Rangers really need much more love!

in Ranger

Posted by: Allan Assensor.5908

Allan Assensor.5908

Hi,
compared to the other strong classes the rangers suck very much!
Just the thieves sucks more

Its not fun to play the 2 classes..
They really need a buff.. My opinion

Daredevil and Druid make it not better.

cheers

in Ranger

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

If you really wanna make a thread would you mind sharing:

What makes them not good.
What could make them better.

Just complaining is a waste of a thread.

in Ranger

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

Well, how about the things rangers have been asking for these last 3 years?

A one handed melee weapon that doesn’t remove our ability to dodge – still missing.

An option to perma-stow the pet and get some kind of buff – still missing.

A useful role in group content that isn’t done far better by other classes – still missing.

Group support, beyond using healing spring and blasting it – well, now we have Druid, so you can stop attempting to deal damage, and be a dedicated healer, in a game that doesn’t require it.

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

A useful role in group content that isn’t done far better by other classes – still missing.

Can you shed some light on what that would be?

in Ranger

Posted by: Mavander.3208

Mavander.3208

Umm ranger doesn’t provide useful boons outside of swiftness but swiftness is everywhere already.

Ranger doesn’t have walls. Druid wall is not a reflect.

Ranger has decent damage but other classes with more support do more damage as well.

Ranger doesn’t provide stealth.

Our class mechanic dies and isn’t that great at pathfinding.

Cmon Heim. You know all this already.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Umm ranger doesn’t provide useful boons outside of swiftness but swiftness is everywhere already.

Ranger doesn’t have walls. Druid wall is not a reflect.

Ranger has decent damage but other classes with more support do more damage as well.

Ranger doesn’t provide stealth.

Our class mechanic dies and isn’t that great at pathfinding.

Cmon Heim. You know all this already.

Aww man, I’m gonna have to type it out again, maybe I should just store this in a .txt file somewhere so I can keep cut/pasting it to Rangers with no imagination.

Ranger provides all boons to a party, Protection, Regeneration, Swiftness, 11 Might and Fury. 60% uptime on vigor, 60% uptime on Stability. +10% damage. +150 precision. 30 burn stacks to the party every 8 seconds. Near 1000hps passively. Just not Retaliation.

Right, druid wall is not a reflect, but its projectile hate. There is already enough reflection in this game.

Ranger provides a smoke field and 2 blast finishers for stealth, Druid can near perma stealth a party on the move with Celestial Shadow and has two more blast finishers. So the Druid can stealth for 12/16s if AF is full and continually apply it while moving with a party, as well as Super Speed.

Yes, class mechanic is lacklustre but it doesnt die all that often if you are paying attention, except for in WvW.

You are right, I did know all that, and more.

I keep hearing people complain that Ranger has no “useful role in group content that isn’t done far better by other classes”, so I just want to know what people think that is going to be.

(edited by Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582)

in Ranger

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

Why do people want to just sweep pets under the rug rather than have them become more interesting and useful?

… I still want tengu.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

They can at least fix the pet A.I.

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Why do people want to just sweep pets under the rug rather than have them become more interesting and useful?

I’m sure people want to get rid of pets, I’m not one of them. I think the new pets they added are very useful and interesting, core needs some work though, eh?

They can at least fix the pet A.I.

That may be harder than it sounds and they have not indicated they will ever look at it. Although, there are measures that can be taken without having to improve their terrible pathing issues, which would take a lot longer than increasing their base run speed significantly.