Reaper Wipes the Floor With GS Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

Kappa

But seriously now that necro has shouts and guardian has traps I really hope they remake our counterparts.

And btw I think druid will be Mantras.

in Ranger

Posted by: TheFantasticGman.9451

TheFantasticGman.9451

I don’t know… I’m not fond of the idea of slow combat, which is what the Reaper will be. Not only that, given what they wrote about it, it’s still going to have ZERO group support.

EDIT: I mean, the reason I don’t play my necro, at all, is because the lack of good melee weapon and absolutely terrible group support.

Speaking from a PVE-only point of view…

in Ranger

Posted by: Elorna.5329

Elorna.5329

The only thing that would make the whole slow attacker work in a PvP/WvW setting would be getting a breakbar on a GM trait, like it was hinted. As far as PvE goes, unless there are traits that add some obscene party buffs or damage modifiers stronger than all other professions, necros will still be in the kittener.

The greatest freedom is the freedom not to get involved.

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

If Druids get Mantras I am going to be very sad. Very clunky mechanic with effects not really worth the charge time compared to other classes instant use skills.

in Ranger

Dojo.1867

If Druids get Mantras I am going to be very sad. Very clunky mechanic with effects not really worth the charge time compared to other classes instant use skills.

You cannot even judge any effects if you don’t know what they are. Just because mesmer mantras don’t see much play doesn’t mean druids are automatically bad. Your comment is silly.

in Ranger

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

I’ll wait and see with my own 2 eyes…
Melee is not exactly our strong point so I’m not too worried anyway.

in Ranger

Toxsa.2701

I hope we rangers steal some concentration or mediation from Guardians, since Guardian stole our LB and traps anyway.

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Reaper looks pretty fun to play I reckon, too bad I’d have to level a Necro to try it…

in Ranger

Dojo.1867

I hope we rangers steal some concentration or mediation from Guardians, since Guardian stole our LB and traps anyway.

Concecrations sound nice. I actually could see Muddy Terrain becoming one.

in Ranger

Posted by: Aerathnor.8305

Aerathnor.8305

Reaper looks pretty fun to play I reckon, too bad I’d have to level a Necro to try it…

This, though I do still have a boost to 20 scroll still laying around.

I’ve spent time with all the classes, but Reaper is going to be a “wait and see” thing as necromancer is one of the classes I enjoyed least despite loving the theme (DS is just an awkward and terrible mechanic imo).

Probably will be an A+Wh/GS build for the added mobility/range, but we’ll see.

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

actually right now, the reaper doesn’t. we still don’t know if theyre gonna get on-demand stab. the spec could be a total miss. shoulda waited till Friday to make this thread for better effect =) also, there is no GS ranger. for the most part, it’s a defensive skirmishing weapon.

in Ranger

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

I actually could see Muddy Terrain becoming one.

Not sure if I even have to point out why that won’t happen.

For one, you cast mud.

(edited by Lazze.9870)

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

actually right now, the reaper doesn’t. we still don’t know if theyre gonna get on-demand stab. the spec could be a total miss. shoulda waited till Friday to make this thread for better effect =) also, there is no GS ranger. for the most part, it’s a defensive skirmishing weapon.

They already have on-demand stability, albeit a short 3s duration, upon entering DS. Can also trait Foot in the Grave with Speed of Shadows for a 7s CD on 3s of stability, stun breaker with +25% movement speed while in DS. Not bad, but some more stab is needed for Reaper. Hopefully they get a pulsing trait so they can stay up and moving, however slowly.

in Ranger

Levetty.1279

You cannot even judge any effects if you don’t know what they are. Just because mesmer mantras don’t see much play doesn’t mean druids are automatically bad. Your comment is silly.

For the effect sot be worth dealing with the Mantra mechanic they would have to be so powerful that other classes complaints will pretty quickly get it nerfed.

I’m hoping for meditations too.

in Ranger

Posted by: mambastik.8735

mambastik.8735

As long as we don’t get warrior banners.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Are you a chrono? You saw the future of it already?? Teach me!!!

Also it is very likely druid is ranger/ele and we get cantrips or glyphs.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Kind of afraid of what Druids will get. Who knows? After all of this dreading, it might turn out to be really cool. If not, we can always stay a Ranger.

Also, if Druids get Mantras, there better be some cool lines that vary depending on the mantra AND pet. “Power. Torment. Bacon!” (with a pig)

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Toxsa.2701

Kind of afraid of what Druids will get. Who knows? After all of this dreading, it might turn out to be really cool. If not, we can always stay a Ranger.

Also, if Druids get Mantras, there better be some cool lines that vary depending on the mantra AND pet. “Power. Torment. Bacon!” (with a pig)

I’d rather it be “Pork, Sausage, Bacon!”
The active of this skill is make your pig explode and does huge AOE damage within 1200 range.

in Ranger

Elorna.5329

The active of this skill is make your pig explode and does huge AOE damage within 1200 range.

