so this is the mysterious post bug

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

Rapid Fire

in Ranger

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

This topic again? Can we get this merged with the other 10 topics across this board, the wvw board, and the Spvp board please?

This is one of those ones from the spvp subforum. They apparently now have a nercomancer player who post so many nerf everyone else threads that it is its own merged topic

Funny thing is before the class balance forum and that post Josh put up about posting ranger bug in the bug section they use to move any ranger related topic back here no matter what the discussion was about.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

Rapid Fire

in Ranger

Posted by: Kreed.2768

Kreed.2768

From Arena net evidence channel description: Guardian, Warrior, Engineer, Thief, Elementalist and Mesmer have channel skill, so why only Ranger channel is only one that track, fire and attack through stealth?

If it is not working the way it should be, it is broken

Thank you for once again showing how little you know about the most basic mechanics in this game. This is another shining example of why balance decisions shouldn’t be made around players at a very low skill level.

So i am low skill player and no ranger with high skill can show evidence of where in Arena net ranger class description of ranger arrow track stealth stealth and attack through stealth??

Do you want me to ask Arena net to help for evidence?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Stealth-vs-Single-Target-Ranged-Skills/first#post3067923

If you queue up attacks prior to the player stealthing, they will still land. Ranged attacks that is.

Hope this clears it up!

Lover of longbow rangers.
Party Hard in GW2!
My YouTube Channel!

Rapid Fire

in Ranger

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

You might want to think about bringing some evades when you start roaming dear thief.

Rapid Fire

in Ranger

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

From Arena net evidence channel description: Guardian, Warrior, Engineer, Thief, Elementalist and Mesmer have channel skill, so why only Ranger channel is only one that track, fire and attack through stealth?

Thank you for once again showing how little you know about the most basic mechanics in this game. This is another shining example of why balance decisions shouldn’t be made around players at a very low skill level.

I want to add further points, ALL CHANNEL SKILLS WITH A TARGET TRACK THROUGH STEALTH.
That Dark something clearly is clueless of what he’s talking about. He knows too little about other classes.

Kill shot is considered channel skill too, and it tracks through stealth, so does all the channel skills I mentioned in the previous post.

Rapid Fire

in Ranger

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

So i am low skill player and no ranger with high skill can show evidence of where in Arena net ranger class description of ranger arrow track stealth stealth and attack through stealth??

Directly from the wiki : If an enemy is channeling an attack on a player that goes into stealth, it will often continue to do so until the channeling ends or the player moves far enough away.

Every profession can do this, your crusade against rangers is getting old.

Directly from Arena net wiki: Not! public wiki. What diferent between Arena net wiki vs Public wkiki?
Arena net wiki can not be edit or change by anyone vs Public wiki where public anyone can edit and change to what they want. In conclusion: Arena net wiki is concreate 100% evidence: that is where i do my research and investigation because what Arena net put there is correct vs Public wiki who can lie.

“Channeled skills are a skill type that activate over a period of time. These skills can be spotted by a yellow activation bar that fills when the skill is activated. The thin portion of the activation indicates the charging portion while the wide bar indicates the active portion. Channeled skills can vary greatly on what happens during the charging phase, active phase, and end effect. For the active portion, the skill pulses periodically for the number of times indicated in the tooltip. Canceling a skill during the charging phase will cause the skill to go on a 4 second recharge while canceling during the active phase will put the skill on full cooldown. Some skills such as Meteor Shower, Churning Earth, and Empower do not display the charging and active phases, but simply display the thin bar” .

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Channeling

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

(edited by DarkSyze.8627)

Rapid Fire

in Ranger

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Directly from the wiki : If an enemy is channeling an attack on a player that goes into stealth, it will often continue to do so until the channeling ends or the player moves far enough away.

Directly from Arena net wiki: Not! public wiki. What diferent between Arena net wiki vs Public wkiki?
Arena net wiki can not be edit or change by anyone vs Public wiki where public anyone can edit and change to what they want. In conclusion: Arena net wiki is concreate 100% evidence: that is where i do my research and investigation because what Arena net put there is correct vs Public wiki who can lie.

“Channeled skills are a skill type that activate over a period of time. These skills can be spotted by a yellow activation bar that fills when the skill is activated. The thin portion of the activation indicates the charging portion while the wide bar indicates the active portion. Channeled skills can vary greatly on what happens during the charging phase, active phase, and end effect. For the active portion, the skill pulses periodically for the number of times indicated in the tooltip. Canceling a skill during the charging phase will cause the skill to go on a 4 second recharge while canceling during the active phase will put the skill on full cooldown. Some skills such as Meteor Shower, Churning Earth, and Empower do not display the charging and active phases, but simply display the thin bar” .

