Regeneration Ranger?

Regeneration Ranger?

in Ranger

Posted by: Trueshots.9456

Trueshots.9456

Ok so in one year of play time I have yet to die to a ranger, but I need to be clear about what happen to me a few nights ago. I ran into the best ranger I have ever seen and would have died if i hadn’t run my sweet little kitten off. This guy was incredible. I’m in an extremely high end guild and there were 4 or 5 of us trying to kill 1, yes 1, ranger. He did have npc help but that shouldn’t have matter. Normally I will fight a ranger and his buddies by myself in the middle of as many npcs as they need.

So now for the brunt of this. The ranger had such quick regen his health bar never moved, it appeared he was using one handed weapons I think it was sword/torch or sword/dagger, I may be wrong. Never the less my question to you all is, is anyone aware of this build and how it is played. I’ve been slowly working on a ranger myself and fell in love with this guys play style when i saw him play. It was a lot of regen’ing (rarely saw him actually heal) and he did a lot of dodging, moving very quickly around the screen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

~Poison Caltrop~
I apologize, If you didn’t outnumber me, it wasn’t a fair fight

Regeneration Ranger?

in Ranger

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Hard to say what he was doing for his offensive cycle, but that sounds like a classic bunker core.

Rejuvenation, Oakheart salve, Natures bounty. 2 sup runes of Dwayna.

Signet of the Wild and Natural healing both give you continuous heal over time effects that stack with regen. Natural healing is at the end of the Beastmaster line, so you also pick up 300 healing power in the process.

I’d expect to see Troll Ungent over Healing Spring (you fought him, did you see him drop springs) as the heal is larger and doesn’t tie you to one spot.

Slap at least minor, if not major healing power on each piece of gear and you can get some shockingly high HoT numbers.

They tend to be vulnerable to major spikes, but there are tricks to stop that too. Well-played it used to be one of the few PvE builds that demanded respect. You don’t see them much anymore. Not sure why.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Regeneration Ranger?

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Good rangers are scary to fight, aren’t they? One of my favorite things is defeating overconfident players on other professions. It’s basically saying “we’re still here” via actions.

Most ranger play is poor because they focus on passive, archer play and signets. As any experienced ranger here will tell you, that’s a recipe for death. Little mobility, little control, little sustain (usually zerkers do this). Basically, easy bags if yourself know your profession just a tiny bit better than the ranger knows his. Also, these rangers tend to neglect their pets.

Now, you might assume it was regen and it may have been. Did you really land any hits though? I’ve defeated warriors recently without them really touching me through clever usage of invulnerability, evasion, endurance, and immobilize. A regen ranger will kill you with his pet primarily and conditions secondarily. Is that what happened?

Personally, I do not run regen/beastmaster/apothecary since the pet damage was nerfed and I would advise fellow players to do the same. Condi/crit/trap or regen/spirits or carrion/spirits but I don’t know how I feel about beastmaster/regen/apothecary anymore. It feels weak to me.

What gives me trouble? Well, some warriors do. Usually, these difficult warriors have longbow and mobile strikes, two things that help negate my ability to kite. Some mesmers give me trouble (these mesmers usually do condition damage and are awesome at convincingly blinking, using decoy, or swaping positions with a clone). A good p/d thief will make me struggle. A perplexity engineer is a difficult matchup for me as well.

I find that ranger is a lot like mesmer in that it’s hard enough to figure out and play successfully—and also they’re usually people’s alts— which results in most mesmers and rangers (duelist professions) actually performing like garbage in a duel.

In theory, ranger is simple and straightforward. In practice you find that “oh, I get 1 shotted if I’m not mobile in melee range” or “oh, bird can’t hit a moving target so I should have been playing dog the whole time?? Or should I cripple enemy for the pet?” or “wow, the damage is so low, how do I kill anything?”. There’s dozens of more little quirks that go along with the profession. The skills and tooltips are simple but the gameplay is not.

I hope that helps.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

(edited by Chopps.5047)

Regeneration Ranger?

in Ranger

Posted by: Silverkung.9127

Silverkung.9127

Let me dig this forum someone already post tip/trick/build RRR regen or somewhatr in here before.

ok found it…This build is good and need some adap for today.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Faux-s-RRR-Build-Conditions-Variation/first

(edited by Silverkung.9127)

Regeneration Ranger?

in Ranger

Posted by: Wolvez.9286

Wolvez.9286

What server are you from, what server was the ranger from and what did the ranger look like?

