WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

Rangers Should Go Into Thief Forum

in Ranger

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

that will be a nerf. we always get nerfs

That’s how people recognized the leaked patch notes had to be real. True story!

in Ranger

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

and start making those Predator sounds…

or maybe the Jaws theme

I’d wait with laughing at thieves. You never know…

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF

in Ranger

Posted by: Seisyll.5914

Seisyll.5914

Don’t worry, it won’t work. Remember pet is broken?

80 Ranger | 80 Thief | 80 Ele | 80 Guardian | 80 Warrior | 80 Engineer | 80 Necromancer
Piken Square

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

What if…

“Thief steal skill now steals the ranger pet and reduces damage coefficients on the theif in proportion to ranger coefficients”

Ahahaha

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Ranger

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

What if…

“Thief steal skill now steals the ranger pet and reduces damage coefficients on the theif in proportion to ranger coefficients”

Ahahaha

lol

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF

in Ranger

Posted by: zero.5316

zero.5316

What if…

Ahahaha

Shhh Don’t give anet ideas

in Ranger

Posted by: NargofWoV.4267

NargofWoV.4267

Why? Who here is going to place “Sic em” on your bar, and what are you going to give up to do so?

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

It doesn’t cost anything to test. Hopefully everyone tests it. What slot skill to use? I didn’t know slot skills were so specific they were set in stone for any given build, but, assuming I was that rigid, I’d say it depends on what armor I’m running. Let’s assume I have beastmaster regen apothecary going just for fun. Then I’d try sick em, muddy terrain, and signet of the wild along with sword/dagger and axe/torch.

in Ranger

Posted by: NargofWoV.4267

NargofWoV.4267

So, you’re thinking you won’t have “Sic em” on your trait bar like Heal, all the time? Only after you encounter an area with thieves or a theif, then after he kills you or a guild mate, you get out of combat and put it up?

My point being, will “Sic em” be worth a full time slot to deal with 1 class you may or may not run into while you’re running to Hills?

Will a Trap build drop a trap for “Sic Em” ? Would a Spirit build drop a spirit for “Sic Em” ?

I just feel like it will have a very minimal use.

edit: Obviously, this is all theory craft, no telling what will happen once we get to test it live.

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

in Ranger

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

OP

No need to mock the thieves in their forums.

For they didn’t do it to us.

As the saying goes, “treat other as if you would want to be treated in return”

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

in Ranger

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Rangers are the weakest class right now. I don’t think this one skill is really an improvement though. It’s a throwaway skill that most will not even run.

in Ranger

Posted by: cyborG.3026

cyborG.3026

^ Actually ele’s are practically the weakest class right now.

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

Ele just has high skill ceiling. Play a bad / mediocre ele? Haha GG. Play a good ele and he’ll 2v1 you and your friend. Not kidding.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sollith.3502

Sollith.3502

OP

While they may not mock us in our actual forum; I hear other classes mocking rangers all too often while in game… I mean in wvw today I even saw in the team chat a player stating rangers are like thin wet paper and I see players tell each other to target the rangers first for an easy kill all the time too.

While I find myself doing rather decently in WvW (I don’t play sPvP for many reasons), I still find these statements rather unsettling at times.

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

Fighting rangers, for me, in the wild is like fighting elementalists. I usually win decisively. But every once in a while I fight an ele that’s just like “omg how did she do that? Amazing” after winning in a 2v1.

Maybe your friends in map chat never see those moments (or block them out of their minds).

in Ranger

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

OP

While they may not mock us in our actual forum; I hear other classes mocking rangers all too often while in game… I mean in wvw today I even saw in the team chat a player stating rangers are like thin wet paper and I see players tell each other to target the rangers first for an easy kill all the time too.

While I find myself doing rather decently in WvW (I don’t play sPvP for many reasons), I still find these statements rather unsettling at times.

Everyone loves to hate the Ranger, even Ranger players themselves. There always has to be a scapegoat class in an MMO. Even when it’s not justified, players will just make up something. It’s like I’ve said before; no matter what ArenaNet does to the Ranger at this point, people will continue to think that it’s a bad profession.

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

(edited by Kasama.8941)

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

it will work best with apothecary or cleric builds . They only use 3 signets so swapping out signet of the hunt for sick em pre combat will be solid i think .

in Ranger

Posted by: Joey.3928

Joey.3928

I already use sic em for my owl. Good dmg with 30 beastmastery so I’m excited for this change. I may be the only one.

Estel Wolfheart
Norn Ranger
Hardcorepwnograhpy [HARD] | Isle of Janthir

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryan.8367

Ryan.8367

Eles are in a weak spot, I can agree with that but that’s ONLY because of condition meta not because of any weakness to the class itself. Once it’s toned down, they’ll actually be very powerful again and you’ll see them at all the duel clubs being unstoppable like they were many months ago.

Tanbin 80 Ranger
Maguuma

in Ranger

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Ele just has high skill ceiling. Play a bad / mediocre ele? Haha GG. Play a good ele and he’ll 2v1 you and your friend. Not kidding.

For once, I actually agree with you

in Ranger

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

Fighting rangers, for me, in the wild is like fighting elementalists. I usually win decisively. But every once in a while I fight an ele that’s just like “omg how did she do that? Amazing” after winning in a 2v1.

Maybe your friends in map chat never see those moments (or block them out of their minds).

I’ve run into a few rangers like that as well as a few elementalists. Hell, I ran into an IoJ melee condition ranger yesterday that in the many prolonged attritions I had with this person I would have lost to just because of their consistent pressure / durability.