Rate my pvp build

Rate my pvp build

in Ranger

Posted by: RevanCorana.8942

RevanCorana.8942

Everyone’s using signets but stone is quite bad imo, it’s not a stunbreaker, it last only 6 seconds, the cooldown is just ridiculous and the passive negligible, can’t compare to endure pain.
I took beastmastery over skirmishing because it is pretty useless as I don’t plan to weapon swap very often.
The F2 applies blind, weakness and taunt… every 5 sec except for the taunt, hawk/eagle are awesome.
And wolf is still overpowered especially at 36sec cooldown so nobrainer.
Plenty of condi removal and epic burst, path of scar ~8k + cc

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-Jo-F7;1FFx-r2NEF-0;9V-E;1Y_b;0248147036;4INl6W;1G3G3G3G35R

(edited by RevanCorana.8942)

Rate my pvp build

in Ranger

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

5/10 – less than15 chars

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

Rate my pvp build

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

Its the greediest pvp build I have seen so far, I guess it can work if u’r a master of position and reaction.

Rate my pvp build

in Ranger

Archon.6480

^^ This, and you will have difficulty surviving focus.

Jade Quarry – Esparie

Rate my pvp build

in Ranger

Posted by: foste.3098

foste.3098

2/10 here i made a few adjustments to your build, now you have good survivability against both power and condi builds and you can stand on a point and contest it if need be and are not restricted to just pew pew glass canon that will die in 1 sec if a thief, mesmer, or guardian ports on you.

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-Jo-F7;1FFx-d2cDF-0;9V-E;1Y_b;0238147036;4INl6J;1TsW6TsW65p

Quickening zephyr is unnecessary if you have lead the wind traited, you already attack plenty fast, and rune of the scholar is one of the worst choices for pvp. Meandru is a personal choice since it is good vs burn spam and it helps to not get stun locked vs rampage but any power rune other than scholar will work.

see no evil ,until i stab you

Rate my pvp build

in Ranger

RevanCorana.8942

I’m not asking for your signet build lol did you even read the OP?
The build already has plenty of survivability without signet of stone which is a terrible signet for the reason I said before and enough condi removal and mobility.
I’m using TAUNT not quickening zephyr please don’t comment again without knowing what the thread is about.

The hawk grants swiftness, almost perma weakness and a blind every 5 sec
Offhand axe adds just the extra CC and damage that can really hurt if comboed with taunt or longbow 4.
and the sword rotates around the map faster than GS and has more survivability and dps.
It’s pretty much the highest damage longbow ranger build there is, maul opening strike build doesn’t compare, lead the wind is straight up 10% added damage and allows some sick combo with entangle, muddy terrain, point blanck shot and rapid fire through multiple targets…

On top of that beastmastery brings a whole new component to the ranger unique gameplay and allows aoe interrupts from a distance.

5/10 – less than15 chars

constructive feedback pls

Its the greediest pvp build I have seen so far, I guess it can work if u’r a master of position and reaction.

Well yeah it’s not glass thief that hides 24/7 and wait for easykill or glass warrior facerolling rampage and stance.
It actually requires thought process to do well but it’s very fun and can be devastating at picking targets trying to escape or if played correctly do insane dmg through the use of immobilize + piercing arrows

Rate my pvp build

in Ranger

Posted by: DarkFlopy.8197

DarkFlopy.8197

Everyone’s using signets but stone is quite bad imo, it’s not a stunbreaker, it last only 6 seconds, the cooldown is just ridiculous and the passive negligible, can’t compare to endure pain.
I took beastmastery over skirmishing because it is pretty useless as I don’t plan to weapon swap very often.
The F2 applies blind, weakness and taunt… every 5 sec except for the taunt, hawk/eagle are awesome.
And wolf is still overpowered especially at 36sec cooldown so nobrainer.
Plenty of condi removal and epic burst, path of scar ~8k + cc

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-Jo-F7;1FFx-r2NEF-0;9V-E;1Y_b;0248147036;4INl6W;1G3G3G3G35R

i like the way you are thinking RavenCorana,
tho you are being abit too dependent on being on 90% hp and above, which in spvp its kinda hard to accomplish especially when the enemy notices you are a ranger.
but overall i like the idea that you are digging for, an executioner style.
i rate 8/10.
anyone thinks im wrong? good for you, when you get murdered by someone using that, dont be shocked, be ashamed

Rate my pvp build

in Ranger

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

If you are using wilderness survival, you should get Rune of Rage. It gives you %20 fury duration and %5 dmg under the effects of fury. With wilderness survival & clarion bond, you can have a %100 fury uptime, which means constant crit buff and %5 damage buff. Maybe you can think of using that.