Regeneration Ranger?

in Ranger

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

With so much regen, its hard to believe he did much damage with sword. You basically have to accept your pet is your weapon if you go that route, since all +damage traits are in exact opposite trait locations.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

Regeneration Ranger?

in Ranger

Trueshots.9456

Thanks for all the responses. Yes, I was hitting him and frequently but im a p/d cond thief so i never see huge drops in health very fast, it was like he was out regen’ing my bleeds. on top of that he most definitely was perfectly timing condition removals, where it seemed i almost never had any on him. He was unable to be immobilized or locked down it seemed. Again, I’ll say I have never and i mean NEVER had a problem killing a ranger even the best ones, but this guy was special. I play on FC this ranger was from DH or DR and we were fighting him at the door to bay in the NPC rt beside the supply camp. If its one of you, we need to be new best friends. It was this past week if that gives you an idea.

As for my ranger I got him to 60 today and tried out the regen stuff, I see how if i load the shout deal and spam shouts i can get like 60 secs of regen, but it doesn’t pulse high enough to stay at full health like the ranger in question was. I’ll admit I don’t know a lot about this mobil play style on the ranger but i’m 100% convinced it is the ONLY viable option in WvW, A Ranger with a bow will die to me in less than 5-6 secs. but because only regen stacks in duration and not amount not sure how this guy was 1v5ing us that day. He didn’t do massive damage to me, but it was constant, and I dont think it was his pet, i usually welcome pets it makes it so much easier to cloak/dagger off them and not have to chase the ranger which then i come from stealth with 5 stacks of bleeds. i just rinse and repeat and ranger is dead very quickly. But not this guy. So even with my lack of knowledge i doubt he would have traited that heavy into beastmaster.

Im kitten ed I didnt video it or at least get his guild.

~Poison Caltrop~

Regeneration Ranger?

in Ranger

Trueshots.9456

What server are you from, what server was the ranger from and what did the ranger look like?

Im FC, he was DR or DH i think, because it was definitely in the last 7 days this happened. I want to say he was a blonde headed human, im pretty positive about human not sure about blonde but hairstyle was shorter. I also think he was using the ice cat pet, but again not positive.

~Poison Caltrop~

Regeneration Ranger?

in Ranger

Trueshots.9456

What gives me trouble? A good p/d thief will make me struggle.

Im sorry Its Anets fault, but lets be honest p/d is almost obsolete at this point, everyone and their brother is easymoding d/p and plex runes. I refuse to change to that crap!

~Poison Caltrop~

Regeneration Ranger?

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

Loses to ranger one time: 100% convinced it’s the build of all builds? Seems like it counters your build but doesn’t mean “it’s the only viable build for ranger in wvw”.

Regeneration Ranger?

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

Im sorry Its Anets fault, but lets be honest p/d is almost obsolete at this point, everyone and their brother is easymoding d/p and plex runes. I refuse to change to that crap!

Sorry ya I got it backwards

Regeneration Ranger?

in Ranger

Trueshots.9456

Loses to ranger one time: 100% convinced it’s the build of all builds? Seems like it counters your build but doesn’t mean “it’s the only viable build for ranger in wvw”.

No Ive played against these types of builds before but none came close to this. Ive been playing since beta and never seen a ranger that even came close. I assure you it was his skill and build that made him better than all the others, he’s definitely doing something not many others are doing (at least on the servers I play against) I see tons of rangers in WvW, difference is they all suck (poor fellows).

~Poison Caltrop~

Regeneration Ranger?

in Ranger

Wolvez.9286

Just curious if it was against SF.
I fought against a p/d at a southern camp earlier this week (along with a few of their buddies). I was able to down a few, but unable to spike (couldnt remember their classes). After a few more buddies came (NPCs were dead) I had no choice, but to run. A ranger can only fight against so many opponents, even with regen.

I run a s/d a/t combo with settlers armor and a mixture of dire/apoc accessories.
0-0-30-30-10 build. Without any buffs I have 700 healing power. I might be lowering that to 500 for more vitality soon. The damage comes from the condition if you are not able to remove them. With all of the evades available to the ranger it can be either; easy fight or long drawn out conclusion.