And none of the description says that when go into stealth, your channel breaks.
You can keep on giving links that proves or explain nothing, no-one cares. It’s like writing a 20 pages report, but all of them are not addressing the problem at all.

Please just go back to your Guardian sub-forum and ask for advice of how to fight ranger instead of spreading none-sense here. It is quite shameful that a Guardian has trouble fighting a ranger, consider how many skills they have to directly counter ranger. I’m sure the more experience Guardian in that forum will give you perfect answers of how to fight a power ranger. Stop wasting time on ranger forum since you don’t care about it anyway.

Rapid Fire

in Ranger

Posted by: SirWarriant.2319

SirWarriant.2319

The entirety of the Ranger forum should just ignore Darksyze at this point. Every thread he has started or commented on in regards to rangers are nothing but 100% uniformed BS and all of his problems stem from him not wanting to learn how to counter RF. Warrior rifle will track through stealth along with every other channel ability in the game if it is started before the stealth. Take your constant complaining and lack of facts elsewhere.

Ullr Thorgislwulf: 80 Ranger Yaks Bend sPvP & WvW
Eladan of Greenwood: 80 Ranger
Elemir Swiftblade: 80 Thief

Rapid Fire

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

…… try looking up “stealth”

Attachments:

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

(edited by Puck.9612)

Rapid Fire

in Ranger

Bran.7425

Rapid Fire

in Ranger

Posted by: Unholy Pillager.3791

Unholy Pillager.3791

You might want to think about bringing some evades when you start roaming dear thief.

Probably already has some, just longs for the ‘good old days’ when thieves didn’t actually need evades to kill rangers.

Rapid Fire

in Ranger

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

To be fair to the OP, at least s/he’s not playing a heavy armour class, saying that rangers are a “bad” class when they are on his/her side and then still whining when an enemy one manages to kill him/her, as most of these people are.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

Rapid Fire

in Ranger

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/wiki

I routinely make changes on the arena net wiki. You are absolutely incorrect. It is a fact that anyone can make a change to the wiki at any time. Even without making an account. All it does for folks with an account is credit them for the most recent edit.

So please stop making claims about thing you are unfamiliar with. All it does is mislead and misinform others .

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

(edited by coglin.1867)

Rapid Fire

in Ranger

Posted by: Tommyg.7392

Tommyg.7392

Rapid fire is a bit OP. You basically need both evades to dodge it. 1 evade only and it will still nearly kill you.

Rapid Fire

in Ranger

Kreed.2768

Here it is again in case you missed it — or, more likely, purposely ignored it: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Stealth-vs-Single-Target-Ranged-Skills/first#post3067923

A direct response from a member of the PvP and Balance QA team, made a year ago, stating channeled ranged targetted skills (such as RF) track through stealth if cast before the target goes into stealth. He doesn’t state that this is a bug or something of that nature, clearly showing us that this mechanic is working as intended.

Let’s face it: it’s not going to be changed. There’s simply not enough valid reason to — not then and not now. You’ll just have to live with it, like the rest of us.

Party Hard in GW2!
My YouTube Channel!

Rapid Fire

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Rapid fire is a bit OP. You basically need both evades to dodge it. 1 evade only and it will still nearly kill you.

Maybe if you are a up-scaled/leveled player on a WvW map. Otherwise there is ample time to survive it. In most cases you can eat the whole thing and still live (this coming from a DPS guardian, full berserker set with accessories, triple mediations, level 80, and exotic armor/weapons + ascended accessories). I think you would agree that a DPS Guardian has just about the lowest health pool stock, right?

If I can survive the initial onslaught of RF, you can too.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

Rapid Fire

in Ranger

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

Here it is again in case you missed it — or, more likely, purposely ignored it: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Stealth-vs-Single-Target-Ranged-Skills/first#post3067923

A direct response from a member of the PvP and Balance QA team, made a year ago, stating channeled ranged targetted skills (such as RF) track through stealth if cast before the target goes into stealth. He doesn’t state that this is a bug or something of that nature, clearly showing us that this mechanic is working as intended.

Let’s face it: it’s not going to be changed. There’s simply not enough valid reason to — not then and not now. You’ll just have to live with it, like the rest of us.

