Regeneration Druid

Regeneration Druid

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

I kind of hope to see traits that enhance Regeneration. For example:

• Whenever you gain Regeneration, remove 1 condition.
  • Regeneration healing scales from vitality instead of healing power.
  • + 350 healing power while you have Regeneration.
  • cause 5s cripple when hit while you have Regeneration (10s cooldown)
  • gain 3s stealth whenever you gain Regeneration

Of course not all of them, but I think it could be very interesting. The idea mostly comes from Oakheart Salve and using it in combination.

Regeneration Druid

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

I kinda don’t want to see anything more with Regeneration on Druid. I’d rather see more potent things such as Resistance, a boon I thought to be thematically fitting for Ranger but only 3 classes gained access to them – 2 of which seem obscure.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Regeneration Druid

in Ranger

Posted by: Tuomir.1830

Tuomir.1830

Woah, all of those look incredibly broken.

Only fools and heroes charge in without a plan.

Regeneration Druid

in Ranger

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

I kinda don’t want to see anything more with Regeneration on Druid. I’d rather see more potent things such as Resistance, a boon I thought to be thematically fitting for Ranger but only 3 classes gained access to them – 2 of which seem obscure.

Since neither Elementalist nor Guardian gained Resistance, I think it is quite save to say that this will be the new thing for Rangers. Hopefully. Resistance for Forge doesn’t make much sense and Resistance is heavily underused so far.

Regeneration Druid

in Ranger

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

I wanna see a trait that gives Resistance Regeneration the Burning/Poison treatment, where it stacks in intensity rather than duration. >:)

The class is always greener on the other side.

(edited by Toolbox.9375)

Regeneration Druid

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

I wanna see a trait that gives Resistance the Burning/Poison treatment, where it stacks in intensity rather than duration. >:)

You mean being immune even more than being immune?
Something like
“Your Instant Kill ability is now 40% more powerful”
?
I don’t understand.
I like the ideas that sync well with Regeneration. We are the most overcapped class with this boon and having powerful effects attached to keeping the boon up I would like. I don’t want more regen – no – I just want to feel good from applying it from already overcapped amounts.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

Regeneration Druid

in Ranger

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

…I meant Regeneration.

The class is always greener on the other side.

Regeneration Druid

in Ranger

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

I’m kind of anti specializing into regeneration. Because, no matter what the actual impact of it is, mindless cyclical upkeep of a boon is super boring gameplay.

Resistance I’d like to see, because it sounds it’d have a short duration and limited access, so you’d have to muster your situational awareness and timing abilities to use it well.

…Not that Healing Signet is a good indicator of that. /cringe.

(edited by Vox Hollow.2736)

Regeneration Druid

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

…I meant Regeneration.

Yep, I could go with that one.

Would be OP though.
Let’s just imagine Traited Healing Spring, Resounding Timbre with all the passive traits from Wilderness Survival.

Being healed for 1K in AoE sounds pretty neat. I mean, how would that differ from Ele power I cannot tell – but you can tell it’s not going to happen.

Regeneration Druid

in Ranger

Holland.9351

I was going to delete the topic because I changed my mind, but it already has too many replies

I don’t really like regeneration, but liked the idea of enhancing it to a point where it’s something I like.

The only build with a lot of regeneration is a shout build with Guard, which I both dislike. I don’t know why I thought this would be a good idea

Regeneration Druid

in Ranger

Posted by: Swiftborne.2650

Swiftborne.2650

Of course not all of them, but I think it could be very interesting. The idea mostly comes from Oakheart Salve and using it in combination.

I agree with Toumir that these are incredibly broken. Take " Whenever you gain Regeneration, remove 1 condition." for example. Not counting the many ways OTHER people can give you regen (warr inspiring banner’s for example), Healing Spring alone would remove a total of 12 conditions at the end of its duration. Traited, thats 12 conditions every 24 sec. If you really wanna turn it up to 11, take a look at a traited water spirit (despite how usless spirits are now). That’s a regen pop every 3 sec. A condi removed every 3 sec. And that’s not counting the other ways Rangers have access to regen (Oakheart salve 10 sec cd, rejuvation 18 sec cd, tree wolf f2, shout trait) AND condi removal (wilderness knowledge, bear f2). To be frank, we not only have a lot of access to regen uptime, but regen proccing as well.