Regeneration Ranger?

in Ranger

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

He was probably a redux of the broken warrior build.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rune_of_Exuberance

Take 2 of each, minor, major, superior.

Stack sigil of life. Full vit bunker with cleric gear. Shout regen.

If you like this, you’re better off making the warrior version. It got even better after this recent patch.

Regeneration Ranger?

in Ranger

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

i still run into people who never fought BM Bunker before and are surprised by it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

Regeneration Ranger?

in Ranger

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

Im FC, he was DR or DH i think, because it was definitely in the last 7 days this happened. I want to say he was a blonde headed human, im pretty positive about human not sure about blonde but hairstyle was shorter. I also think he was using the ice cat pet, but again not positive.

Pretty sure i fought this guy when we fought DR a couple weeks ago. He was in brown CoE/Duelist armor. When i first fought him on my HGH p/p engi it was sad i thought he was hacking because of all the leaps and evades he did. I had NEVER seen anything like it, which i will say is part of why it worked. I was able to get the jump on him a few mins later and killed him extremely quick. Poison hard counters this. As does kiting the pet.

The build is 0 0 30 10 30. No one uses shouts. They’re bad. Big part if the regen is signet of the wild and x6 Dwayne runes. Most use troll for heal, and lynx is the best pet they can run. Weapons are typically Axe/Dagger and Sword/torch with sigil of geomancy and malice in each. Use full apothecary/settler armor and trinkets.

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

(edited by Carpboy.7145)

Regeneration Ranger?

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

Dat vigorous training, you guys are letting this dude go beastcannon mode on you I bet. Ask prysin and choko about this. They know.

Regeneration Ranger?

in Ranger

Posted by: Mastermavrick.2439

Mastermavrick.2439

I just skimmed this and why do i feel its someone running Faux Shea’s old regen tank build? (was stuff but i never bothered to try tbh) —-

just realized “Silverkung.9127” passed the link heh

The Revenant Apostle [Rvnt]→ DragonBand
Kaiji Ruko – 80 Ranger, Revanat Shadowdeath – 80 Necromancer

(edited by Mastermavrick.2439)

Regeneration Ranger?

in Ranger

Trueshots.9456

As does kiting the pet.

The build is 0 0 30 10 30.

No one uses shouts.

sigil of geomancy and malice in each.

These are the part may noobness to rangers doesn’t understand.

The pet appears to suck why do you care if it dies, what does it actually do? especially regen build?

The 30 in beast master that all seems a waste, that #12 is regen for the pet not you, right?

The shouts would seem easy to use with little invested, grab protection and put 10 points in to 1 trait line, and you would have continuous regen.

Geomancy, what’s the need for this bleed you already have so many conditions?

dway runes? I saw one guy using 3 different sets that gave total of 45% boon duration that would effect regen and of course all your other boons?

Again I really don’t know what I’m talking about so please let me know why I’m wrong, Thanks

~Poison Caltrop~

Regeneration Ranger?

in Ranger

Trueshots.9456

Dat vigorous training, you guys are letting this dude go beastcannon mode on you I bet. Ask prysin and choko about this. They know.

I dont understand anything being said in this post, im sorry, I don’t know how to reply.

~Poison Caltrop~

Regeneration Ranger?

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

Beastcannon is a build on jubskies sticky

Regeneration Ranger?

in Ranger

Carpboy.7145

As does kiting the pet.

The build is 0 0 30 10 30.

No one uses shouts.

sigil of geomancy and malice in each.

The pet appears to suck why do you care if it dies, what does it actually do? especially regen build?

The 30 in beast master that all seems a waste, that #12 is regen for the pet not you, right?

The shouts would seem easy to use with little invested, grab protection and put 10 points in to 1 trait line, and you would have continuous regen.

dway runes? I saw one guy using 3 different sets that gave total of 45% boon duration that would effect regen and of course all your other boons?

Again I really don’t know what I’m talking about so please let me know why I’m wrong, Thanks

1. in beast mastery does affect you. It does heal your pet more though.

