Rangers in the Aether Dungeon....

in Ranger

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

If Robert Hrouda is still on dungeon design team, then he must be trolling us. It’s impossible to keep the pet alive for the rotating laser room. It’s doable for the first 2 phases, but when both the laser wall and beam come out in numbers, there’s not enough time to do anything cuz the pet can’t jump and the pet swap cool down is far too long. It wouldn’t even let me pet swap the pet to the top of the crates. Come on, really? Keeping the pet on passive does nothing either in this case. SoS’s cooldown is not feasible either. For a game that prides itself on the dodging mechanics, this is terrible design when you force people to take hits like this.

in Ranger

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

If climbing still worked with Guard, that might have been a solution? I haven’t done it yet but, going to try tomorrow.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Ranger

Aridia.3042

If climbing still worked with Guard, that might have been a solution? I haven’t done it yet but, going to try tomorrow.

Guard will not work. In the later phases of the boss, you’re required to run around the room in behind the laser wall and when the low lvl lasers come up from behind you, you’re suppose to jump ontop of the crates to dodge that before you start running again.

Guard will only let the pet dodge the low lvl lasers and have it clobber by the laser wall.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

I never did it, but I hear they caused trouble with the mines in one of the southsun instances. Seems like the devs really either just don’t know or don’t care about us these days…

in Ranger

Posted by: Daemon.4295

Daemon.4295

Who cares if your pets die there? Ranger is one of the best classes for that encounter thanks to traps, with or without the pet.

Ayana Wenona (Ranger) | Doctor Skorn (Necro) | Electra Lux (Elementalist)
Scarlett Daguer (Thief) | Gritt Bloodstone (Warrior) | Sirius Zand (Guardian)
- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

in Ranger

Aridia.3042

Who cares if your pets die there? Ranger is one of the best classes for that encounter thanks to traps, with or without the pet.

Because it’s kitten poor design given how the ranger is suppose to function in this game?