Rangers skipped over again....

in Ranger

Posted by: No Walking.6349

No Walking.6349

They talk about all the bugs necros have
they talk about engineers for like 10 minutes
they talk about eles and the nerfs they need
they talk about mesmers at length

They get to rangers…and spend 1 minute talking about how pets in fractals will benefit from your agony resistance…and how great sword needs a buff.

WHAT ABOUT SPIRITS
WHAT ABOUT LONG BOW
WHAT ABOUT OFFHAND AXE
WHAT ABOUT PET PATHING
WHAT ABOUT PET ABILITY DELAY
WHAT ABOUT PET REZ NOT WORKING ON ANYTHING BUT FLAT SURFACES
WHAT ABOUT THAT kitten SB NERF THAT WAS A “GRAPHIC FIX”

The state of the game today was nothing but proof that they don’t care about Rangers at all…

(edited by No Walking.6349)

in Ranger

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

What about Torch?

Torch is fine..

Offhand axe though..

but the lack of talk about Spirits though…

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in Ranger

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

I agree 100% with No Walking, except for the torch.
That live made me really sad, ranger is my favorite class but I don’t find reasons to play it, my alts all do better than him, I have 1 of each class but only my ranger and guardian are lvl 80, my warrior is lvl 65, my necro and mesmer lvl 30, and after playing it all I can start to feel the ranger weakness.
I know that rangers can do great at 1v1, but it isn’t really usefull in tPvP, useless for WvW, even more useless in Dungeons, all the rest the other classes can do much better.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

in Ranger

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Yup, and melee dps from rangers is still crap in PvE too. There’s a lot of talk from ANet about how melee should do more dps since it’s more dangerous, but short bow damage is still better than any melee damage we do, even though it’s far behind what something like a warrior, guardian, or thief will do.

Hell, even mesmers do more melee dps than rangers.

in Ranger

Posted by: Lert.6287

Lert.6287

Link anybody? 15chars

Engineer / Piken Square
Former Team Psy [Psy] member/ [BNF] guest
YT Channel

in Ranger

Posted by: jubskie.3152

jubskie.3152

To be fair, the other classes didn’t get Robert Hrouda to post in their respective forums. One problem at a time guys.

I’d gladly welcome pet changes over any of the other stuff you listed since they’re active all the time.

Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG] Desolation
Doing It With Style
www.exg-guild.com

in Ranger

Posted by: Funky.9762

Funky.9762

They got other ppl to post, doesn’t make much difference. People are tired of being promised changes and big patches and then getting another useless event + icon changes.

in Ranger

Posted by: Bailey.6892

Bailey.6892

To be fair, the other classes didn’t get Robert Hrouda to post in their respective forums. One problem at a time guys.

I’d gladly welcome pet changes over any of the other stuff you listed since they’re active all the time.

And it did us how much good to have him here? WVW were still screwed in, only thing that really matters imo.

Poor AI mob fights don’t do it for me and the mob fights in this game are nothing but poor ai. Dragon encounters for example.

in Ranger

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

LB and GS are getting buffed.

they did say utilities in general are getting buffed.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

(edited by nerva.7940)

in Ranger

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

What are you guys talking about? I feel left out…

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Ranger

Posted by: Dragin.4520

Dragin.4520

well getting the Ar is nice but my pet dying from 3 hits wouldn’t help in an aoe fight in wvw.

Dragonbrand
Dragin Wind ranger of Duel

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

They talk about all the bugs necros have
they talk about engineers for like 10 minutes
they talk about eles and the nerfs they need
they talk about mesmers at length

They get to rangers…and spend 1 minute talking about how pets in fractals will benefit from your agony resistance…and how great sword needs a buff.

WHAT ABOUT SPIRITS
WHAT ABOUT LONG BOW
WHAT ABOUT OFFHAND AXE
WHAT ABOUT PET PATHING

The state of the game today was nothing but proof that they don’t care about Rangers at all…

They buffed offhand axe before and I think, at least, it’s awesome in PvE since I had already been using it in nearly every dungeon. I do agree that GS needs a boost in DPS and I’m really happy to hear that.

