Rapid fire belongs on SB

Rapid fire belongs on SB

in Ranger

Posted by: Gcostanza.2086

Gcostanza.2086

Rapid fire seems like it should belong on short bow. The mechanics are for quick close hits. Long bow seems like it should have a longer “Kill Shot” type ability. Maybe an “Aimed Shot” that hits for high DPS.

Ghostbusters INC SBI. Death is but a door , time is but a window, Ill be back.
Engineer Main

Rapid fire belongs on SB

in Ranger

Posted by: Kyosji.8961

Kyosji.8961

Ya know, it does feel that way, and the fan spray feels like it should go on the LB….

Rapid fire belongs on SB

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

agreed. RF makes no sense on a bulky, heavy, long range weapon like the LB. many many things in this game make no thematic sense.

Rapid fire belongs on SB

in Ranger

Posted by: Castaliea.3156

Castaliea.3156

I had a very very long post that brought up this issue years ago. Probably still in my post history. Idk if it was on this acct or my old banned one lol. But yeah, not going to change. Ever.
Anet changed sword skill AA functionality in the beta yet didn’t bother redesigning the actual skills so they’re still using the same lame animations which lock you in place unnecessarly. The entire weapon set feels like a relic from GW1. Absolutely no personal control. If they don’t bother fixing actual broken skills they aren’t going to fix a skill that is obviously out of place regardless of any reasons you, I, or anyone else brings to light.

I’ll personally buy 100$ worth of gems, convert it to gold, donate the gold to new players, and write a actual leter of thanks and apologies if these things ever get addressed. But they won’t. Ever.

Guild Leader
Sempai Said I Was A [QTpi]
Apply @ | http://sempaisaid.enjin.com |

Rapid fire belongs on SB

in Ranger

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

No thanks, I like my longbow the way it is tank you.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Rapid fire belongs on SB

in Ranger

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Must agree with Windu, I like LB just the way it is and would hate to see this change. I’m sure there are better ways of making sb more viable than this.

Rapid fire belongs on SB

in Ranger

Posted by: Kyosji.8961

Kyosji.8961

Too bad they nerfed the LB damage, though. I can’t stand using it anymore since the SB seems to do more damage now

Rapid fire belongs on SB

in Ranger

Posted by: Redemer.2601

Redemer.2601

well I used 2 like my longbow but since alot of the dmg just went of and disapeared Im acually starting 2 go more melee with Remorseless since Lead the Wind is a joke and is out dmg by remorseless by FAR

Rapid fire belongs on SB

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I had a very very long post that brought up this issue years ago. Probably still in my post history. Idk if it was on this acct or my old banned one lol. But yeah, not going to change. Ever.
Anet changed sword skill AA functionality in the beta yet didn’t bother redesigning the actual skills so they’re still using the same lame animations which lock you in place unnecessarly. The entire weapon set feels like a relic from GW1. Absolutely no personal control. If they don’t bother fixing actual broken skills they aren’t going to fix a skill that is obviously out of place regardless of any reasons you, I, or anyone else brings to light.

I’ll personally buy 100$ worth of gems, convert it to gold, donate the gold to new players, and write a actual leter of thanks and apologies if these things ever get addressed. But they won’t. Ever.

the only functionality they changed in beta was to make it so the second skill in the sword auto chain wasn’t a 150yd knock back because that was stupid broken.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Rapid fire belongs on SB

in Ranger

Castaliea.3156

the only functionality they changed in beta was to make it so the second skill in the sword auto chain wasn’t a 150yd knock back because that was stupid broken.

Exactly.
They designed the skill chain around that knockback. And you can tell.
They took it out cuz it was way OP but they went and acted like “hey our whole focus of this chain changed, but let’s not adjust the skill functionality to reflect that.” And it was lazy and disgusting and it still negatively affects the class years later.

This isn’t even mentioning every single skill on this weapon auto paths your character. There is no personal control.
What is this? GW1?

If they aren’t going to address this they surely aren’t ever going to change the longbow, no matter how counterintuitively the skills feel.

Guild Leader

(edited by Castaliea.3156)

Rapid fire belongs on SB

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

omg…I want.

Rapid fire belongs on SB

in Ranger

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

haha if they actually took RF away from lb to the sb there would be a massive uproar

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Rapid fire belongs on SB

in Ranger

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

haha if they actually took RF away from lb to the sb there would be a massive uproar

Theres been plenty of massive uproars regarding a ton of ranger problems, you think anet has listened? They don’t give a rat’s kitten .