Running lynx is good because cats have really high precision and the lynx f2 is a couple bleeds. 20 in beast master gives a trait where cats bleed on crit. Not “chance” to bleed on crit, if they crit it will bleed. 30 in beast master really makes your pet hits like a truck. The reason people complain about pets is they need to trait beasmastery for them to be good (imagine that). Most RRR’s(roaming regen rangers) will apply soft CC (cripple,chill etc) and evade and leap regening health around with conditions ticking on you, while their pet is hitting you. Honestly most of the damage is your pet. The conditions you cause are just icing on the cake.

X6 Dwayne runes arent for +regen duration, but its definitely cool. Its mostly there for the #4 and #6. You don’t even apply any boons other than regen anyway. You wind up with a +63% regen duration as well

Have you ever played a condition build? There is no such thing as too much conditions. That and theres really no other sigils thats be better.(except maybe energy, but at the cost of a good chunk of damage) Loo at the link someone else posted. Also Xsorus has a good video on YouTube about it. Watch it.

Most other classes have a super regen build like this, each with their own strengths. Wars give the most HPS, engis have most CC (hard and soft), rangers is that they can actually have burst, since pets have separate stats.

Lyss The Shadow

(edited by Carpboy.7145)

Regeneration Ranger?

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

Trueshot, have you ever got 600 to 1500 bleed damage per second on a target? The way ranger can stack bleeds really is kind of insane, especially since they buffed keen edge and sharpened edges. There’s nothing wrong with bleed sigils. Sigil of earth is great if you can crit consistently too. With bleed duration in wvw, a single ranger has the potential to stack 25 bleeds.

Regeneration Ranger?

in Ranger

Carpboy.7145

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Busting-the-Myth-of-Useless-Pets/first

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/600-hp-sec-passive-regen

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Faux-s-RRR-Build-Videos

This last link is Xsorus’s channel. search around his channel for the build video on it. He explains the whole thing in video format so if you don’t wanna read watch that. That third link also has 1 or 2 videos of the build in action in WvW.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/external?l=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2FXsorus%2Fvideos%3Fview%3D0

Lyss The Shadow

(edited by Carpboy.7145)

Regeneration Ranger?

in Ranger

Trueshots.9456

Trueshot, have you ever got 600 to 1500 bleed damage per second on a target? The way ranger can stack bleeds really is kind of insane, especially since they buffed keen edge and sharpened edges. There’s nothing wrong with bleed sigils. Sigil of earth is great if you can crit consistently too. With bleed duration in wvw, a single ranger has the potential to stack 25 bleeds.

The bleeds on my thief usually tick for 1600-2600 depending obviously on how many i have on them, if the target failed to put anything in toughness and i stack 25 I am very close to 3k per tick (my #1 pistol does 139 a bleed and my caltrops are a little less for whatever reason think low 120’s). problem with my cond damage.duration build is, i have very few other cond to apply so bleed is easy to strip, all 25 in one shot kinda stinks.

~Poison Caltrop~

Regeneration Ranger?

in Ranger

Trueshots.9456

@Carpboy, thanks for all the info and education, I’m gonna sift through it now!

~Poison Caltrop~

Regeneration Ranger?

in Ranger

Posted by: Jabronee.9465

Jabronee.9465

The main trick to kill Rangers (especially Regen Rangers) as a Thief. Is simple.
Stealth stealth & kill both pets. And the Rangers would be left with just regen with pathetic dps. But if you attack the Ranger mainly then he will always be ahead of you while his pet screw you up real good.

(edited by Jabronee.9465)

Regeneration Ranger?

in Ranger

Posted by: Jacks.5367

Jacks.5367

Let me try to guess this mysterious ranger’s build that you fought.

He probably run with something along this build:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMAQRBMRxG2JQFZBXYhiFsWGIWPIUgGU7hmMPmcFGFA-j0CBoLDimoGi+AgXI0JRFRjtMMsVXBp8KaqGY6UER1OFFRrGA-w

His gear is just my guess but he may have gone full giver which has toughness, healing power and boon duration. The first regen that triggered will be from adapt trait Rejuvenation. So when it ran out, he may have use protect me + troll urgent to get his hp full up. Also Empathic bond may have save him from the bleed since it removes condi every 10s and transfer to the pet.