Keep in mind that just because they ran out of time in this talk doesn’t mean they aren’t working on it. Ranger pet mechanics is a complicated, difficult issue and it’s just fine that it isn’t always discussed.

Everyone: relax!

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Ranger

Posted by: ChillyChinaman.6057

ChillyChinaman.6057

It’s a sad day when Rangers are glad they have people talking/listening to them rather than actual changes.

What am I talking about? It’s business as usual. I’m glad I rerolled a engineer and have a kitted-out thief in storage.

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

What about Torch?

Torch is fine..

Offhand axe though..

You tried it in PvE yet? I’m telling you, it’s awesome. In WvW it’s really situational though and requires smart play. I’ve killed exactly one rifle warrior with it, blocked projectiles with it, and I heard it’s an effective counter for big crit thives since it’s like a 12 s animation, it buys you time until the thief appears…or, as I’ve heard, if the player is dumb enough to hit you he/she will be defeated.

Can you elaborate on whether you think I’m flat out wrong? Sometimes I am, dude, I can admit that. I thought immobilize was CC the other day until you corrected me and said it was a condition. I’m not afraid to admit mistakes at all.

in Ranger

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

WHAT ABOUT SPIRITS
WHAT ABOUT LONG BOW
WHAT ABOUT OFFHAND AXE
WHAT ABOUT PET PATHING

They said Longbow needs work.
Karl said he feels rangers need better utilities to protect them.

I swear people don’t listen at flippin all.

The great forum duppy.

in Ranger

Xsorus.2507

What about Torch?

Torch is fine..

Offhand axe though..

You tried it in PvE yet? I’m telling you, it’s awesome. In WvW it’s really situational though and requires smart play. I’ve killed exactly one rifle warrior with it, blocked projectiles with it, and I heard it’s an effective counter for big crit thives since it’s like a 12 s animation, it buys you time until the thief appears…or, as I’ve heard, if the player is dumb enough to hit you he/she will be defeated.

Can you elaborate on whether you think I’m flat out wrong? Sometimes I am, dude, I can admit that. I thought immobilize was CC the other day until you corrected me and said it was a condition. I’m not afraid to admit mistakes at all.

To long of a timer to really use in PVE, you’re honestly better off with Greatsword.

As for PvP, its the standing in place part..if you could move with it, it’d instantly be better…

Right now though if you use it people just move out of it…

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

What about Torch?

Torch is fine..

Offhand axe though..

To long of a timer to really use in PVE, you’re honestly better off with Greatsword.

As for PvP, its the standing in place part..if you could move with it, it’d instantly be better…

Too long of CD? How so? With axe axe you doing ricochets that really hurt bosses / mobs and path of scars will hit more people for more damage than GS. I know this fr experience so I don’t feel I have to prove it…if anyone has the motivation to check the numbers in zerk gear let us know but I just feel like the reflects (caudecus manor for example) are too good to pass up and by the time I cycle through my skills the whirl is ready again, have the time happening in water field healing people (yes I use drake blast finisher too). It’s better than you think, try it again with 20/20/0/0/30 and honed axes.

Regarding the point about moving out of it, I think that’s part of the point. That’s a lot like thieves who constantly say “I CAN JUST RUN AROUND YOUR TRAPS” well, sure, but by then I’m gone to actually cap points.

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

After all, isn’t part of a thieves role to simply harass? Harassment is, by definition, making the opponent waste time. I don’t like to waste time when I could be capping.

in Ranger

Posted by: FluffyDoe.7539

FluffyDoe.7539

Overall skill mechanics in GW2 lacks smoothness and depth features; the recent removal of culling in the game simply made that even more obvious.

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

LB and GS are getting buffed.

they did say utilities in general are getting buffed.

When and where did you hear this?

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Can anyone provide a time frame of when they speak about ranger? The OP seems too biased to be accurate and I don’t wanna listen to the whole thing =(

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Manekk.6981

What about Torch?

Torch is fine..

Offhand axe though..

