#RangerProblems

#RangerProblems

in Ranger

Posted by: Bryzy.2719

Bryzy.2719

Bored at work again so I’ll start.

>When you see a squishy in WvW and you set up SoTW, Quickening Zephyr, RaO, Call of the Wild and then hit rapid fire to pewpew a quick snipe but they hit reflect

>wen u need ur pet 2 save ur kitten wen u downed but he has to run from 10 billion metres away

#RangerProblems

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Yeah…. I don’t dedicate my entire build to one easily negated burst and I actively manage my pet so if I’m going down I’m not waiting for it to run ten billion meters. This sounds more like personal problems rather than ranger problems.

Actual ranger problems are more like: Where is my boon stripping and why are my shots being obstructed on this flat terrain?

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

#RangerProblems

in Ranger

Posted by: Mavander.3208

Mavander.3208

Bored at work again so I’ll start.

>When you see a squishy in WvW and you set up SoTW, Quickening Zephyr, RaO, Call of the Wild and then hit rapid fire to pewpew a quick snipe but they hit reflect

If they notice you doing it then you ping em with auto attacks first. Bait out their defenses. Folks expect rangers to go all in on the first attack. Also LB autos do good damage

#RangerProblems

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

#RangerProblems

in Ranger

Posted by: Mcrocha.3891

Mcrocha.3891

Class so meh that it starts flame wars on the forums. #RangerProblems

Local Charr Ruins Everything

#RangerProblems

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

This is not about the class at all.
It’s about people who play it or they think they do.

Do you know that our reputation is as bad as it is purely because of people and not a single piece of mechanic?
Bear pets for PvE (dps), Longbow only, Point Blank shotting out of melee range, pulling mobs because of poor pet handling.

Well I don’t see a single bug in the list.

And we have a really strict measure for people of that kind. Everywhere, in game and out. That’s all there is to it.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

#RangerProblems

in Ranger

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

Bryzy, if you wanted to start a fun thread about rangers complaining it went straight over everyone’s head except for Mcrocha.

Did you want to do something like this?

>my condi ranger and engie get downed at the same time, lick wounds gets interrupted by engie, had to win with downed #1

#RangerProblems

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF

#RangerProblems

in Ranger

Posted by: Sevans.4619

Sevans.4619

So good in open field 1v1’s that I fall asleep at the keyboard and still do well.

#rangerproblems #lolWvW #roaming #narcolepsy #beastlywarden

Saethe — Favorable Winds [Wind] — Maguuma

#RangerProblems

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

This is not about the class at all.
It’s about people who play it or they think they do.

Do you know that our reputation is as bad as it is purely because of people and not a single piece of mechanic?
Bear pets for PvE (dps), Longbow only, Point Blank shotting out of melee range, pulling mobs because of poor pet handling.

Well I don’t see a single bug in the list.

And we have a really strict measure for people of that kind. Everywhere, in game and out. That’s all there is to it.

You just proved my point tbh. You essentially just called people either bad or liars because you think Rangers are good while they think Rangers are bad. I don’t really care anymore; the discourse has been this way for three years on the forums and in game. #RangerProblems

#RangerProblems

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

I think you guys missed the joke, but because of that this thread delievered even more xD

#RangerProblems

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

You just proved my point tbh. You essentially just called people either bad or liars because you think Rangers are good while they think Rangers are bad. I don’t really care anymore; the discourse has been this way for three years on the forums and in game. #RangerProblems

If you weren’t just who you want me to make – you’d know my opinion as much as others do.

Rangers are not bad – we are just not overpowered as some no-named classes.
While there isn’t a single word of those you put into my virtual mouth – there are plenty of those you yourself provided to make yourself a subject for your own delusions (if you look closely, you currently are the one trying to make me look bad, right? Which means you are proving your point yourself. Correct me if I’m wrong).

The discourse has been drawing along for much longer since it’s never been just this game in particular, not even gaming while we are at that. If you don’t feel like contributing to the thread by anything else than trying to make people look as idiots, don’t contribute at all.