However if you kill the pet then this will probably his build for condi cleanser:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMAQRBMRxG2JQFZBXYhfFsWGQWPIkAZQaF0E3jRx/CRA-j0CBoLDimoGi+AgXI0JRFRjtMMsVXBp8KaqGY6UER1OFFRrGA-w

But anyway no matter how I look at it, this ranger is just good in keeping himself survive and alive but to call him the best. Hmmmm.. Unless he took down all 5 of you with this build. I will say that he is hardly impressive.

S/d dagger provides the most mobility + ?/w allow him to be very mobile. Unless he use sb instead. Does my build make sense to his escape?

Regeneration Ranger?

in Ranger

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

Those builds above my post are not close at all to what the ranger you’re talking about was running. Here’s a video of me running the regen build, it’s been awhile.

Most good rangers have dropped the full regen build for more dps though. The build is 0/0/30/10/30 full apoth gear.

The main trick to kill Rangers (especially Regen Rangers) as a Thief. Is simple.
Stealth stealth & kill both pets. And the Rangers would be left with just regen with pathetic dps. But if you attack the Ranger mainly then he will always be ahead of you while his pet screw you up real good.

Sorry, but going to disagree with this. Pet can be swapped every 15 seconds and regen rangers run the troll heal which also heals the pet. So unless you can drop the pet through the heal in under 15 seconds, that’s not going to work.

(edited by Tricare.2946)

Regeneration Ranger?

in Ranger

Kilger.5490

Thanks for all the responses. Yes, I was hitting him and frequently but im a p/d cond thief so i never see huge drops in health very fast, it was like he was out regen’ing my bleeds. on top of that he most definitely was perfectly timing condition removals, where it seemed i almost never had any on him. He was unable to be immobilized or locked down it seemed. Again, I’ll say I have never and i mean NEVER had a problem killing a ranger even the best ones, but this guy was special. I play on FC this ranger was from DH or DR and we were fighting him at the door to bay in the NPC rt beside the supply camp. If its one of you, we need to be new best friends. It was this past week if that gives you an idea.

As for my ranger I got him to 60 today and tried out the regen stuff, I see how if i load the shout deal and spam shouts i can get like 60 secs of regen, but it doesn’t pulse high enough to stay at full health like the ranger in question was. I’ll admit I don’t know a lot about this mobil play style on the ranger but i’m 100% convinced it is the ONLY viable option in WvW, A Ranger with a bow will die to me in less than 5-6 secs. but because only regen stacks in duration and not amount not sure how this guy was 1v5ing us that day. He didn’t do massive damage to me, but it was constant, and I dont think it was his pet, i usually welcome pets it makes it so much easier to cloak/dagger off them and not have to chase the ranger which then i come from stealth with 5 stacks of bleeds. i just rinse and repeat and ranger is dead very quickly. But not this guy. So even with my lack of knowledge i doubt he would have traited that heavy into beastmaster.

Im kitten ed I didnt video it or at least get his guild.

Sorry but you wont kill me in 5-6 secs and I am not regen. Traited sigil of stone ensures you dont get started until 6 seconds are gone. If I use “protect me” that means 12 seconds. Theres no way regen can counter 5 people, its not that good, not enough to counter 5-10k dps. Theres something important you are missing about that engagement.

Kilger – Human Ranger
Jade Quarry

Regeneration Ranger?

in Ranger

Trueshots.9456

But anyway no matter how I look at it, this ranger is just good in keeping himself survive and alive but to call him the best. Hmmmm.. Unless he took down all 5 of you with this build. I will say that he is hardly impressive.

I’m not trying to in this post be some arrogant kitten that thinks I’m unbeatable or the best player in the game. Thats far from the truth and I’ve had my kitten handed to me many times. But with this I say this. I had at least 4 of my guild mates and maybe 1-2 others there working this guy. I am in what would be considered one of the most elite guilds on our server in regards to skill level. I dont say that to be arrogant it’s just true and most would agree with that statement. So, were talking at least 4 upper tier fully geared players couldn’t kill this guy in a few crappy npc’s……..HE WAS GOOD and HE WAS IMPRESSIVE!!! I promise you that.

To add I have never and I mean never been with 4 guildmates vs 1 other player and anyone die, just not going to happen.

