Rank 80, 100% Ranger usage :-)

in Ranger

Posted by: Pure Heart.1456

Pure Heart.1456

Hi everyone,

Rank 80, 100% Ranger usage
Just thought I’d put this out there (screen cap.)
You can do all sorts of math here, but basically:

Average match time @ 10 minutes (max 15 mins) x 1344 matches
= 336 hours
+ average wait time per match of 3 minutes * 1344 matches = 67 hours just waiting
= 336 hours match time + 67 hours wait time
= final total 403 hours to reach Rank 80 with a 48% win/loss ratio

95% matches were with pugs, and no rank farming.

Attachments:

(edited by Pure Heart.1456)

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Grats.

Any boosts, PvP weekends, etc?

And people say gw2 isn’t a grind

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Ranger

Posted by: Pure Heart.1456

Pure Heart.1456

Grats. Any boosts, PvP weekends, etc?

I used some boosters here and there, but I wouldn’t say I was ‘boosting hard’ by any stretch of the imagination—I’d often log on only intending to have a match or two, and so opted not to activate a boost then ended up playing for an hour or so and realise later I’d not boosted! doh! There were definitely a few PvP weekends in there somewhere—but I was never really paying attention.

I gotta say, looking back now, I didn’t feel it to be a ‘hard-slog’ (grind) at the time, because I was enjoying the fights. Having said that, I wouldn’t want to do it again!

I’d resolved to get the “Legendary Champion” title, and that was gonna take however long it was gonna take—400 hours or so! XD

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

That is actually a good point about the ‘hard-slog’. If it is fun, and feels right, it really isn’t a grind, right? I think I’m somewhere in the 40 something range playing it here and there.

Sometimes you get on a roll and stay longer. Others, the wait time can get in the way. Still, congrats and good data for those looking for an estimate or idea of what they could be looking at. Can’t go wrong with more data/numbers

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Ranger

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Grats.

I dont understand this sentiment. What is a grind? By that logic anything in this game is a grind. But for OP and many more it’s about the journey in PvP, the experience and fun on an even playing field.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

Grats.

I dont understand this sentiment. What is a grind? By that logic anything in this game is a grind. But for OP and many more it’s about the journey in PvP, the experience and fun on an even playing field.

Assuming it took the OP this much time, I agree with nacario.
I have around 91% played on my ranger and I’m rank 80 for a long time. So I can tell from my own experience I didn’t think of it as grind even for a second. It was a journey and a nice training.

“Observe, learn and counter.”