These are problems of human race and social interaction breakdown. # euphoria do not really help getting it back together.

#RangerProblems

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

If you weren’t just who you want me to make – you’d know my opinion as much as others do.

Rangers are not bad – we are just not overpowered as some no-named classes.
While there isn’t a single word of those you put into my virtual mouth – there are plenty of those you yourself provided to make yourself a subject for your own delusions (if you look closely, you currently are the one trying to make me look bad, right? Which means you are proving your point yourself. Correct me if I’m wrong).

The discourse has been drawing along for much longer since it’s never been just this game in particular, not even gaming while we are at that. If you don’t feel like contributing to the thread by anything else than trying to make people look as idiots, don’t contribute at all.

These are problems of human race and social interaction breakdown. # euphoria do not really help getting it back together.

Nope. You started flaming the OP by insinuating that he does stuff like PBS enemies out of melee etc. Furthermore, you claimed that bugs that people find don’t actually exist. I don’t have to contribute anything of substance, but I did actually contribute something to this thread which was obviously a joke thread and then you, among others, decided to flame the op, hence proving my statement correct.

Edit: my bad you didn’t flame the OP, you flamed me by claiming I probably do stuff like PBS enemies out of melee.

(edited by Mcrocha.3891)

#RangerProblems

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

Nope. You started flaming the OP by insinuating that he does stuff like PBS enemies out of melee etc. Furthermore, you claimed that bugs that people find don’t actually exist. I don’t have to contribute anything of substance, but I did actually contribute something to this thread which was obviously a joke thread and then you, among others, decided to flame the op, hence proving my statement correct.

Edit: my bad you didn’t flame the OP, you flamed me by claiming I probably do stuff like PBS enemies out of melee.

Are you a bearbow?
… If so, that would explain the whole situation, including why did you take all of the objective statements as offense against your person.

#RangerProblems

in Ranger

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

When you’re fighting an enemy at the edge of a cliff and your sword autoattack decides to throw you to your doom.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

#RangerProblems

in Ranger

Posted by: Treetoptrickster.4205

Treetoptrickster.4205

When you’re fighting an enemy at the edge of a cliff and your sword autoattack decides to throw you to your doom.

More like sword AAing in a tight space like a cave and having no idea where you are XD

#RangerProblems

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

Not sharing your build because popular builds used to get nerfed.

#RangerProblems

in Ranger

Puck.9612

They were just nerfing the stuff that worked to promote build variety, or as I like to call it, giving it the shortbow treatment.

#RangerProblems

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

They were just nerfing the stuff that worked to promote build variety, or as I like to call it, giving it the shortbow treatment.

This sounds exactly like straight from development.
Except the objective part you like to call it.

#RangerProblems

in Ranger

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

Back on topic:

Not getting to stomp someone because they ragelogged when killed by a longbow / brown bear ranger.

Getting invited to groups of thieves and mesmers that I killed so they can curse me out for using Sic Em.

When someone calls you a [lady of the night?] because you are a pro on your back.

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

#RangerProblems

in Ranger

Bryzy.2719

Back on topic:
Getting invited to groups of thieves and mesmers that I killed so they can curse me out for using Sic Em

Ahahaha so much this. Jeeeeesus christ, I have had some seriously obscene PMs from roaming WvW thieves after using Sic Em. The last one involved my mother dying of cancer! Safe to say Sic’Em has a permanent slot now right next to my heal

Also,

>When you roamin’ with da boyz and you wanna “contribute” to the group but can’t ’cos your jungle stalker is stood 5000000 metres behind casting his F2

#RangerProblems

in Ranger

Posted by: Sirius.4510

Sirius.4510

I don’t usually reserve space specifically for it, but thanks to Signet of the Hunt I swap skills routinely in WvW anyway… so if I see a mesmer or thief coming in by themselves and have had time to properly wake up, yep, Sic ’Em is going on there.