Your second point is a bit broken as well, “Regeneration healing scales from vitality instead of healing power.” As it stands now, rangers have a base of 1000 vitality and 0 healing power. My current build uses Settler’s runes, which is 1200 touch, 900 healing, 900 condi dmg. What I sacrifice in dmg, I make up in survivability. Now, an alternate rune that is pretty popular in ranger condi builds in Carrion, which is 900 power, 900 vitality, and 1200 condi. This would give a total of 1900 vitality (which would translate to 1900 “healing power” for regen). Almost double of what a traditional bunker has. Hell, even making a power build with it, that would still give us 1560 vitality, legitimately making power builds OP.

I like your line of thinking though. I was thinking the druid trait line could be used more for group utility more than personal utility. Say for instance: Whenever you gain regen, grant 3-5 sec of regen to teammates; whenever you grant regen, grant 2 stacks of might. You can even go the route of :Gain vigor whenever you gain regen (10 sec cd); Or even, increase the potency of regen whenever you gain resistance (if we were to gain access to resistance), for more personal utility.

Regeneration Druid

in Ranger

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

The remove condition idea is a really great one, it just needs some sort of ICD (~5sec).

The scaling from vitality instead of HP, as one person critiqued, doesnt have to be 1:1 (and none of the other conversion traits in the game are 1:1, they are like 10%).

Stealth… i dont think thats the right way to go about it.

Personally I am hoping we become the primary suppliers of the resistance boon.

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

Regeneration Druid

in Ranger

Posted by: Undertow.2389

Undertow.2389

The only build with a lot of regeneration is a shout build with Guard, which I both dislike.

You don’t need to slot guard anymore really now that heal as one and strength of the pack are also shouts. Toss in sick em and you have 3 skills that are solid in their own right (unlike using guard just for regen) and essentially 100% regen uptime in fights.

Also warhorn with windborn notes in nature magic plus clarion bond in marksmanship give very high regen uptime too, for you and allies, even though windborn notes seems bugged and doesn’t give the full 10 seconds of regen advertised in the trait tooltip. With nature magic specced it should be 12 seconds (due to NM minor +20% boon duration) twice every 24 seconds for 100%, instead it gives around 16-18 or so. Still with oakheart salve and rejuvination (NM minor) it should be near 100% in most fights. You could also take dwayna runes and easily get 100%.

Finally just using healing spring with trapper’s expertise gives you over 100% as long as you stand in it more than half its duration.

That said, I’d be surprised if druid spec doesn’t have instances of regen traits given with how the boon seems to be what rangers offer most (along with fury offensively). Perhaps on staff skills themselves instead. Resistance also seems very likely. It would be really good to have some anti condition options besides two mutually exclusive traits, healing spring, and a two minute cd immobile elite.

Regeneration Druid

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

The remove condition idea is a really great one, it just needs some sort of ICD (~5sec).

Ele’s trait does similar and has no ICD. Why ICD for the Ranger?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cleansing_Water

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Regeneration Druid

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

Because we are rangers and we can’t get nice stuff.
We are not elementalists – I suppose.

Regeneration Druid

in Ranger

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

Because we are rangers and we can’t get nice stuff.
We are not elementalists – I suppose.

Because of healing spring.

If a Ele casts Healing rain it cures 3 conditions for nearby players over its duration, or 6 if traited for condition cleanse on regen. Plus potentially 2 more conditions per 10/sec if Cleansing Wave and Elemental Attunement are taken.

A ranger with this and no ICD would clear 10 with HS, plus potentially 8 more with shouts if they ever fix trooper runes to work on party members effected by ranger shouts. (Would fernhound count?)

Personally, I dont think it would be too strong because healing spring cleaning 1 condi every 2 sec is basically condi immunity for 10sec. If HS condi cleanse gets doubled I think people would be hard pressed to notice. But there are unwritten rules here: No one can be as good as guardians at shout cleansing or as good as elementalists at water field cleansing, so sayeth the scripture.

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

Regeneration Druid

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

@ Raven
But the thing is Eles have 17 other skills that cure conditions.
We have one that won’t even trigger if you were at full health and you are forced to stay stationary for 10 seconds – plus you have to blow your heal if you want to cleanse.
And one death sentence for our pet.

