Rangers Guild. Join today!

in Ranger

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Yeah, you may say this belongs to the Guild section, and if a mod thinks it should be moved, please do so at your own discretion. However, the reason i post it here is because i am starting up a guild, named Rangers Guild fs (fs is for Far Shiverpeaks, the server it started on).

Rangers Guild FS

The Rangers Guild is a niche guild aimed towards rangers in particular. We play as rangers, we kill as rangers, we are rangers. Do not be fooled, we do accept other professions to join, however our main focus lies with the Ranger class. We encourage all our members to at least have a ranger character.

Our mission is to improve the ranger class however we can, that means we work hard to perfect builds, tactics and play-styles to avoid being stomped by the rest. It is no secret that Rangers in general got the short straw in WvW. Especially in 1vX situations.

Our rules are simple, and few.

RULES:
1 – You MUST have a ranger, and it should be your main/you should use it a lot.
2 – No knee-jerks. Be nice, or be kicked.
3 – Be helpful whenever you can.
4 – You troll, you loose.
5 – Mastering the pure basics of English is a must. We are international, so we cannot and will not accept those who refuse to communicate in a “common” language.

Current “Guild Specs”:
Far Shiverpeaks:
Economy 4
Art of War 6
Politics 4
Architecture 4

Guild Bounty Missions Researched!

Desolation:
Art of War 6
Politics 4
Architecture 4
Economy 4

Guild Bounty Missions Researched: Tier 1 bounties ready for launch
Guild Armor Researched
Guild Weapons soon to come

Current amount of members: 33
Current amount of active members: 15

How to apply?
PM me here, on the official forums https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/newpm recipent: Prysin.8542 or ingame on my ranger, Everlyn Lynx.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

(edited by Prysin.8542)

in Ranger

Posted by: AlexRD.7914

AlexRD.7914

This guild should be called: The Power Rangers

in Ranger

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

Must be starting a trend here, I have a (Ranger) guild with only one member.

Good luck with that !

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

in Ranger

Posted by: Mako.1942

Mako.1942

How full is your server?

Going off on a tangent since 1984

Jimmy slim: Asura Ranger lvl 80

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

How full is your server?

when i signed up two and a half months ago it was medium…. so not overly busy. Only LA and EB are frequently in overflow.

in Ranger

Posted by: Mako.1942

Mako.1942

I’m looking for something like this but in not paying more than 500 gens to transfer, bit of z rip off

Going off on a tangent since 1984

Jimmy slim: Asura Ranger lvl 80

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

you dont HAVE to transfer, although once we get sufficient numbers and start doing events, and later on guild missions, you will find it quite advantageous to be on the same server as the rest of us

in Ranger

Posted by: Oolune.4357

Oolune.4357

This guild should be called: The Power Rangers

YES PLEASE.

Tarnished Coast
Oolune :: Engineer — Arrow Of Oolune :: Human Ranger -- Shadow Of Oolune :: Human Thief
Box The Turtle :: Human Warrior — Bolobuns Of Steel :: Human Guardian

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

I’m in. I am on Anvil Rock. That means I pvp and know my kitten.

in Ranger

Posted by: haxi.9038

haxi.9038

Yeah, you may say this belongs to the Guild section, and if a mod thinks it should be moved, please do so at your own discretion. However, the reason i post it here is because i am starting up a guild, named Rangers Guild fs (fs is for Far Shiverpeaks, my server).

This guild is for rangers, by rangers, of rangers. No other professions allowed (thus i posted it here in ranger section). Want to join? sure, whisper/mail me in-game, my charname is Everlyn Lynx, or use my account name Prysin.8542, or PM me on forums.

The reason i created the guild, was to get a little bit more outta my WvW skirmishes… as i love to play defensive, and most of the guilds iv’e been in/with dont bother using the +5 supply bonus at all. So i created my own guild. Somewhere down the road, i realized that it would be kinda lulzy to make a Rangers only guild, if only to prove other professions dead wrong in their assessment of our uselessness, and this is where we are today.

