Rapid fire

Rapid fire

in Ranger

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Rapid fire just doesn’t feel natural. It doesn’t feel like it is there when I need it and it feels like it takes way too long to finish channeling.

Maybe reduce cooldown to 8 seconds and 6 seconds when traited and reduce channeling time to 3.5 second?

I can’t see how this suggestion will break the balance to make Longbow Rangers the flavor of the month.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Rapid fire

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

It should have the time reduced to 3.5 seconds instead of 4.5 seconds on the channel. The cooldown I think is reasonable though. Especially since vulnerability is on the skill now.

Rapid fire

in Ranger

Posted by: Terkov.4138

Terkov.4138

Making it 3s cast would be enough. It’d become a kind of burst skill we really need.

Rapid fire

in Ranger

Posted by: meikodesign.6471

meikodesign.6471

Making it 3s cast would be enough. It’d become a kind of burst skill we really need.

I’m agree with that even if an evade will allow to avoid a bigger part of the damage.
It’s a very simple solution to provide to LB a little burst.

Lunavi – Ranger 80 ~ Charr Kuttery – Warrior 80
Little Lunavi – Ranger – Rank 4x
[CPC] Insert Coin – Vizunah Square [FR]

Rapid fire

in Ranger

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

We could fire two arrows at the time we fire one now. You know, double draw

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Rapid fire

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

We could fire two arrows at the time we fire one now. You know, double draw

Sustained damage isn’t the issue though. If you compare just the #1 abilities, our weapons actually have the highest damage. Even higher than staff for Ele’s I do believe (mesmer GS may be higher, never ran numbers). The issue is every other class has things that add to that damage whereas the Ranger skills detract. Rapid Fire is only used because it also provides vulnerability. If it didn’t, it wouldn’t be used either unless you were in short range.

I don’t think we’ll get the Warrior #1 ability. the Warrior burst ability on the other hand would be nice :/

Rapid fire

in Ranger

Posted by: Silverkung.9127

Silverkung.9127

Agree on shoter time when channeling.
About cooldown it good by themself.

Rapid fire

in Ranger

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

Here is an option based on poster above.

Opening strike increases the number of arrows for an autoattack (LB or SB) to 3.
That would give us the initial burst. Then we just have to sustain and live to finish.
It also makes remorselessness very interesting in a power build.

Rapid fire

in Ranger

Posted by: Soilder.3607

Soilder.3607

I actually love this skill, but it definitely needs to be more bursty. But the reason I like it so much is because it has much more utility than you think. It tracks through stealth and encourages your opponent to waste defensive skills, which is fantastic imo.

Stormbluff Isle