My own personal “#RangerProblems” is that I still can’t figure out how to get a hawk to reliably activate swiftness off nearby ambient creatures without hitting them and forcing me into combat. Oh well.

Though, I uh… don’t know if this thread is about those sorts of problems. Seems like it’s mostly a celebration of people who are doing it wrong?

Just a random PuGgle.
Stormbluff Isle ( http://www.stormbluffisle.com )

#RangerProblems

in Ranger

Bryzy.2719

Though, I uh… don’t know if this thread is about those sorts of problems. Seems like it’s mostly a celebration of people who are doing it wrong?

Of course it is, ‘cos as any gw2 nerd will tell you on here you’re playing wrong or you’re not using the right build if you have problems!

#RangerProblems

in Ranger

Puck.9612

I don’t usually reserve space specifically for it, but thanks to Signet of the Hunt I swap skills routinely in WvW anyway… so if I see a mesmer or thief coming in by themselves and have had time to properly wake up, yep, Sic ’Em is going on there.

My own personal “#RangerProblems” is that I still can’t figure out how to get a hawk to reliably activate swiftness off nearby ambient creatures without hitting them and forcing me into combat. Oh I well.

Killing ambients only puts you in combat for a second since they die in one hit, they are great for triggering clarion bond, quick draw, and swiftness from birds.

#RangerProblems

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

Killing ambients only puts you in combat for a second since they die in one hit, they are great for triggering clarion bond, quick draw, and swiftness from birds.

I believe killing ambients is random.

Sometimes they provide combat for a second, sometimes none at all.

#RangerProblems

in Ranger

Puck.9612

Of course it is, ‘cos as any gw2 nerd will tell you on here you’re playing wrong or you’re not using the right build if you have problems!

Only when someone is complaining about having problems that are mostly caused by the ineffectual build they are using, or by the inefficient way they choose to play.
Everyone here will agree there is a problem when you list an actual ranger problem, but we get too many bearbows coming onto the forum complaining about getting kicked from a dungeon party because they insisted on sitting at max range with a longbow. That’s not a ranger problem, that’s a ”I make stupid decisions” problem.

#RangerProblems

in Ranger

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

Players maining other classes complaining that players run away from them, but when you enter the map as a ranger no one runs away from you, not even uplevels. They all flock to you the second you leave the spawn #RangerProblems

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

#RangerProblems

in Ranger

Posted by: Sicarius.4639

Sicarius.4639

Players maining other classes complaining that players run away from them, but when you enter the map as a ranger no one runs away from you, not even uplevels. They all flock to you the second you leave the spawn #RangerProblems

When your TS sees a Ranger and everyone at the same time shouts “Free kill!” or “That’s not a Ranger that’s a running lootbag”.

#RangerProblems

#RangerProblems

in Ranger

Posted by: Purifer.3946

Purifer.3946

I know it’s not the exact build maybe, but it’s a poetic license.

Attachments:

#RangerProblems

in Ranger

Bryzy.2719

Only when someone is complaining about having problems that are mostly caused by the ineffectual build they are using, or by the inefficient way they choose to play.
Everyone here will agree there is a problem when you list an actual ranger problem, but we get too many bearbows coming onto the forum complaining about getting kicked from a dungeon party because they insisted on sitting at max range with a longbow. That’s not a ranger problem, that’s a ”I make stupid decisions” problem.

Please leave my thread. These are fun “moans” about stuff that happens during gameplay. Your critique on others’ gameplay is redundant in here, it’s for people to share their whimsical moments regardless of how much of a “noob” they are or how much they need to “L2P”, and it’s to see the funnier side of playing Ranger. I for one enjoy occasionally go all-out full zerk sniper at the back of zergs, but my main build is a settler-based condi bunker. If you’re not going to play along then leave as you’re trying to de-rail my thread.

