Remorseless Quickdraw Rangers very strong

in Ranger

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

I used to use my ranger only in PvP, but now that I am starting to roam with him in WvW, I find him very strong. Not to the extent of OP, but still very viable and strong.

Quickdraw.

This trait allows a very fast recharge of the next skill you use on weapon swap.

I run with LB + GS. Either one of them has immense capability.

Usually I open with LB burst, then as the target gets closer and I need to kite, I swap to GS, use GS 3 to open up the gap, then 2-3 seconds later, another GS 3 to open up the gap.

and when I swap back to LB, I blast away with LB 2 or LB 4 first, double LB 2 blast on such short cool down or double knockback.

Gosh I feel very strong right now.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATRjEqQLL2wCesAVLG2DqtJCgEoL4eYI4BOgHhCW1A-T1yEwAB3foxhAApSoAPAgBXAgkKfSp+jGdBAMhRQJoijAAA-w

Edited to show the build I’m using. Quickdraw + remorseless + fury on weapon swap and fury on survival skills = a lot of opening strikes.

So deadly! I feel very strong roaming with my ranger. Not to the extent of being OP though.

Either LB or GS both have good skills to activate with Quickdraw depending on situation. You can do a quick double leap to open up the gap, you can do a double block, you can LB 2 or LB 4.

All deadly with quickdraw =DDDD

Quickdraw Remorseless Wolf/Dog LB rangers
-4 disables on pets alone,
-Longbow4 knockback,
-quickdraw gives a 2-3 second double 900+ range leap insane kiting
-when swapping back to LB, quickdraw activates again for another double knockback or double rapid fire = doom
-not including all utilites and elite

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

(edited by EremiteAngel.9765)

in Ranger

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

Yep.

People usually underestimate power rangers because they just 22222222 and 111111 but this build is reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyy FUN, it’s not OP, it’s not that strong too but it’s great and has a good synergy with the team.

You need to timing your rotation to abuse the remorseless to an extent to get always 10+ stacks of vulnerability.
Survability is also pretty good, LB 3 LB4 GS3 GS4 wolf fear and you can actually use GS3/GS4 super fast with quickdraw, quickening zephyr is really good for escapes/resses/insta burst, it got a good buff imo.

I haven’t tried this in WvW but if in pvp it’s viable then in WvW it should be really good.

Sadly this isn’t in pvp meta because you know mesmers can do this 10x better but it’s a really fun build.

(edited by Elxdark.9702)

in Ranger

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

i dun think mesmers can do this 10x better in WvW.
I often pop mesmers dead even when they go invis my rapid fire just tear through them.

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

quickdraw has been a bit of a let down for several reasons. mostly that going into skirmishing pretty much kills our survivability, in one way or another. if it was a built in mechanic, or an adept/master in a more useful trait line, it would be cool. I was very excited bout it, but ranger just doesn’t work without a few key GM’s right now, and quickdraw just isn’t one of them. one could argue ranger doesn’t work at all, but each to their own.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

quickdraw has been a bit of a let down for several reasons. mostly that going into skirmishing pretty much kills our survivability, in one way or another. if it was a built in mechanic, or an adept/master in a more useful trait line, it would be cool. I was very excited bout it, but ranger just doesn’t work without a few key GM’s right now, and quickdraw just isn’t one of them. one could argue ranger doesn’t work at all, but each to their own.

Its another trait that I feel would have worked better in the previous meta.

The longer sustain would have given you more time to plan your use of it.

Right now you’re too busy spamming damage and evasion to use it intelligently.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in Ranger

Posted by: aB EXT.1287

aB EXT.1287

I’m also using something very similar, albeit with a few minor changes, and having a lot of success in every game mode (except that challenging PvE content that I hear GW2 has but have never actually seen). Extremely potent in 1v1, roaming and zerg play. It may not be ‘meta’ in sPVP but it is still very good.

in Ranger

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

Can you elaborate? The only trait line I see as nearly mandatory for PvP / WvW roaming would Survival, as its the source of our two real options for condi removal.

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

in Ranger

Posted by: Padapwn.5924

Padapwn.5924

I dont understand the muddy terrain.. If you run double dog, you have enough cd to make up for the muddy terrain and you can bring something like QZ that helps finish fights harder. Plus at the very least is another stun break/condi removal. Other thing ive seen is lead the wind is a far supperior trait to remorseless because of the fury uptime from wilderness knowledge. You lose the 25% dmg with fury but you attack faster and gain piercing with lower cds on your LB.

Also sigil of hydromancy, im assuming your using GS to get away and more of defensive. If you switch that with intelligence.. and when they gap close take the fight to them hitting the swoop, hilt bash, maul combo.. you can change the fight where they HAVE to go on the defensive.

(edited by Padapwn.5924)

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Imo, it should affect pet skills too.