The Ranger CDI they did was completely worthless.
So many useful and wonderful solutions yet,
They only pick solutitions that take minimal effort and minimal resources to complete. They could care less about anything else.

Rapid fire belongs on SB

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Exactly.
They took it out cuz it was way OP but they went and acted like “hey our whole focus of this chain changed, but let’s not adjust the skill functionality to reflect that.” And it was lazy and disgusting and it still negatively affects the class years later.

This isn’t even mentioning every single skill on this weapon auto paths your character. There is no personal control.
What is this? GW1?

If they aren’t going to address this they surely aren’t ever going to change the longbow, no matter how counterintuitively the skills feel.

It may have changed, but the functionality is still the same, to stick to your enemy like glue. Personally i’d rather see it be something like, auto gives swiftness, kick givescripple, and then the last skill gives like super speed or something like that so it keeps the same effective functionality but I’d be able to dart all around the battle field under MY control.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Rapid fire belongs on SB

in Ranger

Castaliea.3156

Exactly.

What is this? GW1?

It may have changed, but the functionality is still the same, to stick to your enemy like glue. Personally i’d rather see it be something like, auto gives swiftness, kick givescripple, and then the last skill gives like super speed or something like that so it keeps the same effective functionality but I’d be able to dart all around the battle field under MY control.

Simply throwing a cripple on it and a leap on #2/3 achieves the exact same thing and wouldn’t you know it…would actually let you “dart all around the battlefield under YOUR control”. There is zero reason to keep a relic functionality around, hindering a class, other than laziness or a lack of empathy. Obviously you agree by your statements. Yes the chain’s overall function remains the same, like you said. But you cannot disagree with the fact that there is better ways to do it that do not hinder you as a player.

Under no circumstances should this AA chain ever should’ve been approved after the knockback was removed, for a game designed around fluid combat and active defense.

It’s the definition or broken;
Once working, now a hindrance.

Fix it.

Guild Leader

Rapid fire belongs on SB

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Yep rapid fire to short bow 2, remove most of the dmg and make it cause vulnerability/poison/torment per strike.

Poison volley to longbow 2 and remove poison. Increase dmg.

Rapid fire belongs on SB

in Ranger

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

This makes no sense whatsoever.

Shortbow is a mid-close range weapon.

Longbow and Rapid fire is a long range weapon and skill.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Rapid fire belongs on SB

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Have Anet give Shortbow back it’s old “broken” animation and shortbow will have rapid fire again.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Rapid fire belongs on SB

in Ranger

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

Just no.
Simply rework entire Shortbow.

Longbow is simply fine because we have rapid fire, longbow kit without rapid fire would have no meaning and it would be destroyed and unusable, because the power of rapid fire, covers of other bad skills on longbow.

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

Rapid fire belongs on SB

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

While I understand the OP’s sentiment, I have to make this comment for other responses….

I’ve been a part of the GW community for a very, very long time (prophecies), and I can say that without a doubt, the few suggestions of “switching” the functionally of the bow 2 skills is by far the worst idea I think I’ve ever seen in my entire time as part of the community.

That isn’t to be rude either. It’s just legimately an awful idea, sorry.

The OP on the other hand makes lots of sense, thinking about the bow as a heavier weapon that should thereotically be slow with high damage and weak at range.

The problem is this history of the LB in GW2. Rapid Fire up until the change that doubled its cast time wasn’t even a damage increase over the autoattack, except at the closest range. The skill originally fired about as fast as the shortbows autoattack, and was more than likely originally designed as a way to offput the diminishing sustained output that came with counterplaying the LB by getting into shorter range, because the ranger was originally designed as a sustained damage class and it pretty much took the entire community fighting to get the point across that the design idea and original Rapid Fire was bad design and ineffectual, and that struggle was a very, very long one.

The concise reasoning behind why LB and SB won’t change is pretty simple overall though; Killshot already exists, and they gave the version of SB2 that people seem to gravitate towards to Engi Pistol 2.

I say leave the LB as is, but the SB does need an entire revamp that I intend to post my thoughts on in that thread going around. Specific to this though, SB2 should work more like Warrior sword 4 but have a different 2 part effect. Part 1, single target projectile, stacks Poison up to 5 on the intended target (every target it pierces gets poisoned but it doesn’t stack on them). Part 2 of the skill would be to “detonate” the stacking effect early that creates a field that stacks poison and/or torment on things in its radius (which would then play off of how all SB3-5 are 100% finishers).

But that’s just one take on it.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

Rapid fire belongs on SB

in Ranger

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

I have RF on my SB…

Rapid fire belongs on SB

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

Qucikness + SB AA= RP on SB.