Rate my pvp build

in Ranger

Posted by: jewishjoyride.4693

jewishjoyride.4693

If you’re looking to snipe targets from 1500 units then yes, I think this is the right build. You’ll be able to pick off any lows. The weakness spam should help your team mates on point. LB range is great as well for harassing player movement across the map.

As for SW/A I’ve always found it a tough set to use in pvp. GS has a block and a longer range leap that helps me when getting focused as well as having a pretty short cooldown counter pressure in maul. As others have said if you get focused with this you are pretty much going down, so maybe GS won’t really change that. Marauder’s ammy might make a big difference with that though. It is a much larger health pool vs Berserker’s and the damage output is still steady and high.

You also might try Pack runes or Ranger runes. Both will offer bonuses that will last beyond your upper 10% of health.

As a side note, Amen to not running SOS. Seriously people. Way over rated. As are all signets, in general, at the moment.

Rate my pvp build

in Ranger

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

Nice build, has few problems, No Survival? You’re taking trait/rune/amulet that all require high survival but you aren’t taking much. Sure you have condition removal but conditions aren’t the problem. You have no way to stop people from training you down in seconds.

Steady Focus isn’t very good in SPvP, maybe it’s useful at the start of the fight but once things kick off the trait is useless. It’s a PvE Trait.

Scholar Runes, is a waste. Guard’s are back in meta and they pump out allot of retaliation, one rapid fire or barrage will put you well below 90%.

Berserker Amulet, how do you handle stealth from thieves and mesmers, with HP pool that low and no invons at all you must get 1 shot allot.

Something you might find interesting is taking Signet of the Wild as your 3rd utility and traited and combo with QZ on your spikes.

EDIT, don’t get me wrong I like your build it’s got all right combo’s, I would personally change to stone signet or vamp runes and then your build might stand a better chance against being trained down.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

(edited by Sol.4310)

Rate my pvp build

in Ranger

Archon.6480

5/10 – less than15 chars

Oh, sorry, I was responding to the title to rate your build. You’ve done well to max DPS, and this will work well against AI. Unfortunately, the current META is centered around four of the following four classes:

1. Mesmer – Shatter o’death from perma invisibility with stunnerama to boot
  2. Warrior – Perma Stability o’smash da face to ground baby
  3. Guardian – Insta port to AoE burn ya to death
  4. Elementalist – Depleted Uranium Diamond Armour of Perma Heal

All of which have excellent gap closers, fantastic stability up time, and endless access to reflect. Your build receives a 5/10 because it has no counter play to enemy stability, invulnerability, and reflect. They only need to avoid your damage for a few seconds to mince you. Then they can +1 your allies while your corpse pushes daisies.

PS: Also, how would you counter a Zerker thief or dual sword shout/signet ranger wielding Rampage as One?

Jade Quarry – Esparie

(edited by Archon.6480)

Rate my pvp build

in Ranger

RevanCorana.8942

tho you are being abit too dependent on being on 90% hp and above, … when you get murdered by someone using that, dont be shocked, be ashamed

Thanks, I’m mostly counting on Bark Skin and Companion’s Defense to achieve that. Also the weakness helps a lot when focused and it’s aoe 600 range with wolf.

If you are using wilderness survival, you should get Rune of Rage … Maybe you can think of using that.

Yea not bad idea, it would reduce crits damage by about 10% but give enough fury to drop carion bond and take enlargement instead.

If you’re looking to snipe targets from 1500 units then yes … Marauder’s ammy might make a big difference with that though. It is a much larger health pool vs Berserker’s and the damage output is still steady and high.

You also might try Pack runes or Ranger runes. Both will offer bonuses that will last beyond your upper 10% of health.