Pretty sure he means you should use it defensively to reflect rather than to do damage and stack vulnerability directly, it’s great when it works but I personally think you get more use out of any other weapon really, exept when farming karka of course.

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

They really should remove the damage and vuln from WD and just make it a full on block so people stop trying to use it for offense….

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

Can anyone provide a time frame of when they speak about ranger? The OP seems too biased to be accurate and I don’t wanna listen to the whole thing =(

I seem to remember it being in the 50 minute range. I can’t check right now, I’m in class. But they talked about the professions in forum order (so ranger would be 6th, if they are talking thieves or warriors its too far).

As for the OP, yes the lack of time spent discussing rangers was abysmally disappointing, but the content wasn’t. From what I heard they are aware of our lack of useful utilities, and from listening to overall discussion outside of the ranger section, it sounds like ANet is aware of needed trait reform.

I can’t be optimistic about the time frame that they expect to complete this in versus my enjoyment of the game, but it is nice to see that everything I feel is an issue with the class was addressed in some way. Also, I am never optimistic about discussion versus implementation.
Then again, those are just opinions and feelings I have, which are by no means fact.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Ranger

Lert.6287

It’s somewhere around 55 minute. But they talk about ranger more/less minute. Basicly they mentioned that they want to do something with LB (damage, maybe increase survivability with it) and with GS #2 – Maul – Increase direct damage with it as well condition damage (in other words, it should do overall tad more damage). They also dropped word about decreasing GS cooldown (if it’s true, pretty sure it will be #4 or/and #5, if not, maybe increase speed of #1 by 10%).

I’m disappointed that they just mentioned about those two weapons. Both rather heavy and slow. So I wouldn’t be surprised if they won’t do anything with any other weapon or anything else to increase our survivability, add boons or boost damage with other weapon/build sets.

Engineer / Piken Square
YT Channel

(edited by Lert.6287)

in Ranger

Manekk.6981

So there’s a video somewhere?

in Ranger

Lert.6287

Engineer / Piken Square
YT Channel

in Ranger

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Also if you like the video is on youtube too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCUvIrH2BlU

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

in Ranger

Posted by: Robert Hrouda.1327

Robert Hrouda.1327

Content Designer

Edit,

I posted a link to the video, and said it was about 55 minutes in. Other people posted right before I did though!

in Ranger

Posted by: jubskie.3152

jubskie.3152

It’s a sad day when Rangers are glad they have people talking/listening to them rather than actual changes.

What am I talking about? It’s business as usual. I’m glad I rerolled a engineer and have a kitted-out thief in storage.

So let me get this straight, for 4 months we get nothing and now we do and we’re not supposed to be happy? :/

Also in the vid: They say that Longbow has nothing to protect itself with and they’re buffing utilities so it can protect the ranger to a certain extent. And then there’s the buff going to maul in both damage and condition duration.

inb4 more QQ about “thats not what i want!”

Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG] Desolation
Doing It With Style
www.exg-guild.com

in Ranger

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

Also in the vid: They say that Longbow has nothing to protect itself with and they’re buffing utilities so it can protect the ranger to a certain extent. And then there’s the buff going to maul in both damage and condition duration.

Yeah, they’re just fixing GS to its glorious pre-nerf BWE state, while doing nothing to other weapon sets. For example, spirits, which were nerfed along side GS after BWEs, shortbow, “graphic glitch” and “not fun auto attacking” nerf, off hand axe that you rarely see anyone using because it’s just bad, pets that no one wants in the fractals, etc. etc.

Idk, seems like the QQ is justified.

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

People don’t use off hand axe because they seem to thing Whirling DEFENSE is an offensive skill…

And it seems that they want to be buffing our utilities, which could mean spirits getting some loving.

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

So let me get this straight, for 4 months we get nothing and now we do and we’re not supposed to be happy? :/

I’ve played this game since the start and have noticed more than a few changes and I don’t even read the patch notes. I don’t want to be mean, it just frustrates me when people mAke wild, emotionally charged claims on this forum. We did not get nothing in 4 months, my friend. And the devs have repeatedly acknowledged the difficultly in balancing ranger because it turns out to be very easy to make the profession OP. Instead, much like their culling system, they have to give the whole profession a look—not just pets or weapons. And then they need to test, test, test…and some of those tests will turn out to be failures but every idea is a springboard. I, for one, confident ANET will once again impress everyone. They are on a hot streak!