The rules are darn simple, as explained by this simply Q&A.

Q: Can i use other chars, with different professions aswell, aslong as my main is a ranger?

A: rangers only, nothing else. You got a mesmer/thief/warrior/guardian/engineer/necro or ele aswell? too bad for you, only rangers are allowed to represent the guild.
If i catch you representing the guild on something else then a Ranger, you will get ONE warning sent by mail. Were you have 48 hours to “un-represent” the non-ranger class. If you dont reply, comply or tell me to shove it, you will thrown into a pit together with my angry little boar, bacon, who will tear you to bits.

Q: What does Rangers Guild do?
A: Whatever you want to do. Enjoy the darn game. Do dungeons without people telling you to GTFO because you play a ranger. Play WvW with tons of buffs. Explore tyria along with someone else then your pet.

Q: Why only rangers?
A: To be frank, because even in mixed guilds, your class is still discriminated against, because it can speed-run a dungeon just 2 minutes slower then the zerker warrior with full ascended….
Also, imagine a guild event in WvW…. where you have to make it through 820938409283094 volleys of arrows, just have your leg bitten by fido… oh the lulz.

Q: Don’t you realize that rangers sucks? Do you think this will make any difference?
A: Rangers are good, and probably one of the most versatile classes there is, short of the warrior. We may not be DPS monsters, or iron-clad tankers, but we can do it almost as good, yet we still managed to bring our enemies down.

Q: How many members do you currently have?
A: Only myself, as i am starting it up. I have been spending the last 1 1/2 week preparing for the startup, by getting as much upgrades and stuff as possible. I must say i am pretty impressed by myself, given that i have gotten the Guild Bank up, Art of War to level 3, including almost all WvW buffs there is, emblem, guild armorer, workshop… probably “wasted” 80 gold by now, not that i care. Gold can be replenished at any time.

Q: Do you have teamspeak/mumble/ventrilo/skype set up?
A: not at this moment, i am looking into a teamspeak solution, either through borrowing/renting space on an existing guild server, or by hosting my own server. Time will show.

Q: Any special requirements?
A: beside being a ranger, not many.. Aslong as you can communicate and understand simple english, aren’t a kneejerk and has a sense of humor, you are more than welcome.

Q: Do i have to move to your server to join?
A: Not through game mechanics, no you don’t. You can join, even from a different server, however guild events, and later on missions, will be unavailable to you.

Now, sign up today, and get a free cookie (you better hurry, cuz i <3 cookies, nom)

Is this a joke or are you being serious?

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

Yeah, you may say this belongs to the Guild section, and if a mod thinks it should be moved, please do so at your own discretion. However, the reason i post it here is because i am starting up a guild, named Rangers Guild fs (fs is for Far Shiverpeaks, my server).

This guild is for rangers, by rangers, of rangers. No other professions allowed (thus i posted it here in ranger section). Want to join? sure, whisper/mail me in-game, my charname is Everlyn Lynx, or use my account name Prysin.8542, or PM me on forums.

The reason i created the guild, was to get a little bit more outta my WvW skirmishes… as i love to play defensive, and most of the guilds iv’e been in/with dont bother using the +5 supply bonus at all. So i created my own guild. Somewhere down the road, i realized that it would be kinda lulzy to make a Rangers only guild, if only to prove other professions dead wrong in their assessment of our uselessness, and this is where we are today.

The rules are darn simple, as explained by this simply Q&A.

Q: Can i use other chars, with different professions aswell, aslong as my main is a ranger?

A: rangers only, nothing else. You got a mesmer/thief/warrior/guardian/engineer/necro or ele aswell? too bad for you, only rangers are allowed to represent the guild.
If i catch you representing the guild on something else then a Ranger, you will get ONE warning sent by mail. Were you have 48 hours to “un-represent” the non-ranger class. If you dont reply, comply or tell me to shove it, you will thrown into a pit together with my angry little boar, bacon, who will tear you to bits.

