Rangers in post-change pvp?

in Ranger

Posted by: alaskasnowgirl.6047

alaskasnowgirl.6047

Hey all,

I (used to) LOVE PVP on my ranger. My duel axes and trait selection worked well for even 1 vs 3 situations. Since the changes to skills, however, my ranger is doing abysmally. I haven’t noticed as many other rangers either, and the only decent weapon choice seems to be shortbow.

Have any of you done well in PVP post-patch? If so are there any builds you would recommend. I’ve switched over to Mesmer and Ele while I wait for Anet to do something about hopefully making Rangers a bit more competitive in PVP and WVW.

in Ranger

Posted by: Rizo.9534

Rizo.9534

There are nothing more competitive in PVP and WVW than Mesmers, Eles, Mesmer, guardians and Mesmers atm.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

Yup, I’ve been doing fine.

All of my builds I had success with are posted in this forum already. You’ll find them by

[PvP build]
- I guess I posted 3 of them by now.
Unstoppable Duelist
Marauder
Zoo bunker

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

Posted by: jewishjoyride.4693

jewishjoyride.4693

Like ranger? Like pvp? You should have a ton of fun.

Too early to tell where the meta will end up. Ranger got a bunch of new toys, and while some are still unusable the ones that are mostly make ranger a stronger more formidable version of it’s old self.

in Ranger

Posted by: EthanLightheart.9168

EthanLightheart.9168

Playing condi-ranger feels like joining the fight weaponless.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

Playing condi-ranger feels like joining the fight weaponless.

Holding a point is the goal of PvP, after all. You can bunker a point with Ranger – and for this we have plenty of stuff up our sleeve.

“Observe, learn and counter.”