As a side note, Amen to not running SOS. Seriously people. Way over rated. As are all signets, in general, at the moment.

Yea it’s not only for sniping tho, you can come in 900/600 range to drop your immobilize and try to rapid fire multiple targets, or for a melee burst. Sword has lower cooldown on the leap. You just need to lose target and quickly rotate 180° before using hornet sting, you can assign a key for that in the menu. It also has the autoattack which is awesome in pvp (if you ctrl + right click on the skill to disable cycle) you can hit twice then run away by pressing 2 times autoattack pounce, then even run away further with hornet sting if needed.
The thing about SoS is that it’s supposed to make up for its shorter duration and longer cooldown compared to endure pain by being a signet, but the passive isn’t very useful, it’s also overshadowed by protect me! which has shorter cooldown and is a stunbreak.

Nice build, has few problems, No Survival? ….

EDIT, don’t get me wrong I like your build it’s got all right combo’s, I would personally change to stone signet or vamp runes and then your build might stand a better chance against being trained down.

The best defense is to not make yourself a target by utilizing 1500 range obviously.
Then wilderness survival minors traits and troll unguent.
Marauder will do okay but it reduces crit damage by 25%, steady focus 10%, scholar rune 10%.
Being mostly at range you need to optimize your crits to be useful to a team.
I’d use signet of the wild if it didn’t have a cast time however now I use enlargement over carion bond because it helps a lot with stunlocks thieves.
Mesmer burst is easy to dodge because you see the clone spawn.
For guards just kite and reposition they can’t follow you.

5/10 – less than15 chars

Oh, sorry, I was responding to the title to rate your build. You’ve done well to max DPS, …

PS: Also, how would you counter a Zerker thief or dual sword shout/signet ranger wielding Rampage as One?

Mesmer: dodge when I see a clone spawn near me then free reck
Warrior: stealth with lonbow 3 and reposition, harass him until he pops his endure pain then burst
Medi-Guard: once he pops JI i can immobilize, run behind and burst him down when he shelter run away and reposition.
Elementalist: burst him when he go out of water.
Thieves: very hard to beat, need to surprise them with taunt or path of scar, then burst I use enlargement now because of the stunlock, once they hide you better go near your team and focus another target and drop muddy terrain at your feet.

Signet of Stone wouldn’t help much in those situations anyway.

Rate my pvp build

in Ranger

RevanCorana.8942

tho you are being abit too dependent on being on 90% hp and above, … when you get murdered by someone using that, dont be shocked, be ashamed

Thanks, I’m mostly counting on Bark Skin and Companion’s Defense to achieve that. Also the weakness helps a lot when focused and it’s aoe 600 range with wolf.

If you are using wilderness survival, you should get Rune of Rage … Maybe you can think of using that.

Yea not bad idea, it would reduce crits damage by about 10% but give enough fury to drop carion bond and take enlargement instead.

If you’re looking to snipe targets from 1500 units then yes … Marauder’s ammy might make a big difference with that though. It is a much larger health pool vs Berserker’s and the damage output is still steady and high.

Yea it’s not only for sniping tho, you can come in 900/600 range to drop your immobilize and try to rapid fire multiple targets, or for a melee burst. Sword has 1200 range every 8 sec, GS has 900 range every 15 sec. You just need to lose target and quickly rotate 180° before using hornet sting, you can assign a key for that in the menu. It also has the autoattack which is awesome in pvp (if you ctrl + right click on the skill to disable cycle) you can hit twice then run away by pressing 2 times autoattack pounce, then even run away further with hornet sting if needed.
The thing about SoS is that it’s supposed to make up for its shorter duration and longer cooldown compared to endure pain by being a signet, but the passive isn’t very useful, it’s also overshadowed by protect me! which has shorter cooldown and is a stunbreak.

Nice build, has few problems, No Survival? ….

The best defense is to not make yourself a target by utilizing 1500 range obviously.
Then wilderness survival minors traits and troll unguent.
Marauder will do okay but it reduces crit damage by 25%, steady focus 10%, scholar rune 10%.
Being mostly at range you need to optimize your crits to be useful to a team.
I’d use signet of the wild if it didn’t have a cast time however now I use enlargement over carion bond because it helps a lot with stunlocks thieves.
Mesmer burst is easy to dodge because you see the clone spawn.
For guards just kite and reposition they can’t follow you.