And in keeping with the theme of pig pets, you get an environmental weapon – a ham to whack people with.

in Ranger

Toxsa.2701

And in keeping with the theme of pig pets, you get an environmental weapon – a ham to whack people with.

Or maybe fall out 3 environmental weapons at once. A bacon, a sausage, and a ham.
Your pig dies after using the active.

in Ranger

Elorna.5329

On a somewhat related note, what if rangers (or any profession for that matter) get conjured weapons as utility skills? Could the ele PvE overlords finally be challenged? We do know Ice bow (and Lhammer for some odd reason) are getting nerfed, it might be to open up conjures on another profession.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Or maybe fall out 3 environmental weapons at once. A bacon, a sausage, and a ham.
Your pig dies after using the active.

And after the pig dies, our Druids can say…

Attachments:

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

It seems like they aren’t going to have too much mobility, it will mostly be focused around slowing the enemy down.. I wonder how that will do against the mobility of a ranger.. And with our good condi clear for their chills, to boot.

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

in Ranger

Levetty.1279

I might be ok with this.

in Ranger

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

Idk about you but I always carry 1 mantra on my mesmer depending on the situation, I switch between condi cleanse and stability mantra.

in Ranger

Posted by: mambastik.8735

mambastik.8735

Prepare to meat your doom!

in Ranger

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

Don’t they seem really different? Ranger GS is fast paced, and Reaper seems to focus on being slow and ponderous.

in Ranger

Toxsa.2701

Don’t they seem really different? Ranger GS is fast paced, and Reaper seems to focus on being slow and ponderous.

What? What What?
Ranger’s GS is slow as hell.
Auto is slow, especially the 3rd hit evade one.
Maul is slow too, easily dodged.
3 is ok but not dps oriented.
4 The counter-attack is pretty slow in the countering part, the throw blade is slow as hell, and travels slowly too.
5 One of the slowest interrupt skill out there.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

its only feels slow because those skills were balanced around the old Quickness ranger meta with HoT you’ll be able to take said quickness again just by going 6 in BM or using Quickdraw for more Mauls+quicken zypher or a super fast Path of scars>hilt bash>maul combo with quick draw near continous “Path mauls”.

the ranger gs feels clunky because it looks clunky but by no means its slow .

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

its only feels slow because those skills were balanced around the old Quickness ranger meta with HoT you’ll be able to take said quickness again just by going 6 in BM or using Quickdraw for more Mauls+quicken zypher or a super fast Path of scars>hilt bash>maul combo with quick draw near continous “Path mauls”.

So its a fast weapon…if using quickness…
Thats deep man.

in Ranger

Posted by: Yelloweyedemon.2860

Yelloweyedemon.2860

Said it before and I’ll say it again. You people are either 15 year olds who live on a PC or have real issues.

At least wait ’till they show all specs and/or you also play the actual game, then qq

in Ranger

Dojo.1867

Said it before and I’ll say it again. You people are either 15 year olds who live on a PC or have real issues.

At least wait ’till they show all specs and/or you also play the actual game, then qq

Could it be that you didn’t get the joke? I am making fun of that dh vs ranger lb thread.

Btw I think mantras could actually work as extended pet commands. The druid “enchants” his pet and then when activating the mantra it makes the pet taunt, heal surrounding allies, deal aoe dmg. Then again this is already what shouts and some signets were supposed to do and we don’t need another implementation where it doesn’t work that well. With mantras however you could trigger it multiple times and instant. Imagine being able to pulse 3 taunts with your pet for 1 sec each. That could be actual useful cc.

in Ranger

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

If i had mesmer mantras on my ranger i would party hard all day long. They are indeed clunky, but they are strong and can have proper teamplay value.
It is a shame that mesmers do not use their AOE stunbreak mantra in WvW. Given the stability change, that mantra is crazy strong, since the guardian AOE stunbreak has very long cooldown in comparison.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Mantras would be ok, I would give anything for a 3 use Mantra of Distraction on my Ranger and it would live on my bar with LR.

in Ranger

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

I strongly stand with the scenario that Thieves will get mantras. They got all that invisibility and little to do while in it that is not attacking. For their instant cast playstyle mantras would be the perfect addition that easily synergizes with their gameplay.

Rangers? Eeeee….not so much. We do have bit of stealth, but charging something…that’s not really our playstyle.

Now using the environment to our advantage – that’s our style. Something like guardian’s line of warding, engi turrets (but nature themed) and strong party support – those are the things i envision for the druid. But we shall see, hopefully quick:)

in Ranger

Elorna.5329

I strongly stand with the scenario that Thieves will get mantras. They got all that invisibility and little to do while in it that is not attacking. For their instant cast playstyle mantras would be the perfect addition that easily synergizes with their gameplay.