Thanks for posting that, I knew this subject has already been touched upon by the devs (and over a year ago at that!). If it wasn’t working as intended you think it’d be changed by now. We’re at 6+ months since Rapid Fire buff too and still no change, so it’s still a no issue.

Thieves need to watch their surroundings when entering stealth. This isn’t anything new, if you’re playing against a LB ranger you should expect the possibility of a RF coming through. Maybe manage the fight better and stealth while RF is on cooldown, or go behind LoS to stealth up. You can even take Smoke Screen (7 seconds projectile block/smoke field on a 24s traited cooldown) to counter the LB and help stealth.

Rapid Fire

in Ranger

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

Thank You! for showing this more accurate evidence It is sad and i have no other choice than just have to accept it than I will now have to go to the other class forum and ask for help.

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

(edited by DarkSyze.8627)

Rapid Fire

in Ranger

Tommyg.7392

Maybe if you are a up-scaled/leveled player on a WvW map. Otherwise there is ample time to survive it. In most cases you can eat the whole thing and still live (this coming from a DPS guardian, full berserker set with accessories, triple mediations, level 80, and exotic armor/weapons + ascended accessories). I think you would agree that a DPS Guardian has just about the lowest health pool stock, right?

If I can survive the initial onslaught of RF, you can too.

I agree about your health pool, but guardians are tougher than thieves and don’t wear leather. I disagree though, I cannot eat that whole thing, and I find myself to be more tanky than a lot of thieves I run into. I wear valk/soldiers armor, and berserker everything else.

Rapid Fire

in Ranger

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

Stealth is broken, not Rapid Fire.
While I’m in stealth, mesmer AA & phatasms, any even leapers just get to me somehow. Latency maybe?

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

Rapid Fire

in Ranger

Posted by: Pugchug.8905

Pugchug.8905

stealth not working for you? use a different crutch next time. As a thief you have many to choose from.

Rapid Fire

in Ranger

Bran.7425

Ping OP nerf please.

Rapid Fire

in Ranger

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

I agree about your health pool, but guardians are tougher than thieves and don’t wear leather. I disagree though, I cannot eat that whole thing, and I find myself to be more tanky than a lot of thieves I run into. I wear valk/soldiers armor, and berserker everything else.

You have mobility out of this world compared to most other classes, including several shadowstep skills amongst other things. If you aren’t able to take advantage of this, terrain and LOS to close the gap and force the ranger to swap to his or her melee set in a 1vs1 situation, then there is a matter of either 1) lack of skill level or 2) lack of willingness to adept – not RF being OP. LB rangers are more often than not slow compared to a thief, even those using the mobility of sword/dagger, meaning you also have the upperhand when it comes to escaping and resetting fights and then strike when the ranger is unaware.

I don’t like to pull out the l2p card, but that’s simply how it is. As a thief you’re obviously not supposed to eat up a RF. It won’t kill you initially, but you may have a hard time recovering from it depending on the ranger you’re facing.

(edited by Lazze.9870)

Rapid Fire

in Ranger

Posted by: Yelloweyedemon.2860

Yelloweyedemon.2860

gigles

Teef tears never get old!

Rapid Fire

in Ranger

Tommyg.7392

You have mobility out of this world compared to most other classes, including several shadowstep skills amongst other things. If you aren’t able to take advantage of this, terrain and LOS to close the gap and force the ranger to swap to his or her melee set in a 1vs1 situation, then there is a matter of either 1) lack of skill level or 2) lack of willingness to adept – not RF being OP. LB rangers are more often than not slow compared to a thief, even those using the mobility of sword/dagger, meaning you also have the upperhand when it comes to escaping and resetting fights and then strike when the ranger is unaware.

I don’t like to pull out the l2p card, but that’s simply how it is. As a thief you’re obviously not supposed to eat up a RF. It won’t kill you initially, but you may have a hard time recovering from it depending on the ranger you’re facing.

I don’t have any issues fighting rangers 1v1. Depending if they are good, it can be a good fight. I’ll remain with my statement though, it does way too much damage from range, and there’s barely a cooldown on it.

Rapid Fire

in Ranger

Crapgame.6519

I don’t have any issues fighting rangers 1v1. Depending if they are good, it can be a good fight. I’ll remain with my statement though, it does way too much damage from range, and there’s barely a cooldown on it.

I’ll pass along what I just posted in the other ‘nerf ranger thread’ to DarkSyze.

Check out the thread in this forum entitled: “DMD – w/ Video Uncut 1v1s, 1v2s, and 1v3s”. You can watch the whole thing if you want, but I am going to ask you to fast forward to the 8:30 marker. Start there and let it roll.