Q: What does Rangers Guild do?
A: Whatever you want to do. Enjoy the darn game. Do dungeons without people telling you to GTFO because you play a ranger. Play WvW with tons of buffs. Explore tyria along with someone else then your pet.

Q: Why only rangers?
A: To be frank, because even in mixed guilds, your class is still discriminated against, because it can speed-run a dungeon just 2 minutes slower then the zerker warrior with full ascended….
Also, imagine a guild event in WvW…. where you have to make it through 820938409283094 volleys of arrows, just have your leg bitten by fido… oh the lulz.

Q: Don’t you realize that rangers sucks? Do you think this will make any difference?
A: Rangers are good, and probably one of the most versatile classes there is, short of the warrior. We may not be DPS monsters, or iron-clad tankers, but we can do it almost as good, yet we still managed to bring our enemies down.

Q: How many members do you currently have?
A: Only myself, as i am starting it up. I have been spending the last 1 1/2 week preparing for the startup, by getting as much upgrades and stuff as possible. I must say i am pretty impressed by myself, given that i have gotten the Guild Bank up, Art of War to level 3, including almost all WvW buffs there is, emblem, guild armorer, workshop… probably “wasted” 80 gold by now, not that i care. Gold can be replenished at any time.

Q: Do you have teamspeak/mumble/ventrilo/skype set up?
A: not at this moment, i am looking into a teamspeak solution, either through borrowing/renting space on an existing guild server, or by hosting my own server. Time will show.

Q: Any special requirements?
A: beside being a ranger, not many.. Aslong as you can communicate and understand simple english, aren’t a kneejerk and has a sense of humor, you are more than welcome.

Q: Do i have to move to your server to join?
A: Not through game mechanics, no you don’t. You can join, even from a different server, however guild events, and later on missions, will be unavailable to you.

Now, sign up today, and get a free cookie (you better hurry, cuz i <3 cookies, nom)

Is this a joke or are you being serious?

that is for you to decide.

in Ranger

Posted by: DancinPuppeh.8421

DancinPuppeh.8421

Nice idea, I have a friend who made The Thieves Guild with just Thieves

I would join but I play guildless. A lone wolf if you would

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

Why not join in, perhaps a niche guild like mine can prove to be more fun then a normal one?

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

we are still recruiting. just saying

in Ranger

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

i am starting up a guild, named Rangers Guild fs (fs is for Far Shiverpeaks, my server).

I think these are the parts that turn people off, just saying.

in Ranger

Posted by: Koru.8574

Koru.8574

i can see it now, ranger zerg running with piercing arrow trait….just face rolling over everyone in wvw. ADD ME!!!….btw im only lvl 24 lol

in Ranger

Posted by: achensherd.2735

achensherd.2735

i can see it now, ranger zerg running with piercing arrow trait….just face rolling over everyone in wvw.

Piercing Arrows + Sigil of Fire + Ranger zerg = Michael Bay movie.

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

i can see it now, ranger zerg running with piercing arrow trait….just face rolling over everyone in wvw. ADD ME!!!….btw im only lvl 24 lol

invite sent :P

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

i can see it now, ranger zerg running with piercing arrow trait….just face rolling over everyone in wvw.

Piercing Arrows + Sigil of Fire + Ranger zerg = Michael Bay movie.

so true… i got a SB with Sigil of Fire, Piercing arrows and a LB with Sigil of Perception (+10 prec/kill)… food + full Sigil = 82% Crit chance…

QZ + SB + Sigil of Fire = flamethrower

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

i am starting up a guild, named Rangers Guild fs (fs is for Far Shiverpeaks, my server).

I think these are the parts that turn people off, just saying.

yes, i am going to rewrite the post a little. However the guild core idea, is to promote ranger play, so rangers is and will always be the highest priority.

in Ranger

Posted by: Momo.6972

Momo.6972

I WANT ONE FOR BLACK GATE!!!PLEASE MESSAGE ME IF YOU DECIDE O MAKE ONE FOR BLACKGATE

in Ranger

Posted by: Tuluum.9638

Tuluum.9638

While I have zero interest in paying to transfer, I thought this is a neat idea.

