowed the stomp? Or is it personal use only?

Ranger vs

in Ranger

AEFA.9035

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vMAQNBlYDbkQlOVrYxVFiWDErCA69I9sv9uHl6Uk6iTWpC-TsAgzCmIsRZjzGjNSbs2MKYVwmDA

Oh what?! No condi clear? GTFO!

Yeah that’s the mindset of most of who clicked on that link. But if I could record my self a video I would, I tested this build in a 1v1 arena and won 80% of the time. Except for MM necro and condi bomb necro.

YEAAAAH… That’s all I couldnt beat in that time I run this build. I faced Rank 40+ in pvp including a bow/axe/shield warrior that is rank 52 and Decap Engies! My fav!!. I say try it before you judge, yeaaahhhh its not that typical Ranger I know. No crit chance?! GTFO! No condi clear?! GTFO If you question it, feel free to msg me 1V1 with your main other than Ranger or Ranger if you want to. Id be glad to 1v1 any of you, maybe you could record it for me so I can feature my build including you in it as my opponent.

Ranger vs

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Wasn’t this supposed to be about zerker rangers?

You have a ton (the most possible I think!) of passive healing plus vigor, so I have no doubt you can just outheal or dodge most condis in a 1v1. Is it any good in an actual team arena match though? I don’t know if I’d want to sit on a cap point in an AoE storm with no condi removal.

Ranger vs

in Ranger

AEFA.9035

Wasn’t this supposed to be about zerker rangers?

You have a ton (the most possible I think!) of passive healing plus vigor, so I have no doubt you can just outheal or dodge most condis in a 1v1. Is it any good in an actual team arena match though? I don’t know if I’d want to sit on a cap point in an AoE storm with no condi removal.

you can drop spirits for skirmishing trait line, but if you do ether mesmers will be a huuuggeeee problem. my mind set when i made this was to beat as many sPVP players as I possibly could in a situation. No this is not tPVP material this is just hot joint material.

Ranger vs

in Ranger

Posted by: Valentin.2073

Valentin.2073

this is me playing a full glass zerker ranger vs a bunker engi.

http://youtu.be/-HiYUlhsO_M

i’m sorry for the sound and my bad play. i also had a video of me beating a guardian on my zerker ranger but i think i already deleted it. i hope this helps.

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

(edited by Valentin.2073)

Ranger vs

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

stuff

You either linked to the wrong video or are trying to mislead people to watch your video.

Ranger vs

in Ranger

Valentin.2073

stuff

You either linked to the wrong video or are trying to mislead people to watch your video.

i did make a mistake. im sorry, man. here’s the correct link: http://youtu.be/-HiYUlhsO_M

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

Ranger vs

in Ranger

AEFA.9035

stuff

i did make a mistake. im sorry, man. here’s the correct link: http://youtu.be/-HiYUlhsO_M

legit zerker alright. LB and SB. hahaha. good job man.

Ranger vs

in Ranger

Valentin.2073

stuff

legit zerker alright. LB and SB. hahaha. good job man.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vMAQJATVjMqlqC2VdD7rykdWx1GtDArH613gsHGy4iuCiexTVNB-TwAg0CnIoSRljKDVSqs4MIYRwpgXAA

i was using a 30 30 0 10 0 build, ranger runes and accuracy sigils. it's a very risky build but what's good about it is that enemies die before they can react. spirit ranger is still a better duelist but a zerker ranger can also put up a fight vs a wide variety of classes (PU mesmer, condi necro, s/d thief, bunker guardian, ele, and condi engi). i use this build both in pvp and wvw. it's a lot fun.

i will try to make a video of me fighting other classes too once i get the chance.

Ranger vs

in Ranger

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

watching ur videos, not bad, but u guys gotta work on ur positioning, ur using a longbow… haha, even with a shortbow on zerk, u shouldn’t let them get so close to u >.>

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

Ranger vs

in Ranger

Posted by: hooma.9642

hooma.9642

my build:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vMAQJATRjMqUyaLL+rw1agY9YP7vP9Dcizg/MqgNVA-TgAg0CnIQShkDJDSSksIB

sigill depend on enemy teamcomp. fire, air, strength or energy. depends on thief, supposed mm or tanky setups of teamcomposition. the same goes for spotter. if mesmer, mm or spiritranger is in game change to piercing arrows.

(edited by hooma.9642)

Ranger vs

in Ranger

Valentin.2073

watching ur videos, not bad, but u guys gotta work on ur positioning, ur using a longbow… haha, even with a shortbow on zerk, u shouldn’t let them get so close to u >.>

i usually play better than that. the engi was quite good at interrupting my skills. he interrupted my point blank shot and hunter shot. the engi was a good opponent but i knew that i could outdps him. its the same thing vs guardians, mesmers, thieves and eles. proven and tested.

Ranger vs

in Ranger

Valentin.2073

my build:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vMAQJATRjMqUyaLL+rw1agY9YP7vP9Dcizg/MqgNVA-TgAg0CnIQShkDJDSSksIB

sigill depend on enemy teamcomp. fire, air, strength or energy. depends on thief, supposed mm or tanky setups of teamcomposition. the same goes for spotter. if mesmer, mm or spiritranger is in game change to piercing arrows.

this is a good build. i like it. great dps. im just wondering if this can be effective in tpvp because this build is slow moving. this build is definitely not a roamer but it can be a great spiker in group fights and it has 3 stun breakers.

Ranger vs

in Ranger

hooma.9642

my build:

this is a good build. i like it. great dps. im just wondering if this can be effective in tpvp because this build is slow moving. this build is definitely not a roamer but it can be a great spiker in group fights and it has 3 stun breakers.

gs3 is the key and not nec. using elite for fights rather for moving and disengage

Ranger vs

in Ranger

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Most full Zerk ranger builds run signets and are extremely gimmicky and spammy. I wouldn’t recommend them whatsoever however if your really want to play a power build (you will struggle vs high ranks) then try this.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vMAQNAR8XnMqQLL2KI+rAXLGIaP4k5xE7B/T0ieFmVBbqA-TsAA0CnIuSdl7KzVyrsXNEZBxmDA

This build is hard to recreate in PvP so I chose the Valkyrie amulet but the build has decent healing/condi cleanse and more importantly high armor and power. It builds crit damage over crit chance because of Moment of Clarity and Sigil of intelligence. You can play defensively and then interrupt them with great sword, then switch and use axe 4 which will hit twice and pull them. Moment of Clarity gives +150% to the first hit and intelligence, from my testing (but I may get lucky and be wrong) effects both hits.

But don’t get to down if you can’t play amazingly as it is a ranger power build.

I like this concept. I haven’t tried high crit damage with low precision before. Would you mind posting your WvW version of it?

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Ranger vs

in Ranger

hooma.9642

I like this concept. I haven’t tried high crit damage with low precision before. Would you mind posting your WvW version of it?

if u plan on using it i can say it will not work in pvp. some long time ago there was an equal trial on warrior with sigill of intelligence and evis.

Ranger vs

in Ranger

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Just thinking about it, its really built for dueling over roaming isn’t it…

Flipping camps would be painfully slow with no crit %.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]