~Poison Caltrop~

Regeneration Ranger?

in Ranger

Trueshots.9456

Sorry but you wont kill me in 5-6 secs and I am not regen. Traited sigil of stone ensures you dont get started until 6 seconds are gone. If I use “protect me” that means 12 seconds. Theres no way regen can counter 5 people, its not that good, not enough to counter 5-10k dps. Theres something important you are missing about that engagement.

If you are the top 0.5% of rangers skillwise you are probably right I wont kill you in 6 secs, but the historical fact is you will die at some point (less than 60 secs). Your “protect me/SoS” doesn’t worry me. If i was truly concerned about it at a certain part of the fight I would simply cloak/dagger off your pet till it wore off or I would just shadow refuge and watch it wear off you, after that, most of your defense is gone and I would lay down so many bleeds your non regen build would not be able to keep up. You would see me very little as I would have continual c/d off your pet, I wouldn’t even need to be close to you to bleed you to death.

I’m not saying this to be an kitten, I’m saying it because that’s simply how you beat rangers in this game as a cond thief, its Anets fault that cond thief can rip apart most rangers in secs, not my fault.

~Poison Caltrop~

Regeneration Ranger?

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Ya, a real man hides in stealth and has degen do his killing for him, right?

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Regeneration Ranger?

in Ranger

Carpboy.7145

Lmao, what does a condition build have to do with being a man.

Lyss The Shadow

Regeneration Ranger?

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

I believe he was using it as a synonym for cowardice. An ill advised analogy to make though, particularly in written form, as many will find it insulting (like professional woman boxers who could literally kill you with a single punch).

Regeneration Ranger?

in Ranger

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

Honestly I don’t even think this guy want’s to know what ranger build the guy was running. I told him a build/showed him a video of a ranger regen build and he just keeps talking about how awesome he his.

Regeneration Ranger?

in Ranger

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

Next time you run into a s/t s/d regen ranger, try this. Stand in black powder, dodge axe #4, dagger #5, entangle, which should be easy. If you would run d/p you would have poison on autoattack as well. If you are a condi build and didn’t scratch his HP, stack more conditions. Only attack him and his pet next time when his troll unguent wears off, everything else is a waste of your initiative/cooldown. If you guys were 4 against one, and noone had poison/stun on them maybe change setup. This just shows that it doesn’t matter what guild you are in.

You could alternately make a ranger level it to 80 gear it up, play it for 3 months like all thieves have suggested to others.

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF

Regeneration Ranger?

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Lmao, what does a condition build have to do with being a man.

Poor choice of words maybe. It was sarcasm meant to illustrate that it’s silly to try to claim others are easy moding with the D/P thieves on a build that relies on stealth to hide the person while they bleed the opponent to death. Implying one stealth crutch build is less “easy mode” than another is ridiculous.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Regeneration Ranger?

in Ranger

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

Pretty sure i fought this guy when we fought DR a couple weeks ago. He was in brown CoE/Duelist armor. When i first fought him on my HGH p/p engi it was sad i thought he was hacking because of all the leaps and evades he did. I had NEVER seen anything like it, which i will say is part of why it worked. I was able to get the jump on him a few mins later and killed him extremely quick. Poison hard counters this. As does kiting the pet.

The build is 0 0 30 10 30. No one uses shouts. They’re bad. Big part if the regen is signet of the wild and x6 Dwayne runes. Most use troll for heal, and lynx is the best pet they can run. Weapons are typically Axe/Dagger and Sword/torch with sigil of geomancy and malice in each. Use full apothecary/settler armor and trinkets.

I use a shout build to great success. Though it’s worth noting that it is only Guard.

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

Regeneration Ranger?

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

Next time you run into a s/t s/d regen ranger, try this. Stand in black powder, dodge axe #4, dagger #5, entangle, which should be easy. If you would run d/p you would have poison on autoattack as well. If you are a condi build and didn’t scratch his HP, stack more conditions. Only attack him and his pet next time when his troll unguent wears off, everything else is a waste of your initiative/cooldown. If you guys were 4 against one, and noone had poison/stun on them maybe change setup. This just shows that it doesn’t matter what guild you are in.

You could alternately make a ranger level it to 80 gear it up, play it for 3 months like all thieves have suggested to others.