I am posting though to propose an idea. Right now, we have a few servers that are offering free transfers. What about starting the guild on one of those so we can all get there without having to pay for it?

Obviously, this would result in losing the progress made up to this point, but I think it might encourage more people to join who have no desire to pay the transfer fee for various reasons. I would join at that point.

Currently those two servers are Eredon Terrace and Fergusons Crossing. I would personally vote for FC, but it doesnt really matter to me.

Also, I really enjoy the name White Paper Hill Heroes. Most wont get the reference, but go to the White Paper Hill waypoint in Timberline Falls and stick around for a while (sometimes it can take up to 20 minutes, if there is a time of peace). There are rangers that battle it out with the forces of the mighty deer and owl griffons. Its a constant battle.. many rangers and hunters lives have been lost in the milieu. The hunters of the area simply wish to feed their families, and the feud between the bloodthirsty owl griffons and deer limit it. If you get involved, they will tend to ALL turn on you (whether you attack or not!). The owl griffons, in an attempt to starve the hunters of the region, even go so far as to kill harmless rabbits and rats.

Its a rough place there, and they need heroes.

:D

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

(edited by Tuluum.9638)

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

Well, i for one like my server a lot. It is in a good tier in WvW. Where i have easy and plentiful of enemies (barrage/piercing arrows = lootbag AOE).

But what i like the most of my server, is that i have yet to find ONE person that goes “ranger, GTFO of my dungeon team”. To me, such a server is invaluable.

We need more rangers here at far shiverpeaks (eu), it would be great if people could come over. But if not, i do have members from 4 other servers. (Underworld, Anvil Rock, Tarnished Coast and Crystal Desert) So if you play on those servers, you may join.

The players on those servers will soon be given Officer rank. Once i got enough upgrades and influence saved up.

As to new and potential members; we no longer require you to ONLY play your ranger, however we require you to HAVE a ranger. It must not be level 80 full exo and stuff. Any level and build is fine, however the guild is geared towards helping rangers in particular.

If you want to join with your (insert profession here) to get a feel or how to set up a ranger, or get some first hand experience on how it is to be a ranger, please do so. Our members would be more then happy to tell you.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zox.5964

Zox.5964

Good luck running dungeons, that will be tricky.

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

Good luck running dungeons, that will be tricky.

i know, i tried TA with 4 rangers and 1 ele…. didnt pan out too well…
We did complete it, however it took nearly 1 hour to do up/up.

that is one of the reasons i allow people to use other professions too. The guild is meant for rangers, as a community thing.

a place were we rangers can share, test, discuss and develop new builds, tactics and playstyles. In addition to having fun and roll around and own people far outside their reach :P

in Ranger

Posted by: KinkyWarrior.1879

KinkyWarrior.1879

Last week in our matchup I saw some of your members running around as ele’s and necros. Jus’ sayin’

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

yes, one of those would be my childhood friend… he got me into guildwars so without him, there would be no rangers guild.
The other has a level 2 ranger that he is…. reluctant to use….
Like i said, we strongly encourage our members to use their rangers, however i cannot force people to play a game in a fashion they do not like.

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

Just giving this a friendly nudge.

in Ranger

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

I just got my Ranger to 80 – inv pls. :p

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

to all of you, send me a mail ingame. Ive been having some lag issues in WvW so i keep DC’ing lately

or simply write your name here

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

an invite has been sent to Knives and Kager. Welcome to the guild.

in Ranger

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Must be starting a trend here, I have a (Ranger) guild with only one member.

Good luck with that !

…especially after saying: "We do not “waste” our time with other classes. "
A themed guild is one thing… A SPITE guild is another entirely.

If this had just been a Dungeon guild for Rangers, I would have considered joining it and running some events. But this is just asking for failure & jilted TL;DR’ing. You don’t start a guild this way, you start it from grass roots IN SIDE THE THE GAME with good people that other people naturally gravitate towards…

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

thank you for your insightful feedback.

in Ranger

Posted by: wardog.3598

wardog.3598

Aren’t you restricting yourself from a lot of beneficial play styles by refusing other professions as mains. What benefit is there to a single profession guild?