5/10 – less than15 chars

Oh, sorry, I was responding to the title to rate your build. You’ve done well to max DPS, …

Mesmer: dodge when I see a clone spawn near me then free reck
Warrior: stealth with lonbow 3 and reposition, harass him until he pops his endure pain then burst
Medi-Guard: once he pops JI i can immobilize, run behind and burst him down when he shelter run away and reposition.
Elementalist: burst him when he go out of water.
Thieves: very hard to beat, need to surprise them with taunt or path of scar, then burst I use enlargement now because of the stunlock, once they hide you better go near your team and focus another target and drop muddy terrain at your feet.
Rangers: Axe 5 or taunt them a mirror match is always fun

Signet of Stone wouldn’t help much in those situations anyway.

Rate my pvp build

in Ranger

jewishjoyride.4693

Yea it’s not only for sniping tho, you can come in 900/600 range to drop your immobilize and try to rapid fire multiple targets, or for a melee burst. Sword has lower cooldown on the leap. You just need to lose target and quickly rotate 180° before using hornet sting, you can assign a key for that in the menu. It also has the autoattack which is awesome in pvp (if you ctrl + right click on the skill to disable cycle) you can hit twice then run away by pressing 2 times autoattack pounce, then even run away further with hornet sting if needed.

Sword is an 8 sec cooldown vs 9 sec traited on GS. Chaining the sword leaps is actually closer to 1000 units than 1200. GS still seems to be moving me about 1100. I’ve had about face keybound to my Naga for at least 2 years :p It works, my personal experience has just been that a single bigger leap does more for my survivability than the chained retreat/leap of sword. I also find that the wind up at the start of the animation gets me killed especially since the evade frames don’ begin until the roll back.

SOS is easy to abuse on condi builds and easy to wait out on power builds. Seriously Rangers!!!!

Rate my pvp build

in Ranger

jewishjoyride.4693

the Quotes got messed up there, I have no explanation. I blame ANET.

Rate my pvp build

in Ranger

RevanCorana.8942

the Quotes got messed up there, I have no explanation. I blame ANET.

lol you can move the [quote[ around like in most forums when editing.

Greatsword isn’t bad at all but it works best when used with remorseless for the maul spike, but sword has slightly more disengage options and mobility.
Since I’ve dropped carion bond for enlargement I will try warhorn over axe for the swiftness.

Rate my pvp build

in Ranger

Archon.6480

You guys are funny. You seem really obsessed with SoS. I don’t know of any builds that revolve around that, though it has some nice uses. I quite enjoy SotW myself. Regardless, good luck with your builds and have fun in PvP. See you in the arena.

Jade Quarry – Esparie

Rate my pvp build

in Ranger

Posted by: Adonvdo.6537

Adonvdo.6537

I’ve just started doing unranked and using something similar to this build and haven’t lost yet and got the highest score on my team most of the time. Although I use Signet of the Hunt and Strength of the Pack instead for more burst.

I’m sure it wouldn’t do nearly as well as it has had I not had good peelers.

Rate my pvp build

in Ranger

RevanCorana.8942

I’ve just started doing unranked and using something similar to this build and haven’t lost yet and got the highest score on my team most of the time. Although I use Signet of the Hunt and Strength of the Pack instead for more burst.

I’m sure it wouldn’t do nearly as well as it has had I not had good peelers.

That’s a solid build no doubt, glad you like it.

Signet of the Hunt is not really useful, if you want swiftness you can take warhorn.
The active effect has little use in a build that doesn’t have maul.
I like strength of the pack for the interaction with remorseless and the stability but not ideal in this case, entangle gives fury and removes condition and also immobilize is very strong right now as it passes through stability and can be used to slow and kite a rampage as well as offensively with piercing arrows.
For countering stunlock I use enlargement (marksmanship), it’s the best source of stability ranger have because it is instant and cannot be interrupted.

This is the new build after some tweaks http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNBjYDbkQFaVxSWwjFoaxweQtNRAc2dB3DDx/8N/yXyuqA-TpRBwAX3fYzBBQzRAgcZAAXAgHPAAA