Great advice. Best advice

Regeneration Ranger?

in Ranger

Kilger.5490

If you are the top 0.5% of rangers skillwise you are probably right I wont kill you in 6 secs, but the historical fact is you will die at some point (less than 60 secs). Your “protect me/SoS” doesn’t worry me. If i was truly concerned about it at a certain part of the fight I would simply cloak/dagger off your pet till it wore off or I would just shadow refuge and watch it wear off you, after that, most of your defense is gone and I would lay down so many bleeds your non regen build would not be able to keep up. You would see me very little as I would have continual c/d off your pet, I wouldn’t even need to be close to you to bleed you to death.

I’m not saying this to be an kitten, I’m saying it because that’s simply how you beat rangers in this game as a cond thief, its Anets fault that cond thief can rip apart most rangers in secs, not my fault.

Dont get me wrong either, not trying to brag or say I am super skilled (probably should have left out personal reference but wanted to say I was speaking from experience)… just the way you describe it sounds like traited sigil of stone was used, not just regen.

Also wanted to mention that stealth doesnt do anything against rapid fire which can exceed 12k damage, especially to paper thieves, so there is more than one spec for dealing with thieves. Usually thats the only button I have to press to kitten most thieves. Edit: if you add hunters call its another 5k. How much health do most thieves have?

Kilger – Human Ranger
Jade Quarry

(edited by Kilger.5490)

Regeneration Ranger?

in Ranger

Trueshots.9456

Dont get me wrong either, not trying to brag or say I am super skilled (probably should have left out personal reference but wanted to say I was speaking from experience)… just the way you describe it sounds like traited sigil of stone was used, not just regen.

Also wanted to mention that stealth doesnt do anything against rapid fire which can exceed 12k damage, especially to paper thieves, so there is more than one spec for dealing with thieves. Usually thats the only button I have to press to kitten most thieves. Edit: if you add hunters call its another 5k. How much health do most thieves have?

You could be quite right about signet of stone, but that would only have taken care a a few secs of damage and he should have been taking no damage. This guy was taking damage sometimes getting to half health but the rate that it refreshed was so fast you couldn’t dps thru it, which leads me to believe it wasn’t just signet of stone.

Trust me I know rapid fire hurts, and a assume for glass thieves you might even be able to kill them with that skill. As for me personally I have too much toughness, armor, and health to die to any one skill.

And speaking of bow rangers if you play it proficient I commend you, Ive tried it before and its fine if all u do is follow a zerg around, but solo it seems very poor mobility wise but that just me. I know 1 guy who is very good at it and all aspects of the ranger but beyond that, thats all ive seen. I wish I was better at it because lets be honest shooting a bow is what a ranger is about, and it looks so cool

~Poison Caltrop~

Regeneration Ranger?

in Ranger

Trueshots.9456

Honestly I don’t even think this guy want’s to know what ranger build the guy was running. I told him a build/showed him a video of a ranger regen build and he just keeps talking about how awesome he his.

Just an FYI, your build isn’t the only regen build out there. I have looked at all the postings and videos, I like aspects of all of them. Your video was hard for me to follow because you sped the footage up so fast. I’d like to know what armor and such you were wearing but from what i could see from you screen you were doing basically the same thing as one of the first posters (carpboy’s video links and the instructional build on youtube)
Also for me it was hard to tell exactly how much damage you were doing. There was no doubt you were regening a lot but you weren’t solo and there was a lot of other dps being laid out. How is you build in regards to shear damage?

~Poison Caltrop~

(edited by Trueshots.9456)

Regeneration Ranger?

in Ranger

Faux Sheaux.6179

Pet takes many of your conditions. It also gives many conditions and is responsible for a lot of our control effects. Yes it sucks, but it is still necessary.

That’s the gist of it.

That’s like asking Neo “Why use guns? You know kung-foo.” (proper spelling is censored apparently) Because guns hurt more.

That guy was doing something overkill which means he was losing out in other areas in return for unneeded boost in boon duration (you can already get it more effectively different ways.

I’d like to know what armor and such you were wearing but from what i could see from you screen you were doing basically the same thing as one of the first posters the RRR guy.

Regen rangers use apothecary/settler’s or cleric’s depending on whether power or condition spec. The most common rune is Dwayna though Forge and Water work well too. It’s not truly a regen ranger without the healing power and high regen uptime, so if it’s not as mentioned above, it’s some hybrid.