Magi James
USC Gamecock

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

Aren’t you restricting yourself from a lot of beneficial play styles by refusing other professions as mains. What benefit is there to a single profession guild?

what benefit is there to deny certain professions from ever playing in dungeon groups that has a slight chance of succeeding within a millenia?

in Ranger

Posted by: Little Old Lady.3742

Little Old Lady.3742

Great idea I want to start / join A ranger only guild on sea of sorrows. Playerrs against this idea don’t want to play as rangers or want to get rewards over playing for fun. Id rather wipe with an all ranger zerg. Than run with the “most optimal” team.

Little Old Lady, Sea of Sorrows, Robot Adventurers [RA], Tokyo Japan.

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

We are still recruiting… i also want to welcome Chopps and Hoodlum

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

updated the first post

big welcome to jubskie

in Ranger

Posted by: Asmodal.6489

Asmodal.6489

this sounds very interesting.

in Ranger

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

Ranger zerg sounds fun. Imagine a pain train getting 5-10 entangled in their faces followed by traps. Not gonna change wvw, but would be a great laugh for sure.

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF

in Ranger

Posted by: jubskie.3152

jubskie.3152

Hey guys,

I don’t rep much (or at all :P), but just send me a PM if you want to talk to me. I usually respond immediately unless I’m in combat or afk XD

Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG] Desolation
Doing It With Style
www.exg-guild.com

in Ranger

Posted by: insaneseagull.7063

insaneseagull.7063

I’d love to join a rangers “only” guild! Send me an inv as soon as you are able!

Attachments:

Server: Far Shiverpeaks
IGN: Sparkly Darkness/Sinh Verdandi/Got D Boons
Guild: Anime And Manga Club [AMC]

in Ranger

Posted by: TheFirefly.7382

TheFirefly.7382

I’m fairly new, and I’d love to join your guild. I just wanna know how to go about doing dungeons together, given that I’m on Sanctum of Rall.

in Ranger

jubskie.3152

I’m fairly new, and I’d love to join your guild. I just wanna know how to go about doing dungeons together, given that I’m on Sanctum of Rall.

Cross-server dungeoning is doable, as long as you’re in the same region. If you want to go with Chopps, you’d have to be in NA, and if you want to go with me, you’d have to be in EU.

Doing It With Style
www.exg-guild.com

in Ranger

TheFirefly.7382

Cross-server dungeoning is doable, as long as you’re in the same region. If you want to go with Chopps, you’d have to be in NA, and if you want to go with me, you’d have to be in EU.

That’s good to know, thanks. Sanctum of Rall is an NA server, so Chopps it is then.

in Ranger

jubskie.3152

Drop him a message in his dungeon invitation thread

Doing It With Style
www.exg-guild.com

in Ranger

TheFirefly.7382

Thanks jubskie. Prysin, send me an invite! Hope you could all help out on a query I posted about Shortbow builds in this forum. Thanks again!

in Ranger

Posted by: Genavelle.9516

Genavelle.9516

So I normally don’t use the forums much (too much QQing and pointing out issues that I never noticed) but since I’m here…I saw this thread and thought it would be a really cool idea to join a ranger guild. Thing is, is this a EU server guild? I’m on Borlis Pass which is US and if I joined I’d like to be able to do dungeons, or maybe sometimes guest servers to do missions or whatnot. I’m also currently in a guild which I enjoy and was wondering if I could join this guild, but not represent all the time?

I am a WvW player.
Maguuma Server
Ranger and Necromancer.

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

sorry for late replies. some of us are from EU, some US (chopps) and some even as far as Asia… we litterally got people from every corner of the globe. So i am sure you will find someone to hang out with.

invites sent.

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

Just gotta announce, that last night, we did our first Guild Bounty Mission. Sadly, our NA members were unable to join us due to some shortcomings of the guesting system, however, we will work on getting NA a the ability to have fun too. Without having to spend a ton of gems