(edited by Chopps.5047)

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

What about Torch?

Torch is fine..

Offhand axe though..

Pretty sure he means you should use it defensively to reflect rather than to do damage and stack vulnerability directly, it’s great when it works but I personally think you get more use out of any other weapon really, exept when farming karka of course.

But I play sword/warhorn and use hornet sting to go into dual axes with Honed Axes trait. My attack rating is definitely higher with dual axes (Honed Axes is +10% critical damage) and just one bounce from the axe does almost as much damage as GS as far as I recall. I will return with numbers brotha. Let’s figure this out together

in Ranger

Xsorus.2507

What about Torch?

Torch is fine..

Offhand axe though..

Too long of CD? How so? With axe axe you doing ricochets that really hurt bosses / mobs and path of scars will hit more people for more damage than GS. I know this fr experience so I don’t feel I have to prove it…if anyone has the motivation to check the numbers in zerk gear let us know but I just feel like the reflects (caudecus manor for example) are too good to pass up and by the time I cycle through my skills the whirl is ready again, have the time happening in water field healing people (yes I use drake blast finisher too). It’s better than you think, try it again with 20/20/0/0/30 and honed axes.

Regarding the point about moving out of it, I think that’s part of the point. That’s a lot like thieves who constantly say “I CAN JUST RUN AROUND YOUR TRAPS” well, sure, but by then I’m gone to actually cap points.

Great Sword with Offensive Gear hits harder then Axe with Offensive Gear, Path of Stars while nice isn’t worth taking a shoddy offhand for. Ricochet While great against mobs Is dog in PvP cause people just ignore it, You can also basically absorb range with Great Sword Block as well (though not send it back at the enemy)

this of course is completely ignoring the Interrupt+Movement of Greatsword as well.

Maul vs Splitblade also, Splitblade is dog for damage other then condition, While Maul isn’t great for Condition Builds (Has really more to do with the weapons complete lack of conditions besides Maul) It can still be somewhat comparable. With Power/Precision its vastly superior.

(edited by Xsorus.2507)

in Ranger

Xsorus.2507

People don’t use off hand axe because they seem to thing Whirling DEFENSE is an offensive skill…

And it seems that they want to be buffing our utilities, which could mean spirits getting some loving.

I don’t use Whirling Defense because I can accomplish the same thing with Great Sword while being able to move.

Standing in Place is never a good thing as a Ranger.

Plus trying to land Path of Scars in PvP is pita..

in Ranger

Posted by: neverborne.4736

neverborne.4736

Sooo, we might get a buff to LB and GS and utilities, and a partial fix for pets in dungeons. I’m not jumping up and down excited, but that’s more than we’ve EVER gotten in one patch before. I’m cautiously optimistic, especially if the utility fixes are decent!

Thanks for the agony fix Rob! Hope we’ve got more to look forward to in the future.

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

I mean, I’m cautiously optimistic as well. But based on previous updates (in terms of how much is implemented versus how many more issues and polishing tweaks that need to be done across the board) it seems like the next-gen consoles are going to be released before this game is enjoyable.

With Gears of War Judgement dropping next week the only thing that might occur is me checking the March 26 update notes while I’m doing something on the computer to see if I’m going to actually enjoy investing my time into the game or if its going to be that game where I kitten around in it every once in awhile when I need some game variance.

I don’t blame ANet for that though. I realize there is only so much the programming team can do and that my expectations coming from guild wars 1 to 2 were high (and subsequently I was let down even more than if it were my first experience with a guild wars title). I don’t feel ANet will ever meet my personal expectations with PvP at this point, but at the same time I’m not going to let my opinion ruin other peoples gameplay experience or tell other people that they shouldn’t enjoy the game because I don’t.