Regeneration Ranger?

in Ranger

Trueshots.9456

Pet takes many of your conditions. It also gives many conditions and is responsible for a lot of our control effects. Yes it sucks, but it is still necessary.

Man I was hoping someone was gonna tell me I didn’t need beastmaster. I have 30 in it now, just hit 70 a few mins ago. Im sitting here looking at it, the line is absolutely trash, but you guys are saying that the regen from Natures Healing is so good that its worth wasting 30 points? Please tell me no

Also I’ve been using raven, I saw some options in BM line that boost other animals but not birds, should I just use another pet? that raven does sick damage rt now, main reason i’ve been using it.

~Poison Caltrop~

Regeneration Ranger?

in Ranger

Faux Sheaux.6179

Man I was hoping someone was gonna tell me I didn’t need beastmaster. I have 30 in it now, just hit 70 a few mins ago. Im sitting here looking at it, the line is absolutely trash, but you guys are saying that the regen from Natures Healing is so good that its worth wasting 30 points? Please tell me no

Also I’ve been using raven, I saw some options in BM line that boost other animals but not birds, should I just use another pet? that raven does sick damage rt now, main reason i’ve been using it.

You don’t need 30 in BM.. this is regen ranger as an ambiguation. I personally run 0/0/30/30/10 or 10/0/30/30/0 and others run it even differently.

Regeneration Ranger?

in Ranger

Wolvez.9286

Having 30 into BM isnt needed. When I run my evading condition ranger I run the 0-0-30-30-10 build. Settlers armor (undead runes) with a mix of dire/apoc for the rest. That gives me enough healing power and a lot of condition dmg. Depending on the opponent food choice, its either; veggie pizza or mango pie to counter theirs. Straight s/d a/t setup with geomancy sigils. This does well against those zerker thieves or any other zerks who think, “Oh, a single ranger. That is easy prey”. I tend to sit still when I see a thief walk towards me with #4 dagger ready. With proper timing I avoid their intial attack and lay down conditions (15 stacks of bleed).

Now, one thing I would have to ask with the new immobilize stack duration. Has anyone run into engineers with insane duration?

Regeneration Ranger?

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

This would be my current iteration of a regen ranger: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMAQRAnY8fjAVV2BWKWo2Bi2jMZeMxPYIPjR5fA-jUxAIuBRnHLiGbdrIasaZioa1NGA-w

Though currently, my build is a hybrid trap build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMAQRAnY8fjAV11xVKWo2Bi2jMZeMxeYIH9IXB/D-jUBBIODiOPqIaslhFRjVLjIqWdDDA-w

Traps are extremely lackluster to me though after playing my necro/engineer. They feel very underpowered, and the only redeeming quality of running them on my ranger is rangers natural evasiveness. Engineer can do the same thing, but arguably, it takes much more APM to perform well, and depending on the situation, is much less forgiving.

My next setup I’ll be running is just: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMAQNAV8fjAVN1lVKWo2Bi2jMZeMxKYI3jSRqTB-jUBBIOCy5RFRjtMsIasaZER1qbYA-w

I understand the limitations of a spirit build after playing it in PvP for so long, and I believe it can be made just as effective as it is in PvP outside of a zerging situation in WvW. So I’m going to give it a shot again, knowing full well that AoE cleave is more prevalent in WvW, in order to see if I can make it outperform traps due to better functionality than traps while sacrificing rangers only spammable AoE.

I’m posting these here because they all take the idea of a regen ranger and either use a trait combination that is very rare, or they take most of the positives of a regen ranger and apply it to a different utility set than a BM build.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

Regeneration Ranger?

in Ranger

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMAQRAnf8YnAVkYZlFWBxaZgYVAQtHTy8Y69IWrv9lMqmA-j0BBodDimkO0kHBKPqIaslhFRjVPjIqWdDDA-w

That’s my current Setup if anyone is curious.

Only thing really giving me trouble with now is Necromancers.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

(edited by Xsorus.2507)

Regeneration Ranger?

in Ranger

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fMAQNAV8fjAVN1lVKWo2Bi2jMZeMxKYI3jSRqTB-jUBBIOCy5RFRjtMsIasaZER1qbYA-w

That’s my current Setup if anyone is curious.

Only thing really giving me trouble with now is Necromancers.

Did spirits get HP buff? I mean the 74%

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF