Reef Drake confusion broken in PVE?

in Ranger

Posted by: NakedNullpo.2649

NakedNullpo.2649

Q:

Hi everybody,

I’ve been trying the reef drake as a pet recently, which I hadn’t done in some time.
Its F2 is a cry that applies confusion (5 stacks high) to enemies.

I know how confusion works: Apply confusion, enemy activates a skill, damage is done, damage indicator is a pink swirl with the damage in white figures. So far so good. This is also what used to happen when I last used the reef drake.

However, the last few days, this doesn’t happen any more. Enemies get hit by its F2, have the confusion indicator on them, but when they use their skills, they take no damage, and no damage indicator shows up. Then the stacks wear off.

It’s been happening consistently, without a single exception, for me.

Confusion applied with bows (through a mesmer’s combo fields) works normally. It’s just the reef drake for me.

Can someone reproduce this behaviour?
Is this intended behaviour or a bug?

Thanks!

in Ranger

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

A:

It might be that the confusion doesn’t “count” as your own confusion so you won’t see the damage (like if a engineer put confusion, you wouldn’t see his damage) but other than that I’m not sure. I never really use reef drake.

in Ranger

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

It might be that the confusion doesn’t “count” as your own confusion so you won’t see the damage (like if a engineer put confusion, you wouldn’t see his damage) but other than that I’m not sure. I never really use reef drake.

This. Since the pet nerf update, we’ve been unable to see the damage floaters from our pets’ conditions. I don’t know if this is a bug, or intended, but the conditions are still there.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690