#RangerProblems

in Ranger

Puck.9612

Please leave my thread. These are fun “moans” about stuff that happens during gameplay. Your critique on others’ gameplay is redundant in here, it’s for people to share their whimsical moments regardless of how much of a “noob” they are or how much they need to “L2P”, and it’s to see the funnier side of playing Ranger. I for one enjoy occasionally go all-out full zerk sniper at the back of zergs, but my main build is a settler-based condi bunker. If you’re not going to play along then leave as you’re trying to de-rail my thread.

Make me

Attachments:

#RangerProblems

in Ranger

Posted by: Aria.5940

Aria.5940

When you send your pet to attack something while you’re pick up nodes and you watch the pet miss the opponent by a mile and slowly backtrack to the correct attack range.

When you are in a group and use stalker roar only to watch the group running off while the pet is still casting.

When you try to get your pet to revive you but he finds a hidden rock on the landscape that is so interesting that he can’t possibly come to you.

When you run down a hill and your pet dies from falling damage from walking down.

When you play a new ranger and watch the pet dying because you can’t control it before hitting … is it lvl 5 now?

When you’re stacking while using sword and lose target, jumping to the other side of the room/down nearest cliff …

(edited by Aria.5940)

#RangerProblems

in Ranger

Raven.9603

When you’re stacking while using sword and lose target, jumping to the other side of the room/down nearest cliff …

I’ve started swapping to bow when a target is almost dead to avoid the “victory leap” into lava / off the cliff / out of the stack

Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

#RangerProblems

in Ranger

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

When one of the wvw zergers behind you is conveniently targeted for Hornet Stinging away, but you fail to de-target before Monarch’s Leaping right back into them…

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

#RangerProblems

in Ranger

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

People complaining about longbow being OP and stating that only simple, nonskilled newbies are using it, but when you mention to someone you are a melee ranger they ask why don’t you use a bow instead and claim you cannot be a true ranger without one #JustMeleeRangerProblems

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

#RangerProblems

in Ranger

Raven.9603

When one of the wvw zergers behind you is conveniently targeted for Hornet Stinging away, but you fail to de-target before Monarch’s Leaping right back into them…

oh, them feels.

When you do a perfect forward hornet to monarch out of a fight, but then you fail doing it again on the quickdraw and launch right back into trouble.

(edited by Raven.9603)

#RangerProblems

in Ranger

Posted by: Sirius.4510

Sirius.4510

Oh, man. I’ve done that with Swoop too many times to count.

There was a time in that fractal with the giant statue where I was on that wooden walkway “staircase”… the one with all the traps. And also a lot of… I think it was harpies, something like that (I don’t play a lot of fractals so my memory is foggy). One of them was annoying me, so I decided to give it a thump with GS 2.
…except I had sword equipped. And there isn’t a lot of room for error up there.

Just a random PuGgle.
Stormbluff Isle ( http://www.stormbluffisle.com )

#RangerProblems

in Ranger

Posted by: ragnarokda.1805

ragnarokda.1805

#RangerProblems

in Ranger

Puck.9612

I loved the first few seasons/series, I didn’t even finish the last one.

#RangerProblems

in Ranger

Posted by: Hepatolith.6389

Hepatolith.6389

When you use PoS, simply forget it could hit anyone on it’s way back swap weapon and use Hunter’s Shot
#RangerProblems

Cayline Oakheart, Ranger – Drakkar Lake
Covenant of Bloodthirst [IvsI],
Favorable Winds [Wind]

#RangerProblems

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

When you use PoS, simply forget it could hit anyone on it’s way back swap weapon and use Hunter’s Shot
#RangerProblems

When you use PoS and it doesn’t return at all…

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

#RangerProblems

in Ranger

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

#RangerProblems

When you use PoS and it doesn’t return at all…

Making that abbreviation even more accurate.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

#RangerProblems

in Ranger

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

having a forum full of people complaining about people complaining so much that people can’t take a joke.

having enemies call you op, but your team calls you a liability

pets… just… please.. no.. yes, over there… no, not that! gosh darnit!

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)