Reddit- Pet DPS comparisons

in Ranger

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

From Reddit user netjive8

https://m.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4sotbq/ranger_pet_dps_comparison/

Edit- Sooo… As mentioned at launch… Ranger low dps. Pets low dps and less reliable on moving targets.

Almost 4 years of begging for improvements to be a more competitive and wanted profession, and little is done to tackle all things Ranger. While Druid was a nice addition, the Celestial Avatar healing is very unappealing and clunky to use.

I’m not going to go into some big wall of text here, but professions need a v2.0 revamp based off of all the years of player feedback that we have poured on these forums. It’s time to make some serious changes and improvements to the most vital aspects of the game, and those are our characters we play.

Weapons need a pass. Slot skills needed a pass. Traits need a pass. Pets, minions and illusions need a pass. Condition system in pvp modes needs a pass. Stealth mechanics in pvp modes need a pass. Professions need to have multiple good roles to build and play, not just damage with support ultra light. Additionally, this game was built intentionally with movement in mind so all skills and pets and things need to function smoothly and properly with movement factored in. Most reticle aiming skills need to be changed to targeted aoe skills so they are useful, not nullified by 1 dodge roll from a player or a couple steps from an npc… The list goes on…

Sorry for the rant, but professions and combat are #1, and stuff like these numbers reminds me of how little reinvestment has gone to all these areas. GW2 has the potential to have the top fantasy mmo classes and combat, but things have been left in a mediocre state. It’s time for a hard look at professions.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Everybody knows that the pet tax on our power weapon base numbers and coefficients is BS.

Ranger power weapons deal virtually almost half the DPS of other classes with a measly 1300 DPS pet that can’t hit a moving target to compensate.

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Almost 4 years of begging for improvements to be a more competitive and wanted profession, and little is done to tackle all things Ranger. While Druid was a nice addition, the Celestial Avatar healing is very unappealing and clunky to use.

I’m not going to go into some big wall of text here, but professions need a v2.0 revamp based off of all the years of player feedback that we have poured on these forums. It’s time to make some serious changes and improvements to the most vital aspects of the game, and those are our characters we play.

It’s time yes.

Will it happen? No, no chance in hell.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Posted by: Lalainnia.3598

Lalainnia.3598

Is this complaint for Pve overall damage? Cause ranger/druid is more than fine in pvp/wvw imo if anything its really just pets like stated that need srs updated to stick on a moving target and that’s cleary shown with how crazy effective smokescales are when you swap or open with them for their smoke assault or bristlebacks f2 with the recent accuracy update. Just about every other pet is rubbish when attempting to land their normal skills and f2s prob one of the newer ones being the best example with wyverns. I would be more welcome to them improving pets before them touching wep damage numbers.

in Ranger

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

They will band-aid the damage with an expansion locked elite spec, just wait and see.

Seriously though, our power coefficients have been pure bs since launch.

(edited by Lazze.9870)

in Ranger

Lazze.9870

Is this complaint for Pve overall damage? Cause ranger/druid is more than fine in pvp/wvw imo

Due to the BM/NM/Druid pet wombocombo, manageable zerker bow builds and decent condi builds. It wouldn’t hurt to bump up the numbers and/or attack speed on sword and greatsword.

It isn’t just the smokescale’s smoke assualt that makes it stick, its basic attacks have longer range than what the core melee pets have. I’m surprised no one ever complains about it.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

It isn’t just the smokescale’s smoke assualt that makes it stick, its basic attacks have longer range than what the core melee pets have. I’m surprised no one ever complains about it.

Amazing what 60 additional range can do. Not surprised people don’t complain about it; probably because they just didn’t know.

But since you brought it out into the open, I guess the ignorant bunch can start screaming for another Smokescale nerf on its AA down to 130 to match the other pets…

Or, better yet, Anet would most-likely do their usual patch updates and spin it:

“Fixed a bug that made the Smokescale auto attack strike further than intended.”

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

(edited by Wondrouswall.7169)

in Ranger

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

They will band-aid the damage with an expansion locked elite spec, just wait and see.

Seriously though, our power coefficients have been pure bs since launch.

I was thinking the same thing about pushing something to an elite. Might not be bad if it’s tailored to be a heavy damage or burst focused melee spec.

I agree.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in Ranger

Posted by: Darkness.9732

Darkness.9732

This is why i didn’ t buy Hot.

Pets have the same problems of 2012.

in Ranger

Posted by: Lalainnia.3598

Lalainnia.3598

Is this complaint for Pve overall damage? Cause ranger/druid is more than fine in pvp/wvw imo

Due to the BM/NM/Druid pet wombocombo, manageable zerker bow builds and decent condi builds. It wouldn’t hurt to bump up the numbers and/or attack speed on sword and greatsword.

Wow yeah didn’t know that about smokescales basic attacks kitten shame then and should be addressed for other pets.

in Ranger

Lazze.9870

Amazing what 60 additional range can do. Not surprised people don’t complain about it; probably because they just didn’t know.

Perhaps. I’ve been mentioning it in several threads since the release of HoT, and this is the first time anyone else have acknowledged it.

The sad thing is, a nerf to the smokescale range is way more likely than they buffing the range of all the other pets..

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Making it so all our melee pets cleave like every other kitten class’s damage also seems unlikely. We’re stuck with low DPS drakes if we want that melee cleave that a warrior and guardian and daredevil and necromancer get for free.

List of pet disadvantages goes on:

- No scaling with ascended stats.

- Pets can’t reach the 220% crit damage bonus the player can.

- Pets don’t benefit from food/oils, runes, or sigil bonuses.

- Pets need a godkitten trait to benefit from our boons despite being a tax on our damage and a portion of the DPS we do.

- Several traits are tied to pet swap, as is our pet survival mechanic, but the pet we swap to losses all boons.

Every way you look at it, from the lack of AoE they didn’t address with druid or glyphs (instead giving us a healing gimmick spec) alongside our outdated kittenty traits (Most Dangerous Game, Opening Strike, etc) and pets are to blame for rangers not having remotely competitive DPS builds.

Especially power builds, since rangers don’t pay the pet tax on their condition damage (although their condi builds are point blank stationary trash for PvP, they can’t cleave condis like an engi or necro can nor efficiently apply them in aoe from a distance).

If people recall, rangers were one of the later announced professions in Guild Wars 2 closed beta, and in HoT they were the last elite spec to be revealed and clearly a kitten change (staff is an utterly kittenty weapon used mostly to just recharge astral form and skill 3 for mobility).