All the rest is 2(3) traits from which 1 forces you a specific heal and utility path or kills your pet passively. The 3rd trait does not save you from the most OP condition – burning and wastes it’s potential most of the time.

Regeneration Druid

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Take a look at ele’s Ether Renewal, you can trait that to remove 9 conditions every 14.5s… and that is just one skill.

Giving Druid a trait identical to cleansing water would be awesome, see Trooper Runes and Resounding Timbre synergy.

+350 healing power when you have regen is not OP at all, it would be a good trait imo, if it had more actually. 350 is only + 43 on regen. So with 0 Healing Power, that’s a 25%(?) increase? Ele has a trait that enhances their unique Soothing Mist by 200%.

Regen scaling from vitality would be nice too, not sure if its OP either since healing power’s effectiveness drops the more vitality you have. I would actually prefer to see a trait that is more like; Gain 10% of Power as Healing Power, you gain +300 healing power when you have regeneration. Major tier probly.

Regen is not powerful unless you have decent toughness levels and healing power, so these changes would not be OP imo, when you compare to other classes.

Regeneration Druid

in Ranger

Holland.9351

I didn’t think the ideas were OP either. Also remember that Druid is an elite spec, which means the traits are often a bit more powerful than usual.

For example,
Mesmer went from having no 25% movement speed trait or utility to having the most powerful one in the game with Chronomancer: Time Marches On

Tempest has the most powerful anti-CC trait in the game on the shortest cooldown: GaleSong
Tempest is also the only class with 40% damage reduction from protection: Earthen_Proxy

I’d call these more OP than removing 1 boon whenever you get regeneration. Elementalist already has it as a non-elite spec grandmaster trait and also includes allies. But to be honest some of the examples I just randomly came up with and didn’t put much tought into.

I also hate shouts, since I have to constantly press buttons to keep my swiftness up and Guard messes up my pet’s passive mode and position. So I’d really not like the idea of being forced into it with Druid I also don’t want to run warhorn for it, so I hope they don’t do anything awesome with Regeneration, unless Druid has its own way to get it as well.

Regeneration Druid

in Ranger

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

My bet has been on some resistance abilities for a long time, potentially in combination with the overcapped amount of regeneration we have. They’ve been pretty restrictive on giving out resistance so far, so I’d guess the chances are there.

Regeneration Druid

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I agree on the Resistance, it suits the Druid Archetype too. Fingers crossed.

Regeneration Druid

in Ranger

Posted by: Nemesis.6938

Nemesis.6938

i assume the druid will be more team buffy since that is what ranger is most lacking…but it could be anything
shape shifting brawler tank
healer
buffer

i personally would really like something akin to the shaman in wow – a team buffer/enancer and healer while being reasonable at damage
direct damage mage
who knows

Regeneration Druid

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

i assume the druid will be more team buffy since that is what ranger is most lacking…but it could be anything
shape shifting brawler tank
healer
buffer

i personally would really like something akin to the shaman in wow – a team buffer/enancer and healer while being reasonable at damage
direct damage mage
who knows

Sinister is already suited to be a part of meta.
Anything viable that is not a complete garbage would be fine by me.

Regeneration Druid

in Ranger

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

I didn’t think the ideas were OP either. Also remember that Druid is an elite spec, which means the traits are often a bit more powerful than usual.

For example,
Mesmer went from having no 25% movement speed trait or utility to having the most powerful one in the game with Chronomancer: Time Marches On

Tempest has the most powerful anti-CC trait in the game on the shortest cooldown: GaleSong

Sry but I have to tell you: your examples are wrong.
Time Marches On isn’t the most powerful movement speed trait. Actually Mecha Legs of the engineer is more powerful, because it reduces the duration of movement impairing conditions by 33% instead of just 25%.

And the anti cc trait of tempest doesn’t have the lowest cd too. But it is powerful against aoe cc that’s right.

Elite specs are seen in whole more powerful than core specs, but that doesn’t mean that every single trait has to be more powerful as a variant of another profession.

I would love to see druid having resistance and give some extras for regeneration, but this are a little op maybe.