Rate my build - s/d LB

Rate my build - s/d LB

in Ranger

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAT8YnEqA9CitsAWsActgBGh6fiVvl5w9bDgec78QokV0F-T1iFABLcQAGzEEAXAAmUGckSDqUidmuBOVCO0+DOq+jAPBASBwkUL-w

Roamer. Needs to be above average at 1v1 against other common roamers, mobility, and perma swiftness.

Basic idea:

• High sustain – 300/hp sec from regen+sotw. TU healing for 9180. Blood sigil’s proccing for 600 every 5-6sec. Leeching sigil on melee swap.
  • Solid condi management – No Empathic Bond or Full Clear, but Troopers Runes + Wilderness Knowledge will give me 4 low cd on-demand clears for 1-2 condis each. Uses lemongrass.
  • High damage – It could be higher, but this is not a glass build. Benefits from quickness on pet swap, high dps of 1h sword, quick-draw rapid fire potential

Extras:

• Perma fury gets us to about 50% crit. Very high weakness uptime. Very high poison uptime. Great stability access. Quickdraw evades under pressure, or Quick draw monarch’s leaps when needing to flee.

Potential problems:
No oh ____ button really. SoS would be fantastic, as would a full condi clear. It might take me some adjusting to L2P without Lyssa runes. The thing is, I hardly ever need SoS with s/d+ quickdraw. Previously running Lyssa + SoR + Empathic bond was not enough condi removal: not because I need more than 2 huge clears, but because Empathic bond is unreliable and only 2 on demand 40+sec cd clears isnt enough. Its not the wall of conditions that kills, its the constant application of broken perplexity confusion or new-improved burning stacks, and constant removal of the problematic conditions is necessary.

GS would be a bit faster for getaways, but i find its DPS lacking on builds where you dont build around setting up and landing Opening Strike Maul’s.

This would be my first post-specializations sustain type spec, I’m interested in seeing how sustain pairs with Bark Skin… is Bark Skin physical damage only?

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

(edited by Raven.9603)

Rate my build - s/d LB

in Ranger

Posted by: Belarorn.9062

Belarorn.9062

Bark skin is physical damage only yes but it pairs magnificently with TU and regen now. the trick is to keep your HP as high as possible. basically spam TU off CD and you get perma protection kinda deal. I agree EB is entirely horrible and since both rangers condi clear compete directly, wilderness knowledge just gives you so much more.

I run almost the same build but I use HaO, SotW, LR, QZ, and SotP. you can still get near perma regen and I like the on demand quickness and speed on QZ.quickness stomps are very nice. you do get lesss condi removal because TU is 2os CD and QZ is 48s. my build is a bit more zerker.. Overall I think your;’s will work fine best of luck