Overall PvE is very well done and I have no qualms with it other than it simply isn’t an enticing gameplay experience to me because I enjoy competition. That pigeonholes me into PvP and WvW and with WvW being so gear dependent I have no desire to ever play it.

Maybe if the PvP gets as polished as it was in GW1, I will put in the time investment that I did in GW1. But until then, all I can do is reiterate what I’ve already said; that I am happy that the balance team at least is vocally aware of the things that I feel are the issues with the ranger class, and that I have the highest hopes something good is in the works, so that when all my other shiny new toys lose their luster, I still have something to potentially sink my time into enjoying.

If the patch doesn’t deliver though it will probably become like almost every MMO I’ve ever played; I will periodically check the website just as I do my facebook, see if anything catches my eye, then continue about my day upon finding nothing (if there is of course nothing).

Sorry to be so cynical, though the tone doesn’t change the truth value.
Summary: I am optimistic about the patch and the ranger class as a whole. Just not the time frame.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

Guys and gals, just look at the patch notes for WoW 5.2.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8226552/Patch_52_PTR_and_Patch_Notes_-_February_25-2_25_2013

Take a look at how much they are changing for every class there. How old is WoW now? This is not what I want happening in GW2. It’s very annoying when classes keep changing drastically. Be patient and understand that it’s an iterative process.

Is it frustrating? Yes.
Is it hopeless? Only if you give up easily.

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

in Ranger

Posted by: horaxx.9728

horaxx.9728

Lmao 1 min talk about rangers! we got a whole minute! amazing, just amazing.

Btw Karl, since you guys stated you actually read forums heres sth for ya:

’ Play as a ranger for 5 minutes and you will understand why most posts on this forum are about how sad the ranger class is, and how you have completly neglected this part of the forum (seriously? banners but not spirits?) – community is really tired (not to mention the ones who already left) of the literally nothing this class is getting from you guys. ’

Btw loved the part when the guy from t paradigm talked about stealthy thieves killing spawning players… and all he got was a laugh.
You wanted to build a game that was completly different? well you have failed, stealth is still OP and to make matters worse, you give power to thieves when in stealth LMAO. Just think for a quick sec, wvw/spvp turned into stealth vs stealth, was that really your intention or just sth you couldnt imagine it d happen?

“How do you kill that which has no life?”

(edited by horaxx.9728)

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8226552/Patch_52_PTR_and_Patch_Notes_-_February_25-2_25_2013

Take a look at how much they are changing for every class there. How old is WoW now? This is not what I want happening in GW2. It’s very annoying when classes keep changing drastically. Be patient and understand that it’s an iterative process.

Is it frustrating? Yes.

Actually that’s just a difference of opinion, because those notes look extremely fun to me and I’ve never played WoW in my life. So honestly I have no idea how they translate into affecting balance, but it looks to me like there is a fresh and ever changing metagame because of updates that keeps things from getting too stagnant or repetitive.
That to me seems extremely fun, and changes that drastic in GW2 would actually incite me to play the game more.
Guild Wars 1 actually had something to a similar effect on top of balance changes called the monthly “flux” http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Flux which had the potential to make the game fun by changing the metagame a bit every month.

This is just a difference of opinion though, I’m not saying you’re wrong in wanting less changes to be made.
I just personally feel like a game loses all replay value when it becomes a constant grind with predictable stat distributions (that’s a build versatility issue coupled with metagame stagnation), and in pvp a small map rotation. Then on top of that progression rewards in PvP are purely aesthetic and PvP rewards are currently separated from progress in other game modes, adding very little to the experience itself.

Regardless of what game genre I bring up, look at more successful games with larger and more sustained audiences. Call of Duty for example, why do so many people buy and play it? The feeling of meaningful and rewarding progression with multiple gametypes to choose from creates a high replay value. I would assume its similar in WoW.

There’s only so many times you can do the same thing over and over again without any aspect of it changing before either there is no more progression to be made, or the progression was never really intuitive or meaningful. Then boredom sets in and the audience starts to move on to the next best thing.

The people that continue to play are the people who never experience that feeling of boredom with that game. No issues, no complaints, its just a difference of perspective and is to be expected with any game.