Rangers? Eeeee….not so much. We do have bit of stealth, but charging something…that’s not really our playstyle.

Now using the environment to our advantage – that’s our style. Something like guardian’s line of warding, engi turrets (but nature themed) and strong party support – those are the things i envision for the druid. But we shall see, hopefully quick:)

Guardian got LBow and traps, rangers suddenly get reflections and aegis! Wut!? It would be nice competing for that particular part of the meta with guards.

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

@"Reaper Wipes the Floor With GS Ranger"
Ya it is known, to fight a reaper ranger need sword+ torch –
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-g-upFLqDUE

(edited by LughLongArm.5460)

in Ranger

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

WHY WOULD YOU COMPARE AN ELITE CLASS TO THE BASE CLASS?

/FACEPALM

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Ranger

Toxsa.2701

/FACEPALM

Because we don’t have a Elite range trait QQ…
We’re going to become a fake Guardian or something

in Ranger

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

This thread was created before we even knew what the Reaper does.

Now that I see what the Reaper does, it looks fairly balanced to be quite honest.

It has slow but hard-hitting attacks. If you aren’t good enough to handle that, then, yes, it will seem OP to you. For the rest of us, the speeds on those attacks make it quite balanced.

Really, my only concern is with the scaling per foe hit … as that could be bad for my Mesmer (worse than for my Ranger + pet).

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

in Ranger

Posted by: blitzkrieg.2451

blitzkrieg.2451

I would be fine with mantras, but not the insanely long cast times of those mantras like mesmer has. That cast time is so bad it makes them not even worth playing with.

Tanbin – Ranger / Thief / Ele
Maguuma

in Ranger

Posted by: Aylpse.6280

Aylpse.6280

Please give us something from Ele, I cant count the amount of Eles telling me how bad ranger is and how all I do is press one button. Yes, atuo attacks do damage, last time I checked Ranger wasn’t the only class with an auto attack.

I would kill for Cantrips or something equally “insulting”. Worst case scenario, we get Mantras.. the only one that I find useful being Distraction..

Lockdown Rangers now with permastealth and spirit turrets.

Taking the higher moral ground since 1993.

in Ranger

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

What? What What?
Ranger’s GS is slow as hell.
Auto is slow, especially the 3rd hit evade one.
Maul is slow too, easily dodged.
3 is ok but not dps oriented.
4 The counter-attack is pretty slow in the countering part, the throw blade is slow as hell, and travels slowly too.
5 One of the slowest interrupt skill out there.

Ranger GS is only .25 secs slower than other GS auto attacks on the 3rd skill of th chain ( nothing like the full 2.5 seconds( 1 sec slower than all other AA) from reaper.)

So its a fast weapon…if using quickness…
Thats deep man.

More like GS feels slow because you are comparing it to sword

(edited by Vizardlorde.8243)

in Ranger

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

I’m pretty sure Necromancers would trade half of their skill set just to get a mobility/leap skill that remotely resembles Swoop.

Honestly, you can’t really compare them.

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

I’m pretty sure Necromancers would trade half of their skill set just to get a mobility/leap skill that remotely resembles Swoop.

correct. they cant be compared because the reaper is actually useful. GS is just a defensive, skirmishing weapon with a bit of situational burst. it will likely remain in this role for LB, BM and maybe druid rangers.

in Ranger

Posted by: Skullface.7293

Skullface.7293

correct. they cant be compared because the reaper is actually useful. GS is just a defensive, skirmishing weapon with a bit of situational burst. it will likely remain in this role for LB, BM and maybe druid rangers.

I can show you how Ranger greatsword can be useful if you wish. Watch me when I begin streaming!

Hiro || Talgo
Main: Ranger
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/hirothebeast

in Ranger

Posted by: TheFantasticGman.9451

TheFantasticGman.9451

/FACEPALM

Actually… given what they’ve said about power creep in the past… we should be able to compare elite specs to base specs.

Speaking from a PVE-only point of view…

in Ranger

Posted by: Aerathnor.8305

Aerathnor.8305

/FACEPALM

Actually… given what they’ve said about power creep in the past… we should be able to compare elite specs to base specs.

Agreed.

Elite specs will have to be balanced with vanilla specs or else they will become mandatory. It’s not like we’re going to be shelving all other specs and running double staff with druid :/

in Ranger

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

Pffft … Bifrost Staff w/ The Dreamer Shortbow … finish with Rainbow Unicorn Finisher …

… now I’ll be able to emasculate my opponents with both my Mesmer and my Ranger :-)

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

shudders

;)