Rapid fire belongs on SB

in Ranger

Posted by: Akuni.8604

Akuni.8604

It does not belong to shortbow as shortbow is about skirmishing and applying condis. RF is a continous dps pressure skill which fits perfectly into the playstyle of Longbow.
If you are not happy with how shortbow plays out, stop using it. Both bows are awsome as is, no reason to gut Longbow again.
I mean come on “Volley should be on LB” – Totally a close combat skirmishing skill fits perfectly on a kiting weapon which has a get off me button…

Common sense people. You lack it.

Rapid fire belongs on SB

in Ranger

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

Rapid fire seems like it should belong on short bow. The mechanics are for quick close hits. Long bow seems like it should have a longer “Kill Shot” type ability. Maybe an “Aimed Shot” that hits for high DPS.

This is exactly why it should be on LB. LB autos deal more damage on long range than rapid fire but if you close in you drop damage. This is when you are supposed to rapid fire.

Too many stupid people just rapid fire in PvE when ever it is up which actually lowers their dps when they were shooting on long range. In pvp you use it because LB autos might get blocked by aegis and stuff like that or short weapon evades.

SB needs love but rapid fire is perfectly fine and needed on LB and doesn’t fit SB at all.

Rapid fire belongs on SB

in Ranger

Posted by: mulzi.8273

mulzi.8273

They just need to undo their AA nerf on SB they made a year or so ago. When they slowed down the AA, it killed SBs dmg (non condi dmg anyw2ay) and made it less fluid..

Rapid fire belongs on SB

in Ranger

Posted by: Sarision.6347

Sarision.6347

This is exactly why it should be on LB. LB autos deal more damage on long range than rapid fire but if you close in you drop damage. This is when you are supposed to rapid fire.

Too many stupid people just rapid fire in PvE when ever it is up which actually lowers their dps when they were shooting on long range. In pvp you use it because LB autos might get blocked by aegis and stuff like that or short weapon evades.

I’m pretty sure with the channel compressed, RF is a DPS increase. Less time channeling = more time pewpewing on autoattack.

Rapid fire belongs on SB

in Ranger

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Wait when did they nerf longbow damage? I can’t even remember the last time I equipped a shortbow

Rapid fire belongs on SB

in Ranger

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Just no.
Simply rework entire Shortbow.

Longbow is simply fine because we have rapid fire, longbow kit without rapid fire would have no meaning and it would be destroyed and unusable, because the power of rapid fire, covers of other bad skills on longbow.

Agreed.

RF compliments LB more than it would sb. SB already is fast, and there is no reason to add a skill “shoot faster” to a weapon that already behaves like this.

Only thing I’d suggest is up the attack speed of crossfire to what it used to be, up the swiftness of #3, and increase the power ratio for #4 so a power build can utilize [Moment of clarity] a little more since no skill has higher power than the aa (although usually I’ll just swap to gs and maul off that concussion shot). Otherwise ranger SB imho is the best designed weapon out there because it takes effort to kill with it but it does have that good pay off on condi builds. It’s just power builds can’t use it as well as it used to be.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

Rapid fire belongs on SB

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

I’d replace shortbow 2 with this http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Choking_Gas let the gas linger in the area for about 5 seconds and give it a pulsing poison effect as well.

Let quick shot interrupt a skill and disable it for x seconds

Increase the cripple duration of crippling shot, add x stacks of torment and let it give the ranger a few seconds of super speed.

Change light on your feet to grant 25 or 33% movement speed while wielding a bow and immobilize an enemy for 2 seconds when you interrupt a foe (15 second cooldown)

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

Rapid fire belongs on SB

in Ranger

Posted by: SadKeanu.3491

SadKeanu.3491

I completely agree. Rapid fire fits way more effectively on shortbow. It would allow you to actually stack conditions effectively enough to do actual damage. The shortbow is a faster more mobile weapon and the skills should reflect that aka why rapid fire fits perfectly on it.

Then all you have to do is move concussion shot to longbow. Decrease the cooldown a bit, increase the damage. Give a short daze if you hit from the front or a large stun and extra damage if you hit from the back or side. This would actually have some synergy with Moment of Clarity(synergy with our traitline that doesn’t involve the wolf running into a wall repeatedly because he can’t figure out how to use the stairs, then fears the air because the guy he was chasing is far gone by the time he casts anything). This type of skill fits much better on a longbow, which is supposed to be powerful and debilitating not fire arrows quickly, that is what a shortbow does.

twitch.tv/sadkeanu69
streaming weeknights after 6PM EST