Real Ranger Update?

Real Ranger Update?

in Ranger

Posted by: Rhino.9607

Rhino.9607

Granted we have been getting some update, but this is now getting out of hand. What is going to be done SPvP for rangers?

Real Ranger Update?

in Ranger

Posted by: Agadar.4931

Agadar.4931

You mean the ‘significant changes’ that were promised?

They will come when the sun rises in the west and sets in the east, when the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves.

Real Ranger Update?

in Ranger

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

What build are you using in SPvP? Beastmaster and Trap builds are powerful.

If you go weapon damage only you will fail hard.

Real Ranger Update?

in Ranger

Rhino.9607

sorry rangers are NOT to be traps, thats a rouge or thief trait. only in GW2 I have seen this and I have been playin MMO’s for 20 yrs now

Real Ranger Update?

in Ranger

Posted by: Agadar.4931

Agadar.4931

sorry rangers are NOT to be traps, thats a rouge or thief trait. only in GW2 I have seen this and I have been playin MMO’s for 20 yrs now

Apparantly you didn’t ever play World of Warcraft’s Hunter.

That class was pretty much exactly Guild War 2’s Ranger, only viable.

Real Ranger Update?

in Ranger

Posted by: ChillyChinaman.6057

ChillyChinaman.6057

Really? I don’t have your prestigious gaming pedigree, but I don’t see anything wrong with either class having access to trap type skills.

Even Necromancer marks are traps in pretty much everything but name.

Real Ranger Update?

in Ranger

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

Guess you never played GW1. Even WoW hunters have traps.

Real Ranger Update?

in Ranger

Rhino.9607

Apparantly you didn’t ever play World of Warcraft’s Hunter.

That class was pretty much exactly Guild War 2’s Ranger, only viable.

No I haven’t and I see why. Archers r Archers, most of these traits we have are for rouges or thief, Just don’t see why developers have the need to mess with a class that they have NO idea what it is about. I never liked the idea of rerollin a toon but honestly they need to step it up and fix our broken class. None of this" we don’t want to give you any more spoilers talk,". Give it to us straight and tell us what is really going on with our class?

P.S
Sorry J.P but don’t mean to sound like a nag but, this is a serious issue. Rangers need results.

Real Ranger Update?

in Ranger

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

what? u mean that 2 viable builds in tpvp arent enough? some profs dont even get that. spirits need a rework still, and pet movement can always use more improvements.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

Real Ranger Update?

in Ranger

Posted by: slingblade.1437

slingblade.1437

Rangers have issues, no doubt.

Traps are a perfectly logical thing for a ranger to have, considering they are supposed to be masters of the wild and trapping is a real-world wilderness activity.

Real Ranger Update?

in Ranger

Posted by: Dante Dragonhand.2538

Dante Dragonhand.2538

Traps are fine, but not what I made a ranger for. Idc about the other weapons or builds, although I appreciate the changes made to GS, I want my longbow to become viable, useable, and worth a kitten in pvp. Id also like to not be forced to use sig of beastmaster to be on par with other people when their cds are down, its frustrating.

Real Ranger Update?

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

Traps are fine, but not what I made a ranger for. Idc about the other weapons or builds, although I appreciate the changes made to GS, I want my longbow to become viable, useable, and worth a kitten in pvp. Id also like to not be forced to use sig of beastmaster to be on par with other people when their cds are down, its frustrating.

I agree with this 100%.

Adding my 2 cents to that idea, I would also like to see some less useless Grandmaster Traits. Albeit, the traits for all classes need some work in some way, but I see no reason whatsoever to trait to Marksmanship 30 except for the extra power, I doubt Evasive Purity has a place in any build, and Instinctual Bond might have been more useful is the quickness was active while lick wounds was available.
Personally I’m not so sure what’s good about remorseless either. Not that it’s useless, but I don’t feel it’s strong enough to deserve 30 points. Just an opinion though, I’m sure there are people out there than can argue some form of success with it, it just doesn’t seem deserving of a grandmaster trait to me.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

Real Ranger Update?

in Ranger

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

Sorry but traps suit a ranger/hunter/wilderness theme a lot more than they fit a thief.
I don’t even think thieves should use traps or venoms, neither of those thigs have anything to do with being a thief and I’ve never seen a rouge in an MMO.

Real Ranger Update?

in Ranger

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

traps arent even the best tpvp build lol. give it a rest.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