Then pay attention again to the 11:13 marker.

Rapid Fire is not over powered nor does it do too much damage nor does it barely have a cool down. I honestly do not know what your comfort level is let alone your skill level (and I sincerely do not mean that degrading) but the streamer/poster in the DMD thread seemed to handle the rapid fire onslaught several times. First round he charged right at them while dodging. I’m pretty sure that would apply to all of us. Later in the fight(s) he ate several barrages.

Again, this isn’t a issue of the skill being too much but more of people not understanding the counter or poor reaction time.

Rapid Fire

in Ranger

Tommyg.7392

I’ll pass along what I just posted in the other ‘nerf ranger thread’ to DarkSyze.

Check out the thread in this forum entitled: “DMD – w/ Video Uncut 1v1s, 1v2s, and 1v3s”. You can watch the whole thing if you want, but I am going to ask you to fast forward to the 8:30 marker. Start there and let it roll.

Rapid Fire is not over powered nor does it do too much damage nor does it barely have a cool down. I honestly do not know what your comfort level is let alone your skill level (and I sincerely do not mean that degrading) but the streamer/poster in the DMD thread seemed to handle the rapid fire onslaught several times. First round he charged right at them while dodging. I’m pretty sure that would apply to all of us. Later in the fight(s) he ate several barrages.

Again, this isn’t a issue of the skill being too much but more of people not understanding the counter or poor reaction time.

Don’t know how much stock you can put in a video. I can easily create the same video. Don’t know the skill of the opponents etc. Timing is also important. Obviously if someone sees you running up most rangers are just spamming RF, and will blow it at an inopportune time.

Rapid Fire

in Ranger

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

Except you’re wrong. It doesn’t do way too much damage. The skill is perfectly fine, the build is easily countered due to a massive trait investement from the ranger’s behalf. You have to remember that this game is balanced around pvp conquest (at least, it’s supposed to). Power rangers (or rangers at all for that matter) barely have a spot in top tier, and even then they’re just a niche. They’re trading off valuable team support in order to be a one trick pony. This is a fact. Maybe stronghold will shake things up in the future, but as for now that’s irrelevant.

And that range you’re talking about. Any decent thief will gap close that range before it even matters. Or even better, even decent full melee rangers will do the same thing. If you’re still think it’s too powerful, you should comfort yourself with the fact that wvw roaming never – never – will be balanced. As a thief you of all should know that.

Rapid Fire

in Ranger

Posted by: Inoki.6048

Inoki.6048

No such foolish thing should ever happen. Of course rapid fire hits through stealth, because stealthed or not you are physically still in that position, so you naturally get hit.

(edited by Inoki.6048)

Rapid Fire

in Ranger

Crapgame.6519

Don’t know how much stock you can put in a video. I can easily create the same video. Don’t know the skill of the opponents etc. Timing is also important. Obviously if someone sees you running up most rangers are just spamming RF, and will blow it at an inopportune time.

So you are telling me that person in the video is the only person who can dodge, avoid, or otherwise eat a barrage of rapid fire?

I’m not sure if you missed the point of my comment or just ignored it. Yes, anyone can make a highlight reel. This isn’t about the content creators skill, which clearly he has, but rather an example of someone able to dodge or handle rapid fire. Which is the thread we are posting in at the moment, and how it creates such a huge unfair advantage or so people want to lead everyone to believe.

Then again, you answered my question. Skill level. Just because someone can’t handle a skill doesn’t mean it is broke or over powered. We all have the same base endurance bar. We all have quick reaction skills. Classes have different skills or abilities to handle some situations. The video is an example of someone whom is not afraid of rapid fire. Who is able to handle such a overpowering skill by dodging or actually taking the hits and mitigating the damage while being chased or beat on my multiple hostile players.

So the base of your reply is to ignore the video and say the opponent has/had zero skill.

/sigh

Rapid Fire

in Ranger

Tommyg.7392

No. My point was for all we know he could have died a million times to it in other situations.

Lol, all I have said in this thread is I think it’s too strong. I can handle it.

Rapid Fire

in Ranger

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Dodge or evade? You’re too used to stealth saving you…

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Rapid Fire

in Ranger

Kreed.2768

No. My point was for all we know he could have died a million times to it in other situations.

Lol, all I have said in this thread is I think it’s too strong. I can handle it.

If you can handle it, then that means it’s not too strong, no?

Party Hard in GW2!
My YouTube Channel!