(edited by jcbroe.4329)

in Ranger

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

Is it frustrating? Yes.

Actually that’s just a difference of opinion, because those notes look extremely fun to me and I’ve never played WoW in my life. So honestly I have no idea how they translate into affecting balance, but it looks to me like there is a fresh and ever changing metagame because of updates that keeps things from getting too stagnant or repetitive.
That to me seems extremely fun, and changes that drastic in GW2 would actually incite me to play the game more.
Guild Wars 1 actually had something to a similar effect on top of balance changes called the monthly “flux” http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Flux which had the potential to make the game fun by changing the metagame a bit every month.

This is just a difference of opinion though, I’m not saying you’re wrong in wanting less changes to be made.
I just personally feel like a game loses all replay value when it becomes a constant grind with predictable stat distributions (that’s a build versatility issue coupled with metagame stagnation), and in pvp a small map rotation. Then on top of that progression rewards in PvP are purely aesthetic and PvP rewards are currently separated from progress in other game modes, adding very little to the experience itself.

Regardless of what game genre I bring up, look at more successful games with larger and more sustained audiences. Call of Duty for example, why do so many people buy and play it? The feeling of meaningful and rewarding progression with multiple gametypes to choose from creates a high replay value. I would assume its similar in WoW.

There’s only so many times you can do the same thing over and over again without any aspect of it changing before either there is no more progression to be made, or the progression was never really intuitive or meaningful. Then boredom sets in and the audience starts to move on to the next best thing.

The people that continue to play are the people who never experience that feeling of boredom with that game. No issues, no complaints, its just a difference of perspective and is to be expected with any game.

I think the point that he was to make was that even tho WoW has been out for a long time, it still has balance issues. Indeed, if you head over to their forums, the QQing that goes on there with classes is far beyond what we see here.
and i can tell you that while gw1 flux was meant to give a fresh look on the pvp meta game, each balance update they did was not, while i haven’t been on there for a while, they still had problems with classes being over/under powered, and complaints about that was just as harsh as we see here. All he was saying was that things aren’t all gloom and doom and people need to chill out.

in Ranger

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

Just noted, they said “Longbows are very powerful”
OMG. Third the damage as a Warrior or Thief.

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

in Ranger

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

Ya when he said masters of long range I spit the soda out of my mouth laughing in disbelief and rewinded the footage….

Yet warrior long bow is way more powerful lol and was even recieving buffs….

in Ranger

Recycle.5493

Wow, I guess what devs are playing really is different than us. Either that or they use QZ and ZS on CD without considering leaving it for sticky situations and have really bad players to play against.

in Ranger

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

Wow, I guess what devs are playing really is different than us. Either that or they use QZ and ZS on CD without considering leaving it for sticky situations and have really bad players to play against.

I guess they’re using godmode or spawned ascended+Legendary items in a full set.
QZ does not give you plus damage in direct meaning. It speeds up your skill uses, so you can do slighly more damage in that example of 10 seconds.

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

in Ranger

Recycle.5493

QZ does not give you plus damage in direct meaning. It speeds up your skill uses, so you can do slighly more damage in that example of 10 seconds.

No QZ and ZS don’t give better damage stats wise, but as they speeds up skill casting and recharging speed, in term increase the overall dps. They are a must-have in a burst build and could be really useful for dungeoneering with speed rezzing or killing trash/boss in a limited time frame.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

QZ is by far the best utility the ranger has, it never leaves my side other then when i am using traps, like then protecting Meg in CoF

in Ranger

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

As someone who has a party-buff centered ranger (red moa/jungle stalker pets with warhorn and the battle roar charr ability with 30 points in the boon trait) I was disappointed not to hear anything about spirits. I want to like spirits but I feel like I can’t use them half the time because they die so easily (even with the double health buff). They become completely pointless to have in certain fights because of it (like alpha).

in Ranger

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

It’s pretty easy really- they take 55 minutes talking about everything else before mentioning rangers for less than a minute, tells you everything you need to know about it.

Be prepared to be disappointed again.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)